No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShipperWriter: Love your story and I'm happy to see you're also a fan of Big Bang Theory. In my arms.

Now I want to watch GITM.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Sorry, had a moment of hatred come over me ... OMG ...

I'm actually crying right now ... cause John ... ugh!!! He
      Spoiler:
      pissed me off!

Rodney's last line about "Well I guess that answers the question as to whether it was really Elizabeth" had to kill John. I cap'd this from the eppy.

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...chmentid=27851

I seriously thought John was gonna cry. Especially after he said, "You may still think you're Elizabeth ... but you're not."

John, get the stick out of your butt! Her face afterwards, she looks so lost, like she lost her last friend when he said that. Then she turned around and killed the guy that attacked John. It WAS her!!! And she still loved you!!!

Okay. I'm done venting. Back to Sparky AU fic.
      I'm not sure why this pissed you off. It was never totally clear if it really was her. Who would have a sense of that better than John? His heart had been broken so many time he was afraid to let himself believe it could be her. She acted in a way he thought Elizabeth never would so naturally he had doubts.

And that end scene did more to convince non-shippers that he really cared about her than any other scene ever. John was totally devastated here. Maybe even more than he had been in Adrift when Keller told him she was probably going to die. The thing that kind of pisses me off is that his team just left him there without a word to suffer. A pat on the shoulder would have been nice after all he's done for them.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Today, I start the drive home... I'll check in with y'all tonight!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I'm not sure why this pissed you off. It was never totally clear if it really was her. Who would have a sense of that better than John? His heart had been broken so many time he was afraid to let himself believe it could be her. She acted in a way he thought Elizabeth never would so naturally he had doubts.
        I think that bolded part is really at the heart of the conflict in everyone's reactions. On the one hand, it would be wonderful to finally get Elizabeth back; on the other hand, they've been hurt so many times by all the assorted duplicates that have come out of the woodwork that they just can't bear the thought of being hurt again. So they're all running. What irritates me most about Rodney's statement is not so much that he said it, but that so many in the fandom seem to have taken it at face value and are ignoring the fact that FRANibeth was never conclusively proven to be the real, original Elizabet Weir. Like the saying goes, "trust, but verify."

At least we won't be making that silly mistake in Atlantis Rising.

And that end scene did more to convince non-shippers that he really cared about her than any other scene ever. John was totally devastated here. Maybe even more than he had been in Adrift when Keller told him she was probably going to die.
        *nods* The implications of that scene, and John's reactions throughout the episode, were what saved GitM for me.

The thing that kind of pisses me off is that his team just left him there without a word to suffer. A pat on the shoulder would have been nice after all he's done for them.
        Ugh, no kidding! I suppose one could argue that they all went off to mourn in their own ways, but still! They should've stood by John. None of them looked to be good friends to John or Elizabeth in that moment.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

dear thread I'm in the need of hi res Vegas screencaps. help?
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Today, I start the drive home... I'll check in with y'all tonight!

I think that bolded part is really at the heart of the conflict in everyone's reactions. On the one hand, it would be wonderful to finally get Elizabeth back; on the other hand, they've been hurt so many times by all the assorted duplicates that have come out of the woodwork that they just can't bear the thought of being hurt again. So they're all running. What irritates me most about Rodney's statement is not so much that he said it, but that so many in the fandom seem to have taken it at face value and are ignoring the fact that FRANibeth was never conclusively proven to be the real, original Elizabet Weir. Like the saying goes, "trust, but verify."

At least we won't be making that silly mistake in Atlantis Rising.

*nods* The implications of that scene, and John's reactions throughout the episode, were what saved GitM for me.

Ugh, no kidding! I suppose one could argue that they all went off to mourn in their own ways, but still! They should've stood by John. None of them looked to be good friends to John or Elizabeth in that moment.
            Just like the expedition took as truth what clone Keller said about the real Elizabeth being dead. Vulnerable much?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I have some. Anything specific you need? I've got the tongue!John one. And some others.
            sigpic

Comment

Here: http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...ason5/519hdtv/
              Size 1280 x 720, they are not linked in the main page of the site, so you have to browse them differently.
              If you want to download them all in one click with Internet Explorer, you can use PimpFish

Comment

Just like the expedition took as truth what clone Keller said about the real Elizabeth being dead. Vulnerable much?

I have some. Anything specific you need? I've got the tongue!John one. And some others.
                You know how my LJ banner looks like? Something similar, something from that last scene. I would love if you could send them over

Nepthys, thank you! Uh, that pimpfish thing looks complicated....

Comment

And that end scene did more to convince non-shippers that he really cared about her than any other scene ever. John was totally devastated here. Maybe even more than he had been in Adrift when Keller told him she was probably going to die. The thing that kind of pisses me off is that his team just left him there without a word to suffer. A pat on the shoulder would have been nice after all he's done for them.
                  As you probably know I have mixed feelings for GITM.
                  My SciFi head considers the plot weak and stupid, my Sparky heart is content because this episode is the final proof that John *loved* Elizabeth.
                  And you are right, Franibeth acted in a way that wasn't expected from the real Elizabeth (even Teyla said that). I often try to imagine myself in the same situation, and I would have many, many doubts especially with someone who has a different face.
                  I do think Michelle Morgan did a good job, but Torri is Torri and Elizabeth Weir is "her" character. She *owns* her in a way I can't find the words to explain.
                  And you are right, it was very sad to see John left alone looking at the Stargate, but I think everybody was so devastated in that moment that they simply couldn't see each other's pain. Too concentrated on their own pain. It happens.

Comment

SR! This is for you! I think you'll approve of that cap

Comment

Not so much as it seems, it's just a toolbar. I'd be glad to help

Comment

You know how my LJ banner looks like? Something similar, something from that last scene. I would love if you could send them over

These are much better than mine. You can download them separately or take Nephtys up on her offer. Sadly I don't have any from the last scene.

SR! This is for you! I think you'll approve of that cap
                        The link doesn't work for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

The link doesn't work for me.
                          Here, I copied it to my Photobucket account:

Comment

Thanks, that is indeed the pic that made Vegas truly the best episode of the whole franchise.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that is indeed the pic that made Vegas truly the best episode of the whole franchise.
                              *peeks in*

Not this one

Spoiler:

*runz away giggling*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                *peeks in*

Not this one

*runz away giggling*
                                *snort* I forgot about that one. Let's just admit it. Vegas had a lot of good shots.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X