Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm not sure why this pissed you off. It was never totally clear if it really was her. Who would have a sense of that better than John? His heart had been broken so many time he was afraid to let himself believe it could be her. She acted in a way he thought Elizabeth never would so naturally he had doubts.

And that end scene did more to convince non-shippers that he really cared about her than any other scene ever. John was totally devastated here. Maybe even more than he had been in Adrift when Keller told him she was probably going to die. The thing that kind of pisses me off is that his team just left him there without a word to suffer. A pat on the shoulder would have been nice after all he's done for them.
    Just cause his attitude sucked. I completely understand why he did what he did. I think due to the heartbreak he was a little paranoid and definitely doubtful about Elizabeth showing up again. ESPECIALLY in a Replicator body, by her choice...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I think that bolded part is really at the heart of the conflict in everyone's reactions. On the one hand, it would be wonderful to finally get Elizabeth back; on the other hand, they've been hurt so many times by all the assorted duplicates that have come out of the woodwork that they just can't bear the thought of being hurt again. So they're all running. What irritates me most about Rodney's statement is not so much that he said it, but that so many in the fandom seem to have taken it at face value and are ignoring the fact that FRANibeth was never conclusively proven to be the real, original Elizabet Weir. Like the saying goes, "trust, but verify."

At least we won't be making that silly mistake in Atlantis Rising.

*nods* The implications of that scene, and John's reactions throughout the episode, were what saved GitM for me.

Ugh, no kidding! I suppose one could argue that they all went off to mourn in their own ways, but still! They should've stood by John. None of them looked to be good friends to John or Elizabeth in that moment.
    But it gave us a good angsty moment for John.

*pauses episode, runs up to Sheppard and hugs him*

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    *peeks in*

Not this one

*runz away giggling*
    GAH!!! Pretty!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Lol, thanks for all the green

I really should go read your fic!!! *hides in shame*

Oh, yes, wifi is always a plus. But the crappy one can really frustrate you.
    I'm down in the bar now and here the connection is much better. In the rooms the connection totally sucks.
    And yeah, I know you're a total sucker for John's dog tags

Actually that end scene breaks my heart every.single.time!
    Just thinking about it makes me incredibly sad.
    You can totally read the pain of loosing her again right on his face.
    I'm sure that after that he went to the gym to vent of some frustration... or let himself be beaten up by Ronon... Anything not to think about her and loosing her again like that. He'd need physical pain to try and forget about his aching heart.
    Welcome for green, yes, you should read my story, crappy wifi is worse than ... *imagination off* ... sorry can't think of anything ... Yep, yep, Shep!whump!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    ShipperWriter: Love your story and I'm happy to see you're also a fan of Big Bang Theory. In my arms.

Now I want to watch GITM.
    Thanks!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Missing Moments Chapter 49: Irresponsible
    Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
    49: Irresponsible

(after the ep)

"What happened?" Elizabeth asked worriedly as she came down the stairs right after John and his team had stepped through the gate.

"Kolya showed up." John said.

A look of horror appeared on Elizabeth's face and John gave her a look filled with sympathy. He was one of the few people that knew she still had nightmares from the time Kolya had tried to take control of the city.

"He's dead." John immediately told her and he saw a weight lift from her shoulders.

"Good. Debrief in one hour."

The team nodded and set off towards the infirmary. John wanted to stay behind to talk to her, but there would be time for that later.

That night John was sitting on the bed in Elizabeth's quarters, 'War and Peace' in his hands, he was staring at the words, but they didn't sink in. The last mission kept buzzing through his head. Kolya was finally gone, he wouldn't trouble them anymore.

At that moment Elizabeth burst in the room, heading straight for the bathroom. Only seconds later John heard retching noises. Putting the book on his nightstand, he got up and walked towards the door that was slightly open. Carefully opening it further, he glanced inside.

"Honey, you ok?"

Elizabeth looked up at him and she looked absolutely miserable.

"No." It came out with a groan and she buckled over the toilet again, retching heavily.

John kneeled down next to her, gently rubbing her back and holding her hair out of the way.

"How long have you been sick?"

"Couple of hours, didn't have to throw up untill now though." Her face scrunched together in agony and she let out a groan.

"Maybe we should go to Carson."

"I'll be fine."

"Lizbeth..."

"John, I'll be fine. If I'm still feeling sick tomorrow, I'll go to Carson."

He nodded, although reluctantly. "Alright."
    Going to rewatch this one too!
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 September 2010, 07:49 PM. Reason: REmove IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      They were playing with us, totally. You don't have John/Elizabeth kiss--and bring attention to it at the end of the episode--without having a reason to do it. They knew what the shipper fans would do, even if it was 'possessed by spirits'. There's still a motive there, because it could have been anyone. You could have done TLG with anyone--could you imagine Thalen and Phoebus as Rodney and Teyla? Ronon and Weir? Any pairing would have worked.

Nope, they had nefarious plans for having John/Elizabeth kiss without truly making them kiss. They knew. They just didn't acknowledge, at least in my opinion.
      There has to be a tv trope for this. I remember watching TLG when my brother was over and when Elizabeth kissed John, my brother turns to me and says so when does he kiss the other girl? (meaning Teyla) I rolled my eyes and said it's already happened! LOL

*dances in* My Hokies won!!!!! I like football again. *dances out*
      My turn to hate football. Blah.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ugh, no kidding! I suppose one could argue that they all went off to mourn in their own ways, but still! They should've stood by John. None of them looked to be good friends to John or Elizabeth in that moment.
      I think that would have been nice too, but just from my own perspective when I've lost someone the first thing I want to do is be alone to process what's happened. I can see John being like that.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      I'm happy to say that t here is a big chance for me to see Joe in November. I'm a little excited now.lol
      SQUEEEEEE for Probie!!!! I hope it works out!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Okay, guys, chat time! Your favorite FUN episode?! Aka the one you laugh at the most, or rewatch when you want to feel happy?
      Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      I would say Duet, even if Irresistible had his moments
      That's a long list. I've started my own personal rewatch lately and am finding new Sparky even in S1. How anyone could miss it is beyond me. But for fun I turn to Echoes. It seems to have the best of all worlds and all ships imaginable. Mostly I put in just any old thing and FF to the good parts. LOL
      I would say Echoes as well, but the Carson/Sheppard scene (buck up Carson!) in Irresistible makes me laugh every time. Actually, in looking over the episode list, there really aren't that many episodes that are mostly light-hearted. SG1 had quite a few more, didn't they?

It would be wonderful if everyone had the option of taking time off whenever they want to. Then we could just follow cons around the world like people used to do the Grateful Dead. LOL

Let's form a commune, live under a bridge and hold up signs "Will work for money to attend a SciFi convention". Who's with me?
      Me.

You found me before I even finished signing up. Yes I am a member of the Twitter nation. But now I'm going out to dinner. Later.
      You've gone to the dark side, you naughty thing. So tell me, is it easier to stalk keep track of our celebrities if you're actually on Twitter as opposed to lurking?
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Hola mi amigas y amigas de sparky! RL has been handing me a blue collar beatdown, (If I ever have to weld another pipe...) but I figured I drop by and say howdy. SR glad to see the Hokies bounce back after the Boise game. SK USC looks pretty good even with their sanctions. Eri what happened to the dawgs???? It happens. And I know I've been a stranger, but shall we renew our bet from last year? Probie what's up homie?
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Okay, so I was only about half awake when I wrote this, but there is a new Sparky fic for the world to find. It's AU. The title is kinda a giveaway:

Of Detectives and Doctors by ShipperWriter

Please read, leave a comment, any ideas, whatever, I'll happily and humbly accept! And I have a feeling I'll be revising the first chapter til it makes sense to me, so ... ya know. Bring it on! There will be changes, that's just a fact!

*curls into the fetal position with her laptop* EEH!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            There has to be a tv trope for this. I remember watching TLG when my brother was over and when Elizabeth kissed John, my brother turns to me and says so when does he kiss the other girl? (meaning Teyla) I rolled my eyes and said it's already happened! LOL

My turn to hate football. Blah.

I think that would have been nice too, but just from my own perspective when I've lost someone the first thing I want to do is be alone to process what's happened. I can see John being like that.

SQUEEEEEE for Probie!!!! I hope it works out!

I would say Echoes as well, but the Carson/Sheppard scene (buck up Carson!) in Irresistible makes me laugh every time. Actually, in looking over the episode list, there really aren't that many episodes that are mostly light-hearted. SG1 had quite a few more, didn't they?

Me.

You've gone to the dark side, you naughty thing. So tell me, is it easier to stalk keep track of our celebrities if you're actually on Twitter as opposed to lurking?
            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Okay, so I was only about half awake when I wrote this, but there is a new Sparky fic for the world to find. It's AU. The title is kinda a giveaway:

Please read, leave a comment, any ideas, whatever, I'll happily and humbly accept! And I have a feeling I'll be revising the first chapter til it makes sense to me, so ... ya know. Bring it on! There will be changes, that's just a fact!

That was cute cute cute. And I love your little twist. I think I've guessed who the body belongs to.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yaaawwwwnnn - whew tired this morning. Welcome to Monday!

Anyone got any sleepy morning Sparky fic recs out there? Won't be able to check them out until after work today, but would love to see some little Sparky drabbles.....

Have a great day all!
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Awwwwwww, cute! I enjoyed that.

PKPRD, I am TOTALLY up for the bet this year. As to what's happened to the dawgs? Well, I can't answer that. I can say that with a new, young QB this is as close to a rebuilding year as you get in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I, or any of the rest of the bulldawg nation, likes to see losses.

GAH! I'm so tired! However, I did find time to work on Return to Pegasus and Nancy is IN THE BUILDING. >8D
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

PKPRD, I am TOTALLY up for the bet this year. As to what's happened to the dawgs? Well, I can't answer that. I can say that with a new, young QB this is as close to a rebuilding year as you get in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I, or any of the rest of the bulldawg nation, likes to see losses.

GAH! I'm so tired! However, I did find time to work on Return to Pegasus and Nancy is IN THE BUILDING. >8D
                  Woot! Sounds like it's starting to get good. Can't wait to read it.
                  sigpic

Comment

That was cute cute cute. And I love your little twist. I think I've guessed who the body belongs to.

Thanks for the cuteness!!! I'd try writing more right now but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet!

*Shipper looks up from the hole she's dug herself into, having TWO Sparky stories to update, and sighes heavily*

*Evil fic bunny throws a cup of scolding hot coffee at her*

Comment

Just because I can. John's team stands witness to the eye!sex.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 50: Tao of Rodney
                        Enjoy!!!

Spoiler:
                        50: Tao of Rodney

(after the ep)

John was almost asleep when Elizabeth entered her quarters. He opened an eye and gave her a tired wave.

"What took you so long?" He mumbled.

Elizabeth sat down on the bed. "John, we need to talk."

That woke him up instantly and he jumped up, sitting next to her, worry clear on his face. "What is it?"

"You remember last week when I was so sick?"

"Yeah, you told me you'd go to Carson the next day if you still felt sick."

"I didn't."

"You didn't go, or you didn't feel sick anymore?"

"I didn't go."

John let out a sigh. "Elizabeth..."

"I only felt a bit of nausea, I wasn't that sick anymore."

"And now you're sick again?"

Elizabeth shook her head, "No, still just a bit of nausea. But I was tired of feeling nauseated so I went to see Carson."

"And?"

"John..."

Elizabeth looked nervous and that worried John... a lot.

"Lizbeth, please tell me what's wrong."

"John... I'm... I'm pregnant."

He stared at her, completely baffled. "Pregnant?"

She nodded. "Yes, about 5 weeks along."

"That's..." He fell silent again and Elizabeth looked worried. "You're pregnant." He stated and Elizabeth's worry grew.

"Yes, I am."

Suddenly he was beaming and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm gonna be a dad." He laughed and held her close. "I'm gonna be a dad."

Elizabeth laughed too, feeling relieved. "Yes, you are."

He slightly let go of her, took her face between his hands and kissed her. "I love you."

Her smile grew. "I love you too."

"So... you're ok with this?" He asked. "I mean... we won't be able to hide our marriage anymore."

"I'm more than ok with it. And I guess we'll finally have to come clean with the people here and with our superiors."

John gave her a little grin. "They'll give us hell, you know that right?"

She nodded. "Oh, yes, but we have General O'Neill on our side."

John looked surprised. "O'Neill knows about us?"

"He even knows we're married."

"And he didn't split us up?"

"He thinks we make too good a team to split up."

"He's right." John grinned and leaned in to kiss her. "So very right."

Sig by me

Comment

I think I find the first pic the funniest because Rodney's body language almost seems to say "Huh? Oh... they're doing this again."
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 20 September 2010, 07:49 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hello fellow sparkies!

I know its been long time since the last time I lurked in here, anyway I recall that I mentioned that I had a sparky fic which was being in works which I never got back to finish writing it, I came across at my old sparky drabble sga fic another night, while I was cleaning out and transfer some files to my flash usb drive. Um I never got the feedback about beta-reading my drabble fic oh well, what gives, so I finally got the courage to post the drabble fic on FF.net, so here it is! so feel free to review it! Oh by the way that drabble fic has to do with SGA season 3 finale.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6338357/..._Fallen_Leader

Comment

To whoever is goin to go see Joe at a con could you please ask him if he is a college football fan or NFL fan and what his favorite team is.

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 50: Tao of Rodney
                                Enjoy!!!

Spoiler:
                                50: Tao of Rodney

(after the ep)

John was almost asleep when Elizabeth entered her quarters. He opened an eye and gave her a tired wave.

"What took you so long?" He mumbled.

Elizabeth sat down on the bed. "John, we need to talk."

That woke him up instantly and he jumped up, sitting next to her, worry clear on his face. "What is it?"

"You remember last week when I was so sick?"

"Yeah, you told me you'd go to Carson the next day if you still felt sick."

"I didn't."

"You didn't go, or you didn't feel sick anymore?"

"I didn't go."

John let out a sigh. "Elizabeth..."

"I only felt a bit of nausea, I wasn't that sick anymore."

"And now you're sick again?"

Elizabeth shook her head, "No, still just a bit of nausea. But I was tired of feeling nauseated so I went to see Carson."

"And?"

"John..."

Elizabeth looked nervous and that worried John... a lot.

"Lizbeth, please tell me what's wrong."

"John... I'm... I'm pregnant."

He stared at her, completely baffled. "Pregnant?"

She nodded. "Yes, about 5 weeks along."

"That's..." He fell silent again and Elizabeth looked worried. "You're pregnant." He stated and Elizabeth's worry grew.

"Yes, I am."

Suddenly he was beaming and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm gonna be a dad." He laughed and held her close. "I'm gonna be a dad."

Elizabeth laughed too, feeling relieved. "Yes, you are."

He slightly let go of her, took her face between his hands and kissed her. "I love you."

Her smile grew. "I love you too."

"So... you're ok with this?" He asked. "I mean... we won't be able to hide our marriage anymore."

"I'm more than ok with it. And I guess we'll finally have to come clean with the people here and with our superiors."

John gave her a little grin. "They'll give us hell, you know that right?"

She nodded. "Oh, yes, but we have General O'Neill on our side."

John looked surprised. "O'Neill knows about us?"

"He even knows we're married."

"And he didn't split us up?"

"He thinks we make too good a team to split up."

"He's right." John grinned and leaned in to kiss her. "So very right."
                                So sweet!!! Just what I needed after a long day at work!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                I think I find the first pic the funniest because Rodney's body language almost seems to say "Huh? Oh... they're doing this again."
                                That WAS hilarious, and in the second pic, Teyla's even smiling like "At least they're happy" ...

And so are we ... Ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X