Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Ahhh, the angst! CG was such a heartbreaking episode for the both of them.

Brrr is right! *shivers*

John and the team will no doubt be wishing they had some of your beef barley soup with them during "To Build a Fire." Heheheh...
    *snort* I didn't think about that. And yeah, I do have John wondering what his friend has in that big pot. Or will have in that big pot. *pets him*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That was very well done. And I love me some angst. CG was actually a very Sparky ep and they weren't even in a scene together.
      Thanks I was listening to the song today and randomly this idea came after I thought of my fan fic. And yes this is a very lantent Sparky episode. In my imagination John and Lizzie did alot of cuddling when John came home

Ahhh, the angst! CG was such a heartbreaking episode for the both of them.
      I know!! =[
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

*snort* I didn't think about that. And yeah, I do have John wondering what his friend has in that big pot. Or will have in that big pot. *pets him*
        Muahahah... I'm suddenly reminded of that one segment early in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." Yeah, you know which one I'm talking about. Paprika, anyone?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heya Sparkies! Now that the authors for the 2010 Sparky Santa fic exchange have been revealed, I can now shamelessly pimp my fic:

Atlantis's First Thanksgiving, or Why We Learned to Stop Worrying and Believe in the Expedition's Betting Pool, which I wrote for the marvelous oparu. It's set in an AU Season 1, with all our old friends making appearances at a celebration held at the Athosian camp. Old skool Sparky, at it's best. Please enjoy!

And in a hilarious bit of irony, oparu was the one assigned to write fic for me: Sugar Rush! It's a hysterical little Christmas fic, and I swear, I am so going to find a way to get some puddlejumper-shaped cookie cutters if it kills me! Hahahah!

Be sure to read and review all the other great fics there, too! These authors need some love!
          That one was you? Cool! I loved your whole idea for the show arc. You should have been in charge! It would have made for much more tension for them to be cut off from Earth for longer. The stories could have been awesome.

And Sugar Rush was awesome too. Frosting licking!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            That one was you? Cool! I loved your whole idea for the show arc. You should have been in charge! It would have made for much more tension for them to be cut off from Earth for longer. The stories could have been awesome.
            Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I wish I could've been in charge, I would've treated the characters far better than they were.

Oh wait. I still can. Long live Atlantis Rising!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            And Sugar Rush was awesome too. Frosting licking!!
            Gotta love the frosting licking! Goofy!John is so cute!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hooray for 106000 posts!!!

Here's a treat to celebrate.

It's official. I'm the biggest most hopelessly romantic sap in the entire world. Please forgive me.

Spoiler:

Perhaps it's not quite as good as the other one, but it's just so fluffy and happy that I love it anyway. This was inspired by the same song as the last one; it wasn't ready to let me go yet. Perhaps this has become a series...
              I honestly don't know what has possessed me to do these backgrounds. *shakes head* Especially this one. (Also I fail so much at straight lines.) I must have become temporarily crazy, because normally I'm far too lazy to do backgrounds (or I feel that it takes away from the focus of the pic).
              Yes, that is Woolsey down there with the crowd. If you're wondering where the team is, Ronon, Teyla, Rodney and I suppose Jennifer are up there with John and Liz as groomsman, maid of honor, best man and bridesmaid respectively. So yeah...

Enjoy.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

It's official. I'm the biggest most hopelessly romantic sap in the entire world. Please forgive me.

Perhaps it's not quite as good as the other one, but it's just so fluffy and happy that I love it anyway. This was inspired by the same song as the last one; it wasn't ready to let me go yet. Perhaps this has become a series...
                I honestly don't know what has possessed me to do these backgrounds. *shakes head* Especially this one. (Also I fail so much at straight lines.) I must have become temporarily crazy, because normally I'm far too lazy to do backgrounds (or I feel that it takes away from the focus of the pic).
                Yes, that is Woolsey down there with the crowd. If you're wondering where the team is, Ronon, Teyla, Rodney and I suppose Jennifer are up there with John and Liz as groomsman, maid of honor, best man and bridesmaid respectively. So yeah...

Enjoy.
                Love that. Who's the one going \o/?
                sigpic

Comment

And we appreciate your tolerance and the way you are a member of the Sparky family without being a shipper per se. You are always positive and respectful and we love that about you.
                  Add the plenty of sugar I get here... and I'm sure to return.

***And another question for today + a b'day wish***

Spoiler:
                  Day 23: Saddest character death
                  Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                  Day 25: Favorite kiss
                  Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                  Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                  Day 28: Favorite enemy
                  Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                  Day 30: One thing you would change
                  Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 22: Worst quote

I don't have any dialogues that I could catalogue as bad or worse. Wouldn't know how to answer this really. *shrug*

***And the birthday wish...

Happy Birthday to Claire and RDA today!!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Add the plenty of sugar I get here... and I'm sure to return.

***And another question for today + a b'day wish***

Spoiler:

I don't have any dialogues that I could catalogue as bad or worse. Wouldn't know how to answer this really. *shrug*

***And the birthday wish...

Happy Birthday to Claire and RDA today!!
                    What is it with these shared birthdays? Anyway, happy birthday Claire and RDA!!!!

There are so many good ones it's hard to think of a bad one. The first thing that popped into my mind was the cringeworthy moment at the end of The Shrine when this happened:

McKAY: I've loved you for some time now.

There may be better ones but that's stuck in my head now.
                    sigpic

Comment

There are so many good ones it's hard to think of a bad one. The first thing that popped into my mind was the cringeworthy moment at the end of The Shrine when this happened:

McKAY: I've loved you for some time now.

There may be better ones but that's stuck in my head now.
                      Mmm yeah... now that you mention it. I must have erased that one from my memory. That definitely fits the worst-quote description.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Mmm yeah... now that you mention it. I must have erased that one from my memory. That definitely fits the worst-quote description.
                        Uh yeah. Somebody needs to come up with something better so I can flush that one. *shudders*
                        sigpic

Comment

Uh yeah. Somebody needs to come up with something better so I can flush that one. *shudders*
                          Here you go - I offer you a little excerpt from "Submersion"....
                          Spoiler:

WEIR: So am I. Well, we have a lot of exploring to do.

SHEPPARD: “We”?

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

And here is a little "gift" for Falcon Horus, who is such a great contributor to the Sparky thread. Sparky may not be her OTP, but she always brings a thoughtful contribution to this thread.

And, I guess I need to label this as OT, since it's not all about Sparky...

FH - here you go, a little Kate/Teyla scene from "The Gift":
                            Spoiler:

KATE'S OFFICE.

TEYLA: I-It was me.

HEIGHTMEYER: You were standing over yourself?

TEYLA: I-It was me, but it was not me. I was a Wraith.

HEIGHTMEYER: The truth is, people waste a lot of time trying to interpret their dreams. They're really just another way our brain thinks when we're asleep. There are no hidden meanings. In fact, we tend to forget most everything we dream about. Our conscious mind is capable of deciding what's most important to us.

TEYLA: Well, the fact that on some level I see myself as a Wraith is very disturbing to me.

HEIGHTMEYER: I think this special ability that you have, this talent for sensing the Wraith, connects you to them in your mind -- maybe in a way you would like to deny. You said you hadn't really given it much thought in the past -- I don't think that's true.

TEYLA: What am I supposed to do? I cannot change it.

HEIGHTMEYER: Probably not -- but the unknown frightens us. We all like to feel in control, even though most of the time our power over most things is just an illusion -- but I find the more we know about something, the more we can convince ourselves we are in control of it.
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Sorry for the trifecta of posts this morning. I suppose I should have put them all into one.

I'm going to give the SGA meme a try. I apologize in advance for any days I miss, or if it takes me until summer to get this done!

Spoiler:

30+1 Days of SGA

Day 1: Your favorite character
                              Day 2: Your favorite episode
                              Day 3: An episode you hate
                              Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
                              Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
                              Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
                              Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
                              Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                              Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                              Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                              Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                              Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                              Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                              Day 14: Favorite pairing
                              Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                              Day 16: Favorite season
                              Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                              Day 18: Favorite side character
                              Day 19: Most annoying side character
                              Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                              Day 21: Best quote

Day 1 - My favorite character..........

Drumroll please.............

Spoiler:

Big surprise, I know.

The character of Elizabeth is what drew me into SGA to begin with. Her strength, her compassion, her courage, her leadership. All of it, lock, stock and barrel. She was not perfect, and that, in itself is perfection. (whoa, deep thought there) She held the expedition together. She surrounded herself with amazing people and then put them in an environment where their strengths and talents would be revealed and utlized to their best potential. And, she cared. She cared so much, felt things so deeply, which I guess, at times, was both her greatest strength and her achilles heel. And, I admit, when she was lost to the Replicators, I couldn't continue with the show. So, SGA was Season 1, 2 and 3 for me. After that, it transformed into something I couldn't connect to anymore. I did watch the "Elizabeth" episodes in Season 4, but that's it.
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Birthday to Claire and RDA! (thanks for the reminder, FH!)

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ongasIlive.jpg

Enjoy.
                                SQUEEEEE! I think I can see Chuck, Kate, and Lorne too! (Radek must be hiding behind John and Elizabeth, teehee!)

Comment

Working...
                                X