Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Oh, sorry, I meant to ask. Is it one of those "things" where you have to start from the beginning? Does it solely focus on Weir?
    You should read them in the order that they were posted in (rather than chronological order) for maximum impact of certain spoilers; click on "Sanctuary," which takes you to the comm's calendar, then go to 2006 and start reading.

Elizabeth is one of the major characters, so yes, there's a lot of focus on her and the people around her.

Originally posted by m&mnm317
    Love the pics! The one about Sublime. Weir may be sublime but the look he's giving her isn't.
    Now, now, that's not a nice thing to say.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Love the pics! The one about Sublime. Weir may be sublime but the look he's giving her isn't.
      The "sublime" idea comes from a comment made by Martin Firrell. He is a famous photographer in London who's doing a project on SciFi heroes. He's already done Joe and is doing Torri soon. After he interviewed Joe, he commented that he though the Weir/Sheppard relationship was "sublime". Naturally we picked up on that and ran with it.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Nice pic spam SR, I love shots of them looking into each others eyes
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death......
          Sometimes I think that death is fairer than life. Depressing but true IMO.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            The "sublime" idea comes from a comment made by Martin Firrell. He is a famous photographer in London who's doing a project on SciFi heroes. He's already done Joe and is doing Torri soon. After he interviewed Joe, he commented that he though the Weir/Sheppard relationship was "sublime". Naturally we picked up on that and ran with it.
            Of course! I can't imagine WHY you guys would.. *said sarcastically while smiling generously*

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Now I want to watch "First Strike". You will think I'm strange but I like this episode. There are so many interesting Sparky scenes in it.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Guys,

I am having a bad bad week, month, several months in fact. I am sad and tired and lonely, and I'm in bad need of something - cheering up, hugs, something. It's been tough on me, and it still is, and I don't know when it's going to be better. I feel like I'm drowning and waving my hands and almost nobody sees. Can you help me, can you make me feel a bit better? At least this evening? I gotta go now, but I'll be back in an hour or so.
                Oh wow! I really, really hate that you feel that way. I'll see if I can whip up a comical little picfic for you later. *hugs, tea, cookies (liquor, chipotle, you name it, all incoming*
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  You should read them in the order that they were posted in (rather than chronological order) for maximum impact of certain spoilers; click on "Sanctuary," which takes you to the comm's calendar, then go to 2006 and start reading.

Elizabeth is one of the major characters, so yes, there's a lot of focus on her and the people around her.

Now, now, that's not a nice thing to say.
                  Thanks for the advice on SGR, so "Sanctuary" will start me at the beginning no matter which subdivision it is.. It looks like there are 3 different settings. I'm sorry I'm not very articulate right now so I'm not sure if I'm getting m point across.

Hey, I LOVE Joe and think he's very handsome but the look he's giving her at that time makes me think he doesn't think she's sublime even though she is.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Gaterid - I spent some time in the anti thread too and I understand exactly what you're saying. I certainly voiced my displeasure over the direction SGA headed after they got rid of Elizabeth. I also see what you're talking about with disliking the direction a character was written. Keller (as a character) certainly got her fair share of grief from fans as well. Poor character never stood a chance being Carson's replacement. I can't weigh in on that one, I stopped watching SGA in season 4 and really spent very little time watching the Keller character.

And, regarding some of the different pairings that are being discussed.....

I'm not a OT3 kinda gal. Again, my personal bias on relationships - an intimate committed relationship is two people, not a crowd. Of course, I don't share well, so there ya go.

That's why I don't read SGA fic if it has John or Elizabeth paired up with anybody else. It's just my personal preference, but if I'm gonna read SGA shippy fic, it's gonna be Sparky all the way. For SGA, Sparky is my OTP. I never begrudge someone else's preference - just because I don't see Sheyla or McWeir or McShep, or whatever doesn't mean someone else can't, it's just not what I want to spend my time reading or discussing.

That's why I love this thread so - it's SPARKY ALL THE WAY BABY!
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Guys,

Do you realize we will reach 106,000 post very soon?

We are on fire!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but What? In the sense that he cares about her right at that moment and showed admiration all through that episode for how she was dealing with the situation, I think it's a pretty sublime look. Or do you mean the look is so hot, it lacks reverence? That I'd go for.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        Nice pic spam SR, I love shots of them looking into each others eyes
                        It's all about the eye sex you know.

Now I want to watch "First Strike". You will think I'm strange but I like this episode. There are so many interesting Sparky scenes in it.
                        Me too. That was a great Sparky episode.

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                        Thanks for the advice on SGR, so "Sanctuary" will start me at the beginning no matter which subdivision it is.. It looks like there are 3 different settings. I'm sorry I'm not very articulate right now so I'm not sure if I'm getting m point across.

Hey, I LOVE Joe and think he's very handsome but the look he's giving her at that time makes me think he doesn't think she's sublime even though she is.
                        Care to share how you think he's thinking of her right at that moment? Because now I'm even more confused. And that's John, not Joe. We try to keep the two very very separate here. We are a bit skittish about RPS.
                        sigpic

Comment

Guys,

Do you realize we will reach 106,000 post very soon?

We are on fire!
                          Didnt we just get to 105000?
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Last week? The show is over and this thread is in ebullition.lol
                            What we said? Sparky is "pesky to kill"?
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like the year of Sparky is continuing into 2011. We are having a terrific revival which just goes to show how timeless this ship really is. Good job everybody!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                It's all about the eye sex you know.
                                You know what they say the eyes are the window to the soul.
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X