Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm sorry, but What? In the sense that he cares about her right at that moment and showed admiration all through that episode for how she was dealing with the situation, I think it's a pretty sublime look. Or do you mean the look is so hot, it lacks reverence? That I'd go for.

It's all about the eye sex you know.

Me too. That was a great Sparky episode.

Care to share how you think he's thinking of her right at that moment? Because now I'm even more confused. And that's John, not Joe. We try to keep the two very very separate here. We are a bit skittish about RPS.
    Gotcha, sorry about the confusion on both parts.

About the pic, he looks confused to me. He looks like he's about to say "What are you talking about?". I'm sorry if I've offended and confused you but that's just how I see it. I'm sorry.

Yay for 106,000!

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      Gotcha, sorry about the confusion on both parts.

About the pic, he looks confused to me. He looks like he's about to say "What are you talking about?". I'm sorry if I've offended and confused you but that's just how I see it. I'm sorry.

Yay for 106,000!
      No problem but since this is the Sparky thread, you can expect everything to be about Sparky and how we see Sparky throughout the show. That's just how we roll.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Last week? The show is over and this thread is in ebullition.lol
        What we said? Sparky is "pesky to kill"?
        Sparky's a Wraith, a good wraith like Todd. If I said Cockroach it would be too degrading.

Looks like the year of Sparky is continuing into 2011. We are having a terrific revival which just goes to show how timeless this ship really is. Good job everybody!
        I am thinking, and this is why I like them, I believe Sparky is best in a Aestheticly and realisticly. Had it developed and blossomed further it would have made more sense. It isn't some Romeo and Juliet thing where John and Liz looked at each other and VIOLA they are in love, but its the more realistic love story, where they started out as close friends who looked out for each other but as time passed they saw Spark and their loved bloomed to what it was.

I think its why people love Sparky so much, it's very relatable to the viewer not some Twilight, fairy tale romance.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

No problem but since this is the Sparky thread, you can expect everything to be about Sparky and how we see Sparky throughout the show. That's just how we roll.
          I know it was just that I saw the pic pertaining more to Weir than to Shep. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            Sparky's a Wraith, a good wraith like Todd. If I said Cockroach it would be too degrading.

I am thinking, and this is why I like them, I believe Sparky is best in a Aestheticly and realisticly. Had it developed and blossomed further it would have made more sense. It isn't some Romeo and Juliet thing where John and Liz looked at each other and VIOLA they are in love, but its the more realistic love story, where they started out as close friends who looked out for each other but as time passed they saw Spark and their loved bloomed to what it was.

I think its why people love Sparky so much, it's very relatable to the viewer not some Twilight, fairy tale romance.
            That is a very good way to look at it. We've said that same thing here for years. We loved the way it was going with them and most of us didn't want a sudden lovey relationship to begin. We wanted a slow build up with more of the scenes we got so many of that showed how close they were becoming and then do an intelligent adult relationship later on down the line. But you know how that turned out. Sigh.

Elizabeth was one of the few people who really "got" John and saw his potential and he would have done anything for her. Even try to teach Rodney to meditate. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Elizabeth was one of the few people who really "got" John and saw his potential and he would have done anything for her. Even try to teach Rodney to meditate. LOL
              I see that as more for Rodney's sake than hers. Granted I haven't seen that episode since I've tried merging into a Shweir Sparky so maybe I'll have to watch it again but when I watched it before, I always saw it as John willing to try that for his friend's sake, especially if it meant helping him.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

gateraid! Welcome back, buddy! I wanted to reply earlier, but I had to go eat lunch first.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                If I hadn't been on the net, I would not have realised that the city was supposedly militarised in s4. It was a big thing at the time (on GW), but in reality, nothing changed. If Carter had decided to go by Dr Carter instead of Colonel Carter, there'd have been no recognition at all that they had a military leader. Heck, she wasn't even in uniform - WTH? The 'war' with the Replicators was fought on a scientific basis, and wouldn't have played out any different with a civilian leader (okay, Weir definitely wouldn't have been allowed to go on the Deadalus, while Woolsey would have gone but not pushed any buttons; but the actual strategy wouldn't have changed).

To me, if there was any change in military/scientist staffing levels, it wasn't noticable.
                That's rather true, isn't it? They made such a big fuss at the beginning about how Carter was going to be on Atlantis, how everything was going to change, how they were fighting wars on two fronts ohnoez, and then... nothing. It was definitely a let down, that's for sure.

I've read fics like that, I think they go too far (my unpopular opinion). When you think about it logically, if everyone with the ATA gene can 'control' the city, when the Ancients were there, they'd have had to limit what one could or could not do (mentally) because they all possessed the gene, strongly. Some of the fics seem to take what we saw on screen (turning things on, operating tech etc) and extrapolate on it.
                Well, I think part of it is the relative strength of the gene in those who have it. Most of those in Atlantis with the gene aren't as strong as Sheppard; Weir said it herself in "Rising" that the others had to concentrate to make the Chair work, but Sheppard just sat down and WHAM!

That said, the massive fail is not exploring the city more, even if they just parked two dozen scientists in front of the database and told them to read it until they find something interesting. For all we know, there could have been information vital to overthrowing the wraith in there.
                Word. We needed more city exploration, darnit. Oh well, we'll take care of that.

Though it would seem the database didn't really have anything about finishing off the Wraith; that was the whole premise behind the Aurora's mission, that they were bringing such vital Wraith-ending information back to Atlantis.

Having been on anti character threads, sometimes its not so much as hating a character as just wanting them to be written better. Take Keller - I think the idea of the character was okay (they flubbed her introduction during s4) but I don't think the writers actually got a handle on who the character was (they can't have, because they wrote her so inconsistently). And yet, for as much hate as there is out there for Keller (not all of it warranted), everyone loves Jewel. From what I gather, Weir/Torri was not afforded the same luxury.
                I certainly like the idea of Keller, too. I'd like to work more with her in Atlantis Rising.

No, Weir/Torri was never given the same consideration. Just another one of the reasons why I'm so defensive of them both.

Now I want to watch "First Strike". You will think I'm strange but I like this episode. There are so many interesting Sparky scenes in it.
                Oh no, I agree, there's a lot of great Sparky material in FS. Ah, the angst, it is delicious... *sporks Ellis*

Guys,

Do you realize we will reach 106,000 post very soon?

We are on fire!
                Didnt we just get to 105000?
                Last week? The show is over and this thread is in ebullition.lol
                What we said? Sparky is "pesky to kill"?
                Looks like the year of Sparky is continuing into 2011. We are having a terrific revival which just goes to show how timeless this ship really is. Good job everybody!
                *cracks up* You guys are slaying me!

At the rate we're going, we'll hit 106,000 by the end of tomorrow. I hope you're all ready for more CAKE!

Well said. Sparky is the most natural, humanistic pairing I've ever seen on Stargate.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And another thing...

If it's cockroaches you want... *cough*Michael*coughcough* (betcha we could come up with a way to bring him back in Atlantis Rising, too)
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    And another thing...

If it's cockroaches you want... *cough*Michael*coughcough* (betcha we could come up with a way to bring him back in Atlantis Rising, too)
                    As much as Michael made a good bad guy, I think we should leave him dead. Just MO though.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

I see that as more for Rodney's sake than hers. Granted I haven't seen that episode since I've tried merging into a Shweir Sparky so maybe I'll have to watch it again but when I watched it before, I always saw it as John willing to try that for his friend's sake, especially if it meant helping him.
                      LOL You're looking for trouble after the story of the pic. One contradiction per day.lol

SK: I'm lways ready for a cake. Keep one for the next friday
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

The "sublime" idea comes from a comment made by Martin Firrell. He is a famous photographer in London who's doing a project on SciFi heroes. He's already done Joe and is doing Torri soon. After he interviewed Joe, he commented that he though the Weir/Sheppard relationship was "sublime". Naturally we picked up on that and ran with it.
                        Not that we run with it, we always believed it. We were so happy that an affirmed artist like Martin Firrel picked up on Sparky, and given the quality of acting performances by Joe and Torri, it's not really surprising. They were amazing together and really did share sublime on screen chemistry. And not just sublime - it was extremely hot, too.

Of course! I can't imagine WHY you guys would.. *said sarcastically while smiling generously*
                        Thanks for the advice on SGR, so "Sanctuary" will start me at the beginning no matter which subdivision it is.. It looks like there are 3 different settings. I'm sorry I'm not very articulate right now so I'm not sure if I'm getting m point across.

Hey, I LOVE Joe and think he's very handsome but the look he's giving her at that time makes me think he doesn't think she's sublime even though she is.
                        Um, what? I suggest you go and watch entire scene. I mean, we could go and discuss what Joe/John was thinking. I personally believe Joe was acting according to the script, and given the nature of events, I tend to believe John was extremely concerned about her. I don't know hat kind of look he should ahve been giving her?
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that he did it for her. Of course he did it for Rodney but he didn't want to. I didn't think many people could have forced him even if they were his boss.

According to the transcript, he did it because she asked him to.

(Rodney shifts uncomfortably on the floor, hugging his knees for a moment to relieve the tension in his muscles.)

SHEPPARD: Truth is, I was never really very good at this myself.

McKAY: So why am I here?

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth made me.

McKAY: Oh. Yeah. Me too.

And since you're trying so hard to understand us, please don't call us "shweir". We hate that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Re unpopular opinion time
                            Spoiler:
                            - I always felt Teyla had more chemistry with anyone other than John, ever since that first scene. I also don't think John/Elizabeth kiss, per se, was very shippy - John's acceptance to play Thalan was rather interesting, but the kiss itself was simpla away of manipulating everyone else. let's not even mention John/Teyla kiss. To me, it was very very disturbing, given Teyla's gutted reaction to his act, which was, de facto, violence.
                            Spoiler:
                            We were speaking about commentaries earlier, and I listened to the Conversion one yesterday. JoeF said Teyla's "got a little of that 'stop it some more' thing". I was like ... whah? At least Martin Gero seemed to see it was a bad thing. Maybe I'm just sensitive about issues like that (the date rape thing of Irresistible really bothers me)

Day 20: Unpopular Opinion (Under the Cut)

Spoiler:
                            Theres a special place in hell for me....I have a new guilty pleasure for an OT3 involving Sparky. I kinda like McKay/Sheppard/Weir involved in a OT3

Hopefully I am not public enemy number one to the Sparkities Now
                            Spoiler:
                            As long as you don't say anything mean about Elizabeth, you'll always be good with me. I've never seen either John or Elizabeth being romantically interested in Rodney. Like others have said, they both seem like an older sibling to Rodney. In that sibling/BFF sense I think Rodney's very protective of Elizabeth and would probably threaten John with unspeakable tortures if John ever hurt her.

Ahh, I'm guessing you two saw the latest update?
                            Spoiler:
                            I think they're gonna be switching back and forth between Caldora and Atalan in this story, which means we should be seeing John and Elizabeth in Atalan in Part 2. Huzzah! (Though I'm betting any weddings won't happen until the next story at the earliest.)
                            Spoiler:
                            No I didn't know that so thank you!! OT but I gotta figure out LJ so that I'm made aware of things. I have an id but I've never figured out how to use it. Anyway, back on topic, I have a question about that chapter. - ShipperWriter don't read this part until after you've finished the chapter!! -
                            Spoiler:
                            So when John marries Elizabeth and Cameron marries Carolyn (squee!) then who will end up inheriting Sheppard? I get that he'll appoint a steward, but any of Cameron's kids would be in line for the throne of Caldora, and John's kids in line for the throne of Atalan. So who gets Sheppard?

Yeah, I don't mind Nancy because she's canon. Larrin... eh, I find she's just too, well, mean-spirited.
                            I agree. I liked Nancy. She was smart and competent. But Larrin..... NO! She seemed to me to be a poor imitation of Vala. And Larrin's accent annoyed me.

Southern Red - I think we in Rhode Island got your snow! GRR!!

Comment

And another thing...

Lol. Yeah, I mean, hey, this is sci-fi: no body = no death!

Oh, and I'm gonna bug everybody for help again. Does anyone know of/have any pics of looking down on the gateroom from the top of the stairs? It seems like there was a shot like that sometime, but I can't remember when. Again, I need it for a reference.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that he did it for her. Of course he did it for Rodney but he didn't want to. I didn't think many people could have forced him even if they were his boss.

According to the transcript, he did it because she asked him to.

(Rodney shifts uncomfortably on the floor, hugging his knees for a moment to relieve the tension in his muscles.)

SHEPPARD: Truth is, I was never really very good at this myself.

McKAY: So why am I here?

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth made me.

McKAY: Oh. Yeah. Me too.

And since you're trying so hard to understand us, please don't call us "shweir". We hate that.
                                Oh, sorry. I didn't know you didn't like that and you've made your point about the scene with Rodney and Shep. *bows out silently*

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X