Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    ...i just didn't like the ep that much. I thought the premise was pretty weak, even by SGA standards.
    Don't I know it... I mean, killed by sleep?!? Or should that be killed by crystal? Sounds like a bad B-horror flick.

***MEME-TIME***

Spoiler:
    Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
    Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
    Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
    Day 13: A scene that made you blush
    Day 14: Favorite pairing
    Day 15: Least favorite pairing
    Day 16: Favorite season
    Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
    Day 18: Favorite side character
    Day 19: Most annoying side character
    Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
    Day 21: Best quote
    Day 22: Worst quote
    Day 23: Saddest character death
    Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
    Day 25: Favorite kiss
    Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
    Day 27: Funniest screen cap
    Day 28: Favorite enemy
    Day 29: Least favorite enemy
    Day 30: One thing you would change
    Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)

I have several male characters that I consider favorites of mine - John takes top spot. In a weird way I can relate to him the most - there's a lot similarities, it's just plain freaky.

So, the answer can't be John in this case...

Second on that list has to be Carson Beckett. He's just an adorkable character. Compassionate, professional when he needs to be, has a wicked sense of humor and right there when you need a friend. And I just love the Scottish accent...

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:

It's Carson the Turtle with Carson the Doctor, well Paul McGillion really... but who cares.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Don't I know it... I mean, killed by sleep?!? Or should that be killed by crystal? Sounds like a bad B-horror flick.

***MEME-TIME***

Spoiler:

I have several male characters that I consider favorites of mine - John takes top spot. In a weird way I can relate to him the most - there's a lot similarities, it's just plain freaky.

Second on that list has to be Carson Beckett. He's just an adorkable character. Compassionate, professional when he needs to be, has a wicked sense of humor and right there when you need a friend. And I just love the Scottish accent...

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:

It's Carson the Turtle with Carson the Doctor, well Paul McGillion really... but who cares.
      I. Am. So. Jealous.

Doppelganger was a confusing mess. I couldn't keep up with what was real and what the dreams were supposed to mean or any of that. And why was Teyla mad at real John? Those dreams must have been awfully realistic or maybe she still held a grudge for something. Hmm?

That would also be Carson for me. He is just so sweet and lovely and adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks. And such a good friend to each and every character. We had way too little of him. I hope I can meet Paul someday and tell his just that. And maybe he'll even let me do the cheek pinch thing.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

***MEME-TIME***

Spoiler:

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:

Totally love the guy behind you two his face is halirious.

I am going to have to agree with you. Carson Beckett is awesome. I knew from the beginning when Beckett sat in that Chair, set a drone off at Sheppard and then saying with his Scottish accent "I told you I wasn't the right person!" I knew he was going to be awesome. I love writing him too, his accent makes the story more pleasent to write.

Another male character I love is Ronon. Merely because he is just badass. I mean being shot in the leg by an arrow and be able to keep going? Having Kavanugh take one look at him and faint in fear? He's epic. End of story.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

I am going to have to agree with you. Carson Beckett is awesome. I knew from the beginning when Beckett sat in that Chair, set a drone off at Sheppard and then saying with his Scottish accent "I told you I wasn't the right person!" I knew he was going to be awesome. I love writing him too, his accent makes the story more pleasent to write.

Another male character I love is Ronon. Merely because he is just badass. I mean being shot in the leg by an arrow and be able to keep going? Having Kavanugh take one look at him and faint in fear? He's epic. End of story.
          My favorite Carson line is "I think it's lunch related". ROTFLMAO! And yeah, Ronon is my 3rd fave too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            My favorite Carson line is "I think it's lunch related". ROTFLMAO! And yeah, Ronon is my 3rd fave too.
            What about the part where Sheppard Kidnaps Carson in Irresistable and he starts crying in the puddle jumper? Poor Beckett!
            BALCONIES
            sigpic

Comment

What about the part where Sheppard Kidnaps Carson in Irresistable and he starts crying in the puddle jumper? Poor Beckett!
              OMG, yes. And you know about that scene being cut I'll bet. John pulls out a kleenex, helps Carson blow his nose and then puts it in his pocket. I would pay good money to have seen that. Those two were always great together. We also really needed more scenes with John, Liz and Carson. That bit in Instinct with the infamous bed straddling bit was perfect. And the way Carson treated her like John's wife in Conversion. Whoa.
              sigpic

Comment

Favorite male character other than John - darn. HOW CAN I CHOOSE?! When i love them all! Also, I love writing them all, but okay, if I have to choose, I pick Rodney. *ducks for tomatoes*

He's that friend who hooks you up with your future husband - that's how I see him, in relation to John and Elizabeth - best friend, whom you love even when his being his most annoying self, someone you love like a brother despite all his flaws. I like his quick and witty mind, his snarkiness, his optimism, I LOVE that he refuses to give up. In "Hot Zone" he acted in a really heroic way and I wish the writers wrote him like that more often. Other guys are quite awesome too, but Rodney has a special spot in my heart
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Congrats on the new post count!!

Southern Red - you ficlet was awesome!

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real

The last scene in GitM. I cry every time I watch that last scene, and I have to keep reminding myself ... this is fiction... and SGARising is going to fix it

Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times

The Storm/The Eye. This was my second choice for favorite episode. It solidifies Sparky and black ops John is bad-ass and hot.

OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  I had a Stargate dream last night. For some reason I had to go back to high school, and John and Elizabeth were fellow students with me. Then one of my classes had Carson sitting on the floor, dressed in hippie clothes, playing a guitar and singing. And I didn't even drink last night!!

Joanna
                  For me, it was the ep/2 parter that confirmed I'd made the right choice to watch SGA. It exceeded any expectations I'd had of the series to that point.

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                  No he simply refuses to ship anything unless it has a keel under it. He wrote that as a dare from mum so she'd shut up nagging him cos he only ever writes action stuff But he is going to include that and expand on it in his fanfic, when he gets aroun dto writing more

O-o can you adopt me as well SR, I'm only 24. Well until April I am anyway..is your son single??
                  I admit I'm not a huge fan of the pairing, but the story was quite well written. Hopefully he sticks with it

I was just the opposite when he first showed up on SGA. I remember him from a number of shows but mostly from Profiler. It's unusual to see him play a good guy lately though and the CM character is a good part. Since Kolya though, I must admit he will always be that character in my head.

Sure I'll adopt you. The more the merrier. Alas, SR. Jr. is happily settled down with his girlfriend the lovely Miss M.
                  I used to be that way with both AT & Bill Shatner. They'd both played their characters for so long that I never thought I'd see them as anything else. Then came Boston Legal and Sanctuary. Maybe that was part of the reason that I struggled with Carter on SGA - she didn't quite seem like the same character

It does I know we tolerate/accept some pretty "out there" scenarios with sci-fi, but this took the cake.

***MEME-TIME***

Spoiler:

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:
                  http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...8/IMG_0008.jpg
                  That's a good description of Carson. He seems like he could be anyones friend.

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Doppelganger was a confusing mess. I couldn't keep up with what was real and what the dreams were supposed to mean or any of that. And why was Teyla mad at real John? Those dreams must have been awfully realistic or maybe she still held a grudge for something. Hmm?
                  I found it interesting that her fear was not that she would turn into a wraith (as had been her fear during The Gift) but rather that John would (ala Conversion).

That would also be Carson for me. He is just so sweet and lovely and adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks. And such a good friend to each and every character. We had way too little of him. I hope I can meet Paul someday and tell his just that. And maybe he'll even let me do the cheek pinch thing.
                  I couldn't stand him in the pilot. I'd warmed to him in the next ep, but Poisoning the Well sold him for me. Dammit, he turned out to be one of my favourites, and then they went and killed him.

OMG, yes. And you know about that scene being cut I'll bet. John pulls out a kleenex, helps Carson blow his nose and then puts it in his pocket. I would pay good money to have seen that. Those two were always great together. We also really needed more scenes with John, Liz and Carson. That bit in Instinct with the infamous bed straddling bit was perfect. And the way Carson treated her like John's wife in Conversion. Whoa.
                  I'd not heard about that scene. I presume you mean it was cut completely, rather than released as a deleted scene?
                  sigpic

Comment

For me, it was the ep/2 parter that confirmed I'd made the right choice to watch SGA. It exceeded any expectations I'd had of the series to that point.

I admit I'm not a huge fan of the pairing, but the story was quite well written. Hopefully he sticks with it

I used to be that way with both AT & Bill Shatner. They'd both played their characters for so long that I never thought I'd see them as anything else. Then came Boston Legal and Sanctuary. Maybe that was part of the reason that I struggled with Carter on SGA - she didn't quite seem like the same character

It does I know we tolerate/accept some pretty "out there" scenarios with sci-fi, but this took the cake.

That's a good description of Carson. He seems like he could be anyones friend.

I found it interesting that her fear was not that she would turn into a wraith (as had been her fear during The Gift) but rather that John would (ala Conversion).

I couldn't stand him in the pilot. I'd warmed to him in the next ep, but Poisoning the Well sold him for me. Dammit, he turned out to be one of my favourites, and then they went and killed him.

I'd not heard about that scene. I presume you mean it was cut completely, rather than released as a deleted scene?
                    Yeah, unfortunately. I think it was cut for time. If I'm not mistaken, JM talked about it on his blog one time. Along with the scene in Remnants that had Kolya talking to John about blaming himself for not saving Elizabeth.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I was just the opposite when he first showed up on SGA. I remember him from a number of shows but mostly from Profiler. It's unusual to see him play a good guy lately though and the CM character is a good part. Since Kolya though, I must admit he will always be that character in my head.
                      Even more than Kolya, he'll always be Jake Fratelli to me. Goonies Forever!

I think that could be applied to a lot of episodes from S4-5.

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:
                      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...8/IMG_0008.jpg
                      ZOMG SQUEEE! *joins SR on the jealousy train* That is just So. Stinking. CUTE!

That line absolutely SLAYED me.

OMG, yes. And you know about that scene being cut I'll bet. John pulls out a kleenex, helps Carson blow his nose and then puts it in his pocket. I would pay good money to have seen that. Those two were always great together.
                      I could swear that a clip from that deleted scene did get released somewhere...

We also really needed more scenes with John, Liz and Carson. That bit in Instinct with the infamous bed straddling bit was perfect. And the way Carson treated her like John's wife in Conversion. Whoa.
                      *nodnod* Hmm, we may have to expand it to the Four Musketeers of Atlantis: John, Elizabeth, Rodney and Carson.

I wonder how much of Teyla's reaction stemmed from her, I don't know how else to describe it, 'hero worship' of Sheppard in Season 1? How she seemed to put him on this pedestal because he had the blood of the Ancestors and she had perhaps unfairly exaggerated expectations of him because of it? I was glad when they stopped writing her like that.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Doppelganger mostly confused me on a lot of things - though I kinda liked Ronon's fear of ending up alone, and loosing the people he came to see as family.

Teyla's dream was kinda weird but not all that unlikely...however, remembering the dreams she had in The Gift, I would have guessed that would have been there too. Although Sheppard turning into an iratus bug might have been a continuation of that Wraith-dream since those dreams (in The Gift) were probably a result of being in close contact to the approaching Hives. They could have done something with her family background... now, that would have been diffferent...

And Rodney was being mocked for dreaming about lemons.

And here's what Claire Rankin had to say on the Doppelganger-matter:

GW Interview dates back to February 2008

GW: Kate dies in a falling nightmare. Was this surreal for you in any way? Are you afraid of heights?

CR: I actually don't care much for heights but I'm not really scared of them. I enjoyed being harnessed on the ledge of the set and getting to do something a bit physical. It was fun with the wind machines and all!

GW: Was it ironic to you that Rachel shared your final scenes?

CR: Teyla really is the only character the audience sees Kate connect with a in any sort of personal way- so I think that the audience could believe that they were friends and she would be the one to try and save Kate.

GW: Were you told the character was going to be killed off before you got the script for "Doppelganger?"

CR: No, I had no idea. I was reading it and I saw my death and I thought "that can't be real" and then I saw Rodney's death and I thought "that really can't be real" and then his was not, but mine was- and I was bummed. But it's sci-fi so anything can happen- I could be cloned yet!
                        He wasn't happy that Paul told my sister to take another picture. He had moved Carson the turtle from his left shoulder to mine and my sister had to take another picture like that, which she did.

Before that he had been pointing at my turtle, which is usually tucked in the top of my tactical vest, and poking Cliff Simon (Ba'al) to look at me and my turtle. So, when it was my turn for my autograph he took the turtle and set it on his shoulder and pointed at it. He got the reference which made me squee all over.

:I think I feel something. ... It could be lunch related.

^^Had me laughing so hard.

TOTALLY AGREE!

That and exploding tumors.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree it always happens with our favorite fandoms you see a character on your favorite show and you cannot dissassiociate yourself with a character. For example as well as a SGA fan I am a Tudors fan (hence the crazy idea of pairing Sheppard with Anne Boleyn). There are two actors Jeremy Northam and James Frain who play my two favorite characters Sir Thomas More and Sir Thomas Cromwell respectively, they were historically the worst of enemies and all the scenes together on the show they are fighting somehow. In the end, it was because of Cromwell influence on the Anglican Church (Frain's character) that lead to More's (Northam's character) beheading. Even after the show I only see Jeremy and James as More and Cromwell. You wonder what the point of this tangent...

Recently Jeremy Northam was the lead character on a show on CBS (which was cancelled...Damn CBS) called Miami Medical. James Frain wound up guest starring as a dying patient. My Tudors friends and I lost it everytime the two were in the same room together. The high point of the story was when Jeremy's character pulls the plug on James' character, my friends and I were in a laughing fit squealing Karma comes in full circle MORE KILLS CROMWELL!

Needless to say when I see the SGA crew in different shows and movies, I don't see the character they are playing, I only see them as their SGA characters. Oh god imagine Torri Higginson and Joe Flanigan playing a married couple in a movie!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Even more than Kolya, he'll always be Jake Fratelli to me. Goonies Forever!
                          Yeah you should have seen my reaction to see Davi in SGA the first time IS THAT THE VILLIAN IN THE GOONIES! Speaking of him in the goonies:

For a cold kniving villian the Goonies proves he has quite the messy desk.
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Will do my meme soon, I have like a week to catch up on, but found this vid and y'all gotta listen to the last part! Some SGA related stuff starts at 2:45!

Comment

Okay, time for catching up!

Day 2: Your favorite episode

As sad as it was, the "First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline" combo. Mainly because John knew Elizabeth so well in regards to her wishes with the nanites, and his determination at the end of the eppy to find her, as long as there's a chance she's still out there. Personally, I kinda wish they'd focused on that determination a bit more before the TMC/BAMSR eppys.

Day 3: An episode you hate

Duh. The Irrs. After I heard the "Fly, Lucius, fly" line, I actually turned it off.

Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill

Umm, Kavanagh??? No, seriously, umm ... Nope, sticking with my answer.

Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships

John and Elizabeth:

And for my other SGA ship: (forgive me)

*runs away from tomatoes and sharp knives*

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause

Any of Rodney's Cadman controlled scenes in "Duet". And John's "Okay, I'm gonna go make a sandwich" line when the Wraith tell them they're going after Earth. And John's "I shot him" line.

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real

In relation to it's not our reality, or SGARising will fix it "not real"?

Elizabeth's "death". Either way.

Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times

"Rising", "Letters to Pegasus", "The Last Goodbye", "The Shrine", "First Strike-Lifeline" ... mainly cuz they're the episodes I have recorded.

Hey Elizabeth, you wanted to see me?

Umm, yeah. But in my quarters, with a lot less clothing.

Spoiler:

All right, I'm caught up! Now I can go back to work!

Later, and YAY! 105,000 posts!!!

And 700 for me!!!

Comment

***MEME-TIME***

Spoiler:

And on a sidenote:

Spoiler:

OMG you lucky, lucky lady!! Such blue eyes... :sigh::: Sorry, back to coherent speech now.

Comment

Working...
                                X