Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Heresy!
    Uh Oh there is Heresy afoot, theres only one person to call when you have a Heresy Problem....OH SIR THOMAS!:

(Damn me and my obsession with the Tudors)
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      Oh it will get better how about they cast Justin Bieber as Ford, Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day as McKay, Paris Hilton as Teyla....oh and Ice-T as Ronon

To top the cake....Britney Spears as Keller
      Egads!

Uh Oh there is Heresy afoot, theres only one person to call when you have a Heresy Problem....OH SIR THOMAS!:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...54_468x286.jpg

(Damn me and my obsession with the Tudors)
      Oh no, that'll never do. This sounds more like a job for...

THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

What can I say? Monty Python rules.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll simply be confirmation of what we've all been suspecting for a while. *shrugs* No big loss for us. On to Atlantis Rising!
        Okay, I stay away for a few hours and lunacy breaks out.

Is it just me or does it look like Elizabeth is slapping John and Rodney in the face there? And John seems to be enjoying it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fRTjv5WVW8
          More will always be my ultimate heresy fighter but yes the Spanish Inquistion in Monty Python may have been halirious since it's Monty Python but this SPANISH INQUISITION TOPS THE CAKE:

BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And this surprises you? LOL!

Is it just me or does it look like Elizabeth is slapping John and Rodney in the face there? And John seems to be enjoying it.
            *snickers*

More will always be my ultimate heresy fighter but yes the Spanish Inquistion in Monty Python may have been halirious since it's Monty Python but this SPANISH INQUISITION TOPS THE CAKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oppHeMlaLVM
            Mel Brooks for the win!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just came out of my stupor after spending most of the afternoon working on my SGARising fic. OMG! Such fun. I ran the plot by Mr. SR last night and he gave me just the idea I needed to get over my little brain freeze. Now I'm wondering if we'll have to credit him as a writer. LOL

Boy are they in trouble too. I've found lots of helpful hints by doing research on how to survive in a blizzard. DON'T EAT SNOW! Melt it and drink it. But wait, isn't the name of this episode "To Build A Fire"? There may be a problem here. Hope their canteens hold out.

And John, now he has a problem of a different sort. Maybe the fire is a bit too much for our boy. Gettin' kinda toasty there? What to do. Hmmm?

Oh, and I've done 20 pages. *pats self on back*
              Re-pats Southern Red. This reminded me of a quote from Terry Pratchett (I don't know who that is): Give a man a fire & he's warm for a day, set a man on fire & he's warm for the rest of his life

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              As far as publication--I can honestly say that I'm writing as fast as I can (I have two of the first 3 eppies) but this is hard work, to get everything right. I'm at 16,000 words for RTP alone.

Maybe a slow release for the first few would help--like a five part release per fic? When does SGU's final season set to air? March? Perhaps we can start releasing on a trickle--my first episode should be done and beta'd by then and hopefully I'll have a lot on Trust written (I have a feeling the more character specific eppies should be easier--I'm having to find ways to incorporate everyone into RTP).

Then our later writers will get a better idea of timelines and hopefully everything will start rolling.

One thing we do need is a commitment from someone who's been a writer with us and knows the SGA Rising timeline to commit to write Episode 6. We don't have that, and I know that I can't do it--Primum Movens will take up all my time after Trust.
              I agree with Falcon Horus and The Scary Kitty - write better, not faster. Don't rush it to meet a pre-imposed deadline.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              *glomps thread*

I've missed this place!!! RL came crashing down in a flaming firey pile of crap. Well, not really, it just feels that way!

Yeah, I knew the instant I saw Janet go off world. People start acting a little OOC when something big is about to go down.
              Poor Janet I do think it was one of the best episodes SG-1 ever did (although it'd be much better if the S/J stuff was edited out - it detracted from the plot soooo heavily). The scene with AT & DSD is just so sad. You can tell they're both cut up about TR leaving. I miss Don, he had that mix of both authority and humanity.

And, of course, we all loathe dislike "Sunday" for various reasons, but also, for that little unpleasant dating jaunt Elizabeth took with *blegh*. Maybe she had just had a whole bottle of NyQuil and had no idea what the frak she was doing? Or thought it was John?
              While I don't support Mike/Liz, all I can say is that it's nice to feel wanted

*scratches head with gateraid* I'm trying to figure that one out. Sumner, I get. But Peter? Was it more to motivate everyone to do their best because they liked him so much? Or am I severely missing something?

... must go rewatch S1, S2, S3 ...
              Peter's death was to prove exactly how serious the situation was. As in, holy crap, they just killed a character that wasn't a redshirt, what will happen when the wraith get to Atlantis??? It was heroic really, by staying there to destroy the hive, he would've saved lives back at Atlantis.

*bows* You're welcome. I do rather like Elizabeth's hopeful POV there.
              Yeah. It's more of an addendum to the aired scene, rather than a rewriting, but in this case it actually adds to it

[quote]Epic fail. At the very least, we should have seen him in "The Prodigal," out to kick Michael's ass. Darnit.
              [quote]

Or just simply there with Teyla during a scene with others. If we saw him, he wouldn't be so easy to dismiss

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Super Mario says MEME-TIME!

I just can't get his voice out of my head.

Spoiler:
              Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
              Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
              Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
              Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
              Day 13: A scene that made you blush
              Day 14: Favorite pairing
              Day 15: Least favorite pairing
              Day 16: Favorite season
              Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
              Day 18: Favorite side character
              Day 19: Most annoying side character
              Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
              Day 21: Best quote
              Day 22: Worst quote
              Day 23: Saddest character death
              Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
              Day 25: Favorite kiss
              Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
              Day 27: Funniest screen cap
              Day 28: Favorite enemy
              Day 29: Least favorite enemy
              Day 30: One thing you would change
              Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause

Well, I was in stitches when in Search & Rescue it's up to Rodney to aid Teyla when Torren's coming into the world.

But otherwise, I can't think of a scene really where I laughed so hard... Oh wait, Duet had me in stitches for the better part of the time too.
              I liked the Inferno "hot/smitten" scene, but only because it is a few degrees of seperation away from:

F: So, she was hot?
              M: Phhhwww, I didn't notice. Rodney seemed to think so
              F: Liar.
              M: Anyhow, the Chancellor wants to meet with you
              F: If you're suggesting this, he must be old and crusty?
              M: I'm suggesting it because it's part of my job. I think looks are irrelevant - are you suggesting that you'd only meet with him if he looked like an underwear model?
              F: It'd speed things along, that's for sure

Oh yes, I saw that... thought it was hilarious.
              Thank you I was a little concerned about it

I agree, and that's why there should have been more scenes with Teyla and Elizabeth (and possibly more of the ladies) so that we could have seen more develop. There's no way you can convince me there was nothing over which Elizabeth and Teyla could have bonded more... and have an awesome friendship grow as a result.

But of course, had they been male characters we would have gotten that. Now, not so much.
              Considering they initially had an almost adversarial relationship in the early parts of s1, it's hard to believe that they didn't at least have heart to heart to resolve at least that part of their relationship. You're so right, they had a lot in common to bond over, even if they (the writers) only focused on their friendship as a leadership summit.

Whisper it to me in a PM.
              Done, although it probably wasn't all that surprising

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I am a woman in my 30s with 2 cats (actually had 3 at one point), so I guess I'm that crazy cat lady neighbor that yells "Get off my lawn!"

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause

Spoiler:

"Buck up, Carson!" in Irresistible. Such good acting by PM and JF. JF's facial expressions get me every time. If I can turn my brain off to the ethical issues in that ep, it has some good stuff.... like the flirty end scene, which was alot of fun.

Joanna
              Buck up Carson is probably one of the few saving graces of that ep. It certainly isn't "fly, Lucius, fly" (I wondered why I was interested in SGA at all after that line)

Oh it will get better how about they cast Justin Bieber as Ford, Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day as McKay, Paris Hilton as Teyla....oh and Ice-T as Ronon

To top the cake....Britney Spears as Keller
              Let's have Katie Holmes as Weir, if we're going to go down that path. Minus Tom Cruise.

I know, you and I keep this thread sane When our powers combine, we're unstoppable

I spoke too soon *offers SR a hand to lift herself out of gutter*
              sigpic

Comment

I kind of hate to say this but doesn't Mel Brooks look like Joe Mallozzi? :O
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  Doesn't he? JM's faux-uncle?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Re-pats Southern Red. This reminded me of a quote from Terry Pratchett (I don't know who that is): Give a man a fire & he's warm for a day, set a man on fire & he's warm for the rest of his life
                    *guffaws*

Or just simply there with Teyla during a scene with others. If we saw him, he wouldn't be so easy to dismiss
                    Or be thought of as only Torren's babysitter.

I liked the Inferno "hot/smitten" scene, but only because it is a few degrees of seperation away from:

F: So, she was hot?
                    M: Phhhwww, I didn't notice. Rodney seemed to think so
                    F: Liar.
                    M: Anyhow, the Chancellor wants to meet with you
                    F: If you're suggesting this, he must be old and crusty?
                    M: I'm suggesting it because it's part of my job. I think looks are irrelevant - are you suggesting that you'd only meet with him if he looked like an underwear model?
                    F: It'd speed things along, that's for sure
                    Heheheh...

Let's have Katie Holmes as Weir, if we're going to go down that path. Minus Tom Cruise.
                    *snorts*

I know, you and I keep this thread sane When our powers combine, we're unstoppable
                    Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!

*ducks tomatoes*

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    ZOMG, you did not just say that!

Comment

*guffaws*
                      It's wrong to laugh at that, I know, but dang, it's still funny

Or be thought of as only Torren's babysitter.
                      Ahem (not to you). He must've had a slightly more important role than that. Unless they're saying Teyla is easier to spread than margarine, because if that is the case, then I must've been watching a different show.

Heheheh...
                      Generally it's just "what?! you thought she was pretty?!?.....No. I mean, I didn't notice. She could have been"

*snorts*
                      You ladies probably like TC. I want to punch him - he annoys me greatly. Very very cheesy. Top Gun was great, but everything after that went downhill. Don't get me started on his 'influence' on Katie Holmes.

*ducks tomatoes*
                      I'm showing my inner geek here, but I was thinking more along the lines of Voltron. I don't know what the Wonder Twins are - aside from every males (second) fantasy

ZOMG, you did not just say that!
                      Twas said, then added to
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, now that I've googled them, I need to correct my earlier statement. I thought you meant identical twins
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahh, how can something so wrong feel so right? LOL!

Ahem (not to you). He must've had a slightly more important role than that. Unless they're saying Teyla is easier to spread than margarine, because if that is the case, then I must've been watching a different show.
                          Wasn't it Mallozzi who kept calling him that? Of course, he might have just been trying to be facetious to yank the chains of certain fans, but I digress...

I'm showing my inner geek here, but I was thinking more along the lines of Voltron. I don't know what the Wonder Twins are - aside from every males (second) fantasy
                          Clearly not a comic book geek.

Hmmm, now that I've googled them, I need to correct my earlier statement. I thought you meant identical twins
                          *snorts* Nope. DCverse for the win.

Twas said, then added to
                          I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen.

Anyway, it's time for this little kitty to go to sleep. Nighty-night, all! *waves*

Comment

Egads!

THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

I agree, only ones who can deal with heresy are those guys up there
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

OMG! You must read Terry Pratchett. You will ROTFLing. His site is here. Just start with the first Discworld book or pick any one of them really and you'll be hooked for life.

While I don't support Mike/Liz, all I can say is that it's nice to feel wanted.
                              I always saw Mike as a "type" of John. This is my old English major coming out but in literature there are a number of character descriptions that are used over and over. John is what is known as an "archetype", the original character of that type in the story. Mike is a close copy of John with his charm and the smirk and his teasing of Elizabeth, even down to his comfort invading her office and her personal space. I think he was put there to make us dumb shippers see that a relationship between her and John would never work. It was a not so clever attempt at transference that fell flat as a day old souffle. But that's just my not so expert opinion coming from 40 years of reading and a masters degree in English. I may have woken up a little cranky. Especially now that it's snowing like a 12 letter word.

Considering they initially had an almost adversarial relationship in the early parts of s1, it's hard to believe that they didn't at least have heart to heart to resolve at least that part of their relationship. You're so right, they had a lot in common to bond over, even if they (the writers) only focused on their friendship as a leadership summit.
                              I saw them trying to tell us that Teyla and Elizabeth were friends and they even showed them being "friendly" a couple of times. But, as with a lot of other things, they failed badly.

It looks like the authors of a book I've heard about must have watched that same show because there have been a number of complaints about the way Teyla is written. One even suggested it was an AU version of canon. LOL I can't see how anyone who paid attention to her character would see her as a woman who was loose in any way morally or didn't know her own mind.

You ladies probably like TC. I want to punch him - he annoys me greatly. Very very cheesy. Top Gun was great, but everything after that went downhill. Don't get me started on his 'influence' on Katie Holmes.
                              Ditto. He was once pretty to look at but now is just a joke.

Ahh, how can something so wrong feel so right? LOL!

Wasn't it Mallozzi who kept calling him that? Of course, he might have just been trying to be facetious to yank the chains of certain fans, but I digress...

Clearly not a comic book geek.

*snorts* Nope. DCverse for the win.

I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen.

Anyway, it's time for this little kitty to go to sleep. Nighty-night, all! *waves*
                              JM only referred to Kanaan as the "invisible babysitter" after someone called him that in a comment to the blog. Knowing his sense of humor, he was being extremely sarcastic because just like with other things he thought they did a good job of portraying that relationship and with a mental dust of the hands said Teyla got her happy ending. Well yes, she did. But it would have been fun to see a bit more of it.

Warning: I woke up with a plot bunny. Just a snippet. Tune in later.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thread went down in lunacy, however I do believe the Spanish Inquisition was a good add... it was what I was thinking about.

And it's day 7 today (for me anyway)...

Spoiler:
                                Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                                Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                                Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                                Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                                Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                                Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                                Day 14: Favorite pairing
                                Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                                Day 16: Favorite season
                                Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                                Day 18: Favorite side character
                                Day 19: Most annoying side character
                                Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                                Day 21: Best quote
                                Day 22: Worst quote
                                Day 23: Saddest character death
                                Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                                Day 25: Favorite kiss
                                Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                                Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                                Day 28: Favorite enemy
                                Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                                Day 30: One thing you would change
                                Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real

Quite easy question to answer... not a single one.

I was awe-struck in Rising when the city of Atlantis rises from the bottom of the ocean. I literally had my jaw dropping at the visual effects.

Of course, I really wished Doppelganger hadn't been real, but it was... damn it.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 January 2011, 05:10 AM.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X