No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    *waves flag for SGARising*

*cannot think how to do a woo-hoo sound effect via text*
    Well, you could always write a really big WHOO HOO!

It's a game of sorts. Only the last one is Sparky, I'm afraid. The muse seems to be on holiday.

Spoiler:
    Inspired by my own computer problems of late:

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28028[/ATTACH]
    Proof that Bill Gates is an Ancient

Dr W: What is the meaning of this?

Helia: Hang on, the screen is frozen.

Sheppard: Try Ctrl+Alt+Del

Helia: I did. All I get is the "system is not responding" message

Rodney: You should've used a Mac. Once you've had Mac, you never go back
    *snerks*

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28027[/ATTACH]
    We're not flying high enough
    We don't have enough power
    Turn off the shield
    Huh. That's a really good idea. Why didn't I think of that?
    Not so smart now, are you?
    Erm, Lizzeh? What about you standing in front of the damn window? Pot, kettle.

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28026[/ATTACH]
    The MALP isn't responding, I don't know why. We'll have to send another one
    Hang on, I have a better idea
    taps headset
    Dr Keller, report to Stargate Operations
    John & Rodney stare at Elizabeth
    What? Those MALPs are REALLY expensive
    Oh, that's just cold!

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28029[/ATTACH]
    Oberoth: I get it, okay. You and Sheppard are together. I'll give you the ZPM - heck, I'll give you three - if you stop with the "top twenty places we had sex" montage that you're playing in my head right now
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That's brilliant!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You need to get on over to Disney World and take Joe a beer. He tweeted his disgust that the Magic Kingdom is dry. LOL But I think they're leaving later today.

Love the fic idea. The Marines would all root for Navy so it could turn out like the betting pool in Midway. And having to explain it all to Elizabeth would make it very Sparky.
    That scene was epic comedy. Having Elizabeth in the thick of something like that would be hilarious! :d

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    I feel the same! *kicks college and stupid lazy muse and other distractions, including Isn't Supposed to Be - you know, that time travel fic that I started a looong time ago and probably haven't updated since... March? And I'm only on the second chapter! Arrghh!
    *tempts muse with carrot cake*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You need to get on over to Disney World and take Joe a beer. He tweeted his disgust that the Magic Kingdom is dry. LOL But I think they're leaving later today.

Love the fic idea. The Marines would all root for Navy so it could turn out like the betting pool in Midway. And having to explain it all to Elizabeth would make it very Sparky.

My son's GF is from WV and attended WVU so I have to stop with the jokes. Maybe I'll switch to Maryland. They have the same rep and tend to burn couches in the street and throw stuff at the cops when they win/lose. LOL Oddly, the Virginia schools are relatively calm.
      The students do that here too, down at Otago Uni. I thought it was just a kiwi thing. I have a couch that I wasnt to throw out, I really want to put it out on the street and burn it.

Love that first one. I heart my MAC.
      I wasn't sure if it was funny. Computer/internet jokes aren't really my domain. *sigh* I promise I won't do that again

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Well, you could always write a really big WHOO HOO!

*snerks*

Erm, Lizzeh? What about you standing in front of the damn window? Pot, kettle.
      Rodney should've just turned the shield on when he was supposed to Then Atlantis & Lizzie wouldn't have had any damage

Oh, that's just cold!
      Not really, that's why Kavanaugh left
      sigpic

Comment

Rodney should've just turned the shield on when he was supposed to Then Atlantis & Lizzie wouldn't have had any damage
        Or Ronon could've just pulled her away from the window...

LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh!

Mmmm... margaritas...

Owwwie! *sends icepack for head*
          Thanks, even the fic bunnies got me one ...

Considering his hair already defies gravity, I'm guessing probably not much. I remember seeing a couple of candid pics of JoeF on a beach... his hair was wet, and it was sticking out like he stuck his finger in a light socket.
          Okay. YOU CAN'T POST STUFF LIKE THAT WITHOUT PROOF! LOL (get the hint?)

Buy Elizabeth an engagement ring?
          Ooh. You're good. *makes a note to add to fic*

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Aw, loving the fluff! Torren seems to be learning all the right things from his Unka John, eh? And that last little bit, with Carson and Jen getting that little candid pic... awwwwwwww!!!!! So, so cute!
          Thanks ever so much!

It's a game of sorts. Only the last one is Sparky, I'm afraid. The muse seems to be on holiday.

Spoiler:
          Inspired by my own computer problems of late:

Spoiler:
          Proof that Bill Gates is an Ancient

Dr W: What is the meaning of this?

Helia: Hang on, the screen is frozen.

Sheppard: Try Ctrl+Alt+Del

Helia: I did. All I get is the "system is not responding" message

Rodney: You should've used a Mac. Once you've had Mac, you never go back

Spoiler:
          We're not flying high enough
          We don't have enough power
          Turn off the shield
          Huh. That's a really good idea. Why didn't I think of that?
          Not so smart now, are you?

Spoiler:
          The MALP isn't responding, I don't know why. We'll have to send another one
          Hang on, I have a better idea
          taps headset
          Dr Keller, report to Stargate Operations
          John & Rodney stare at Elizabeth
          What? Those MALPs are REALLY expensive

Spoiler:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28029[/ATTACH]
          Oberoth: I get it, okay. You and Sheppard are together. I'll give you the ZPM - heck, I'll give you three - if you stop with the "top twenty places we had sex" montage that you're playing in my head right now
          1) Macs rule, Vista drools. Thank God I have Windows 7! Would still prefer a Mac ...
          2) *smacks Rodney*
          3) Ouch, that's gotta hurt ...
          4) ROFL HYSTERICALLY!!!

I wish I had. Work was horrible today. And unfortunately, I have one of those jobs/bosses that hate it when you call out. Basically, their take is "you should only be calling out if you're flatlining" or something like that ... Darnit!

*makes note to rewatch "Midway" and study up on football*

I wasn't sure if it was funny. Computer/internet jokes aren't really my domain. *sigh* I promise I won't do that again

Nah, it was great!

Yep. *smacks Rodney again*

Is that because Kavanaugh was next, or because John and Elizabeth told him he was next cause he found them in a closet???

Back to RL for a lil bit ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Okay. YOU CAN'T POST STUFF LIKE THAT WITHOUT PROOF! LOL (get the hint?)
            Check your PMs.

Ooh. You're good. *makes a note to add to fic*
            *bows*

Is that because Kavanaugh was next, or because John and Elizabeth told him he was next cause he found them in a closet???
            *snickers*

Comment

1) Macs rule, Vista drools. Thank God I have Windows 7! Would still prefer a Mac ...
              So do I, although I had to get a new hard drive the other day due to a fatal error

2) *smacks Rodney*
              He got distracted by the flying city. If only he'd raised the shield two seconds earlier. Ah, scripts, who needs them

3) Ouch, that's gotta hurt ...
              Teflon Keller can survive anything

I wish I had. Work was horrible today. And unfortunately, I have one of those jobs/bosses that hate it when you call out. Basically, their take is "you should only be calling out if you're flatlining" or something like that ... Darnit!
              Seems to be going around. Not for me though, luckily Hopefully tomorrow is better for you

He was next. Mobile All-Terrain Landing Party becomes KALP - Kavanaugh All-Terrain Landing Party. And then Keller All-Terrain Landing Party, because it starts with the same letter. Not for any other reason

Or Ronon could've just pulled her away from the window...
              Yes, he could've. He'd have been the Hewo. I gather Torri would've enjoyed being thrown to the floor/shielded/smothered by Jason
              sigpic

Comment

Check your PMs.
                Thanks!

*bows*
                Enabler.

*snickers*
                Hey, Sparky takes their privacy very seriously. And as gateraid so wonderfully puts it, he becomes KALP ... ROFL!!!

So do I, although I had to get a new hard drive the other day due to a fatal error
                Sorry!!!

He got distracted by the flying city. If only he'd raised the shield two seconds earlier. Ah, scripts, who needs them
                Obviously, Meredith Rodney McKay doesn't.

As long as she doesn't go above 500 degrees ... LOL

Seems to be going around. Not for me though, luckily Hopefully tomorrow is better for you
                Eeh, I hope so. But the chances are dim. JoeF just left my state and RL sucks. Oh well. This is why I write fics.

He was next. Mobile All-Terrain Landing Party becomes KALP - Kavanaugh All-Terrain Landing Party. And then Keller All-Terrain Landing Party, because it starts with the same letter. Not for any other reason
                Suuuuure ...

Yes, he could've. He'd have been the Hewo. I gather Torri would've enjoyed being thrown to the floor/shielded/smothered by Jason
                If it would've given me more hot Sparky screen time with JoeF ... heck yes! I would've thrown Torri under Jason myself!

Comment

Eeek!

Or bad writers...

Ow...

Kavanaugh = Kannon Fodder.

LOL!

Thanks!

Enabler.
                  *bows*

Eeh, I hope so. But the chances are dim. JoeF just left my state and RL sucks. Oh well. This is why I write fics.
                  It's why we all write fics.

If it would've given me more hot Sparky screen time with JoeF ... heck yes! I would've thrown Torri under Jason myself!
                  Heresy!

Comment

My son's GF is from WV and attended WVU so I have to stop with the jokes. Maybe I'll switch to Maryland. They have the same rep and tend to burn couches in the street and throw stuff at the cops when they win/lose. LOL Oddly, the Virginia schools are relatively calm.
                    Maryland still has a football team? I can't remember the last time they beat anybody good. Doesn't their hopes team have a knack for ACC tournament upsets, though?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thanks!

Enabler.

Hey, Sparky takes their privacy very seriously. And as gateraid so wonderfully puts it, he becomes KALP ... ROFL!!!
                      It explains where he went for a couple of seasons - they accidentally sent him to a planet without a DHD!

Sorry!!!
                      It wasn't too bad. 75% of my stuff was backed up. I still haven't transferred it onto my new hard drive yet *procrastinates*

As long as she doesn't go above 500 degrees ... LOL
                      As my s9 dvd box set proved, Stargate characters are not impervious to fire. Daniel Jackson's face even distorted into this "please don't burn me" expression, before turning to ash. If s9 hadn't been such a bitter disappointment, it'd still be in my collection.

You can still look forward to meeting him though

Suuuuure ...
                      *looks innocent, whistles*

That just sounds so wrong!!!

Eeek!

Or bad writers...
                      To be fair, they've all been distracted by them at times. Some repeatedly

Kavanaugh = Kannon Fodder.
                      I disliked the character, but he was the only one (or at least the only 'good guy') that brought any tension into the mix. He was almost the Gaius Baltar of SGA. But without the invisible sex buddy

Heresy!
                      If it meant a s4/5/6 with TorriWeir, I'd be all for it Or....the two KALPs, the LALP (Lee) & the WALP (Walter) could all be looking out the window instead of Weir. Dreams are free
                      sigpic

Comment

It explains where he went for a couple of seasons - they accidentally sent him to a planet without a DHD!
                        I guess Elizabeth finally made good on that threat from Thirty Eight Minutes. Heheheh...

As my s9 dvd box set proved, Stargate characters are not impervious to fire. Daniel Jackson's face even distorted into this "please don't burn me" expression, before turning to ash. If s9 hadn't been such a bitter disappointment, it'd still be in my collection.
                        Hmm... I guess that one's a candidate for the "weenie roast" fodder award.

That just sounds so wrong!!!
                        Yup!

To be fair, they've all been distracted by them at times. Some repeatedly
                        *snorts*

I disliked the character, but he was the only one (or at least the only 'good guy') that brought any tension into the mix. He was almost the Gaius Baltar of SGA. But without the invisible sex buddy
                        See, now if they had kept Atlantis out of contact with Earth for a couple more years and played up Kav's annoying and potentially dangerous jackass tendencies, that could've been interesting...

If it meant a s4/5/6 with TorriWeir, I'd be all for it Or....the two KALPs, the LALP (Lee) & the WALP (Walter) could all be looking out the window instead of Weir. Dreams are free
                        I'll take Atlantis Rising. Keller the way she should've been in the first place, less interference with Earth, and no Kavanaugh.

Comment

I guess Elizabeth finally made good on that threat from Thirty Eight Minutes. Heheheh...
                          Or she really did hit him in Critical Mass, and he cried and ran away

Hmm... I guess that one's a candidate for the "weenie roast" fodder award.
                          That also sounds wrong, because I don't know what that means. Other than the other meaning

See, now if they had kept Atlantis out of contact with Earth for a couple more years and played up Kav's annoying and potentially dangerous jackass tendencies, that could've been interesting...
                          If only

I'll take Atlantis Rising. Keller the way she should've been in the first place, less interference with Earth, and no Kavanaugh.
                          Sounds good to me. No pressure though. No, really, no pressure

Spoiler:

After a patchy start, Rave!Atlantis finally takes off

Spoiler:

Todd: The last time I was held prisoner by humans, I got to put my hand on the other prisoner's chest

Spoiler:

Weir: Colonel Ellis, you've made excellent time on your maiden voyage

Ellis: Thank you. We're beaming down now

Weir: Wait!! Rodney hit the end of the walkway with the jumper yesterday, there's a section missing!

Sheppard: Ohhhhh, that's unfortunate

The Apollo is forced to return to Earth, minus its senior officers. Upon its return, the PWARW are complete and the replicators are dealt to once and for all

Spoiler:

I was at a loose end. What are you up to?
                          I was just reading this. We could read together if you'd like.
                          War & Peace? I've actually read it, sorry

Spoiler:

Pity. I guess we'll just have to **** then
                          sigpic

Comment

Or she really did hit him in Critical Mass, and he cried and ran away
                            Yeah, that sounds like Kav, all right.

That also sounds wrong, because I don't know what that means. Other than the other meaning
                            Roasting weenies (aka hot dogs) over an open fire. See here.

If only
                            Well, there's always fanfic.

Sounds good to me. No pressure though. No, really, no pressure
                            We're working on it!

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28038[/ATTACH]
                            After a patchy start, Rave!Atlantis finally takes off
                            I hate that stupid rave crap.

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28039[/ATTACH]

Todd: The last time I was held prisoner by humans, I got to put my hand on the other prisoner's chest
                            I don't even want to go there...

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28036[/ATTACH]

Weir: Colonel Ellis, you've made excellent time on your maiden voyage

Ellis: Thank you. We're beaming down now

Weir: Wait!! Rodney hit the end of the walkway with the jumper yesterday, there's a section missing!

Sheppard: Ohhhhh, that's unfortunate

The Apollo is forced to return to Earth, minus its senior officers. Upon its return, the PWARW are complete and the replicators are dealt to once and for all
                            BWAHAHAHAH!!!! A fitting end for that punk Ellis.

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28035[/ATTACH]
                            I was at a loose end. What are you up to?
                            I was just reading this. We could read together if you'd like.
                            War & Peace? I've actually read it, sorry

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28037[/ATTACH]
                            Pity. I guess we'll just have to **** then
                            In. The. Gutter!

Comment

*yawns* I really should head off to bed... so pleasant Sparky dreams, everyone!

Comment

Roasting weenies (aka hot dogs) over an open fire. See here.
                                If I'd really thought about it, I probably could've figured it out When I was in the states, cooking the barbie, there were plenty of weener sampling jokes from all of the aussies/kiwi's. The girls didn't really find them that funny One of my favourite O'Neill lines is "you are what you eat" to Maybourne, after he comments that "you can't beat a good weener"

Well, there's always fanfic.
                                Fanfic: Correcting all the crap that TPTW didn't bother with

I hate that stupid rave crap.
                                I've never been to one. Each to their own *shrugs*

I don't even want to go there...
                                According to fanfic, she does have a thing for grey haired gentlemen, so it could happen

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! A fitting end for that punk Ellis.
                                RIP, Colonel

In. The. Gutter!
                                I meant golf Did I forget to write that
                                *yawns* I really should head off to bed... so pleasant Sparky dreams, everyone!
                                To you too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X