Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Heheheh... Figured you'd like that! :d

Gah! Teyla and Kanaan look so darn stinkin' CUTE there! And there's this shot from BT... Lookit Teyla's smile! She's so happy!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=742&pos=1433

Rachel's performance totally sold me on Teyla/Kanaan. Just like Joe's woobie!John face in S4-5 kept selling even the non-shippers on Sheppard/Weir.

You're a bad, baaaad girl. Me likey!

gateraid is correct, we have not set a date yet, and probably will not do so until after we get a look at the SGU/SGA crossover. Since we don't know when that's going to air, well, there it is.
    I think we need to either get something up ASAP or do a bit more PR by posting more on the blog or giving little excerpts. We are going to lose people.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I've always liked the Rising balcony pics. At the end (as illustrated by your pic) they look like two (I hesitate to use the word) adversaries finding common ground, even respecting each other a little.

So how did it end in the novelisation?

The irony is that it is me saying this, but this is a PG forum. I'm not sure what PG is, I have a hard time determining where the line is

Or when it's written, I'd imagine that they'd wait til they had at least half a season written (or ready to be rolled out in order). **** patience, I want it now! This is probably the longest I've waited for anything

Oddly, s4 sold me on both of those ships. The expressions in Kindred (RL/TE) and TMC (JF/JS). Season five, not so much. Seeing T/K in s4 really makes me wonder what the actors were told about J/T. Surely if they thought that was 'the' ship, they would've put the same performances into it?
    From what I hear the actors got virtually nothing after being told she would be a possible love interest for John. RL said in an interview that she and Joe never talked about it. I find that very strange if that was the ship they were promoting. I get the feeling that TPTB were ignoring it until they decided to suddenly spring it on us like they did with Kanaan. Those guys just didn't believe in doing anything gradually. LOL Meanwhile Sparky just sailed on all by its little old self.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      I got another sparky smut preview for you guys behind the spoiler:

Spoiler:
      snipped for rated content

Oh don't you just love it when Elizabeth has the power!
      Hey sweet,

I'm really sad to say, but I think putting text like this in the thread could get us all into trouble. As gateraid said, this is PG rated forum. That means - if I'm not mistaken - that all content put in the threads should be safe for underage people to read. It's okay to post a link to a smut story, adding the proper warning and rating to it (example: warning - smut/explicit, M rated etc.); but we are not allowed to post smut itself into the thread. I'm sure you don't want to get us all modded, and putting the text behind spoiler tabs just won't do. We will gladly read your fic, just make sure you put a link here when you're done, and add the proper warnings so nobody gets hurt.

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I just came out of my stupor after spending most of the afternoon working on my SGARising fic. OMG! Such fun. I ran the plot by Mr. SR last night and he gave me just the idea I needed to get over my little brain freeze. Now I'm wondering if we'll have to credit him as a writer. LOL

Boy are they in trouble too. I've found lots of helpful hints by doing research on how to survive in a blizzard. DON'T EAT SNOW! Melt it and drink it. But wait, isn't the name of this episode "To Build A Fire"? There may be a problem here. Hope their canteens hold out.

And John, now he has a problem of a different sort. Maybe the fire is a bit too much for our boy. Gettin' kinda toasty there? What to do. Hmmm?

Oh, and I've done 20 pages. *pats self on back*
        WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Wanna do a blog update? I did one recently but we could use another one, maybe next week?

Heheheh... Figured you'd like that! :d

Gah! Teyla and Kanaan look so darn stinkin' CUTE there! And there's this shot from BT... Lookit Teyla's smile! She's so happy!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=742&pos=1433

Rachel's performance totally sold me on Teyla/Kanaan. Just like Joe's woobie!John face in S4-5 kept selling even the non-shippers on Sheppard/Weir.

You're a bad, baaaad girl. Me likey!

gateraid is correct, we have not set a date yet, and probably will not do so until after we get a look at the SGU/SGA crossover. Since we don't know when that's going to air, well, there it is.
        I agree, The Kindred and Rachel's performance totally sold me on the T/K ship and I was honestly extremely skeptical that it would. I didn't go in wanting to like the ship, but I believed her when she had her scenes with Kanaan (though I did agree that we were all blindsided by that one a bit). But on-screen, with him, she really did do a great job of showing devotion.

It just stunk they couldn't give us more in S5. Like, it's sad that it's hard to remember which episode Kanaan was in with her in S5. It should be the reverse, that he popped up in so many episodes it is hard to remember 'where he did what' rather than he popped up so few times we can't remember the one or two he was in at all. =\ /fail
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I think we need to either get something up ASAP or do a bit more PR by posting more on the blog or giving little excerpts. We are going to lose people.
          You could always release the first few (no rush, just when they're done) on a slower schedule - say, one a month - so that later eps still have time to be written, and then speed up the release schedule later on. But again, I'm assuming this will be mid year or later.

From what I hear the actors got virtually nothing after being told she would be a possible love interest for John. RL said in an interview that she and Joe never talked about it. I find that very strange if that was the ship they were promoting. I get the feeling that TPTB were ignoring it until they decided to suddenly spring it on us like they did with Kanaan. Those guys just didn't believe in doing anything gradually. LOL Meanwhile Sparky just sailed on all by its little old self.
          The thing I find interesting there is possible love interest. It's hard to sell possible convincingly.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Wanna do a blog update? I did one recently but we could use another one, maybe next week?
            I'd love to do an update. Next week works for me.

I agree, The Kindred and Rachel's performance totally sold me on the T/K ship and I was honestly extremely skeptical that it would. I didn't go in wanting to like the ship, but I believed her when she had her scenes with Kanaan (though I did agree that we were all blindsided by that one a bit). But on-screen, with him, she really did do a great job of showing devotion.

It just stunk they couldn't give us more in S5. Like, it's sad that it's hard to remember which episode Kanaan was in with her in S5. It should be the reverse, that he popped up in so many episodes it is hard to remember 'where he did what' rather than he popped up so few times we can't remember the one or two he was in at all. =\ /fail
            All that. At the risk of getting modded for mentioning another ship, I will just say we definitely needed more of T/K.

You could always release the first few (no rush, just when they're done) on a slower schedule - say, one a month - so that later eps still have time to be written, and then speed up the release schedule later on. But again, I'm assuming this will be mid year or later.

The thing I find interesting there is possible love interest. It's hard to sell possible convincingly.
            I was thinking that's how we plan to proceed. Release the first 2 probably and then wait a bit.

Okay, Day 5: your favorite pics of your ship. Mine tend to be a bit more subtle than most and interestingly enough a lot involve John looking at her with his heart in his eyes. I don't think she ever did that very much.

Spoiler:

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there and give someone else a chance to post theirs.

Also, since pics of our ship ought to include actors too, I've got these cutest pics evah!

Spoiler:

We need a bigger one of that last one. And I don't have one of what actually came next...hee.
            sigpic

Comment

As far as publication--I can honestly say that I'm writing as fast as I can (I have two of the first 3 eppies) but this is hard work, to get everything right. I'm at 16,000 words for RTP alone.

Maybe a slow release for the first few would help--like a five part release per fic? When does SGU's final season set to air? March? Perhaps we can start releasing on a trickle--my first episode should be done and beta'd by then and hopefully I'll have a lot on Trust written (I have a feeling the more character specific eppies should be easier--I'm having to find ways to incorporate everyone into RTP).

Then our later writers will get a better idea of timelines and hopefully everything will start rolling.

One thing we do need is a commitment from someone who's been a writer with us and knows the SGA Rising timeline to commit to write Episode 6. We don't have that, and I know that I can't do it--Primum Movens will take up all my time after Trust.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*glomps thread*

I've missed this place!!! RL came crashing down in a flaming firey pile of crap. Well, not really, it just feels that way!

I'm coming dangerously close to actually doing this meme

Sunday was a strange ep. I thought I wanted it (a character based ep) but when I got it, it turned out it actually wasn't. Sounds like every arguement I've ever had with women, except in reverse No? Okay, fine

They did a good job of dialling up the tension. By the time they had the scene in Weir's office, I was really nervous because I could see what was going to happen (also, I agreed with her - this is insane). Usually you can spot a character death in Stargate a mile away, because that character gets a lot of focus prior to it. Take Janet's death in Heroes. I had zero spoilers for SG1 prior to s10, so there was no way for me to know she was going to meet her maker. But she had so much screen time (in a way that really made you appreciate her) in Heroes I that I got a sinking feeling, which was confirmed as soon as I saw Carter in tears in Heroes II.

So while I 'liked' the ep, I think it illustrates an inherent flaw in the writing of the show (if we are to take what they say at face value). MG gets half way through it, then realises that Carson has to die? What? A regular? It's no wonder they can't write an arc if the end result of a standalone ep is that a regular cast member is written out (in the second worst possible way - death dream claims the title) on a whim, instead of rewriting the ep. It's another indictment that they needed an entire character based ep, instead of incorporating small moments in other eps *shakes fist*

That ended up by being quite OT
                Yeah, I knew the instant I saw Janet go off world. People start acting a little OOC when something big is about to go down.

And, of course, we all loathe dislike "Sunday" for various reasons, but also, for that little unpleasant dating jaunt Elizabeth took with *blegh*. Maybe she had just had a whole bottle of NyQuil and had no idea what the frak she was doing? Or thought it was John?

Heh. Ranting, sorry. Back on topic.

Irresponsible was so boring I fell asleep during it and didn't bother to watch the end. It wasn't until I looked online afterwards (note that I didn't bother to rewatch the dvd) that I realised Kolya was even in it On second viewing, some good team moments, but Koyla deserved a seperate ep.

As for Sunday, yes we do smash cans on our heads. A good trick is to stand on the can (with one foot), then lean down and tap the can so it collapses - without getting your fingers.
                There's also opening bottles (not twist tops, obviously) with our teeth. And cellphones. And benches. And car keys. If you're good, you can open one bottle with another one (hard to explain w/o a diagram).
                : "We're manly men!"

*segues into "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"*

Again, OT.

At the very least, Peter Grodin's death actually served a purpose. He and Sumner were probably the only ones *scratches head* that actually furthered the plot through death.
                *scratches head with gateraid* I'm trying to figure that one out. Sumner, I get. But Peter? Was it more to motivate everyone to do their best because they liked him so much? Or am I severely missing something?

... must go rewatch S1, S2, S3 ...

I would also add that that is true of Teyla too. She didn't agree with any of their 'Michael' decisions, and told them as much, but stuck with them because she believed in what they were doing (overall). It's actually true of all of them (even Rodney, even though he'd b**** & whine about it), and something that should be admired.
                It's probably why they made such a good team.

No really

God I want to pet that hair!
                Ooh, mee too!!!

Any way you look at it, she pulled a Spock.
                Thank goodness. That means she'll be around for the next twenty years, and even survive the AU timeline reset. Phew.
                ROFL!!! Heck, yes!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                well speaking of 20 years. you guys ever thought about doing a "what if" episode? set in the future?
                I am actually borrowing the story line from the movie "Paycheck" with Ben Affleck and Aaron Echart (??? on spelling) where they invent, literally, a crystal ball, but Atlantis encounters a similar device but you can change events that you see happen, then change the outcome. Dunno, fic bunnies are on hiatus from new ideas, so I am safe for now.

*fic bunnies grin with sharp teeth*

Guys, stop imitating "Monty Python" ...

Pic Fic Time

[IMG]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/StargatesLorne/echoes20.jpg

: Remember John not a word to anyone about what we just did in my office.
                : Don't worry no one will no.

[IMG]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/StargatesLorne/echoes21.jpg

: Oh god It's McKay *begins walking quickly*
                : Way to make it more obvious *thinks* especially the way you are walking makes your behind look nice.
                : Elizabeth, Sheppard, I hope you had a nice little private ride on the Ferris Wheel.

[IMG]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/StargatesLorne/echoes24.jpg

: *mumbles and rolls his eyes* busted
                : I beg your pardon Dr. McKay, but whatever that dirty mind of yours is assuming unassume it.
                : Oh come on I don't know how you two are making it more obvious....you being flustered and violently denying it or that S**t eating grin on Sheppard's face.

Wha-oh. Got some housework to take care of. Will be back with my meme later. Cause I've fallen behind. Bad girl.

Comment

Ehm excuse the OT, but I just got a follow request from E. J Olmos on Twitter. *diez*

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Ehm excuse the OT, but I just got a follow request from E. J Olmos on Twitter. *diez*
                    Wow, now you are definitely one of the cool girls.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, now you are definitely one of the cool girls.
                      I am! Well, he does follow four thousand people, but come on! He followed me back! Yayyyyyy!

Comment

I am! Well, he does follow four thousand people, but come on! He followed me back! Yayyyyyy!
                        Could I bow to thee your majesty of cool (you know I am in awe of you right?)
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          : "We're manly men!"

*segues into "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"*
                          Oh god imagine they broke out into song like that. Next thing we're gonna see is an alternate reality where everyone in SGA bursts out into song. Here are some of the music numbers

Elizabeth to John: Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar and Then The World is Not Enough by Garbage
                          John featuring the boys from SGA: Fortune Favors The Brave from the Broadway Show Aida
                          McKay: Basketcase by Green Day
                          Ronon: The Animal I've Become by Three Days Grace
                          Kolya featuring some Genii: In The Dark of The Night from Anastasia or Be Prepared from the Lion King
                          Teyla: Colors of the Wind by Pochahantos
                          Beckett: I'm Not Okay I Promise by My Chemical Romance
                          John To Elizabeth: I Want You to Want Me

BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Could I bow to thee your majesty of cool (you know I am in awe of you right?)
                            Oh, you don't have to be, really! Seems like EJM is one very polite guy who follows back people who follow him. Seems like you should be more in awe of him, then!

Comment

Oh wow. That is very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Oh wow. That is very cool!
                                EJM is super cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X