No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening, Sparkies! I hope you've all been enjoying this Screw the Angst Wednesday... I sure did, I went to Disneyland!

No, seriously. I did. I'll say this much, walking around the park all day is a great workout.

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Good night SK. We promise to be good!
    And it seems you have. Excellent! Extra cookies for all!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Ellis is my choice as well. That he got the slightest scene in Enemy at the Gate was irritating.
    Ugh, every time I even see Ellis's name, I want to throw something. He was such a pinhead.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Poor Shep! I think there was certainly a little fire going on last night. *plot bunnies wrapping Elizabeth's arms around him in comfort*
    *snickers*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Since I don't have time to write today, I'll just post one I already did that sort of follows the sunrise/sunset idea. Warning: smut, but nothing too graphic. Atlantis Heat Wave
    RAWR. That'll definitely make you feel warm in all the right places!

I look at it as the same situation when someone goes into war. If you love them, you remain faithful. We don't know if Simon had a chance to go along the first time but Elizabeth did everything she could to get him to come the second time and he refused. Plus, as SK said, he had already moved on. He couldn't even wait a year. Plus he should have told her as soon as he saw her. He was essentially going to let her go back to Pegasus not knowing. Jerk.

And she obviously was trying to get a clearance for him right up until they left. The recording she left tells us that. So, actually he knew what she was doing and still cheated on her. Jerk.
    Total shameless jerk. *sporks Simon*

Day 19: Most annoying side character

Kavanaugh, of course. But I wish he had been on more. He was annoying in a good way and I think had the potential to bring Sparky closer. Sooner or later John would have had to kick his ass.
    Oh man, wouldn't that have been fun? See, that's why I proposed bringing the little git back as part of the 'refurbish/convert the Tria to Midway Station, version 2.0' idea.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Yay! Welcome to the Sparky Chipotle Fan Club!

I had a few pics saved on my PB, feel free to snurch if they match your needs ... or if you simply like to stare at Joe's befuddled expression!

Spoilered for size, don't want anyone's modem to explode!!!

Eeeeeee! Torri is so CUTE!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    My favorite Sheppard gets hurt and Elizabeth comforts him. Lol it's kinda funny in my Tudors crossover the last passage of the chapter im writing is Teyla observing Sheppard waking up from a nightmare and she says the reason sheps so shaky is because he doesn't have "the love of Elizabeth" to keep him safe. Smart chick that Teyla.
    Damn straight, she is.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    I still feel crappy for breaking up Sparky to make way for Anne Boleyn. =[ At least Sparkys in my other fic
    Well, you could always atone for your guilt by getting them back together.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Day 18: Favorite side character

Mmmm... who could it be now...

Could it be... no, that would be too easy. But really, could it be...

Spoiler:
    KATE HEIGHTMEYER
    ...of course
    Heh! *slides a saucer of sugar over to the lemming*

While we're talking pics, I have a request. Does anyone have a really big pic of the team? I need all 4 from S2-5 in their off world gear and can't find one that's not too far away or with them facing the camera. I've looked through all the archives of screencaps I know of.
    Have you looked at the high-res photos on the MGM site from "Irresponsible"? There's a couple of the team walking into the village (albeit with Carson) that might work.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    An article talking about Martin Firrell's Syfy project:
    http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/01/18/blog...-and-stargate/

He mentions Elizabeth:
    “I am fascinated by Dr Elizabeth Weir because I believe her to be the single most important woman in the history of science fiction so far. This is because her gender is incidental. I think for the first time in the genre, the character’s gender is entirely coincidental and it is solely her skills as a diplomat that makes her the right person for the job. At the same time, Weir uses her natural advantages as a woman, her emotional clarity and intuition to be the best leader she can be. This makes Weir a critical post-feminist construct. Weir opens a new conceptual space where we stop noticing the gender of our leaders because it has become irrelevant.”
    I love that man.

Thanks for the link, Lythisrose!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Well, you could always atone for your guilt by getting them back together.
      Well I have a smutty as hell fic on the way and fluffy Sparky in my other fic so it is not so bad.

And besides theres that scene I mentioned. And there will be a part where John says to her:

"Though my heart is with Anne, there will be one tiny piece that is devoted to you, and I cannot fight that"
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        *runs in and collapses in a heap and starts laughing hysterically* IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahaha, woooooo!!! That project I promised yesterday is here!!

This took forevvvvvver! Let me see... probably 13 hours, at times possibly over 12 layers, at least 9 references, 1 tutorial, and countless wrock (wizard rock) and random songs later... I give you this...

Spoiler:

Someone many pages back (I forgot who) mentioned John and Liz dancing together at an Athosian harvest festival and once I heard this song I was just struck with an urge to draw (and paint) that scene. Honestly I think it's one of, if not the, best Sparky drawings I have ever done (certainly the best non-portait one of Elizabeth). Even though I CANNOT shade faces in firelight to save my life!!! Arrggh! I especially like how the background turned out - it reminds me of Disney concept art for some reason. But yeah... forever. Just the lineart of John and Liz itself took over 4 hours (John's face was being sooooo stupid!!! Grrr him! For once Lizzie was actually relatively easy, b/c I found a screencap with just the right angle and even the right expression! So lucky on that; usually Liz never turns out right for me, but this time she did!

Apologies for the mini-rant/gush of info, but I've been working on it so long that I just had to get it out! *takes a deep breath and relaxes* Ahh...
        Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        Plot-Bunny-Attack:

i was just sewing one of my coatbuttons back on when i thought that this could actually be a really cute fluffy sparky fic: elizabeth is helping out sewing uniforms back together when she finds herself fixing one of johns shirts...due to her having to find the whole first - she fiddles around on it and finds a picture (of her) hidden in his inside pocket... blah blah blah

anyone wants to write that?? *cutest look ever* xD

I bit. I'm easy, I admit it. The beautiful drawing and the adorable prompt melded together in my mind and voila. I doubt it lives up to the fantastic drawing or is worthy of the prompt, but if you are interested in what the bunnies produced I have chapter one posted of The Hot Button.

sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I bit. I'm easy, I admit it. The beautiful drawing and the adorable prompt melded together in my mind and voila. I doubt it lives up to the fantastic drawing or is worthy of the prompt, but if you are interested in what the bunnies produced I have chapter one posted of The Hot Button.

LOVE. See review for further squee. *bounces*
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

LOVE. See review for further squee. *bounces*
            Awwwww....shucks *blushing* Your lovely review alone warrants my efforts, so glad you enjoyed! *knowing you'll kick my literary a** when you write your own fic inspired by said drawing *
            sigpic

Comment

Ah! I just love it when the rest of Atlantis gangs up on John and Elizabeth and starts playing matchmaker. Heeheehee! That's a great little ficlet!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                I'm actually ok with him killing Kavanaugh. I really hate the man and would be ok if he/his character died. I like Caldwell and Teyla though so Kolya can keep away from them
                well, his chara wasnt in the show very much so i think he's okay. elizabeth needed to have someone who kicked her a bit i think i love the scene where she just shouts at him xD

*squeeeeeeeeeeesss* thats so sweet, thank you
                love how teyla is the one who planted the drawing. very good twist to it. love it!!!

Comment

Oh, and btw SK, it's so awesome that you went to Disneyland!
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Ok all...back to the bunny board- err- drawing board. Ya'll try to stay out of trouble tonight and dont' beat up on Elizabeth's sweetie too badly!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and btw SK, it's so awesome that you went to Disneyland!
                      Heh! Sometimes, you just need a break, you know? And who better to hang out with on your day off than Mickey & Co.?

Ok all...back to the bunny board- err- drawing board. Ya'll try to stay out of trouble tonight and dont' beat up on Elizabeth's sweetie too badly!
                      Poor, poor John. Talk about someone who needs a bit of a break, LOL!

Comment

Last night's blog entry from Joe Mallozzi had another tidbit about Atlantis that may be useful for background on Atlantis Rising:

mrmichaelt writes: “On 1/17/11′s mailbag, you answered 80% of Destiny is left to be explored. On the series finale of Stargate Atlantis, how much of Atlantis was explored by the expedition?”

Answer: My guess? 60%.

Looks like we've got some more room to play in!

Comment

Geeze... I always thought Simon was a bit of a jerk for stringing Elizabeth along instead of telling her right away that he'd gotten involved with someone else, but I never thought he was evil.
                          His hair was evil.

(You had to know I couldn't resist. LOL)
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            His hair was evil.

(You had to know I couldn't resist. LOL)
                            LOL! Okay, now that I'll give you! His hair was freaking possessed!

Comment

Last night's blog entry from Joe Mallozzi had another tidbit about Atlantis that may be useful for background on Atlantis Rising:

mrmichaelt writes: “On 1/17/11′s mailbag, you answered 80% of Destiny is left to be explored. On the series finale of Stargate Atlantis, how much of Atlantis was explored by the expedition?”

Answer: My guess? 60%.

Looks like we've got some more room to play in!
                              And all this in one or two episodes because we don't have many episode about the city......

No I won't just post this evil comment.lol

I will add: I love Martin Firrell and I love wht he said about Elizabeth. Can't wait to see his work with Torri.

Zandra: I hope there will be another chapter of your story.

Erin: Beautiful drawing
                              Last edited by Probie; 20 January 2011, 01:46 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                SR don't know if you found this one

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...TteamShepp.jpg

Not big, but it is my favorite team shot.
                                Thanks so much. That is indeed a good one. See I knew you people would come through. I got an email from my friend this morning and she is willing to settle for any shot of them as long as it's all 4 and they are in their gear. So I'll just send her all the ones I have and the one I did of them in the snow.

Thanks also to everyone else who has sent pics. I missed them all somehow. You guys rock!

Good evening, Sparkies! I hope you've all been enjoying this Screw the Angst Wednesday... I sure did, I went to Disneyland!
                                Have you also been to Disney World? Disneyland would fit in the parking lot. Quite a dif.

*bookmarks for later* It will be a treat when I get back from the grocery store.

Heh! Sometimes, you just need a break, you know? And who better to hang out with on your day off than Mickey & Co.?

Poor, poor John. Talk about someone who needs a bit of a break, LOL!
                                I doubt JF would agree with hanging out with Mickey. Remember his tweets from Disney? LOL
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X