Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh wicked... I just noticed that I went up in rank... I'm a General now.
    Wow, first one of us to make General. Congrats! I'm amazed by your dedication.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I am just a plain lil ol Captain
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder what is above that? Could you end up a Wraith queen someday?

Everyone's been doing lovely artwork. I'm very impressed by everyone here!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          YAY - congrats on 20,000! WOOT! And, thanks for the great Sparky picstory!

Okay, on to my part in the SGA meme....

Day 3: An episode you hate
          Hmmmm - hate is a pretty strong word. I don't suppose I "hate" any of the episodes, but I do DISLIKE "Sanctuary" in Season 1. I'm not a big fan of Chaya in this one, or John's infatuation in her. Yep, that's totally biased by my Sparky shippyness. But also by my bias on relationships in general. I'm not a fan of "hooking up just to hook up". And, I also don't like the quickie hook up used as a plot device either. Now, if you want to have a character be attracted to another character and to act on it, fine. Just don't do it where the entire evolution of the relationship happens in one episode. I never wanted SGA to be a soap opera. I did want to see more character development. I did want to see more of a human connection between the characters. I like the pretty lights and shiny special effects, but I'm more intrigued by character connections to each other. As much as I love to SQUEE over Sparky fanfic, I know that it wouldn't have worked to see all of that on screen every week. Could they have handled a relationship between two of the main characters on the show without letting it overpower the whole thing? IMHO - YEP, with the right writers.
          None of the characters seemed to be "in character" for that whole episode. It was like their brains had all been hijacked. I agree that the one time love interest idea is not fun. I felt the same way about Mike in Sunday. Here's a character you've never seen before, you know you'll never see again. So what's the point?

Comment

I wish John Sheppard will slide across the table and kiss her
            BALCONIES
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              None of the characters seemed to be "in character" for that whole episode. It was like their brains had all been hijacked. I agree that the one time love interest idea is not fun. I felt the same way about Mike in Sunday. Here's a character you've never seen before, you know you'll never see again. So what's the point?
              I always thought so too. My theory was that Chaya had put some kind of spell on all of them, especially John and somehow Rodney was immune. But of course, nothing like that was true. It was just so bizarre. It was written by someone named Alan Brennert who was never heard from again which could explain a lot. No wonder John felt he had to give Elizabeth a birthday present in the very next episode as an apology.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp342/Clumsyxheartx3/John%20Sheppard%20Thunkage/normal_atl_213_925.jpg

I remember when the desk sitting first began that somebody commented it was like one of those singers who lounges on a piano and they just kept expecting him to stretch out and start singing to her. Now that's an image for you.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I remember when the desk sitting first began that somebody commented it was like one of those singers who lounges on a piano and they just kept expecting him to stretch out and start singing to her. Now that's an image for you.
                John Singing, after that video you showed me of Joe singing that would be quite a funny sight...I can picture Elizabeth laughing already but at the same time swooning after his romatic gesture.
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

And it looks like every time one of us waves hello to our lurkers it scares them all away. Wonder why that is? We're a friendly bunch as long as you at least see the potential of Sparky and don't tell us we're imagining things. After all, shipping Sparky is what you would expect to happen in the Sparky thread. So join in if you can.
                  *cracks up* Yeah, it's funny, isn't it?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Woo Hoo! Running off after this message.
                  Don't look now, but they've just posted Part 3 of "The Politics of Marriage"! I'm surprised, it's usually a couple of days between posting segments. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! Anyway, the action is back in Caldora,
                  Spoiler:
                  with John's abdication of Sheppard (as I had anticipated), and Cameron and Carolyn's wedding. Given that they've already gotten the wedding out of the way, I'm rather curious to see what they've got in store for Part 4!

Doppelganger never happened in my part of the universe...

And ZOMG, congratulations on hitting 20,000 posts! That is wicked cool!

I always thought so too. My theory was that Chaya had put some kind of spell on all of them, especially John and somehow Rodney was immune. But of course, nothing like that was true. It was just so bizarre. It was written by someone named Alan Brennert who was never heard from again which could explain a lot. No wonder John felt he had to give Elizabeth a birthday present in the very next episode as an apology.
                  *snerks* Spell, indeed.

Hah! Though I think John would be more of a 'stand at the foot of her balcony and serenade her on his guitar' kind of guy.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Congrats on the promotion!!!
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Hah! Though I think John would be more of a 'stand at the foot of her balcony and serenade her on his guitar' kind of guy.
                      I dont think John sings but the guitar sounds realistic. Or he could go Sleepless in Seattle and stand out Liz's window holding a boombox.

BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

Pretty my dear....the remind me of a married couple in those pics =D
                        Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

*glomps everyone*
                        I haven't spent all my time lately playing Angry Birds. I did manage to come up with this little wallpaper. Thanks to nephtys for the background and the rest was simple. The lyrics are from my new favorite Josh Groban song.

Spoiler:
                        Wow, you all have done some amazing artwork!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Nice, SR!!!

Okay, ficcie time!!!

*involves storage closets*

Atlantis Orientation -- Sexual Harassment 104 is now up for your reading, reviewing, and squeeing pleasure!

Heh. It IS Tuesday, isn't it?!
                        YES! I've been a patient grasshopper...and it had me hopping with excitment when I saw the story alert today. Left love over at FF.

And to celebrate my 20,000th post, have some images of sparkilicious things:

Spoiler:

Carson and Laura know the Sparky secret.

Novak's on to Elizabeth's little secret.

And so does Kate... all giddy over it too.

And then she wants to know all about it...

...so she can woe Teyla some more.

*thunk*

John's attempt to persuade Kate not to tell the rest of the city about what she saw earlier in the hallway where she found Sparky hiding in the broom closet.

And one of my personal favorites... it's my 20,000th post after all:

I adore this one :John's attempt to persuade Kate not to tell the rest of the city about what she saw earlier in the hallway where she found Sparky hiding in the broom closet. Priceless!

And congratulations General! Ooh rah!

*sighs* And that happy thought will send me off to some seriously sweet dreams.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          30+1 Days of SGA

Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                          Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                          Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                          Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                          Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                          Day 14: Favorite pairing
                          Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                          Day 16: Favorite season
                          Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                          Day 18: Favorite side character
                          Day 19: Most annoying side character
                          Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                          Day 21: Best quote
                          Day 22: Worst quote
                          Day 23: Saddest character death
                          Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                          Day 25: Favorite kiss
                          Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                          Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                          Day 28: Favorite enemy
                          Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                          Day 30: One thing you would change
                          Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                          ahm....pretty much all of them but i have to admit that i've seen The Long Goodbye maybe a few times more often then all the others....if you'd ask me i think i could tell you pretty much every line TH says troughout this episode

CONGRATS FALCON ON 20,000 POSTS!!!

Comment

I dont think John sings but the guitar sounds realistic. Or he could go Sleepless in Seattle and stand out Liz's window holding a boombox.

Since most of the balconies seem to just look out on the ocean from many feet, I hope John will be hovering in a puddlejumper. Now that would take a bit of maneuvering with the guitar and all. *pictures it*
                            sigpic

Comment

Since most of the balconies seem to just look out on the ocean from many feet, I hope John will be hovering in a puddlejumper. Now that would take a bit of maneuvering with the guitar and all. *pictures it*
                              John Sheppard is like Chuck Norris he can certainly figure it out *snickers*
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....time to catch up on the meme.

Day 22: Worst Quote
                                I'm not saying that this is a badly written line, it's just one part of a dialogue that really left me fuming and thinking- seriously Kavanagh, want to open up that can of Weir whoop a**

KAVANAGH: I happily left the S.G.C. because I had had it up to here with the military running things; and you just busted me like a private.

Day 23: Saddest character death
                                Carson. The services were heart wrenching.

Day 24: Favorite in show lingo
                                lifesucking aliens Though it always makes me smile and probably undermines the whole staying terrified of the enemy thing.

Day 25: Favorite Kiss

The sparky love in me says TLG, but I always had a fondness for the craziness of the Carson/Rodney (Cadman) liplock. I simply adore crazy Rodney.

And a fic:
                                And speaking of that crazy, snarky, sarcastic joy of a scientist, I was inspired by all the quotes around here and whipped up a little Sparky crackfic based in large part (and I did give due credit) on original quotes from the show. I took some of my favorites and cramed them all into one crazy litte fic. If you want to check it out, link below.

sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X