No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to post more of my stories on my LJ, because, hey, I can and the people out there like me!

And also for more comments, cause they're like virtual green -- you just can't get enough!

Lantean Cetaceans

Shamelessly wants comments ...

Oh, BTW -- if SR is my Auntie, and Nuna is her lil sis, does that mean I'm Anuna's daughter, or is there another older sister? Cause I'm thinking that if I'm in my 20s and so is Nuna, that just ain't right ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I'm trying to post more of my stories on my LJ, because, hey, I can and the people out there like me!

And also for more comments, cause they're like virtual green -- you just can't get enough!

Lantean Cetaceans

Oh, BTW -- if SR is my Auntie, and Nuna is her lil sis, does that mean I'm Anuna's daughter, or is there another older sister? Cause I'm thinking that if I'm in my 20s and so is Nuna, that just ain't right ...
      You can be my little sis, 'cause 'Nuna is soon to be thirty.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Lantean Cetaceans

Anuna was just being kind. Probie is my daughter and she's in her 20's. My real life son is 33, so basically all of you are my kids. And no, I didn't have him when I was 12. Unfortunately. But I can still be your auntie.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy First Pretty Friday of 2011!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Wow. I didn't think I could like that scene more. It's so full of hope, even more than the aired verson was. Thank you
          *bows* You're welcome. I do rather like Elizabeth's hopeful POV there.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I think we need to either get something up ASAP or do a bit more PR by posting more on the blog or giving little excerpts. We are going to lose people.
          Agreed. I posted an alert on the SGA Rising Twitter about the new blog post, but it looks like no one's responded.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I agree, The Kindred and Rachel's performance totally sold me on the T/K ship and I was honestly extremely skeptical that it would. I didn't go in wanting to like the ship, but I believed her when she had her scenes with Kanaan (though I did agree that we were all blindsided by that one a bit). But on-screen, with him, she really did do a great job of showing devotion.

It just stunk they couldn't give us more in S5. Like, it's sad that it's hard to remember which episode Kanaan was in with her in S5. It should be the reverse, that he popped up in so many episodes it is hard to remember 'where he did what' rather than he popped up so few times we can't remember the one or two he was in at all. =\ /fail
          Epic fail. At the very least, we should have seen him in "The Prodigal," out to kick Michael's ass. Darnit.

I'd love to do an update. Next week works for me.
          Let me know when you do, so I can post an alert to our followers on Twitter!

I was thinking that's how we plan to proceed. Release the first 2 probably and then wait a bit.
          I think so, too. I'd like to release both parts of RTP at once, as a sort of special event akin to how "Rising" was originally aired as a two-hour movie.

As far as publication--I can honestly say that I'm writing as fast as I can (I have two of the first 3 eppies) but this is hard work, to get everything right. I'm at 16,000 words for RTP alone.

Maybe a slow release for the first few would help--like a five part release per fic? When does SGU's final season set to air? March? Perhaps we can start releasing on a trickle--my first episode should be done and beta'd by then and hopefully I'll have a lot on Trust written (I have a feeling the more character specific eppies should be easier--I'm having to find ways to incorporate everyone into RTP).

Then our later writers will get a better idea of timelines and hopefully everything will start rolling.

One thing we do need is a commitment from someone who's been a writer with us and knows the SGA Rising timeline to commit to write Episode 6. We don't have that, and I know that I can't do it--Primum Movens will take up all my time after Trust.
          Hmm, I might be willing to take on Episode 6. Once I get RTP2 out of the way, I don't have anything to do until Episode 19, so I'd be available.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Ehm excuse the OT, but I just got a follow request from E. J Olmos on Twitter. *diez*
          You are officially The Cool One.

Gee, where does that put me in the SparkyFanFamily hierarchy?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy First Pretty Friday of 2011!

*bows* You're welcome. I do rather like Elizabeth's hopeful POV there.

Agreed. I posted an alert on the SGA Rising Twitter about the new blog post, but it looks like no one's responded.

Epic fail. At the very least, we should have seen him in "The Prodigal," out to kick Michael's ass. Darnit.

Let me know when you do, so I can post an alert to our followers on Twitter!

I think so, too. I'd like to release both parts of RTP at once, as a sort of special event akin to how "Rising" was originally aired as a two-hour movie.

Hmm, I might be willing to take on Episode 6. Once I get RTP2 out of the way, I don't have anything to do until Episode 19, so I'd be available.

You are officially The Cool One.

Gee, where does that put me in the SparkyFanFamily hierarchy?
            Wanna be my naughty twin?

Comment

Wanna be my naughty twin?
              Heck yeah! That'll so work!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So SR is my mom, Anuna and SK are my crazy aunts. SW is my cousin........Love it
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yep. I'm the crazy aunt with all the cats. (even though I don't actually have any cats... do stuffed toys count?) AHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    So SR is my mom, Anuna and SK are my crazy aunts. SW is my cousin........Love it
                    There you go!

Comment

There you go!
                      Works for me. As long as Mr. SR doesn't have to support all of you. I guess some would see us as a dysfunctional family. LOL

Oh dear, we have a number of lovely lurkers. Yes, we are always this crazy. Why do you ask? Come out of lurkerdom and join us. You know you want to.

Since Joe has been so kind to us lately, can we make him the suave handsome uncle who comes to visit and brings presents? Can we? Huh? And Torri is the slightly kooky but glamorous aunt who is always jetting around the world and doing exotic things.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Don't forget I am the Crazy Dirty Minded Cousin
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Super Mario says MEME-TIME!

I just can't get his voice out of my head.

Spoiler:
                          Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
                          Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                          Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                          Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                          Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                          Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                          Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                          Day 14: Favorite pairing
                          Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                          Day 16: Favorite season
                          Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                          Day 18: Favorite side character
                          Day 19: Most annoying side character
                          Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                          Day 21: Best quote
                          Day 22: Worst quote
                          Day 23: Saddest character death
                          Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                          Day 25: Favorite kiss
                          Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                          Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                          Day 28: Favorite enemy
                          Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                          Day 30: One thing you would change
                          Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause

Well, I was in stitches when in Search & Rescue it's up to Rodney to aid Teyla when Torren's coming into the world.

But otherwise, I can't think of a scene really where I laughed so hard... Oh wait, Duet had me in stitches for the better part of the time too.

It lowers the body temp. Gateraid is correct.
                          Ah... must remember that one.

Note to self: don't eat snow and don't lick iron handles when it's freezing.

Broken Ties has several nice ones.
                          Broken Ties - that's the one I meant, exactly that scene. Thank you!
                          Saved the images for later use. One never knows.

This one It's not really my OT3
                          Oh yes, I saw that... thought it was hilarious.

Another good example of chemistry. Even if you subscribe to the friendship only side of things, there's nobody else Teyla is that relaxed/unguarded with, not even Elizabeth. Carson comes close (even Ronon in later eps) but the dynamic just isn't the same.
                          I agree, and that's why there should have been more scenes with Teyla and Elizabeth (and possibly more of the ladies) so that we could have seen more develop. There's no way you can convince me there was nothing over which Elizabeth and Teyla could have bonded more... and have an awesome friendship grow as a result.

But of course, had they been male characters we would have gotten that. Now, not so much.

I had something to say about that pairing and the novels, but I don't want to offer two reasons for thread moderation within the same post
                          Whisper it to me in a PM.

How about this: my parents must be amazing to still be married after thirty five years. Even if neither of them can remember their anniversary

Related OT

Spoiler:
                          I'm not kidding. A few years back, Mum was opening the mail. Somebody had sent a "happy 30th anniversary card". Mum said "aw, ****, it's our anniversary today". It's that type of romance that has stood the test of time. Yep.
                          Aw, that's actually cute... I don't know why but it's definitely adorkable.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          The scene went on for a little longer... *digs out book*

<snipped the text>

In case anyone was wondering, the novelization was written by Sally Malcolm, who also wrote the script for the Weir-centric audio drama, "A Necessary Evil." Malcolm is totally a Weir fan.
                          Hey, that's actually a cool ending. Though the one in place in the show is good too... it sorta gives that what's-yet-to-come-feel when the camera tracks back and shows the people, the city and the ocean.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships

rather than talking about them i rather show them.
                          Pretty!

It just stunk they couldn't give us more in S5. Like, it's sad that it's hard to remember which episode Kanaan was in with her in S5. It should be the reverse, that he popped up in so many episodes it is hard to remember 'where he did what' rather than he popped up so few times we can't remember the one or two he was in at all. =\ /fail
                          WORD!!!

As far as publication--I can honestly say that I'm writing as fast as I can (I have two of the first 3 eppies) but this is hard work, to get everything right.
                          This might make me unpopular with the impatient ones...

BUT I think you should not want to release them too early. You know, cause it should be done right and not half-assed.

But that's just my opinion and if that requires us to wait that little bit longer... you know, I don't mind.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Works for me. As long as Mr. SR doesn't have to support all of you. I guess some would see us as a dysfunctional family. LOL

Oh dear, we have a number of lovely lurkers. Yes, we are always this crazy. Why do you ask? Come out of lurkerdom and join us. You know you want to.

Since Joe has been so kind to us lately, can we make him the suave handsome uncle who comes to visit and brings presents? Can we? Huh? And Torri is the slightly kooky but glamorous aunt who is always jetting around the world and doing exotic things.
                            Yo! If by presents you mean "beer" and if we get lots and lots of exotic postcards.... I'm totally in

Comment

Yo! If by presents you mean "beer" and if we get lots and lots of exotic postcards.... I'm totally in
                              Me too!!
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

So apparently next week there's going to be announcement on the "future" of the Stargate franchise. According to JM blog.

Comment

Working...
                                X