• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number 7 - irresistible
    She looks so damn sexy in red.

Spoiler:

Number 6 - intruder
    She got him promoted by threatening to go to the President. Talk about working those political connections!

Spoiler:

Number 5 - the return, part 1
    Beauty AND brains. What more could a guy want?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Torri012; 16 January 2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Number 4 - conversion
      She's not afraid of him, even when he's turning into a homicidal bug-man

Spoiler:

Number 3 - the eye
      You don't go on a rampage and kill fifty-eight Genii assault troops in less than ten minutes to avenge someone who's nothing more than your "boss."

Spoiler:

Number 2 - rising
      She believed in him when no one else did.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Torri012; 16 January 2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

..... AND....

Number 1 - adrift
        He just does.

Spoiler:

(look at his eyes watering... soooo sweet <3)
        Last edited by Torri012; 16 January 2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          This answers it better for my Sparky world:

Decaf on the Balcony

It's a missing scene I wrote for after "The Real World" ... Just my opinion!!!
          Very sweet! Left love over at FF, I've missed a lot of fic the past year, I've been all wrapped up in a non FF writing project. I love the story suggestions that get posted here, helps me catch up properly! *Translates into desperate- more, gimmee more!*
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Not-So-Lazy Sunday!

You've got 9 more hours to post your quiz results! Once again, to recap:

Top Ten Reasons Why John Sheppard Loves Elizabeth Weir
            10. The Eyebrow of Doom.
            9. He likes defending her honor.
            8. He knows that she knows what he was really going to say when he had that bug on his neck.
            7. She looks so damn sexy in red.
            6. She got him promoted by threatening to go to the President. Talk about working those political connections!
            5. Beauty AND brains. What more could a guy want?
            4. She's not afraid of him, even when he's turning into a homicidal bug-man.
            3. You don't go on a rampage and kill fifty-eight Genii assault troops in less than ten minutes to avenge someone who's nothing more than your "boss."
            2. She believed in him when no one else did.
            1. He just does.

Some of these reasons can be applied to more than one episode, so different answers on some of these are possible. And please remember, you are to state which episodes these reasons are based on. If you want to post pictures as an extra, that's okay, but you must still include the episode name. We have some newer members here who may not be able to recognize each and every episode by just one screencap like us oldsters, which is why the episode names are required.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Day 16: Favorite season

Season 3.

Question of my mom:
            She yelled at me this morning because she wanted to see "Common Ground". I put the dvd and left her. After this episode she said "I'm sure it's at this moment they start to be a couple. I'm sure she goes to see him in his room and they talk and BAM a kiss". So her question is: In your Sparky world, when do you think John and Elizabeth could have be together? In which episode do you think TPTB can put a scene like this? How can you see the scene? If you don't understand me, sorry I'm still asleep on my chair and mom is behind me.lol
            Hmm, I've been tending towards a more canonist view in my old age (yes, I'm being facetious), and that means, well, they wouldn't get together. At least, not before "Lifeline." It's that darn pesky non-fraternization policy rearing its ugly head again. But once Elizabeth's no longer expedition commander, well... Bring on Atlantis Rising and the new canon, baby.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            This answers it better for my Sparky world:

Decaf on the Balcony

It's a missing scene I wrote for after "The Real World" ... Just my opinion!!!
            Oooh, I remember that fic, it was a great one! Thanks for reposting the link!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Hello peeps. Just checking in. I'm at my bro's and busy. Interesting how you've spent your time. Almost glad I was gone. And now I'm glad you seem to be back on track.

Sparky is the reason we are here. Let's never forget that. See you later tomorrow.
            Yeah, you did mention that the crazy stuff always seems to happen when you're gone.

We'll see you tomorrow, and LONG LIVE SPARKY!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            Hi all! It's been FOREVER since I've posted - holidays, family vacation, catching up at work, yadda, yadda, yadda - real life anyone?

Anyhoo - a short, short, pic scene of the reason we're all here - SPARKY!

Spoiler:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...lworld0657.jpg

E - "John, a vacation? Hmmm, I don't know - things are so crazy in Atlantis right now."

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...lworld0666.jpg

J - "Oh c'mon Lizabeth - I know the perfect place. And, we'll be within contact range if Atlantis needs us. Please?????"

A few hours later, on the mainland......

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...MB_BOOKS/3.jpg

E - *sighs and snuggles in closer* - "John, as usual, you were right."

J - *grins and pulls her down into the sand* - "Lizabeth, have I ever told you how much I love hearing you say that?"
            Awwww, that picstory is so adorable! John's always looking out for Elizabeth and making sure she gets some quality time off with him to pamper her. *sighs and melts*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Hi all! It's been FOREVER since I've posted - holidays, family vacation, catching up at work, yadda, yadda, yadda - real life anyone?

Anyhoo - a short, short, pic scene of the reason we're all here - SPARKY!

Spoiler:

E - "John, a vacation? Hmmm, I don't know - things are so crazy in Atlantis right now."

J - "Oh c'mon Lizabeth - I know the perfect place. And, we'll be within contact range if Atlantis needs us. Please?????"

A few hours later, on the mainland......

E - *sighs and snuggles in closer* - "John, as usual, you were right."

J - *grins and pulls her down into the sand* - "Lizabeth, have I ever told you how much I love hearing you say that?"

Ahhhh thank you. What a perfect start to the day!

And another thank you, this one is somewhat belated. I only found this thread because of you. A review I had at FFdotnet referenced you linking one of my stories here. So of course I had to check it out and I'm so glad I did. Good to see you here!
              sigpic

Comment

Day 16: Favorite Season
                From what I see, it may be yet to come * shameless props to Atlantis Rising*, but out of 1-5 I'd guess I'd have to say 2 because it had so many of my all time fav sparky moments. The coffee scence, the hug, the kiss, etc. ahhh. I love the Grace Under Pressure moments, they go together like peanut butter and chocolate. (Even though whenever I watch the Hive John gets a welcome home hug just like he did in The Seige 3.)

I will leave with you a tast of before mentioned peanut butter and chocolate.

SHEPPARD: I knew you'd say yes!

WEIR: I haven't said yes.

SHEPPARD: Well, you were about to.

(Elizabeth narrows her eyes at him for a moment.)

WEIR: Yes.

SHEPPARD: There y'go!

WEIR: Hmm.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

The trouble with this being a Not-So-Lazy Sunday means that I keep getting pulled away before I can respond to everything I want to!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  ***Meme-Time***

Spoiler:
                  Day 16: Favorite season
                  Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                  Day 18: Favorite side character
                  Day 19: Most annoying side character
                  Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                  Day 21: Best quote
                  Day 22: Worst quote
                  Day 23: Saddest character death
                  Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                  Day 25: Favorite kiss
                  Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                  Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                  Day 28: Favorite enemy
                  Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                  Day 30: One thing you would change
                  Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 15: Least favorite pairing

Like I already mentioned I would like to answer this question, but it won't get us into trouble because I'm only going to be sticking to what is established on screen. I will make a mention of fanon pairings but again it won't get the thread into trouble for I will be speaking in general terms.

Spoiler:
                  I have always found TPTB lacking in terms of writing actual romantic relationships on screen. And this has been a problem for as long as stargate has graced our screens (though I can't speak for SGU as I haven't watched that - so for the sake of the argument this only applies to SG1 and SGA).

I'm not a fan of on screen relationships, especially when they're not written well and as I have said SG TPB seem to have little to no clue how to write such a relationship that it makes sense. They do know how to toy with people's minds. We have seen enough of that with Sam and Jack, or in SGA with John and Teyla & John and Elizabeth. They don't seem to think beyond "let's get them together" ... they just do and forget about the process that goes into a relationship before it becomes a relationship. Toying with pairings is only causing divides within a fandom... Of course, even with a set pairing in place, the fandom can be divided (f.e. Legend of the Seeker where Richard and Kahlan are the established canon pairing, but where supporters of this pairing still cause trouble when someone dares to ship Kahlan and Cara - yes from personal experience).

So far we've had Simon/Elizabeth (established relationship), Elizabeth/Mike (one date), Laura/Carson (several dates), Katie/Rodney (dates + established relationship with a possible engagement), Rodney/Jennifer (out of the blue relationship), Jennifer/Ronon (a case of flirting), Teyla/Kanaan (out of the blue relationship out of necessity to explain Teyla's pregnancy), John/Chaya (one date), Amelia/Ronon (flirting), Ronon/Melena (established relationship)...

I think that's about it - as far as I can remember - concerning canon relationships.

Simon/Elizabeth was an established relationship for which TPTW didn't need to do much as far as writing went since Simon was left behind when Elizabeth left for Atlantis. It was a believable relationship in terms of chemistry and writing.
                  However, maybe Garwin Sanford as Simon wasn't such a grand idea seeing as how he had such an important part to play in SG1 already as Narim.

Elizabeth/Mike was one date, and I didn't see anything majorly wrong with it. He just wanted to get her out of her office. I though in terms of writing it wasn't at all bad... I rather enjoyed it.

Laura/Carson & Katie/Rodney
                  The reason I listed them as my favorite pairings is because they happened in the background (except maybe Katie/Rodney in Duet, it was part of the story). They were written with subtlety, even though in the case of Katie/Rodney there was room for improvement. However, we did get to see Rodney in other situations then him panicking over ancient technology that could go boom. I really liked the tender moments between him and Katie, but I absolutely hate how they chose to end it. After which we never heard from Katie ever again.

Rodney/Jennifer could have benifited from a better build-up. In my personal opinion, this relationship suffered from favoritism and "Rodney should get the girl". The way it was written didn't sit well with me, and that it sometimes disrupted the flow of the episodes also didn't do this relationship for me any good. However, for some odd reason I didn't seem to mind it all that much in Brainstorm. However, this will never be a pairing that I will like on screen. However, in fanfic that's a whole other story...

Ronon/Jennifer was more part of the triangle, and I hated how they put two friends against one another over a girl. That just didn't seem right, especially not in a show like Stargate Atlantis. I kinda liked their flirting in Quarantine, and thought they worked really well together... the way they tried to blow that door to smithereens.

Amelia/Ronon
                  I felt like this was some sort of consolidation price for Ronon. He didn't get Jennifer but they still wanted him to be happy in the end. I guess, as far as compatibility maybe Amelia was more right for him than Jennifer but with relationships nobody ever really knows who's compatible with who, opposites attract after all.

Ronon/Melena
                  I wish we had seen more of this, other than in the episode Sateda. What exactly was their relationship? Were they married or were they just living together? It did show us a different side to Ronon and we learned about the kind of man he was. Did he keep something of Melena or was everything taken away from him when he was turned into a Runner?
                  We never really got to know more about her and I think that was a shame, because I could have loved to know more about that.

John/Chaya
                  He did take her out to that balcony and he kissed her once (much like Elizabeth/Mike in fact). And Teyla seemed to think he was going on a date...
                  I liked Chaya.

Teyla/Kanaan was a relationship which came out of nowhere for the sake of explaining Teyla's pregnancy. And personally I wished they had just never written that into the show in the first place. As a Teyla-fan it didn't make me in the least bit happy. But they did... and how. *sigh*
                  They could at least have established Kanaan earlier as the old friend, one who understood having the gift since he too has Wraith DNA like Teyla. He came out of the blue and that made this relationship so hard to get. However, it grew on me but not thanks to the writers who introduced him and then simply forgot about him again. There could have been such wonderful stories within other stories, about the Athosians and their traditions on marriage maybe, or living together, or children... but nope, squad. Kanaan was just a means to an end, a plotdevise to explain Torren's existence. And never did they think about exploring this further... and that makes me sad.

Beyond the canon relationships, there are the gazillion pairings in fandom which may or may not have a base in the show (glances, interaction, chemistry, friendships, compatibility, ...) or no base at all and are just being written as "what if I pair X with Y and see how that goes". I'm a multishipper and am not shy about pairing many different characters together, usually my favorite characters although I don't have a problem pairing up characters that I'm less inclined to write for or read stories about.

There are in fact so many pairings, some that I probably even never heard of that I can't possible point out my least favorite.

We all see different things anyway... so there really is no point to this question to begin with.

I also have a hard time wrapping my head around downplaying one pairing to make the favored pairing look better or more real. What's the point in that anyway? Same goes for characters or shows.

I know fandoms can be cruel about that sort of thing... I'm not that naive. Personal experience has thought me that on many occasions.

Anyway, this was my answer to question 15 - I hope I didn't offend anyone. If you feel like responding to something I've written but feel that it's OT to the topic (which is still Sparky) than do not hesitate to send me a PM.
                  FH, I love this. Totally love love LOVE this. It's definitely important to remember that SG's pairings, however canon or non-canon they are/we might wish them to be, have all got issues with how well (or not) they were presented on the show itself. Sadly, based on my viewing/reading of SGU, while TPTW have gotten a bit better at adding canon-confirmed pairings to the mix, they still have a long way to go in actually writing those pairings well. Which is a pity, as some of them were a bit intriguing. In the final analysis, our pairs are what we make of them, I suppose.

****Sparky Quiz***

Okay, I totally fail at Sparky.
                  No, you don't fail. You're here, and we love you, right? *huggles and sends the lemming a saucer of sugar*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Day 16: Favorite Season
                  From what I see, it may be yet to come * shameless props to Atlantis Rising*,
                  Woot! *high-fives Zandra*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  but out of 1-5 I'd guess I'd have to say 2 because it had so many of my all time fav sparky moments. The coffee scence, the hug, the kiss, etc. ahhh. I love the Grace Under Pressure moments, they go together like peanut butter and chocolate. (Even though whenever I watch the Hive John gets a welcome home hug just like he did in The Seige 3.)

I will leave with you a tast of before mentioned peanut butter and chocolate.

SHEPPARD: I knew you'd say yes!

WEIR: I haven't said yes.

SHEPPARD: Well, you were about to.

(Elizabeth narrows her eyes at him for a moment.)

WEIR: Yes.

SHEPPARD: There y'go!

WEIR: Hmm.
                  Heeheehee!

I so love that little exchange between them. Sparky!Banter, I lovez it!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                    John can never get over his feelings for Elizabeth. They can't be separated.
                    Duh not even a historic doomed Queen Sheppard saves like Anne Boleyn can stop the Sparky feelings (especially since the relationship ends so abruptly in the story)

I forsee drama for Miss Boleyn and the Man Lizzie winds up with *coughcoughMcKaycoughcough* *runs*
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      FH, I love this. Totally love love LOVE this.
                      Thanks.

In the final analysis, our pairs are what we make of them, I suppose.
                      Indeed.

No, you don't fail. You're here, and we love you, right? *huggles and sends the lemming a saucer of sugar*
                      Concerning the questionnaire... oh yeah, I fail.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Concerning the questionnaire... oh yeah, I fail.
                        Brief mention of Heightmeyer make you feel better?

Spoiler:
                        “No,” The humanist replied looking towards the door. He actually wondered if Sheppard was going to sleep nightmare free. He hadn’t had a decent night’s sleep since Kolya had his way with him. He would wake up from vivid nightmares actually convulsing. The nightmares got so bad, Dr. Kate Heigtmeyer suggested that Sheppard’s three closest friends (which be Moore, Ronon and McKay) make a three night rotation. Each night one of them would pull an all nighter in the Colonel’s sleeping quarters waiting and watching to see if Sheppard began to stir in his sleep. Tonight was Ronon’s night. But either way once they heard a scream they were all going to go running to Sheppard’s aid! “Just thinking.”
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                          I liked Ford- he was such a kid! He was earnest and funny. But Ronon wins hands down. His character had many more complex layers,he was stronger and smarter than Ford and a good counterpart to Sheppard. I really liked the dynamics between the two.

Weir or Carter:
                          Loved Carter on SG1 but did not love her SGA representation. *Next is my feelings only- please don't shoot* I realize Atlantis was new to her, but too often her role was written as weak and too often she was depending on McKay or others and she took a back seat role. Unfair because Elizabeth (because she was not astrophysicist) would have also backed away and deffered to McKay but dang it, it was Sam! And Sam used to kick Meredith's butt and could McGuyver anything thrown her way. (Happy though McKay pulled out of her shadow, maybe I should have been happy they didn't let Sam- the newcomer- take away from McKay's role, because that too I suppose would have been problematic. But it just didn't seem to fit and never sat well with me.

Then there is my addiction to sparky love- Elizabeth wins hands down (and not just for my sparky love). She is my idol and when RL is kicking my a** I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh (scans rooms for dark hunk with messy hair to lock eyes with) and think, what would 'Lizabeth do?
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                            Brief mention of Heightmeyer make you feel better?
                            Kate always makes me feel better.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And just because it's Sunday: a little picfic

Spoiler:
                              Sunday 1.jpg
                              "So I always thought maybe you and Teyla...." Ronon smirked.

Spoiler:
                              Sunday 2.jpg
                              Teyla! Oh crap. If John didn't play along it wouldn't take Ronon long to realize it was someone else who tugged at his heartstrings.

Spoiler:
                              Sunday 3.jpg
                              Ronon chuckled under his beer. He loved screwing with Sheppard, everyone already knew he's sweet on Weir.
                              sigpic

Comment

So I notice the mighty month of love is creeping closer, whatcha guys do around here to celebrate? I see some lovely fluffy fics running from my plot bunnies...should I help the bunnies out? I am feeling awful lazy today
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X