Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I'd forgotten Nathan Fillion was in Castle. I've been considering watching the Firefly series, I only saw a few epps and then Serenity. Anyone here watch that series? Does it live up to the hype? But then again, I think I need to find myself a nice running series. I'd hate to jinx it though, everything I love seems to end badly. Ahh. I should be happy with my Atlantis and Farscape DVD's I suppose.
    I liked Firefly. It really fit the situation I was in when I discovered it. For some reason the theme song always cheers me up when I'm in a bad mad. Before I forget, there used to be a website that had the translations of all the Chinese and believe me it makes the show funny when you know some of the insane things they got away with saying in another language.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

FYI -- I was at Walmart tonight, and they had, not the original DVD packages, but a different packaging for SGA S1-S5. They had S1 and S2 bundled for $25, and S3, S4, and S5 each for $15. You have no idea how hard I had to fight to not buy them!

I hate bills. They take all my money.

Comment

Well, off to bed, or onto every thread I like to keep posting little meaningless messages to get my post count up to get my custom avi!!!

Eeh, bed is better. Night!

*passes out*

Comment

Hello Sparkies! *waves* I've spent most of my day working on a new project, so get ready! Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll have something for you.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          That made me think of a very cute fic I love- and that's exactly what I left in my review- I love it when the women save the day! By a familiar friend: Erin 87, I hope you don't mind me linking it here- only done with love and adoration!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5807157/...Cant_Park_Here
          Oh no, I don't mind at all! And thanks very much!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I'm BACK! Did you miss me? Well if you didn't, too bad, you're stuck with me anyway! AHAHAHAHA!!!

Funny you should ask. Because THAT's your test! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to state which episodes these reasons are based on. A couple of these reasons can be applied to multiple episodes, so more than one answer is possible and will be accepted.

To recap for those who missed it the first time:

Top Ten Reasons Why John Sheppard Loves Elizabeth Weir
          10. The Eyebrow of Doom.
          9. He likes defending her honor.
          8. He knows that she knows what he was really going to say when he had that bug on his neck.
          7. She looks so damn sexy in red.
          6. She got him promoted by threatening to go to the President. Talk about working those political connections!
          5. Beauty AND brains. What more could a guy want?
          4. She's not afraid of him, even when he's turning into a homicidal bug-man.
          3. You don't go on a rampage and kill fifty-eight Genii assault troops in less than ten minutes to avenge someone who's nothing more than your "boss."
          2. She believed in him when no one else did.
          1. He just does.

You have 24 hours to post your answers. Pencils ready... GO!
          Hmm... let's see... maybe I can redeem myself for being such a bad Sparky shipper and not posting regularly...

10. Agh, she does this so much! Um... oh! When she totally pwns that minister dude from the Condemned planet. You do not want to mess with Lizzie.
          9. Misbegotten - why yes, Lizzie. He is defending your honor.
          8. 38 Minutes
          7. I think all but like two episodes.
          6. Intruder - coffee scene ftw!
          5. Epiphany (mad translator skills!) and Tao of Rodney and again all the time.
          4. Conversion - the pain in her voice when she says 'I can't do that...' Ack! So Sparky.
          3. The Eye - Mess with John's Lizzie and you will die - simple as that. *nods*
          2. Rising - "General, we need him..."
          1. The end scene in TRW is a good example of that I think. And then again just all the time.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Well, off to bed, or onto every thread I like to keep posting little meaningless messages to get my post count up to get my custom avi!!!

Eeh, bed is better. Night!

*passes out*
          I found the Fun and Games section very helpful in getting up my post count (and entertaining too). Just start on a few of the ones like the ABC games or word association and you can get a whole bunch really quickly; people usually respond really fast, so much so that I had trouble keeping up sometimes.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

*droolz* You're evil. That's payback for the Chipotle pics, isn't it???
            You betcha. Oh, and speaking of Chipotle, guess what I had for dinner tonight? That's right, the Sparky Special carnitas soft tacos (on flour tortillas, because corn breaks apart too easily), with mild salsa, corn salsa, cheese and sour cream, and lettuce. With a side of chips and guac for all. Tasty, peppy, and a clever surprise. Just like our Sparky.

*squee* Looks like the Sparky Constitution ... LOL
            Oh, I have GOT to remember that one!

FYI -- I was at Walmart tonight, and they had, not the original DVD packages, but a different packaging for SGA S1-S5. They had S1 and S2 bundled for $25, and S3, S4, and S5 each for $15. You have no idea how hard I had to fight to not buy them!

I hate bills. They take all my money.
            Yeah, they introduced the newer DVD packaging for both SGA and SG-1 last year, to coordinate with the design of the SGU DVD sets. I'm kinda meh on the new design myself, but the prices are darn good. I'm almost tempted to get S4-5 since they're so cheap, but I'm sticking firm to my resolve to only get those when they come out with a complete series set on Blu-Ray. Which will probably never happen, so MGM loses on that one.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Hello Sparkies! *waves* I've spent most of my day working on a new project, so get ready! Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll have something for you.
            Oooh, I'll be looking forward to seeing that!

Keep those quiz results coming, everybody! A little over 19 hours left until the deadline! In the meantime, nighty-night, and pleasant Sparky dreams!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              So the plot bunnies attacked me just now and I got an idea for a future Sparky scene in my Tudors/SGA Crossover I'd thought I'd like to share:

So basically the whole team including Elizabeth are attacked on an offworld planet. As the team runs to the gate they all spiracticly split up in the woods. John and Elizabeth (who are long split up cause Sheppard's with Anne Boleyn in this story) manage to stay together but then Elizabeth gets shot and John (who has some feelings for her still) runs back and checks on her. Unfortunately it's a trap to capture John but it's a brilliant little Sparky moment/idea.
              John can never get over his feelings for Elizabeth. They can't be separated.

Comment

Day 16: Favorite season

Season 3.

Question of my mom:
                She yelled at me this morning because she wanted to see "Common Ground". I put the dvd and left her. After this episode she said "I'm sure it's at this moment they start to be a couple. I'm sure she goes to see him in his room and they talk and BAM a kiss". So her question is: In your Sparky world, when do you think John and Elizabeth could have be together? In which episode do you think TPTB can put a scene like this? How can you see the scene? If you don't understand me, sorry I'm still asleep on my chair and mom is behind me.lol
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

so hard to choose probably season 3.

Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronan? Weir or Carter?)

Ronan had more depth and more backstory. all we found out from ford was that he was 25 years old, had a cousin and grandparents.

and I would Choose Weir over Carter. No disrespect to the character of Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Season 3.

Question of my mom:
                    She yelled at me this morning because she wanted to see "Common Ground". I put the dvd and left her. After this episode she said "I'm sure it's at this moment they start to be a couple. I'm sure she goes to see him in his room and they talk and BAM a kiss". So her question is: In your Sparky world, when do you think John and Elizabeth could have be together? In which episode do you think TPTB can put a scene like this? How can you see the scene? If you don't understand me, sorry I'm still asleep on my chair and mom is behind me.lol
                    This answers it better for my Sparky world:

Decaf on the Balcony

It's a missing scene I wrote for after "The Real World" ... Just my opinion!!!

Comment

And just found out I'm stuck working over time today, so I will try to run in here for safe haven during lunch!

Have a great day, everybody!!!

Comment

***Meme-Time***

Spoiler:
                        Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                        Day 18: Favorite side character
                        Day 19: Most annoying side character
                        Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                        Day 21: Best quote
                        Day 22: Worst quote
                        Day 23: Saddest character death
                        Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                        Day 25: Favorite kiss
                        Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                        Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                        Day 28: Favorite enemy
                        Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                        Day 30: One thing you would change
                        Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 15: Least favorite pairing

Like I already mentioned I would like to answer this question, but it won't get us into trouble because I'm only going to be sticking to what is established on screen. I will make a mention of fanon pairings but again it won't get the thread into trouble for I will be speaking in general terms.

Spoiler:
                        I have always found TPTB lacking in terms of writing actual romantic relationships on screen. And this has been a problem for as long as stargate has graced our screens (though I can't speak for SGU as I haven't watched that - so for the sake of the argument this only applies to SG1 and SGA).

I'm not a fan of on screen relationships, especially when they're not written well and as I have said SG TPB seem to have little to no clue how to write such a relationship that it makes sense. They do know how to toy with people's minds. We have seen enough of that with Sam and Jack, or in SGA with John and Teyla & John and Elizabeth. They don't seem to think beyond "let's get them together" ... they just do and forget about the process that goes into a relationship before it becomes a relationship. Toying with pairings is only causing divides within a fandom... Of course, even with a set pairing in place, the fandom can be divided (f.e. Legend of the Seeker where Richard and Kahlan are the established canon pairing, but where supporters of this pairing still cause trouble when someone dares to ship Kahlan and Cara - yes from personal experience).

So far we've had Simon/Elizabeth (established relationship), Elizabeth/Mike (one date), Laura/Carson (several dates), Katie/Rodney (dates + established relationship with a possible engagement), Rodney/Jennifer (out of the blue relationship), Jennifer/Ronon (a case of flirting), Teyla/Kanaan (out of the blue relationship out of necessity to explain Teyla's pregnancy), John/Chaya (one date), Amelia/Ronon (flirting), Ronon/Melena (established relationship)...

I think that's about it - as far as I can remember - concerning canon relationships.

Simon/Elizabeth was an established relationship for which TPTW didn't need to do much as far as writing went since Simon was left behind when Elizabeth left for Atlantis. It was a believable relationship in terms of chemistry and writing.
                        However, maybe Garwin Sanford as Simon wasn't such a grand idea seeing as how he had such an important part to play in SG1 already as Narim.

Elizabeth/Mike was one date, and I didn't see anything majorly wrong with it. He just wanted to get her out of her office. I though in terms of writing it wasn't at all bad... I rather enjoyed it.

Laura/Carson & Katie/Rodney
                        The reason I listed them as my favorite pairings is because they happened in the background (except maybe Katie/Rodney in Duet, it was part of the story). They were written with subtlety, even though in the case of Katie/Rodney there was room for improvement. However, we did get to see Rodney in other situations then him panicking over ancient technology that could go boom. I really liked the tender moments between him and Katie, but I absolutely hate how they chose to end it. After which we never heard from Katie ever again.

Rodney/Jennifer could have benifited from a better build-up. In my personal opinion, this relationship suffered from favoritism and "Rodney should get the girl". The way it was written didn't sit well with me, and that it sometimes disrupted the flow of the episodes also didn't do this relationship for me any good. However, for some odd reason I didn't seem to mind it all that much in Brainstorm. However, this will never be a pairing that I will like on screen. However, in fanfic that's a whole other story...

Ronon/Jennifer was more part of the triangle, and I hated how they put two friends against one another over a girl. That just didn't seem right, especially not in a show like Stargate Atlantis. I kinda liked their flirting in Quarantine, and thought they worked really well together... the way they tried to blow that door to smithereens.

Amelia/Ronon
                        I felt like this was some sort of consolidation price for Ronon. He didn't get Jennifer but they still wanted him to be happy in the end. I guess, as far as compatibility maybe Amelia was more right for him than Jennifer but with relationships nobody ever really knows who's compatible with who, opposites attract after all.

Ronon/Melena
                        I wish we had seen more of this, other than in the episode Sateda. What exactly was their relationship? Were they married or were they just living together? It did show us a different side to Ronon and we learned about the kind of man he was. Did he keep something of Melena or was everything taken away from him when he was turned into a Runner?
                        We never really got to know more about her and I think that was a shame, because I could have loved to know more about that.

John/Chaya
                        He did take her out to that balcony and he kissed her once (much like Elizabeth/Mike in fact). And Teyla seemed to think he was going on a date...
                        I liked Chaya.

Teyla/Kanaan was a relationship which came out of nowhere for the sake of explaining Teyla's pregnancy. And personally I wished they had just never written that into the show in the first place. As a Teyla-fan it didn't make me in the least bit happy. But they did... and how. *sigh*
                        They could at least have established Kanaan earlier as the old friend, one who understood having the gift since he too has Wraith DNA like Teyla. He came out of the blue and that made this relationship so hard to get. However, it grew on me but not thanks to the writers who introduced him and then simply forgot about him again. There could have been such wonderful stories within other stories, about the Athosians and their traditions on marriage maybe, or living together, or children... but nope, squad. Kanaan was just a means to an end, a plotdevise to explain Torren's existence. And never did they think about exploring this further... and that makes me sad.

Beyond the canon relationships, there are the gazillion pairings in fandom which may or may not have a base in the show (glances, interaction, chemistry, friendships, compatibility, ...) or no base at all and are just being written as "what if I pair X with Y and see how that goes". I'm a multishipper and am not shy about pairing many different characters together, usually my favorite characters although I don't have a problem pairing up characters that I'm less inclined to write for or read stories about.

There are in fact so many pairings, some that I probably even never heard of that I can't possible point out my least favorite.

We all see different things anyway... so there really is no point to this question to begin with.

I also have a hard time wrapping my head around downplaying one pairing to make the favored pairing look better or more real. What's the point in that anyway? Same goes for characters or shows.

I know fandoms can be cruel about that sort of thing... I'm not that naive. Personal experience has thought me that on many occasions.

Anyway, this was my answer to question 15 - I hope I didn't offend anyone. If you feel like responding to something I've written but feel that it's OT to the topic (which is still Sparky) than do not hesitate to send me a PM.

****Sparky Quiz***

Okay, I totally fail at Sparky.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello peeps. Just checking in. I'm at my bro's and busy. Interesting how you've spent your time. Almost glad I was gone. And now I'm glad you seem to be back on track.

Sparky is the reason we are here. Let's never forget that. See you later tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi all! It's been FOREVER since I've posted - holidays, family vacation, catching up at work, yadda, yadda, yadda - real life anyone?

Anyhoo - a short, short, pic scene of the reason we're all here - SPARKY!

Spoiler:

E - "John, a vacation? Hmmm, I don't know - things are so crazy in Atlantis right now."

J - "Oh c'mon Lizabeth - I know the perfect place. And, we'll be within contact range if Atlantis needs us. Please?????"

A few hours later, on the mainland......

E - *sighs and snuggles in closer* - "John, as usual, you were right."

J - *grins and pulls her down into the sand* - "Lizabeth, have I ever told you how much I love hearing you say that?"
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                              Hi all! It's been FOREVER since I've posted - holidays, family vacation, catching up at work, yadda, yadda, yadda - real life anyone?

Anyhoo - a short, short, pic scene of the reason we're all here - SPARKY!

Spoiler:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...lworld0657.jpg

E - "John, a vacation? Hmmm, I don't know - things are so crazy in Atlantis right now."

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...lworld0666.jpg

J - "Oh c'mon Lizabeth - I know the perfect place. And, we'll be within contact range if Atlantis needs us. Please?????"

A few hours later, on the mainland......

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...MB_BOOKS/3.jpg

E - *sighs and snuggles in closer* - "John, as usual, you were right."

J - *grins and pulls her down into the sand* - "Lizabeth, have I ever told you how much I love hearing you say that?"
                              Hi SMB! *waves*

Squee! Love the pic story!
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                I'm BACK! Did you miss me? Well if you didn't, too bad, you're stuck with me anyway! AHAHAHAHA!!!

Funny you should ask. Because THAT's your test! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to state which episodes these reasons are based on. A couple of these reasons can be applied to multiple episodes, so more than one answer is possible and will be accepted.

To recap for those who missed it the first time:

Top Ten Reasons Why John Sheppard Loves Elizabeth Weir
                                10. The Eyebrow of Doom.
                                9. He likes defending her honor.
                                8. He knows that she knows what he was really going to say when he had that bug on his neck.
                                7. She looks so damn sexy in red.
                                6. She got him promoted by threatening to go to the President. Talk about working those political connections!
                                5. Beauty AND brains. What more could a guy want?
                                4. She's not afraid of him, even when he's turning into a homicidal bug-man.
                                3. You don't go on a rampage and kill fifty-eight Genii assault troops in less than ten minutes to avenge someone who's nothing more than your "boss."
                                2. She believed in him when no one else did.
                                1. He just does.

You have 24 hours to post your answers. Pencils ready... GO!
                                ufff, thats a hard one XD i've gotta do this in stages..... so, here 10 / 9 & 8 ... in PICTURES
                                (spoiler tags for the size..some are a bit big)

Number 10 - 38 minutes
                                The Eyebrow of Doom.

Spoiler:

Number 9 - misbegotten
                                He likes defending her honor.

Spoiler:

Number 8 - 38 minutes
                                He knows that she knows what he was really going to say when he had that bug on his neck

Spoiler:

Last edited by Torri012; 16 January 2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X