Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And once again John proves what a hopeless romantic he is. I love mistletoe stories and didn't see any obvious errors so no worries on the grammar.
    Thanks on both accounts.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

DAMMIT! Did you guys read the news about the Atlantis movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        I heard. Can't say I'm surprised. I think this just makes it all the more imperative that we kick ass and take names with Atlantis Rising. The fans deserve a Season 6 that doesn't insult their intelligence.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Remember that wee bit of fic I mentioned a couple of pages back... yeah, the one that could maybe potentially possibly have some form of Sparky in there...

I tried to coaxe the muse into some form of cooperation and this is the result:

There's a hint of Laura C./Carson B. (blink and you'll probably miss it), a hint of pre-relationship Kate H./Teyla E. (my primary pairing in SGA fandom), and a bit of established Sparky (otherwise I'd have no reason to post it here ).

There's a tree, the Pegasus variety of mistletoe, probably some grammar and spelling mistakes (all mine - I'm not a native speaker), 965 words in total... and that's about it, I think.

Spoiler:
        Kate glanced up at the tree currently being decorated in the cafeteria. It had been cut down on the main land earlier, or so she had heard, and brought in dangling from the underside of a jumper. Laura had dragged her out of her office and all the way down to admire its beauty and splendor. She had tried to tell the lieutenant that she had work to do but the younger woman had just ignored that particular detail.

So, there she was and had been for the past hour or so. People had come and gone, and several of the Athosians who were on Atlantis had lingered and asked questions about what had so many of the expedition in high spirits. As soon as they learned about the how’s and why’s a few had wandered off again, but most had stayed to help.

“Good afternoon, Kate.”

Kate turned to find Colonel Sheppard standing by her side, admiring the tall tree.

“How’s it going?” He gestured towards the work in progress.

“According to Laura they’re on schedule.” She glanced from the tree back to him. “Though, I don’t quite know what she meant by that.” Kate frowned in doubt.

“I do not believe you have much to worry about.” Teyla appeared on her other side. “From what Elizabeth has told me, decorating trees is not at all difficult.”

“Depends on the person doing the decorating.” Kate stated matter-of-factly.

John tilted his head a little, curiously glancing at the psychologist.

“Don’t ask.” She shook her head. “You really don’t want to know.”

“Maybe I do.” He grinned.

“No, you really don’t.” Kate turned on her heels, stalking off in the direction of the doorway, seemingly hurt by John’s playful teasing.

Teyla and John glanced at each other in confusion before he gestured her to follow the other woman in order to do some damage control, if at all still possible.

Teyla caught Kate at the door, where they managed to avoid a head on collision with Elizabeth who entered from the other side.

“Kate, are you alright?” Teyla touched Kate’s arm where she had grabbed fabric earlier to pull her out of Elizabeth’s way.

“I’m sorry.” Kate dropped her head a little, keeping herself from staring at the Athosian in front of her. “It’s just that decorating the tree always lead to drama in our family.” Teyla tilted her head a little, confused about what exactly Kate meant. “My parents had differing opinions on how the tree should look, which would lead to endless decorating and redecorating. And my sister and I were never really allowed to help.” Kate sighed.

“Maybe Laura could use another hand?” Teyla suggested.

“No.” Kate shook her head. “I don’t want to get in her way.”

Teyla grinned as she glanced from the tree to Kate and back to the tree. “I do not believe you could be more in her way than Carson already is.”

Kate followed Teyla’s gaze and noticed how Laura had bumped into Carson while he was obviously trying to smuggle a decoration of his own on one of the tree’s branches. They couldn’t see Laura’s reaction to the object but by the looks of Carson’s shocked retreat they could only guess that she wasn’t particularly happy with whatever he had tried to get into the tree. They were barely able to contain an amused giggle when Laura seemingly realized what she had done, followed Carson and dragged him back to the tree, offering him the spot again. He reluctantly pulled the item from his pocket and gently placed it on one of the branches.

“Excuse me ladies.” Kate and Teyla’s attention was drawn towards John standing to the side, Elizabeth close behind him. “How much longer are you two going to be hogging the mistletoe?”

“Huh?!?” Kate followed John’s finger pointing at the green substitute of what could maybe from afar be identified as the Pegasus’ variety of mistletoe. “Oh...”

“So...?” Elizabeth snorted at the blush that slowly crept upwards onto the psychologist’s cheeks.

Teyla’s eyes on the other hand lit up like a 60 watt light bulb, her smile growing in size as she glanced up, then down to Kate, back up and back down. There was little hesitation as she pressed her lips against Kate’s, who was too surprised to properly respond and merely allowed herself to be pulled into the moment.

“How fortunate she caught Kate under the mistletoe.” John commented as he winked at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth playfully punched him in the arm. “You put her up to this, didn’t you?”

“I may have given her a few pointers.” He grinned.

“A few pointers...” Elizabeth was sure it had been more than a few but let it slide as the couple in front of them pulled apart and stepped out from underneath the branch.

“Our turn.” John called out, pulling Elizabeth underneath the doorway. She couldn’t help a girlish giggle escaping from her throat as he wrapped his arms around her waist, capturing her lips in a deep, romantic kiss.

“Are you people done practicing already?” Laura’s loud voice pulled the kissing couple out of their magical moment. “I could really use some help over here. Or did you really expect me to do this all by myself?”

“Kate said you were on schedule.”

“That was twenty minutes ago.” Laura replied. “Before I had to deal with unexpected pieces of decoration turning up in my tree.”

“Your tree?” Elizabeth’s brows shot up.

“Our tree.” Laura quickly corrected. “I mean our tree.” She managed a silly grin and quickly turned around to tend to her tree again.

“Ladies first...” John blocked the doorway to make sure at least one of them didn’t get another chance for a quick getaway. “…We have work to do.”
        Awww, that's so adorable! Yay for Teyla catching Kate under the mistletoe! And OMG, LAURA! *falls over laughing*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I heard. Can't say I'm surprised. I think this just makes it all the more imperative that we kick ass and take names with Atlantis Rising. The fans deserve a Season 6 that doesn't insult their intelligence.
          *Claps* A spirt that we need through these troubling times. Though.....I do think if a bunch of fans go nuts they may change their minds. But hey what do you know, gives us room to imagine
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

I gotta tell SGU Really Screwed things up royally for us Atlantis fans' I was actually looking forward to some sort of swan song for them but nope we get screwed again.

Comment

Spoiler:
              what a way to spend my christmas eve by my now EX-Girlfriend Breaking up with me via a TEXT MESSAGE
              Merry Christmas Sparky-ITES
              Dude, that's cold. Ouch

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Good morning! Happy day after Christmas and Happy Boxing Day to those who observe it. Personally, I don't plan to ever eat again. Who's with me?
              I would, but I'm going on an all meat diet tomorrow

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Remember that wee bit of fic I mentioned a couple of pages back... yeah, the one that could maybe potentially possibly have some form of Sparky in there...

I tried to coaxe the muse into some form of cooperation and this is the result:

There's a hint of Laura C./Carson B. (blink and you'll probably miss it), a hint of pre-relationship Kate H./Teyla E. (my primary pairing in SGA fandom), and a bit of established Sparky (otherwise I'd have no reason to post it here ).

There's a tree, the Pegasus variety of mistletoe, probably some grammar and spelling mistakes (all mine - I'm not a native speaker), 965 words in total... and that's about it, I think.

Spoiler:
              <snip>
              Cute Playful, yet not shmaltzy.

So....no movie? Perhaps, for once, JM was telling the truth on his blog back when he said the most likely scenario would be an SGU movie.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Dude, that's cold. Ouch
                yeah it was. but im not going to let it get to me.

Comment

yeah it was. but im not going to let it get to me.
                  Plenty more fish in the sea, as they say. Just because you caught a bad one doesn't mean you should stop fishing. And New Year is the perfect time to get your (fishing) rod out
                  Last edited by gateraid; 27 December 2010, 12:33 AM. Reason: seasonal ambiguity
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Elizabeth, you look really good in black, you should wear it more often

Oh, thanks, I was in a rush and grabbed the first thing I saw on John's floor in the closet

McKay, I said I wanted the christmas tree to be bright, not that it should be seen from orbit
                    sigpic

Comment

Plenty more fish in the sea, as they say. Just because you caught a bad one doesn't mean you should stop fishing. And NY is the perfect time to get your (fishing) rod out
                      funny i'm not going to travel 3,000 miles to fish when california still has some prime fishing to do.

Comment

funny i'm not going to travel 3,000 miles to fish when california still has some prime fishing to do.
                        I meant New Year, I'll fix that
                        sigpic

Comment

I meant New Year, I'll fix that
                          ha ha yes well we'll see.

Comment

Doesn't come as a surprise really... SGU's creation pretty much sealed Atlantis' fate to begin with.

Old news...

*cheers*

Awww, that's so adorable! Yay for Teyla catching Kate under the mistletoe! And OMG, LAURA! *falls over laughing*
                            Sheppard's a good teacher.

And I had to include Laura... I wonder how she would go about organizing the fireworks.

Cute Playful, yet not shmaltzy.
                            No clue what shmaltzy is supposed to mean but I think I get the idea...

Thanks.

Perhaps, for once, JM was telling the truth on his blog back when he said the most likely scenario would be an SGU movie.
                            From a business point of view, that makes no sense really.

McKay, I said I wanted the christmas tree to be bright, not that it should be seen from orbit

Comment

I'm with FH in giving this a big old WELL DUH! This is not news. The naivete of fans amazes me sometimes but I'd better not go there. And as for TPTB, especially JM, this is a case of a 3 year old stomping his feet and breaking his other toys when Mom takes away his favorite. They couldn't make us like their favorite show, blamed us when everybody didn't watch it and now want to punish us. Whatever.

It just means there will be no new canon so SGARising is as good a way of continuing with S6 as anything else. Well, except for the comic books which are canon. But those are a long way off. It's going to be determined by how fans accept our version of canon and I think all areas of fandom with the exception of a few niche groups will love it.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Which reminds me, I still have to create a Lemming Rising siggy.... but first need to clean out my room.

Comment

Working...
                                X