No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You the initals of The Last Man are confusing me...TLM are kinda my intials too
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I always wished they would do more with that also. And who knows if they wouldn't have in S6? I think they might have been setting up the Keller/Hoffan virus scenario with McKeller but I doubt they would have gotten rid of her. They would probably have Carson find a cure. I noticed in TLM that Carson was never mentioned which since they had just found him was a definite oversight.
      I think you're right about a 'Keller getting sick from the virus but not dying' scenario; we could certainly play off something like that in our Season 7.

But if John and Teyla were still around, Ronon wouldn't want to leave so that takes that scenario out of the equation.
      On the other hand, we've seen Ronon leave even when John and Teyla were around, in Season 4's Reunion. If he was presented with a compelling reason to leave Atlantis, who knows what might happen? Hmm...

They definitely had more continuity with that ep than any other I remember. All through S5 John was giving McKeller little looks that made me think he was remembering TLM. Not that he was jealous like some think. LOL
      *snerks*

One big thing they dropped the ball on though was Michael's obsession with Torren. We never found out what that was all about. Maybe Kanaan knows. Hmm?
      I just figured the obsession was with getting Torren's genetic double dose of the Wraith sensing ability so Michael could use it to improve his army of hybrids.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      You the initals of The Last Man are confusing me...TLM are kinda my intials too
      Hey, don't blame us, we didn't pick that name.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hey, don't blame us, we didn't pick that name.
        Oh I know!
        BALCONIES
        sigpic

Comment

A little Sparky humor in honor of Joe's Bday

Oh happy birthday John!

Does this mean I get a nice birthday kiss?
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Oh I know!

A little Sparky humor in honor of Joe's Bday

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...unkage/088.jpg

Oh happy birthday John!

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...unkage/087.jpg

Does this mean I get a nice birthday kiss?
            : Maybe. Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

: VERY happy, Elizabeth.

: Thought so.

*They immediately start snogging each other senseless in the middle of the gateroom*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

: Maybe. Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

: VERY happy, Elizabeth.

: Thought so.

*They immediately start snogging each other senseless in the middle of the gateroom*
              : *thinks as he smiles like a kid in a candy store* Happy freaking birthday to me! SCORE!
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

*hauls the questions along*

Spoiler:
                Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
                Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
                Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
                Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                Day 14: Favorite pairing
                Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                Day 16: Favorite season
                Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                Day 18: Favorite side character
                Day 19: Most annoying side character
                Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                Day 21: Best quote
                Day 22: Worst quote
                Day 23: Saddest character death
                Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                Day 25: Favorite kiss
                Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                Day 28: Favorite enemy
                Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                Day 30: One thing you would change
                Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill

Not so much a character as simply an entire race -> the replicators.

Now, don't get me wrong - I can think of a character or two I wouldn't mind Kolya having a bit of fun with before finishing them off, but that would probably get me yet another warning and one today is more than enough (Happy birthday me! ).

I just never understood why they had to bring in the replicators in the first place. Wasn't the Pegasus galaxy big enough to create a whole new race that could threaten them in some way. Oh wait, we had the Wraith and the Genii... they could have done something with them. Especially the Genii... Wasted opportunity, I guess.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE, PAUL and our very own FALCON HORUS!!!!
                Originally posted by Probie View Post
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCON!!!!!!
                Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Happy birthday to Joe, Paul, Falcon Horus, and Anuna tomorrow, I think
                Happy Birthday FH!
                HAPPY BDAY FH!
                ...and a very Happy Birthday to Joe, Paul, and our darling Falcon Horus!
                Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Oh! Happy Birthday to Falcon Horus & Joe & Paul! Hope they have a fantastic day!
                Thank you all!

I should be the wacky cousin in this family!
                I'll take the position of the pet... lemming.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Questions:

Day 3: An episode you hate

And y'all expecting me to say Doppelganger cause of what happened to Kate, but nope that's not it.

I don't really have an episode that I truly hate. There are a few that I don't overly like, but hate not so much. The Irr's come to mind. Lucius Lavin was a horrible story-line to play with, especially with the few ethical issues such as date-rape, but on a whole the whole team was involved in some way... and considering how that became a rarity in later seasons, I'd have to be glad they were still somewhat together in that time.

But I don't outright hate an episode - just don't like a few very much.
                  Happy Birthday to you, Falcon Horus! There aren't any Kate icons for me to use for you. Hmm... Not right!

Your Lucius comment brings me into my...

Lucius. Although Irresistible has some good moments in it, I can never get over the fact that Lucius is essentially a serial rapist. And he was going after Teyla and Elizabeth. If Kolya had killed him in Irresponsible, it would have made that episode at least bearable for me.

As for Sunday, yes we do smash cans on our heads. A good trick is to stand on the can (with one foot), then lean down and tap the can so it collapses - without getting your fingers.
                  There's also opening bottles (not twist tops, obviously) with our teeth. And cellphones. And benches. And car keys. If you're good, you can open one bottle with another one (hard to explain w/o a diagram).
                  With your teeth? Aren't you afraid a tooth will fall out?! I am ashamed to say I spent a good 10 minutes at work staring into space trying to figure out the logistics of the one bottle opening another thing.

Comment

On your bday FH? How rude! Ps I am again not surprised on ur position In the sparky fam
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

No really

God I want to pet that hair!
                      Speaking as someone who has had that done to them recently, it's not as fun as you might think. Maybe it depends on the person doing it.

Speaking of The Last Man, I'm rather keen to explore more of the possibilities proposed in that possible future. We saw a few things that happened in TLM also happen in the main timeline (Carter getting command of the Phoenix General Hammond, Woolsey taking command of Atlantis, and McKay and Keller getting together), and sure, the first two may have happened because Amanda Tapping decided not to come back for S5, but they were verrrry interesting coincidences. Keller even made note of it in The Seed, but after that, the issue seemed to vanish. I'd certainly like to play with it some more.
                      I don't believe them - they must've had an inkling that AT mightn't be coming back in s5. Perhaps they thought she was only going to be there for half a season? It's too big a coincidence otherwise. Although, what did Carter do for the rest of the year (she just says she was 'off world' when General Hammond died)? McKeller was just foreshadowing because they'd forgotten to do it in the main timeline

You can be the wacky cousin. Now we need a crazy aunt we keep in the attic. And that weird uncle who does magic tricks and gives noogies.
                      I don't know about uncle, but I am amply weird

I always wished they would do more with that also. And who knows if they wouldn't have in S6? I think they might have been setting up the Keller/Hoffan virus scenario with McKeller but I doubt they would have gotten rid of her. They would probably have Carson find a cure. I noticed in TLM that Carson was never mentioned which since they had just found him was a definite oversight.
                      Considering Carson was in a stasis pod the last we heard of him, that was a pretty big oversight. What, did Rodney just take him out and put Shep back in *headdesk* If Keller had gotten sick, it would've been a great use of Carson to cure her, given that he was supposedly a whizz geneticist. It also would've made more sense for Carson to be the one dealing with the retrovirus, instead of the eps he was given.

They definitely had more continuity with that ep than any other I remember. All through S5 John was giving McKeller little looks that made me think he was remembering TLM. Not that he was jealous like some think. LOL One big thing they dropped the ball on though was Michael's obsession with Torren. We never found out what that was all about. Maybe Kanaan knows. Hmm?
                      Surprisingly, there was a lot of continuity. It was probably the first time they'd sat down and wondered what the show might look like five or ten years from now

Do I want to know why John was jealous of McKeller? The Torren thing never made any sense to me at all. If Michael can create an entire race of hybrids, a race of mutant bugs, clone a human being, and presumably give himself the ATA gene (or whomever was flying the jumper in Prodigal and S & R), then why is one baby so important?

I think you're right about a 'Keller getting sick from the virus but not dying' scenario; we could certainly play off something like that in our Season 7.
                      I'm sure there are Keller whumpers out there somewhere *shrugs*

On the other hand, we've seen Ronon leave even when John and Teyla were around, in Season 4's Reunion. If he was presented with a compelling reason to leave Atlantis, who knows what might happen? Hmm...
                      Maybe he has to go on a mission with the Genii, and actually likes their way of doing things, and is made an offer?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      *hauls the questions along*

Spoiler:
                      Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
                      Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
                      Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
                      Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
                      Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                      Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                      Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
                      Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
                      Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                      Day 14: Favorite pairing
                      Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                      Day 16: Favorite season
                      Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                      Day 18: Favorite side character
                      Day 19: Most annoying side character
                      Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                      Day 21: Best quote
                      Day 22: Worst quote
                      Day 23: Saddest character death
                      Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                      Day 25: Favorite kiss
                      Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                      Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                      Day 28: Favorite enemy
                      Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                      Day 30: One thing you would change
                      Day 31: How it should have ended

Not so much a character as simply an entire race -> the replicators.

Now, don't get me wrong - I can think of a character or two I wouldn't mind Kolya having a bit of fun with before finishing them off, but that would probably get me yet another warning and one today is more than enough (Happy birthday me! ).

I just never understood why they had to bring in the replicators in the first place. Wasn't the Pegasus galaxy big enough to create a whole new race that could threaten them in some way. Oh wait, we had the Wraith and the Genii... they could have done something with them. Especially the Genii... Wasted opportunity, I guess.
                      Good answer. I liked Progeny, but after that I never got the sense they were a threat. And that whole ascension thing made no sense to me. They could have played up the interchangable friend/foe with the Genii a lot more than they did.

I'll take the position of the pet... lemming.
                      sigpic

Comment

Falcon Horus! And Joe and Paul!
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Happy Birthday to you, Falcon Horus! There aren't any Kate icons for me to use for you. Hmm... Not right!
                          Thank you!

Wait, let me see what I can dig up...

Spoiler:
                          There's the Halloween-Kate theme:

There's the Psychologist-Kate theme:

There's the Kate/Teyla-Love theme:

There's the Girls-are-awesome-theme (though missing Elizabeth in that image):

And then there's just Kate:

Credit goes to the awesome Goddess of Smiley-making, GW's own Zuz.

On your bday FH? How rude!
                          Yup.

I am again not surprised on ur position In the sparky fam
                          *giggles*

There's even a plate they can hang on the fence gate...

Spoiler:
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Your Lucius comment brings me into my...

Lucius. Although Irresistible has some good moments in it, I can never get over the fact that Lucius is essentially a serial rapist. And he was going after Teyla and Elizabeth. If Kolya had killed him in Irresponsible, it would have made that episode at least bearable for me.
                            For some reason, I had an image of Kolya managing to get into the gateroom, only to fall in love with Lucius

With your teeth? Aren't you afraid a tooth will fall out?! I am ashamed to say I spent a good 10 minutes at work staring into space trying to figure out the logistics of the one bottle opening another thing.
                            Nah, I don't rip it out like some do, I only do that as a last resort, and kinda peel it open to avoid damage. The two bottle thing involves one being upside down, and being twisted against the upright one. The spatula, or fish slice, is a great one at a BBQ, although the inexperienced can fire the entire top of the bottle (glass included) across the lawn.
                            sigpic

Comment

For some reason, I had an image of Kolya managing to get into the gateroom, only to fall in love with Lucius
                              Now that's what I'd read!!!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Now that's what I'd read!!!
                                Kolya: Lucius, the Genii are at your disposal, ready to cater to your every whim. And I mean every whim

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X