Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I got it and thanks to everyone. Nephtys, I will get to see a lot of Italy and am so excited. There will be tons of pics. Everyone try not to burn down the thread before I get back.
    *hides matches behind back and starts whistling innocently*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SR, once you get in Italy, you gotta try that gelato ice cream I've heard so much about it from my old friend of mine few years ago. I never tried one, beside I have tried the biscotti yummy!

Anyway I realized there is lot of sparky fics, I wondered is there good fics on weir whump ones featuring John in it? I have tried to find some it but not so many ones. Any recommendations?

Comment

Here's an explanation for pwned.

Awww, so sad and lovely. Don't worry. Once a Sparky always a Sparky. We never reject our own.

Joe just said "3 days left of shooting. Will miss working with the lovely and talented Brooke White. Great cast, crew. That's 2 months on road,must go home" about his new TV wife. He is always so very complementary of his leading ladies. What a gentleman. And homesick. *hugs*
        Thanks for explaining that ... *still scratching head but could be due to the fact that it's almost midnight and Shipper just got home from work ... grr ...*

And SR, hope you enjoy your trip very much! We'll keep the Sparky fires burning w/o burning down the thread. AGREED, EVERYBODY?!?!?!

Yes. That means you too, SK ...

*grabs fire extinguisher ... just in case!*

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
          Anyway I realized there is lot of sparky fics, I wondered is there good fics on weir whump ones featuring John in it? I have tried to find some it but not so many ones. Any recommendations?
          Fics featuring Weir whump with John?

Testament, by our very own Eri13 (aka ugahill). LOTS of whumpage. And John getting very, very angry. Always an explosive combination.

Slide Into the Night by Dragon's Daughter 1980/hope_tang. Elizabeth is rescued from the Replicators in an AU ending to Be All My Sins Remember'd, but that's only the beginning of the struggle to bring Elizabeth home. More emotional whump than physical.

Tangled Headwires, by Pooh. Cave-ins, concussions, and Ancient devices gone haywire.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Thanks for explaining that ... *still scratching head but could be due to the fact that it's almost midnight and Shipper just got home from work ... grr ...*

And SR, hope you enjoy your trip very much! We'll keep the Sparky fires burning w/o burning down the thread. AGREED, EVERYBODY?!?!?!

Yes. That means you too, SK ...

*grabs fire extinguisher ... just in case!*
            Awwww...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Awwww...
              Hey, once a pyromaniac, always a pyromaniac ... and being that this is the "Sparky" thread, not such a good idea. We have to keep an extra set of eyes on you at all times.

Meanwhile, I'm doing medical research for the next chapter of my AU Sparky fic ... either post in a few minutes or in the morning ... well, later on in the morning ...

And on that note, g'nite for now!

Comment

My friend who's a hockey fan says it's a bit nastier in that sport.
                If you want a good example of that type Mike Milbury into youtube and you will see him go into the stands in a game back in the '70s or early '80s, knock a guy over, rip his shoe off and beat him with it.

I have never come close to seeing anything like that at a Columbus Blue Jackets game. However once while at a Wheeling Nailers' game, the fans nearly rioted because the ref cost the the Nailers the game by blowing a call in the shootout.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I just checked the pens official site looks like they stopped selling mike lange t-shirts, so you might want to try look it up on ebay I know there is like bunch of pens stuff on it. Speaking of Pens I'm wearing Crosby t-shirt since Pens is playing against Hawks tonight at Pens's turf tonight on FSN.
                  Thanks! I'll have to take a look.

Comment

Awww thanks. I'll miss all of you too. I'll be around tomorrow. We aren't leaving for the airport until 3pm. I think I'm all packed. There's even space in the suitcases and I let Mr. SR take a few things too.
                    Have fun and stay safe!

Comment

A lot of people gave up on SGA after Torri left. Who knows what the ratings would be like if they hadn't fired her.

Some here have read all the novels that are out so far. I've only read a few and don't remember most of them. I liked Reliquary. I hear Mirror Mirror has Sparky bits. But fanfic is free and sometimes much better written.
                      Firing her was the biggest mistake ever!!! Why'd they do it in the first place? It was MGM right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                        Firing her was the biggest mistake ever!!! Why'd they do it in the first place? It was MGM right?
                        No,not MGM. It was TPTB. I forget the official reason. It seemed to change a lot. They didn't think the character was working out for some reason. In reality they didn't know how to write for her, refused to see what was right in front of their eyes and made a stupid decision that later came back and bit them. Secretly, I think it was the only way to stop the Sparky train. And even that didn't work. LOL
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          SR safe travels! May you make it "there and back again" and have lots of fun in-between.

*hopes a few people get the LOTR reference*
                          I got it! *unites in nerdom*

I got it and thanks to everyone. Nephtys, I will get to see a lot of Italy and am so excited. There will be tons of pics. Everyone try not to burn down the thread before I get back.
                          I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about it!

What is your full itinerary?

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                          There is tons of speculation, none of which is our place to muse on here. Overall, we know that all four showrunners for SG made the decision jointly, and that's probably the best place to leave it.

Oooo, Testament got a rec? yeah, I guess that was some Weir whumpage, wasn't it?
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So glad I'm not the only LOTR geek in the Sparky thread.

Virtual cookies and hugs for someone who tackles a Sparky fic that involves movie night and LOTR.
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I got it! *unites in nerdom*

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about it!

What is your full itinerary?

There is tons of speculation, none of which is our place to muse on here. Overall, we know that all four showrunners for SG made the decision jointly, and that's probably the best place to leave it.

Oooo, Testament got a rec? yeah, I guess that was some Weir whumpage, wasn't it?
                              Itinerary. We start with a land tour of Italy: Rome, Florence and points in between. Then on to Venice where we meet the ship. We sail to (in this order) Olympia, Athens, Istanbul, Ephesus, Santorini, Capri/Naples, Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo and Rome. Whew! We have land excursions at each port and luckily several days at sea to rest up. LOL

I am already tired. I'll be thinking about you guys and know I'll never catch up.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

No,not MGM. It was TPTB. I forget the official reason. It seemed to change a lot. They didn't think the character was working out for some reason. In reality they didn't know how to write for her, refused to see what was right in front of their eyes and made a stupid decision that later came back and bit them. Secretly, I think it was the only way to stop the Sparky train. And even that didn't work. LOL
                                Wow, well, I hope that Torri does another awesome tv series. We'll see how The Cult works out for her. I'm always happy to watch anything Torri. But I still miss me some Sparky.

Comment

Working...
                                X