Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Patience, young Skywalker. There are better scenes coming that can provide much more enticing teasers than Rodney getting his hands burned by the cold railing.
    Can't wait to read it!!!!!!!! And put it up on the website

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I SEE SPARKY!!!!

Look! Can you see too?
    Spoiler:

I wonder what John's hand is doing. LOOOL.
    See, this shows once more how John totally does not like Elizabeth. Why else would he be walking so close to her!
    Euhm... wait...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Also quite true. By that token, I suppose TPTW thought those final scenes in GitM were supposed to be the 'goodbye they never got' in Lifeline (or This Mortal Coil), but if so... shafted again.
      Well 'jeepers', PTW. It doesn't count as a goodbye if they don't actually say it. Or if the clone doesn't think she is actually the same person. Or if the copy doesn't act like the same person. They must've known that would annoy fans.

I LIKE that!
      He kept on coming back too. Must've really loved her eh?

Or maybe her purse...
      Or Sheppard's. There's a weed here called Sheppards Purse. I can't tell you why it is called that, but have you heard of Mountain Oysters? It's the bag the oysters are packed in. At least that's what the person who named it thought the flower looked like

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      See, this shows once more how John totally does not like Elizabeth. Why else would he be walking so close to her!
      Euhm... wait...
      He's got his hand in his pocket. Perhaps it is to cover up his affection
      sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to read it!!!!!!!! And put it up on the website
        Heh!

Euhm... wait...

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Well 'jeepers', PTW. It doesn't count as a goodbye if they don't actually say it. Or if the clone doesn't think she is actually the same person. Or if the copy doesn't act like the same person. They must've known that would annoy fans.
        Or they simply didn't care what we thought. And given what some of TPTW have said in the past, that's probably closest to the truth.

He kept on coming back too. Must've really loved her eh?
        You betcha he did. And he still does.

Or Sheppard's. There's a weed here called Sheppards Purse. I can't tell you why it is called that, but have you heard of Mountain Oysters? It's the bag the oysters are packed in. At least that's what the person who named it thought the flower looked like
        *snickers*

He's got his hand in his pocket. Perhaps it is to cover up his affection
        *snorts* Is that a gun in your pocket, Sheppard, or are you just happy to see me?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

There's plenty of scope for it. I don't find people who never argue, and barely have disagreements, to be particularly believable. Especially when there was so much to argue about.

As for grief over lost comrades, Weir was shafted in that respect. There was not even a reference to a memorial. With Carson, he effectively got two - the actual one, then in Kindred II, they wrote it so that they could say the goodbye they never got to in Sunday.

Carson was leading the charge on that one, bless him, with Ronon following closely behind.

But she was testing his love for her. If you love someone, set them free send them on a dangerous mission. If they don't come back, they were never yours to begin with. If they do, then it is truly love.
          Well, there was the notion that they really thought Carson had died--I mean, you know, blowing up in front of them and all that.

For Elizabeth, the only person who was willing to 'give up on her' sadly enough, was Ronon, which is why he got a goodbye in Adrift. I don't think anyone, even John, who'd been arguing with Rodney about reviving her nanites, wanted to give up until she actually was gone. Then, after Lifeline, John still truly believed she was alive until TMC.

We did get shafted after that but in TV land, suckily enough, once a storyline has passed beyond a certain point putting in a scene is wasting precious production time. Elizabeth had been kinda detached from us for a while, so while she should have had a memorial at the end of TMC, I think it was a combo of the fact she'd been gone for half a season and because they wanted the cliffhanger leading into BAMSR, so all we got was John saying he was shipping her stuff back to Earth.

However, I like to imagine in my own crazy head that TPTW knew how much the other cast members would go to town with a 'goodbye Elizabeth scene' and didn't want to chance the impact it would have. I mean, Joe might actually have had John cry. *lah dee dah dee DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* *twirls*
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Well, there was the notion that they really thought Carson had died--I mean, you know, blowing up in front of them and all that.

For Elizabeth, the only person who was willing to 'give up on her' sadly enough, was Ronon, which is why he got a goodbye in Adrift. I don't think anyone, even John, who'd been arguing with Rodney about reviving her nanites, wanted to give up until she actually was gone. Then, after Lifeline, John still truly believed she was alive until TMC.

We did get shafted after that but in TV land, suckily enough, once a storyline has passed beyond a certain point putting in a scene is wasting precious production time. Elizabeth had been kinda detached from us for a while, so while she should have had a memorial at the end of TMC, I think it was a combo of the fact she'd been gone for half a season and because they wanted the cliffhanger leading into BAMSR, so all we got was John saying he was shipping her stuff back to Earth.

However, I like to imagine in my own crazy head that TPTW knew how much the other cast members would go to town with a 'goodbye Elizabeth scene' and didn't want to chance the impact it would have. I mean, Joe might actually have had John cry. *lah dee dah dee DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* *twirls*
            *snort* Well we couldn't have that, now could we?

I'm off to a slow start this morning but I deserve it after the week weeks I've had and more RL crap to come next week. For those wondering about Mr. SR, I'll update my LJ later. We stayed up late to watch our Hokies beat GA Tech. Those last 3 minutes will live in infamy. And after a quick trip to buy food, I'm going to pamper myself for the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll get the vid finished.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

For those of you on shuttle watch, today's launch has been scrubbed. At first they thought it was a hydrogen leak and they pushed the launch to Monday, but now it seems that it could simply be a computer glitch, so if they can fix it soon enough, there's talk of moving up the launch to sometime this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, a last minute scheduling snafu means that I won't be able to stay at the convention tomorrow late enough to see Michael Shanks. Rats! Guess it's a good thing I wasn't planning on getting any autographs this time around.

And then John got smacked upside the head in GitM. Poor baby.

*joins Eri in her crazy head* *fah lah lah lah lah lah* *grabs Eri's hands and spins around*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              *snort* Well we couldn't have that, now could we?

I'm off to a slow start this morning but I deserve it after the week weeks I've had and more RL crap to come next week. For those wondering about Mr. SR, I'll update my LJ later. We stayed up late to watch our Hokies beat GA Tech. Those last 3 minutes will live in infamy. And after a quick trip to buy food, I'm going to pamper myself for the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll get the vid finished.
              *huggles* Hey, at least the Hokies won!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi, just wanted to repost some tweets from a fan (@nakedwesley) who went to see a screening of Joe's movie Good Day For It:

Just saw 'A Good Day For It'. @JoeFlanigan was fantastic! Hal Holbrook was there!

I'm sitting in front of Joe's wife at the screening

GDFI:No, Joe wasn't there. Sadly. He's got a good part. Not huge but a few good scenes. Lots of angsty Joe faces. Definitely worth watching

the movie was shown at the American Film Market. Big event for film buyers and sellers. I bought a day pass just to see Joe.

@ForestMaid A Good Day For It. Joe's movie he filmed last year. It was awesome!
                sigpic

Comment

FINALLY!!! Back on my laptop!!!

So what did I miss ... whoa.

Probably but I haven't seen that evidence. I think you can prove anything was true by watching this show. LOL Actually come to think of it, she did send him on a lot of dangerous missions. And he kept coming back. LOL
                  Well, has a tendancy of being stubborn ... and really pesky. LOL

LOL, but she sent him to suicide missions! Several times in fact! She let a Wraith feed on him! And she tried to kill him herself (well, alien consciousness did, but that doesn't count, 's not that important). Pffff. Yes. SGA is like Rorchach. You see what you wanna see.

I SEE SPARKY!!!!

Look! Can you see too?
                  Spoiler:

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  John is so feeling her up.
                  Oh, heck yes he is! Why else would Elizabeth be wearing John's smirk???

There's plenty of scope for it. I don't find people who never argue, and barely have disagreements, to be particularly believable. Especially when there was so much to argue about.

As for grief over lost comrades, Weir was shafted in that respect. There was not even a reference to a memorial. With Carson, he effectively got two - the actual one, then in Kindred II, they wrote it so that they could say the goodbye they never got to in Sunday.
                  Yeah. That was pretty crappy. Thank God for us fic writers to salvage the smelly crap and make it all shiny and Sparky!

But she was testing his love for her. If you love someone, set them free send them on a dangerous mission. If they don't come back, they were never yours to begin with. If they do, then it is truly love.
                  Absolutely! Takes all the pressure out of dating. THAT is what Pegasus speed dating looks like. LOL

Spoiler:
                  [ATTACH]28191[/ATTACH]

I wonder what Elizabeth's hand is doing? I think she's reaching for her napkin, but whatever

Spoiler:
                  [ATTACH]28190[/ATTACH]

We should be thanking you. You're paying for dinner, right?
                  Cheeky. Okay, I'll pay
                  I thought you might. You're as generous a boss as you are a lover
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL!!!

Yeah. That might've effectively ended the show right there. Oh wait. It did.

New chapter of a fic being posted soon. Which one, I don't know. The fic bunnies aren't telling me anything. Despite all the carrot cake I keep getting from SK.

Launch still on for today? Lemme check ...

EDIT: Maybe I should finish reading all the posts before I comment.

Darn. No launch. But if it goes this weekend, I'm off tomorrow and most of Sunday. *fingers crossed again*

Comment

LOL, but she sent him to suicide missions! Several times in fact! She let a Wraith feed on him! And she tried to kill him herself (well, alien consciousness did, but that doesn't count, 's not that important). Pffff. Yes. SGA is like Rorchach. You see what you wanna see.

I SEE SPARKY!!!!

Look! Can you see too?
                    Spoiler:

BTW, Anuna, which eppy is that from? Having a hard time remembering ...

Comment

Okay. Here is tis.

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 8 - Pits and Baby Kicks, is now up for your reading, reviewing, and fluffy pleasure.

And back to RL. How can one person accumulate so much laundry over one week???

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Okay. Here is tis.

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 8 - Pits and Baby Kicks, is now up for your reading, reviewing, and fluffy pleasure.

Good Chapter. As for your Laundry Question: i usually do mine half way through the week so every wednesday i do my laundry.

Comment

Thanks!

I try to do it twice a week but RL intrudes ...

Comment

Thanks!

I try to do it twice a week but RL intrudes ...
                            of that you have no argument from me. college is cutting into my sparky time. though i have been able to do a real quick Atlantis Marathon.

Comment

BTW, Anuna, which eppy is that from? Having a hard time remembering ...
                              I think it might be Echoes when Rodney was telling Elizabeth about the whale.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              Hi, just wanted to repost some tweets from a fan (@nakedwesley) who went to see a screening of Joe's movie Good Day For It:

Just saw 'A Good Day For It'. @JoeFlanigan was fantastic! Hal Holbrook was there!

I'm sitting in front of Joe's wife at the screening

GDFI:No, Joe wasn't there. Sadly. He's got a good part. Not huge but a few good scenes. Lots of angsty Joe faces. Definitely worth watching

the movie was shown at the American Film Market. Big event for film buyers and sellers. I bought a day pass just to see Joe.

@ForestMaid A Good Day For It. Joe's movie he filmed last year. It was awesome!
                              Thanks. This is most intriguing. Where's Joe? Do we have to mount a search operation? I guess all will be revealed at the con. He must be working for his wife to be there and he not.

Okay. Here is tis.

Cute cute cute. Rodney in a hole and John all puppy faced. Now don't you go and leave us hanging. *glares*

Oh and I updated my LJ on Mr. SR's condition.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

FINALLY!!! Back on my laptop!!!

So what did I miss ... whoa.
                                Heh. Yeah.

Well, has a tendancy of being stubborn ... and really pesky. LOL
                                Thank goodness for that!

Oh, heck yes he is! Why else would Elizabeth be wearing John's smirk???
                                He's corrupted her. And she doesn't mind at all.

Yeah. That was pretty crappy. Thank God for us fic writers to salvage the smelly crap and make it all shiny and Sparky!
                                You betcha! *high-fives*

Absolutely! Takes all the pressure out of dating. THAT is what Pegasus speed dating looks like. LOL
                                LMAO!

Yeah. That might've effectively ended the show right there. Oh wait. It did.
                                *snerks*

New chapter of a fic being posted soon. Which one, I don't know. The fic bunnies aren't telling me anything. Despite all the carrot cake I keep getting from SK.
                                Hah!

Okay. Here is tis.

OMG. You ended the chapter there?!? You're evil!

Thanks. This is most intriguing. Where's Joe? Do we have to mount a search operation? I guess all will be revealed at the con. He must be working for his wife to be there and he not.
                                Yeah...

Oh and I updated my LJ on Mr. SR's condition.
                                *sends more huggles*

Comment

Working...
                                X