Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Last night's blog entry from Joe Mallozzi had another tidbit about Atlantis that may be useful for background on Atlantis Rising:

mrmichaelt writes: “On 1/17/11′s mailbag, you answered 80% of Destiny is left to be explored. On the series finale of Stargate Atlantis, how much of Atlantis was explored by the expedition?”

Answer: My guess? 60%.

Looks like we've got some more room to play in!
    Wow, two additional years and they only got 10% more explored? (Since SG-1 answered it for him in "The Pegasus Project")

JACKSON: How much of the city have you been able to explore?

WEIR: Just over half now, but we have the city schematics… so we have a fairly good idea of what's where. Still…there are entire sections of the city and whole systems we don't even pretend to understand.
    And that was around, timeline wise, season 3. Of course, they probably didn't bother exploring anymore after Weir was gone--maybe it wasn't smart because as we all know they were already trying to save money by using less powerful light bubble bulbs. Exploring in the dark would probably be more dangerous.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Wow, two additional years and they only got 10% more explored? (Since SG-1 answered it for him in "The Pegasus Project")

And that was around, timeline wise, season 3. Of course, they probably didn't bother exploring anymore after Weir was gone--maybe it wasn't smart because as we all know they were already trying to save money by using less powerful light bubble bulbs. Exploring in the dark would probably be more dangerous.
      Ha! Or maybe JM just pulled that number out of his....hat?
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

quick signature

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
          quick signature

Soooo gorgeous. I love what you've done and was hoping you'd do more with John on the bench. *snurched*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Soooo gorgeous. I love what you've done and was hoping you'd do more with John on the bench. *snurched*
            thank you
            more on the bench? hm... i've done this one for the my last vid which i could ulter xD .. but its kinda hard to find one of elizabeth to go with it...unless you've got some pic ideas!? spam me if you like and i'll see what i can do

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              His hair was evil.

(You had to know I couldn't resist. LOL)
              Dear god yes. Simon's hair was weird and out there......at least Sheppard's is nice lucious and pettable.

quick signature

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Torri_012/Unbenannt-2Kopie2Kopie.jpg[IMG]
              BEAUTIFUL!
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Zandra, just finished your fic and enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to see where this is going. If I had been the one

Spoiler:
                mending John's clothes, I would have sewn up his pants pockets to get back at him for teasing me. And love Teyla in this. Also Chuck.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL, exactly. Elizabeth gone, their light had extinguished... I'm being all poetic right now. On a more serious note, how many great episodes we could have had, about city exploration?! Oh lame lame lame writers. You have a show called after an ancient city full of secrets yet never bother to explore it fully?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Ha! Or maybe JM just pulled that number out of his....hat?
                  Hat, exactly. LOL!

quick signature

Oh that is completely amazing! Coloring and textures and softness, like a perfect summer day. Could you use another pic of Elizabeth b ut do this same thing for me? The one from Sunday when she's lookind at the ocean? (I can try and find it for you.) Please?
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    LOL, exactly. Elizabeth gone, their light had extinguished... I'm being all poetic right now. On a more serious note, how many great episodes we could have had, about city exploration?! Oh lame lame lame writers. You have a show called after an ancient city full of secrets yet never bother to explore it fully?
                    That's kind of an interesting idea to think about. How did the change in administration and expedition priorities affect everyone? Did the city exploration basically stop after Elizabeth was lost? Maybe they shipped in more military personnel and shipped out scientists, just leaving a core team? *shrugs* I don't know - just some random thoughts. I always thought it was interesting that it went from being "the city" to being "Atlantis Base". I wish the show had actually dealt with some of these issues though.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Re Simon. I was thinking about him, and I don't think he is that evil. Unfair? Yes, definitely. But imagine yourself in his shoes. he was either dating Elizabeth, for a longer period of time, or perhaps even engaged to her? And suddenly she leaves him a tape, a freaking tape, saying she is leaving him? How was he supposed to feel, but hurt to some extent? I can't really blame him, but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, that's a fact - someone you really care for, someone your ely on and trust leaves you like that? A tape?

I'm not blaming Elizabeth, but if you take a realistic look at the situation, she was unfair to him, too. She probably isn't easy to be in relationship with - that doesn't make her a bad person. It's just very difficult to follow her, given her profession. I think Simon did his best, tired to understand all the times when she went somewhere and the location and type of her job was classified. Compare him to John's ex wife, Nancy, she was in similar position, because of John's military career. In conclusion, I don't think Simon is a bad man. It's just that "sometimes love just ain't enough" (quoting a song). hating a character is pretty easy, but the fun part is when you try to imagine yourself in their shoes - especially if you're writing about them.

Comment

Oh that is completely amazing! Coloring and textures and softness, like a perfect summer day. Could you use another pic of Elizabeth b ut do this same thing for me? The one from Sunday when she's lookind at the ocean? (I can try and find it for you.) Please?
                        thank you of course, just tell me what you want (& maybe the pic) and i'll see what i can come up with

right, one more for today ... i'm in a good mood

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          That's kind of an interesting idea to think about. How did the change in administration and expedition priorities affect everyone? Did the city exploration basically stop after Elizabeth was lost? Maybe they shipped in more military personnel and shipped out scientists, just leaving a core team? *shrugs* I don't know - just some random thoughts. I always thought it was interesting that it went from being "the city" to being "Atlantis Base". I wish the show had actually dealt with some of these issues though.
                          Agreed! I wish they did that, it would have made the series more realistic. That's a great idea for fic, too, also something we could work with in SGA Rising - heck it's perfect for my first episode.

Guys I ahve a request. Would anyone d a video for me? I am wishing for a John - centric vid, made to Godfather tune for ages now. I can send you the music, I can even tell you what kind of vid I want, which scenes and feeling... my vidding software sucks so pelase? Someone? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            This has been one of my pet peeves all throughout. I thought the whole idea of the series was to explore the city. Then when they introduced John and his super gene, I thought he would have a big part in revealing the secrets of Atlantis and we'd find out just what powers he had in relation to the city. Then after a few half-hearted attempts to explore, nothing. In fact, fanfic has done a pretty good job of doing what they failed at. I love the ones when the city is almost sentient and John can communicate with her. I know JF said several times that he wanted more exploration and I loved the line in one ep where John called the city the "old girl". Once again major fail by TPTB.

Once they started doing alien threat of the week, they just didn't seem to be able to get beyond that.

thank you of course, just tell me what you want (& maybe the pic) and i'll see what i can come up with

right, one more for today ... i'm in a good mood

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...nbenannt-3.jpg
                            Oh wow, each one is better than the last. I hope you stay in a good mood for a long time. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone - Godfather theme John video? Anyone? pleasepleaseeee? *bats eyelashes*

Comment

Anyone - Godfather theme John video? Anyone? pleasepleaseeee? *bats eyelashes*
                                *intentionally refuses to meet Anuna's eyes while whistling and looking down at feet* NO! Or more politely, um...can't. Plate full, cup runneth over...all that.... *goes back to playing Angry Birds* Sorry sweets.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X