Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Actually various members of the SGARising team have been talking to Joe for the last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SK first mention it to him last fall ('09) at the LA con? Or was Kris's talk with him at FedCon the first? Anyway, he expressed interest right from the start and said he thought it was a worthwhile endeavor and we should do it. He even joked about us needing $100million to start and we just went wild on here. We must have made an impression because he hasn't forgotten us and is now telling others. So SGARising FTW! Someone on Twitter said he admires our initiative. Score! We haz the Flan vote!
    Yup, SK talked to him at the Burbank con and I talked to him at Fedcon and gave him a couple of pages with the titles and summaries of the eps. He really seemed interested and loved all our ideas an he told me he'd let David read it too. Now Probie talked to him about it and gave him the cards which he distributed.
    It's was so awesome to read he's supporting us!

I just keep an eye on everything which means that I organize the overall plan and try to keep everyone informed and part of the action. Eri has done most of the work on the community I think with much help from SK. Now that we are getting close to the roll out, we need to talk among ourselves to get everything nailed down before we go further. All the new eyes on the project need something to bring them back so we have to be very careful and try to get across that we are not appealing to just one corner of fandom in spite of who we are and in what thread we hang out.
    I agree. But from what I've heard so far, no one has complained about that yet and people from other fandoms seem interested too. I think it is because we really are going to try to keep to the spirit of the original show and make it better

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      I so need to get to work on my first ep! SK and Eri, could you send me a PM with the final status of the Athosians and their relationship with Atlantis/Teyla by the end of the first episodes? That would be wonderfully helpful.
      I'll get to that as soon as I can (unless Eri beats me to it, heehee).

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Cool!! We'll need to discuss what needs to happen per episode. Clothes, weapons, cities or buildings, anything that the original concept team did really.
      So writers, if you want to see something done. Let us know. We really should start making teams. FH can head the bio team. Does SR head the writers team or is she responsible for keeping an eye on everything with being showrunner? Then maybe SK can be heading the writers team. I'm heading the website team... although it's not much of a team . And then we need someone to head the concept art team. This would also make it easier for me to know who to contact when I get a question about something specific.
      Hmm, I would think it would be SR or Eri heading the writing team.

When you word it like that I get nervous. LOL We can't disappoint him. But he doesn't know yet that we are granting his request from earlier in the year.
      *snickers*

Actually various members of the SGARising team have been talking to Joe for the last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SK first mention it to him last fall ('09) at the LA con? Or was Kris's talk with him at FedCon the first? Anyway, he expressed interest right from the start and said he thought it was a worthwhile endeavor and we should do it. He even joked about us needing $100million to start and we just went wild on here. We must have made an impression because he hasn't forgotten us and is now telling others. So SGARising FTW! Someone on Twitter said he admires our initiative. Score! We haz the Flan vote!
      Oh, don't look at me, I just got the ball rolling with that little comment to Joe about how he and Hewlett needed to stage a hostile takeover of the franchise, which prompted his little joke about needing the $100 million. And then when I posted my con report, the comments here kinda snowballed into the idea of, 'hey, what if we took over the franchise? What would we do?'. So, yeah.

I just keep an eye on everything which means that I organize the overall plan and try to keep everyone informed and part of the action. Eri has done most of the work on the community I think with much help from SK. Now that we are getting close to the roll out, we need to talk among ourselves to get everything nailed down before we go further. All the new eyes on the project need something to bring them back so we have to be very careful and try to get across that we are not appealing to just one corner of fandom in spite of who we are and in what thread we hang out.
      I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to review what's been posted thus far over at the LJ comm. Of course, some of those plans have evolved and changed since that time.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      I agree. But from what I've heard so far, no one has complained about that yet and people from other fandoms seem interested too. I think it is because we really are going to try to keep to the spirit of the original show and make it better
      Yup. By the fans, for the fans.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'll get to that as soon as I can (unless Eri beats me to it, heehee).

Hmm, I would think it would be SR or Eri heading the writing team.

*snickers*

Oh, don't look at me, I just got the ball rolling with that little comment to Joe about how he and Hewlett needed to stage a hostile takeover of the franchise, which prompted his little joke about needing the $100 million. And then when I posted my con report, the comments here kinda snowballed into the idea of, 'hey, what if we took over the franchise? What would we do?'. So, yeah.

I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to review what's been posted thus far over at the LJ comm. Of course, some of those plans have evolved and changed since that time.

Yup. By the fans, for the fans.
        At this point I think we are waiting on Eri's return from her holiday. I think she's technically the head of the writers since she does all the work. I just try to herd cats contain the excitement and keep it all straight and on stickies.

I remember now about your conversation with Joe. Someone gave me credit for the idea for the S6 recently. News to me. I was probably the first to jump on your encounter with him and say why the hell not? But it's like the Sparky name, urban myths are arising. *pun intended*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm back!!!!! This weekend was just amazing. Many pics and fantastic moments. I talked to Joe in french. He gave me a hug, shake my hand twice....ahhhh.Little report now.

Saturday:
          So many problem with the transports. I was so pissed but when my friend told me "Look it's Joe". My heart started to beat faster. We waited a moment and we go to see him for an autograph. We started to talk in french and he did the same. Joe in french is very hot. He asked us where we come from. It was very short because it was early in the morning. After that, I go to see him again for the "SGA rising" cards. My friend pushed me so I didn't have choice. I asked him if I can to speak in french with him and he answers in french. (SQUEEEEE). I gave him the explanation of those cards. He didn't understand (so many stranges faces of him lol)at first because he thought all the cards were for him. I tried to explain again and he said he will check the site and he gave me a big smile.
          After that, my friends and I were following MajorBerry who talked to him often. Time to take the picture, I just said "Bonjour" and he started to talk in french again. It was quick. He put his hand on my hip so I did the same. My hand was shaking but I was not really nervous because I talked to him before. I said to him "thank you", he did the same and I left but the potographer called me again. My picture was not good. I tried to go near Joe but my feet slide a little and I slide until I was in his arms. Excellent. So hi again and "smile".
          No need to say, my friends and I took many pics and spent the rest of the day watching him. When we were back to the hotel, we were disappointed by us. We didn't talk to him a lot but hey it was a different thing the next day.
          I will be back later to tell you. And so sorry if my english is not good but I didn't sleep a lot.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I'm back!!!!! This weekend was just amazing. Many pics and fantastic moments. I talked to Joe in french. He gave me a hug, shake my hand twice....ahhhh.Little report now.

Saturday:
            So many problem with the transports. I was so pissed but when my friend told me "Look it's Joe". My heart started to beat faster. We waited a moment and we go to see him for an autograph. We started to talk in french and he did the same. Joe in french is very hot. He asked us where we come from. It was very short because it was early in the morning. After that, I go to see him again for the "SGA rising" cards. My friend pushed me so I didn't have choice. I asked him if I can to speak in french with him and he answers in french. (SQUEEEEE). I gave him the explanation of those cards. He didn't understand (so many stranges faces of him lol)at first because he thought all the cards were for him. I tried to explain again and he said he will check the site and he gave me a big smile.
            After that, my friends and I were following MajorBerry who talked to him often. Time to take the picture, I just said "Bonjour" and he started to talk in french again. It was quick. He put his hand on my hip so I did the same. My hand was shaking but I was not really nervous because I talked to him before. I said to him "thank you", he did the same and I left but the potographer called me again. My picture was not good. I tried to go near Joe but my feet slide a little and I slide until I was in his arms. Excellent. So hi again and "smile".
            No need to say, my friends and I took many pics and spent the rest of the day watching him. When we were back to the hotel, we were disappointed by us. We didn't talk to him a lot but hey it was a different thing the next day.
            I will be back later to tell you. And so sorry if my english is not good but I didn't sleep a lot.
            SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *grabs Probie and dances around* You did good kid!!

I think he understood because after you gave him the cards he was passing them out and talking about us to other people. Lots of them tweeted about it and the SGARising website was overrun by visitors. It has been amazing! He told someone that he thought we showed a lot of initiative. He supports us.

I am so happy for you. Isn't he just the yummiest thing on two legs?
            sigpic

Comment

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *grabs Probie and dances around* You did good kid!!

I think he understood because after you gave him the cards he was passing them out and talking about us to other people. Lots of them tweeted about it and the SGARising website was overrun by visitors. It has been amazing! He told someone that he thought we showed a lot of initiative. He supports us.

I am so happy for you. Isn't he just the yummiest thing on two legs?
              LOL I have a pic of him where I'm talking to him and he did a strange face because he didn't understand at first. I was so calm front of him. I kept talking in french and I told him I was doing propaganda for a good site.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL I have a pic of him where I'm talking to him and he did a strange face because he didn't understand at first. I was so calm front of him. I kept talking in french and I told him I was doing propaganda for a good site.
                He must have checked out the site at some point and remembered the previous conversations he had with others here. Several people tweeted that he was endorsing us and the news became viral in no time. At one point on Saturday night almost 200 people were viewing our website. We've gotten a lot of people also sign up to follow us on Twitter. We haven't been this excited since the project started.

You are queen of the thread my lovely daughter. We want to see your pics.
                sigpic

Comment

He must have checked out the site at some point and remembered the previous conversations he had with others here. Several people tweeted that he was endorsing us and the news became viral in no time. At one point on Saturday night almost 200 people were viewing our website. We've gotten a lot of people also sign up to follow us on Twitter. We haven't been this excited since the project started.
                  Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! SGA Rising rulez more and more thanks to Joe's advertising!
                  And I really believe he's proud that his fans didn't forget about SGA and his portrayal of John Sheppard!

You are queen of the thread my lovely daughter. We want to see your pics.
                  Probie is the queen, yessssssssssssssssssss!!! I so agree with that!

Comment

I'm proud of myself.lol

Saturday was my day and the day of my friends. We were so frustrated. So we go to see him again. We gave him a funny card. My friends gave me the card and pushed me (again) and he saw this.And we started to talk in french (and english for him sometimes). We talked about France, conventions, sons,I asked him if I can take pictures of him with my friend. He said of course. i took the pic and he started to sit so I say "no you have to do this with me and my other friend" and he smiles of my joke. My other friend Titine was a bit shy si I told to Joe this and that we have to push her. He laughed (again at my joke). My other friend starts to talk about a convention in France. He thought french fans are not a lot of friends fans. My friend and I were shocked. We sent to him that he should go to Lyon (my city) or Chartres (her city). He said he already did that and gave us a big smile to each one. We say Paris was not a good city. He said he loves France and Paris but he thinks 'Parisiens" are a bit cold. My friend and I start the propaganda for our city.lol We taked again and we left him with others fans but it's no over
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm proud of myself.lol

Saturday was my day and the day of my friends. We were so frustrated. So we go to see him again. We gave him a funny card. My friends gave me the card and pushed me (again) and he saw this.And we started to talk in french (and english for him sometimes). We talked about France, conventions, sons,I asked him if I can take pictures of him with my friend. He said of course. i took the pic and he started to sit so I say "no you have to do this with me and my other friend" and he smiles of my joke. My other friend Titine was a bit shy si I told to Joe this and that we have to push her. He laughed (again at my joke). My other friend starts to talk about a convention in France. He thought french fans are not a lot of friends fans. My friend and I were shocked. We sent to him that he should go to Lyon (my city) or Chartres (her city). He said he already did that and gave us a big smile to each one. We say Paris was not a good city. He said he loves France and Paris but he thinks 'Parisiens" are a bit cold. My friend and I start the propaganda for our city.lol We taked again and we left him with others fans but it's no over

Squeeeee again! You are killing us. It sounds like you got a lot of time with him. You have to write a report while it's fresh and put in all the details of what he said. I'm sure he thought you were all delightful.
                      sigpic

Comment

Squeeeee again! You are killing us. It sounds like you got a lot of time with him. You have to write a report while it's fresh and put in all the details of what he said. I'm sure he thought you were all delightful.
                        Maybe 15 mins. It's quick to talk. I was so relax Sunday. And my friends too.
                        We saw him again when Titine gave him the book fo Sarah. He asked us if we will see him during the photo session (stupid question).He was very touched and surprise. i'm sure you will see pics or vids of this moment because all the girls were there. He said a french word again and we left. Later, MajorBerry asked him if it's possible to take a pitcure of everybody with him but the girl who was "in charge" said it was impossible. Joe said to her "Why? Nobody will know. I'm just here to sign" and he started a little comedy.lol But we didn't have the right.
                        Time to do pictures. Prisci and I were nervous because we can't talk english correctly and we had to explain that we want 6 pics (3 indivduals and 3 together but with differents poses.) The girl who was in charge of Joe explain to the photographer. So we took our individual photo and I ask (like Prisci) a hug (in french) with a shy voice and he replied in french "bien sur" and BAM in his arms. And after, we took the others 3 pictures. The photographer and crew of the convention was laughing when they saw us during this. We couldn' stop moving. Imagine 3 girls turning around Joe.lol He shook our hand (squeeee).
                        We saw him again when he signed a pic for us. We talked a little and we left him for the last time.
                        It was a great con. We had some troubles at the beginning of the weekend so I said to my friends "next time, it can be god but I won't do a convention again". STUPID!!! It was awesome. I laughed so many time with Titine and Prisci. 20 minutes once just front of Joe and Edward Furlong. I met lovely girls and friends Bria, MajorBerry and LtMolly. Swedish people are so nice. And to finish, I can say I touched Joe's hips 5 times, his hands was on my low back, hips and shoulder. He gave me a hug. Shook my hand twice. I "sniffed" him. I don't think he's skinny because I REALLY touched his hips (What? Don't look like me. I was just checking) and my friends and I made him smile. AND I TALK TO HIM IN FRENCH!!!!!!
                        I'm happy.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to be the Queen of this thread now.lol
                          I was so relaxed when I talked to him abou this. He said he will check bout it and he did it. I'm so proud of me.lol My propaganda is awesome. If you need more help for it, I'm here.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to be the Queen of this thread now.lol
                            I was so relaxed when I talked to him abou this. He said he will check bout it and he did it. I'm so proud of me.lol My propaganda is awesome. If you need more help for it, I'm here.
                            I think we will have to just appoint you our Joe liaison. You did an awesome job. And I'm sure we are all jealous for the amount of contact you had with him. It will take a long time for your feet to touch the ground again. I'm also willing to bet he found all you girls just delightful.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think we will have to just appoint you our Joe liaison. You did an awesome job. And I'm sure we are all jealous for the amount of contact you had with him. It will take a long time for your feet to touch the ground again. I'm also willing to bet he found all you girls just delightful.
                              I hope he found us delightful.lol I'm glad that I helped you a little.
                              sigpic

Comment

At this point I think we are waiting on Eri's return from her holiday. I think she's technically the head of the writers since she does all the work. I just try to herd cats contain the excitement and keep it all straight and on stickies.

I remember now about your conversation with Joe. Someone gave me credit for the idea for the S6 recently. News to me. I was probably the first to jump on your encounter with him and say why the hell not? But it's like the Sparky name, urban myths are arising. *pun intended*
                                *cracks up about the herding cats* So true.

Gotta love the urban myths!

Saturday:
                                PROBIE!!!!

You, my dear, are AWESOME!!!!

I'm so glad you had such a great time with Joe (OMG, you got to seriously grope him! I'm jealous. ) and your work to further the cause of Atlantis Rising is incredibly valuable. You are totally our hero!

Isn't he just the yummiest thing on two legs?
                                Had to quote this line, because it's just so true!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X