• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Love that. Who's the one going \o/?
    Thank you.

\o/?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Birthday to Claire and RDA! (thanks for the reminder, FH!)

SQUEEEEE! I think I can see Chuck, Kate, and Lorne too! (Radek must be hiding behind John and Elizabeth, teehee!)
    Heehee. SGA must be so deep in my subconscious that I put them in there without realizing what I was doing! I mean... yes of course that's them.

Glad you like it.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Thank you.

\o/?
      I think she means the brown-haired one with yellow jacket panels at the back of the crowd on Elizabeth's side of the gateroom. Was kinda wondering about that myself.

Heehee. SGA must be so deep in my subconscious that I put them in there without realizing what I was doing! I mean... yes of course that's them.

Glad you like it.
      Heeheehee! Team Atlantis on the brain! Always a good way to live.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think she means the brown-haired one with yellow jacket panels at the back of the crowd on Elizabeth's side of the gateroom. Was kinda wondering about that myself.

That is indeed who I was wondering about. Thanks SK.

And SMB_BOOKS, since your favorite character is Elizabeth, this next story is for you.

After I went to the Chicago con my friend, Ms. S, got inspired and has been watching S1 of SGA on Netflix. I have been afraid to ask her any specifics about it but got brave today and asked who her favorite character is. She said Elizabeth and for much the same reasons you listed, she started gushing and went on and on about what a great role model she is and how strong a leader and how the part didn't have to be written for a woman or a man. (Reminds me of Martin Firrell.)

Then she said Rodney is her second favorite because she thinks he's funny and then....time for all you Sparkies to be sitting down....and then, while I stood there with my mouth open...she said something like "and Elizabeth is so in love with the military guy...what's his name...the Major."

Now at this point, I lost it and threw my arms around her. She didn't understand my emotion and said, "Oh please don't tell me that she dies because I don't think I could stand it if she dies and they don't get together." Ohdearohdearohdear. I don't think I gave anything away because I reassured her that it's safe to watch S2. I think I covered pretty well and hopefully she won't kill me later.

And once again, a completely unbiased opinion falls in favor of Sparky. Now I just have to stop myself from nagging her to watch more of it. She's distracted right now by Primeval but will get back to SGA I'm sure.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          FH - here you go, a little Kate/Teyla scene from "The Gift":
          Oh, I love that scene so much...

Makes me all happy!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Day 23: Saddest character death

Elizabeth is not dead so I take Carson even if I didn't cry during the episode.
            The death of Kate: I was more upset by it than sad. Mister Cooper can write some stupid things.
            But if we can pick in SG1 and SGA, I will choose Janet. Her episode was very sad.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*salutes*

And SMB_BOOKS, since your favorite character is Elizabeth, this next story is for you.

After I went to the Chicago con my friend, Ms. S, got inspired and has been watching S1 of SGA on Netflix. I have been afraid to ask her any specifics about it but got brave today and asked who her favorite character is. She said Elizabeth and for much the same reasons you listed, she started gushing and went on and on about what a great role model she is and how strong a leader and how the part didn't have to be written for a woman or a man. (Reminds me of Martin Firrell.)

Then she said Rodney is her second favorite because she thinks he's funny and then....time for all you Sparkies to be sitting down....and then, while I stood there with my mouth open...she said something like "and Elizabeth is so in love with the military guy...what's his name...the Major."

Now at this point, I lost it and threw my arms around her. She didn't understand my emotion and said, "Oh please don't tell me that she dies because I don't think I could stand it if she dies and they don't get together." Ohdearohdearohdear. I don't think I gave anything away because I reassured her that it's safe to watch S2. I think I covered pretty well and hopefully she won't kill me later.

And once again, a completely unbiased opinion falls in favor of Sparky. Now I just have to stop myself from nagging her to watch more of it. She's distracted right now by Primeval but will get back to SGA I'm sure.
              Hahahaha! The conversion of the world to the Sparky faith continues!

But ZOMG, I hope your friend doesn't kill you, either! Of course, I'm sure you can mollify her with an offering of Atlantis Rising.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Your story SR remind me what my sister said. We were talking about tv show and after Stargate. I told her Elizabeth was not in the last seasons and her reaction "I'm sure her boyfriend, the military guy, is very sad". She watched only the first season and it was already obvious for her.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

But ZOMG, I hope your friend doesn't kill you, either! Of course, I'm sure you can mollify her with an offering of Atlantis Rising.
                  Was thinking the same thing...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Elizabeth is not dead so I take Carson even if I didn't cry during the episode.
                    The death of Kate: I was more upset by it than sad. Mister Cooper can write some stupid things.
                    But if we can pick in SG1 and SGA, I will choose Janet. Her episode was very sad.
                    My pick - Vegas!Sheppard, dying alone in the desert, not knowing he saved the world. Like you, Probie, all the other deaths anger me instead of making me sad.

Your story SR remind me what my sister said. We were talking about tv show and after Stargate. I told her Elizabeth was not in the last seasons and her reaction "I'm sure her boyfriend, the military guy, is very sad". She watched only the first season and it was already obvious for her.

My aunt has watched a few clips with me, and her only comment is that she likes "that guy with the dreadlocks... he's hot". My aunt is in her mid 70s, so my response was She says "I know you think that other guy [John] is hot." So I said "well, yes, they're BOTH hot but Ronon is younger than me!"

Comment

Same with my friend and she's such a casual viewer, she barely remembers their names. LOL It was just obvious from the start and she said they were in love, not that they were close or going to be in love or would be together at some point. She said it was obvious they WERE IN LOVE!!!! Excuse the yelling, I just get excited when I'm right.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Great minds. I'm sure S2 will bring up some questions in her mind and I can tell her not to worry we fix it in SGARising.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hooray for 106000 posts!!!

Here's a treat to celebrate.

It's official. I'm the biggest most hopelessly romantic sap in the entire world. Please forgive me.

Spoiler:

Perhaps it's not quite as good as the other one, but it's just so fluffy and happy that I love it anyway. This was inspired by the same song as the last one; it wasn't ready to let me go yet. Perhaps this has become a series...
                        I honestly don't know what has possessed me to do these backgrounds. *shakes head* Especially this one. (Also I fail so much at straight lines.) I must have become temporarily crazy, because normally I'm far too lazy to do backgrounds (or I feel that it takes away from the focus of the pic).
                        Yes, that is Woolsey down there with the crowd. If you're wondering where the team is, Ronon, Teyla, Rodney and I suppose Jennifer are up there with John and Liz as groomsman, maid of honor, best man and bridesmaid respectively. So yeah...

Enjoy.
                        OMG that is beautiful!!! Love Woolsey in his suit in the background.

Comment

Ah. Well, it's nobody in particular. Maybe slightly me (although I wouldn't be a medic), but also just a generic expedition person celebrating b/c they finally just quit dancing around each other and got hitched. Maybe the person overreacted slightly, but hey, they just kissed; it's a happy moment.

Oh, that is such an awesome story!! But yes, oh dear indeed.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

A bit of Sparky Angst for y'all from my crossover

Alone at last and John Sheppard was glad of it. He hated that everyone was on his back While the rest of the team was sleeping, he tip toed out of his quarters and began exploring the house. Like flying he loved exploring strange places, since it took is mind away from anything that was paining him at that moment. As he walked the halls, he stared in amazement at the portraits hanging on the wall. He occasionally stopped and randomly trailed his fingers over the glossy paint. It amazed him that while a human being could create such destruction, they could also create such beauty.

God Elizabeth would love-

His smile faded. Even thinking her name was too painful to him. He sighed and continued to walk the hallways of the manor. He soon came to an entranceway to a balcony. Curious, he opened the double doors.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Great minds think alike!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

My aunt has watched a few clips with me, and her only comment is that she likes "that guy with the dreadlocks... he's hot". My aunt is in her mid 70s, so my response was She says "I know you think that other guy [John] is hot." So I said "well, yes, they're BOTH hot but Ronon is younger than me!"

Same with my friend and she's such a casual viewer, she barely remembers their names. LOL It was just obvious from the start and she said they were in love, not that they were close or going to be in love or would be together at some point. She said it was obvious they WERE IN LOVE!!!! Excuse the yelling, I just get excited when I'm right.

Great minds. I'm sure S2 will bring up some questions in her mind and I can tell her not to worry we fix it in SGARising.
                              We're Sparkies. We're always right.

Ah. Well, it's nobody in particular. Maybe slightly me (although I wouldn't be a medic), but also just a generic expedition person celebrating b/c they finally just quit dancing around each other and got hitched. Maybe the person overreacted slightly, but hey, they just kissed; it's a happy moment.
                              Overreacted? Heh! There's no such thing when it comes to Sparky.

Comment

definitely Carson's death.

Comment

Working...
                                X