X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
    thank you. thank you

*trows a handfull of muffins into the crowd*

i know, its crazy this month with birtdays. i know about 13 people in RL who's birthday is this month.. like jan is the coolest month ever *yay* i just realised, i'm HIP XD
    Yes January is the coolest month and I'm not saying this just because my birthday is in January.
    I know 8 people born this month. The coolest actors of SGA have also their birthday in January. But we love you, people from the other months.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

thank you. thank you

i know, its crazy this month with birtdays. i know about 13 people in RL who's birthday is this month.. like jan is the coolest month ever *yay* i just realised, i'm HIP XD
      Oh I didn't know it was your bday today I know we just met but happy Bday dear.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Yes January is the coolest month and I'm not saying this just because my birthday is in January.
        I know 8 people born this month. The coolest actors of SGA have also their birthday in January. But we love you, people from the other months.lol
        No offense taken. I'm a Feb girl but I hate it because 1. It usually snows around my birthday and 2. It's too close to Valentine's Day so I only get flowers once.

Mr. SR kindly made a DVD of Change of Plans for me with all the commercials removed so of course I had to watch it again. This time I noticed that every time Joe is talking to his "wife" he uses the same voice he used with Elizabeth when sitting on her desk or standing on the balcony. It's almost uncanny. I could just hear that little sweet moment after TRW every time. I liked it even better the second time. He is an amazing actor and Brooke is so natural it's scary.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Im a May baby on May 19th a famous day in English History. Fits me well!
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star

Jack O'Neill in the return part II because it's the first time we saw Richard in about a year and boy did he seem rested and plus the scene between jack and that Replicator was funny.
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 11 January 2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday, and Happy Birthday to Anuna and Torri012!

Live in fear... I have more cake!

Spoiler:

And just to keep it on the topic of Sparky, I wonder what John and Elizabeth might do with some birthday cake... heheheh... (yes, that's a cue for your minds to go right into the gutter!)

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              To be fair, she had high expectations of all of the Atlantis expedition. With good reason too - after ten thousand years of hearing how the ancestors will come back to save everyone, we'd all be expecting a lot. The difference between the idea of the ancestors/ancients, and their descendants, is like night and day.
              I'm just annoyed it took her so long to figure that out.

I don't know whether this is shipper goggles or not, but the way the dream played out, it seemed like she was being reminded of the Conversion incident. That may be drawing a long bow though, it was two years since then & I'd imagine she had a lot more to be worried about since then - Michael for one. Maybe it's like what Kate said - perhaps dreams don't really mean much at all, they're just a hybrid of what we've been thinking about during the day/week.

If they'd done the family background, it would have answered a lot of questions. We couldn't have that now, could we
              Honestly, I thought the same thing the first time I saw that scene. Teyla was downright disturbed by what happened in Conversion; in some respects, it seemed like she was never as comfortable with John after that. I have to wonder, with the assumption that Elizabeth and Teyla were supposed to be good friends (even though we hardly ever saw it, fail writers, fail!), might the two of them have talked to each other about their experiences with Bug!Shep? Now that might be an interesting 'missing scene' fic idea.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Wow, you guys did 3 pages while I was sleeping. Way to go Sparky family.
              We aim to misbehave. Er, wait, that didn't come out right...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

To be fair, she had high expectations of all of the Atlantis expedition. With good reason too - after ten thousand years of hearing how the ancestors will come back to save everyone, we'd all be expecting a lot. The difference between the idea of the ancestors/ancients, and their descendants, is like night and day.

I don't know whether this is shipper goggles or not, but the way the dream played out, it seemed like she was being reminded of the Conversion incident. That may be drawing a long bow though, it was two years since then & I'd imagine she had a lot more to be worried about since then - Michael for one. Maybe it's like what Kate said - perhaps dreams don't really mean much at all, they're just a hybrid of what we've been thinking about during the day/week.

If they'd done the family background, it would have answered a lot of questions. We couldn't have that now, could we

I'd have been livid if I saw that another character lived and I died in an almost identical scenario. JM would've had no air in his tyres that night (or whomever wrote the script)

I was never a fan of "evan" as a name for him. Or Marcus, but Mark would've been okay.

Who what eh huh? Professionally? Rugby is our national sport.
                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday, and Happy Birthday to Anuna and Torri012!

Spoiler:

And just to keep it on the topic of Sparky, I wonder what John and Elizabeth might do with some birthday cake... heheheh... (yes, that's a cue for your minds to go right into the gutter!)

I'm just annoyed it took her so long to figure that out.

Honestly, I thought the same thing the first time I saw that scene. Teyla was downright disturbed by what happened in Conversion; in some respects, it seemed like she was never as comfortable with John after that. I have to wonder, with the assumption that Elizabeth and Teyla were supposed to be good friends (even though we hardly ever saw it, fail writers, fail!), might the two of them have talked to each other about their experiences with Bug!Shep? Now that might be an interesting 'missing scene' fic idea.

I see where you're seeing that RE: Teyla's dream and that's what I always thought she was seeing, too. I always thought that John's darker side there kinda scared her, especially because she so completely trusted him. And Teyla's greatest fear has been the Wraith, her own Wraith genetics and what that could mean. John kinda lived out her fear AND it was the double whammy of being someone you wouldn't think could be that way, so it surprised her and she wasn't sure what to think. I thought it inadvertently made her raise her guard a little. It plays into the scene in TLG where she is wary of that possessed John as well. It seemed to me her darkest fears in Doppelganger was about John returning to something that scary--not being a John she could wholeheartedly trust.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

SK you bad girl you are giving me dirty thoughts.....AGAIN!
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Since you're a lemming, I guess that makes you the family pet. LOL
                    Yay, I can be in every picture, even when I'm not supposed to be...

There's also that...

Oh noez!!11!!!

Oh gosh yeah, what was I thinking... *headdesk*

I'd have been livid if I saw that another character lived and I died in an almost identical scenario. JM would've had no air in his tyres that night (or whomever wrote the script)

It was written and directed by Robert C. Cooper. In your case, it would have been his air you'd have freed from its rubber prison.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    The coolest actors of SGA have also their birthday in January.
                    Yes, Claire (23rd) and Rachel (19th)...
                    And Paul and Joe (on my birthday)...

SUGAR!!! *digs in*

*iz sliding fast*

Too late...

***Meme-time***

Spoiler:
                    Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                    Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                    Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                    Day 14: Favorite pairing
                    Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                    Day 16: Favorite season
                    Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                    Day 18: Favorite side character
                    Day 19: Most annoying side character
                    Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                    Day 21: Best quote
                    Day 22: Worst quote
                    Day 23: Saddest character death
                    Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                    Day 25: Favorite kiss
                    Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                    Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                    Day 28: Favorite enemy
                    Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                    Day 30: One thing you would change
                    Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)

I guess that would have to be Teyla, since she's a close second, and Elizabeth a close third... but considering that I generally put all three (Kate in first) at top of my list, I am going with Laura Cadman instead...

I lover her quirky self; the way she interacts well with Rodney and Carson, and Elizabeth. She's not afraid to speak her mind and she can shut Rodney up. But most of all she's a tapdancing explosives expert - what more do you want?

I like almost all female characters, hence why was a regular in the Secondary Women of Atlantis thread (which is no longer an active thread due to the leaving of a lot of people). I think I'm the only one still posting there and that does get a little lonely...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Some really good caps of CoP here at xxsafixx's LJ:
                      http://xxsafixx.livejournal.com/47696.html

I bet there are some that could be turned into great Sparky manips.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was never a fan of "evan" as a name for him. Or Marcus, but Mark would've been okay.

Who what eh huh? Professionally? Rugby is our national sport.
                        Gater are you a Kiwi by any chance? I'm not sure it was on a DVD interview it may have been college or something

Wow, you guys did 3 pages while I was sleeping. Way to go Sparky family.

Yeah, some of us have been ignoring that 800 pound elephant in the room. *snort*

Whoa! Congrats to them. Looks like your babysitting days will be interesting.

Yes, Happy Birthday Anuna! and also Happy Birthday Torri!

They already are SR, as my sister in law gets snappier I look after the little girls for her

A big Happy Birthday Torri

thank you. thank you

*steals muffins--- beams out*

Comment

Happy birthday to Anuna and Torri!

No offense taken. I'm a Feb girl but I hate it because 1. It usually snows around my birthday and 2. It's too close to Valentine's Day so I only get flowers once.

Mr. SR kindly made a DVD of Change of Plans for me with all the commercials removed so of course I had to watch it again. This time I noticed that every time Joe is talking to his "wife" he uses the same voice he used with Elizabeth when sitting on her desk or standing on the balcony. It's almost uncanny. I could just hear that little sweet moment after TRW every time. I liked it even better the second time. He is an amazing actor and Brooke is so natural it's scary.
                          I have that on my DVR. Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow since I won't be leaving the house (going to get over a foot of snow here - got my milk and bread already!)

Meme time.

This is a close one between Teyla and Kate. I'm going to have to pick Kate. Since I said yesterday, I've been really into reading the Stargate_ren universe lately, and Kate is particularly awesome in it. Plus her curly blond hair is pretty

Was she the only psychiatrist Atlantis had? Who could she talk to then? (Besides Teyla, of course FH )

Comment

Laura Cadman

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I see where you're seeing that RE: Teyla's dream and that's what I always thought she was seeing, too. I always thought that John's darker side there kinda scared her, especially because she so completely trusted him. And Teyla's greatest fear has been the Wraith, her own Wraith genetics and what that could mean. John kinda lived out her fear AND it was the double whammy of being someone you wouldn't think could be that way, so it surprised her and she wasn't sure what to think. I thought it inadvertently made her raise her guard a little. It plays into the scene in TLG where she is wary of that possessed John as well. It seemed to me her darkest fears in Doppelganger was about John returning to something that scary--not being a John she could wholeheartedly trust.
                              Yup. Scary stuff, indeed. Scarier still when one considers that he's more than capable of choosing to turn on a dime and go dark when sufficiently motivated (ie., Storm/Eye) rather than it being accidentally forced on him like in Conversion.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              SK you bad girl you are giving me dirty thoughts.....AGAIN!
                              Muahahaha!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              SUGAR!!! *digs in*
                              Heeheehee!

Too late...
                              True, dat. Of course, I don't see any one here complaining.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              Some really good caps of CoP here at xxsafixx's LJ:
                              http://xxsafixx.livejournal.com/47696.html

I bet there are some that could be turned into great Sparky manips.
                              Mmmm, I think so, too. The cuddling in bed ones in particular.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

This is a close one between Teyla and Kate. I'm going to have to pick Kate. Since I said yesterday, I've been really into reading the Stargate_ren universe lately, and Kate is particularly awesome in it. Plus her curly blond hair is pretty
                              Eeeee, a fellow Stargate!Ren fan!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Was she the only psychiatrist Atlantis had? Who could she talk to then? (Besides Teyla, of course FH )
                              We never did hear about any other psychiatrists or psychologists on Atlantis. Even in Season 1 when there was only about 200 people, one would think there'd be at least one or two others so that she didn't have such a big workload. Hmm...
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Second on that list has to be Carson Beckett. He's just an adorkable character. Compassionate, professional when he needs to be, has a wicked sense of humor and right there when you need a friend. And I just love the Scottish accent...

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:

It's Carson the Turtle with Carson the Doctor, well Paul McGillion really... but who cares.
                                Forgot to back track and comment yesterday. I love this picture! I couldn't help but LOL when I saw the guy in the background.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X