Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR: Of course we like it. It's excellent

Stupid question. Before I ask my question, I just want to say I have a cold. My brain is not working properly and I have strange thoughts and questions.........But well, strange questions are my speciality.lol
    Are you ready?
    Ok. Why there are stars next the title of each thread and why we have only four?lol
    You see. Stupid question......I have a cold, remember?
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      SR: Of course we like it. It's excellent

Stupid question. Before I ask my question, I just want to say I have a cold. My brain is not working properly and I have strange thoughts and questions.........But well, strange questions are my speciality.lol
      Are you ready?
      Ok. Why there are stars next the title of each thread and why we have only four?lol
      You see. Stupid question......I have a cold, remember?
      Thanks lovely daughter.

The stars are a rating system. You used to be able to click on them and rate the thread. I'm not sure if you can still do that. We only have 4 because I guess some people don't like us. I can't imagine why though.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I haven't been here in a week and I just have to say you never know what path Sparky will take you down.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        You ladies probably like TC. I want to punch him - he annoys me greatly. Very very cheesy. Top Gun was great, but everything after that went downhill. Don't get me started on his 'influence' on Katie Holmes.
        TC is one of my boyfriends, and I don't mean that in a good way. My brother calls all the actors I can't stand my boyfriends. Yes, we're a little bit twisted.

Regarding the SGA Rising release, maybe we should talk about it again when the first 3 or 4 are ready to go. I agree, we don't want to rush things plus I think people are checking back all the time so hopefully we aren't losing them. I look at the site every few days and there's always over 30 people there. Maybe it's the same ones every time, but hopefully not! Anyway, I really think word will spread once we start releasing the episodes, no matter when we decide to do it. Maybe what we need to decide is how much time are we going to have between posting each episode.

And I leave you with this picture of Joe and one of his buddies:

Spoiler:
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          I haven't been here in a week and I just have to say you never know what path Sparky will take you down.

TC is one of my boyfriends, and I don't mean that in a good way. My brother calls all the actors I can't stand my boyfriends. Yes, we're a little bit twisted.

Regarding the SGA Rising release, maybe we should talk about it again when the first 3 or 4 are ready to go. I agree, we don't want to rush things plus I think people are checking back all the time so hopefully we aren't losing them. I look at the site every few days and there's always over 30 people there. Maybe it's the same ones every time, but hopefully not! Anyway, I really think word will spread once we start releasing the episodes, no matter when we decide to do it. Maybe what we need to decide is how much time are we going to have between posting each episode.

Spoiler:
          Awww, thanks for that. I think that's Lazlo. Wasn't he a victim of coyotes? Poor baby.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'm beginning to think these winter storms coming one behind the other are just so more people can see the ad for Change of Plans. We ended up with a heavy dusting that's already melting. But more is on the way next week.
            Wal-Mart is controlling the weather?!? ZOMG!

LMAO.

I assume you mean Teyla is jealous of John because she wants to be with Kate. Now that's the only scenario there that makes sense.
            Ahahahah! That's gotta be it!

I haven't done one of my drabbles lately so here's the result of this morning's plot bunny attack. I may do more which will come after the episode but that little plot has managed to escape me. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:
            Life's Too Short

Author's note: This takes place during Tao of Rodney

Rodney McKay shifted for a moment on the floor of John's room and hugged his knees to momentarily relieve the tension in his muscles. John was attempting to teach him to meditate and so far it wasn't going very well.

“Truth is,” John admitted, “ I was never really very good at this myself.”

Rodney frowned. “So why am I here?”

“'lizabeth made me.” John continued to fiddle with his laptop without looking at Rodney.

“Oh. Yeah. Me too.” Rodney said. “It's hard to say no to Elizabeth.”

When John still didn't meet his eyes and continued his useless fidgeting, Rodney sat up straighter and said, “Uh, you have to take care of her you know...I mean if...uh...this ends badly.”

John's fingers stilled on the keyboard and he turned abruptly in Rodney's direction. “There'll be none of that kind of talk, Rodney.”

McKay looked down at the floor sheepishly.

“Besides,” John went on, “I do take care of her. It's my job...well...part of my job...to take care of everyone, I mean.”

Rodney chuckled quietly. “Yeah, I know what you mean. She likes you, you know.”

John's head jerked and he put on an obvious display of acting nonchalant. “Well, I hope so. After all, we work together.”

“Oh please,” Rodney said, “don't pretend to misunderstand me, Mr. Coulda Been Mensa. You know what I mean.”

John took a deep breath. “Really,” he said finally, “you think so.”

“Know so.”

“Huh.”

“Life's short, you know.” Rodney shifted around trying once more to get comfortable. “Particularly in this place. Way too short.”

John sat silently, seemingly frozen in place. After a moment, Rodney turned toward him impatiently. “Well, let's get this show on the road, why don't we? Dying man here.”

John's mouth quirked up on one side in spite of himself as Rodney's words replayed themselves in his head. “Life's too short. Yes indeed it is,” John thought, before turning his attention back to the task at hand.
            Eeeee! Rodney, I luff you! *squishes Rodney*

Thanks lovely daughter.

The stars are a rating system. You used to be able to click on them and rate the thread. I'm not sure if you can still do that. We only have 4 because I guess some people don't like us. I can't imagine why though.
            Yep, the rating system is still working. There's a white bar near the top of each page, with a selection of several menus toward the right side: View First Unread, Thread Tools, Search Thread, Rate This Thread, Display. Click on Rate This Thread and select from one star (for Terrible) to five stars (for Excellent).

*cackles*

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...315/Joedog.jpg
            Squee! I remember that pic!

Awww, thanks for that. I think that's Lazlo. Wasn't he a victim of coyotes? Poor baby.
            Coyotes?!?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I haven't done one of my drabbles lately so here's the result of this morning's plot bunny attack. I may do more which will come after the episode but that little plot has managed to escape me. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:
              Life's Too Short

Author's note: This takes place during Tao of Rodney

Rodney McKay shifted for a moment on the floor of John's room and hugged his knees to momentarily relieve the tension in his muscles. John was attempting to teach him to meditate and so far it wasn't going very well.

“Truth is,” John admitted, “ I was never really very good at this myself.”

Rodney frowned. “So why am I here?”

“'lizabeth made me.” John continued to fiddle with his laptop without looking at Rodney.

“Oh. Yeah. Me too.” Rodney said. “It's hard to say no to Elizabeth.”

When John still didn't meet his eyes and continued his useless fidgeting, Rodney sat up straighter and said, “Uh, you have to take care of her you know...I mean if...uh...this ends badly.”

John's fingers stilled on the keyboard and he turned abruptly in Rodney's direction. “There'll be none of that kind of talk, Rodney.”

McKay looked down at the floor sheepishly.

“Besides,” John went on, “I do take care of her. It's my job...well...part of my job...to take care of everyone, I mean.”

Rodney chuckled quietly. “Yeah, I know what you mean. She likes you, you know.”

John's head jerked and he put on an obvious display of acting nonchalant. “Well, I hope so. After all, we work together.”

“Oh please,” Rodney said, “don't pretend to misunderstand me, Mr. Coulda Been Mensa. You know what I mean.”

John took a deep breath. “Really,” he said finally, “you think so.”

“Know so.”

“Huh.”

“Life's short, you know.” Rodney shifted around trying once more to get comfortable. “Particularly in this place. Way too short.”

John sat silently, seemingly frozen in place. After a moment, Rodney turned toward him impatiently. “Well, let's get this show on the road, why don't we? Dying man here.”

John's mouth quirked up on one side in spite of himself as Rodney's words replayed themselves in his head. “Life's too short. Yes indeed it is,” John thought, before turning his attention back to the task at hand.
              Proves my point exactly Kolya, Mckay and Kavanaugh are conspiring to unite Sparky
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

so who's watching Change of Plans tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  so who's watching Change of Plans tonight?
                  I would if I had cable.

But it comes out on DVD at Walmart tomorrow, right? That's my present to myself.

By the way -- I miss my crazy, twisted family! So SR is my auntie, Anuna & SK are my sisters, Probie & TLM are cousins, and John is my hot uncle that I kinda have a crush on?

... Just checkin.

Comment

And judging from the fact I'm hearing crickets on the thread, I'm assuming EVERYONE is watching it!

Comment

I'll catch the first hour of Change of Plans tonight; there's something coming on at 9 that I want to watch, so I'm gonna miss the second half. And SW is right, the DVD should be coming out tomorrow (apparently it's packaged together with a CD soundtrack), so I'll be getting a copy... Gotta support Joe!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was out watching the end, but the cuddling scene reminded me of a scene I am about to write with Sparky
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, Change of Plans report.

Spoiler:
                          It was lovely. Thoroughly sweet and predictable but just squeaky clean and so cute. The acting was above par. Brooke and Joe had good chemistry. Not too terribly hot, but I don't think it was intended to be. She was new at this and I imagine snuggling with a man not her husband, even if it was Joe, was uncomfortable. So the bed scenes looked a bit stiff, but for married people they were fine. She did a great job for a newbie.

Now the Joe report. We got to see him shave. We got to see him brush his teeth wearing a tee shirt and boxers. There was little sign of John but it was just Joe being Joe. If you've seen any of his con videos or interviews, you know what I mean. He was great with the kids and very very natural.

There was also a Sparky moment or two. One where he said something to his wife like "it's going to be okay" made me have to pause for a bit of a squee. Even Mr. SR said he remembered the "it's going to be okay, Elizabeth" moment. And he made the woobie face a number of times.

I'll probably think of more tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            It was lovely. Thoroughly sweet and predictable but just squeaky clean and so cute. The acting was above par. Brooke and Joe had good chemistry. Not too terribly hot, but I don't think it was intended to be. She was new at this and I imagine snuggling with a man not her husband, even if it was Joe, was uncomfortable. So the bed scenes looked a bit stiff, but for married people they were fine. She did a great job for a newbie.

Now the Joe report. We got to see him shave. We got to see him brush his teeth wearing a tee shirt and boxers. There was little sign of John but it was just Joe being Joe. If you've seen any of his con videos or interviews, you know what I mean. He was great with the kids and very very natural.

There was also a Sparky moment or two. One where he said something to his wife like "it's going to be okay" made me have to pause for a bit of a squee. Even Mr. SR said he remembered the "it's going to be okay, Elizabeth" moment. And he made the woobie face a number of times.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! *flails uncontrollably* I have GOT to see that shaving bit! (Betcha the whumpers are hoping he cuts himself, hahaha!)

35 more minutes!

Comment

Spoiler:

I am glad I wasn't the only one who saw Sparky without Liz even inspired a scene I am writing tonight in my new Whump fic
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! *flails uncontrollably* I have GOT to see that shaving bit! (Betcha the whumpers are hoping he cuts himself, hahaha!)

35 more minutes!
                                It was a short scene and his razor obviously had no blade. Mr. SR lol'd. Hee. But it was still Joe with a face full of shaving cream. And the toothbrushing thing was beyond adorkable. Though the boxers were way too long. But on the positive side they were plaid. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X