No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Moments Chapter 43: The Real World (aka the one where Elizabeth wants to find John)
    Another long one! Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
    43: The Real World

(during Elizabeth's nanite induced dream)

It felt good to be somewhere familiar again, to be in her mother's house again, even though she still felt something was wrong. How could Atlantis not be real? How could she have dreamed up the last two years of her life? The horrors they lived through, the close friends they lost. How could she have dreamed up John? A man she would normally never go for, but who had been there for her every step of the way and who she had fallen in love with so easily.

She sighed as she sat in her garden and stared at some flowers. They reminded her of the flowers John had once brought with him after an offworld mission for their six month anniversary. He remembered things like that even though she barely ever did and he was never angry with her for that. It was also one of the reasons she loved him.

"I have to find him." She mumbled to herself as she got up and walked inside the house to her computer.

Finding him wasn't the easiest task. It was like he didn't want to be found or like something was stopping her from finding him.

About two weeks after she started her intense search, she hit jackpot and took the first flight out.

She hadn’t found out much about him though, but what she had found, had given her hope. He had once been an Air Force pilot, but after he had ignored his orders, risked his life and crashed a helicopter to save two soldiers, he had been court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. Now he lead a calm life by the beach in LA, surfing during the day and playing with his band at night. She thought it’d be exactly what her John would do in a situation like that.

From the moment she saw him though, she knew it wasn’t her John. He looked straight past her and when she went closer to him, he looked surprised that a woman like her would walk up to him. His looks were different too. He had a large tattoo on his right arm that featured a dragon and his hair was long enough for him to hold it together in a ponytail. It still looked uncontrollable though.

“John Sheppard?”

“Who wants to know?”

“Elizabeth Weir.”

He slightly cocked his head. “Name rings a bell.”

A hopeful feeling rose in her chest. Did he really know her?

He snapped his fingers. “Of course, that diplomat from TV. You’re pretty famous.”

Her hope crashed into pieces. “Yes, I guess I am.”

“So, what do you want from me… and how do you know me?”

She gave him a nervous laugh. “If I tell you the truth, you’re going to think I’m insane.”

He grinned. “Try me.”

She looked at him for a few moments. “Alright, but not here.” She said as she looked around the crowded beach. “I’m staying in the Holiday Inn, meet me in the bar at 8 tonight.”

He nodded. “You betcha.”

She was nervous as she was waiting at a small table for him. God knows why she was nervous. She had known the man she was waiting for, for years… but this man was different, his eyes had told her that much in the few minutes she had talked to him on the beach.

Her thoughts had drifted so far that she startled when he suddenly appeared next to her and she gave him an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, I was miles away.”

“No, problem.” He said as he sat down opposite her. “So, how do you know me?”

Before she could say anything, a waiter appeared at their table. John ordered a beer for himself and Elizabeth ordered a Cuba Libre.

John gave her a grin. “A diplomat who orders a Cuba Libre… that’s very telling.”

She returned his smile. “It’s my favorite cocktail. The name is purely incidental.”

“And you expect me to believe that?”

She gave him a mysterious smile and he laughed.

“Damn, you’re good, you know that?”

“Yes, I do.” She replied without batting an eye and he laughed again.

The waiter returned with their drinks and that broke the banter.

“So, how do you know me?” John asked again. “Cause I know I would never forget meeting you.”

“Flirting now, are we?”

He grinned again. “Always... but stop trying to change the subject.”

“Is it that obvious?”

“Just a bit. Look, I told you on the beach: try me. And I wasn’t kidding. The things I’ve seen and heard while I was in the Air Force…”

His eyes darkened and she wanted to comfort him, but knew she couldn’t.

“Alright. I’ll start from the beginning.” And she told him everything: about how she had woken up in the hospital, about how she was sure she had spend over two years in Atlantis, about the Stargate program, about him, about his team, about the missions, about him saving her life. By the time she had finished, the bar was nearly empty and he had stayed mostly quiet, just listening to her and absorbing the overflow of information.

For a while it stayed quiet between them.

“So, euhm…” He cleared his throat. “I’m sort of a hero in your reality?”

She loved the fact that he called it her reality and not dream or fantasy. “You most definitely are.”

He smiled again. “I kinda like that.”

Now it was her turn to laugh, but then she turned serious again. “I know it’s real John. I just know it is, I don’t care what the doctors and Colonel O’Neill are saying.”

He nodded. “Then you have to fight to get back there, Lizbeth.”

The way only he could pronounce her name gave her shivers, but she hid it well.

“I’ll most certainly try.”

He smiled and glanced at his watch. “Oh crap, is that the time? I have to get going. I’m meeting a couple of my friends for a gig.” He quickly got up and turned back to her. “Why don’t you join me?”

She looked uncertain. “I don’t know.”

He held his hand out for her. “Come on, you’ll love it. And it would be great to hear an honest opinion about our music.”

She smiled and took his hand. “Alright.”

“Shep, you’re late!”

“Lorne?” Elizabeth gasped as she saw the man who approached them.

“You know him too?” John asked surprised.

“Yes, he’s your second in command in Atlantis.”

“Ah, well, in this reality, we served together in Afghanistan and now he’s my drummer.”

Lorne had finally reached them. “Evan, this is Elizabeth, Elizabeth, meet Evan.”

They shook hands. “Nice to meet you, Evan.”

“Nice to meet you. And I can’t blame Johnny boy here for being late now that I know why.” At that he eyed Elizabeth.

“Lorne!”

Lorne grinned to his friend. “Come on, man, the audience is starting to complain.”

John nodded, squeezed Elizabeth’s hand and joined the others on stage.

They started playing and Elizabeth was sold to the music right away. They were really really good. John was playing lead guitar, Lorne was letting himself completely go on the drums, there was a darkhaired girl with an amazing voice singing, another dark haired girl who looked like a duplicate of the singer was on bass and a blonde longhaired man was on keyboard. The music was a mix between Johnny Cash, Bruce Cockburn, U2 and Mark Knofler.

After playing for almost two hours straight, with mostly original songs, they walked off stage. John came over to Elizabeth straight away, ignoring all the groupies that tried to cling to him. He took her hand and guided her towards the rest of the band.

“Elizabeth, I’d like you to meet River and Summer. They’re twins as you can clearly see and without them, we wouldn’t have a band. The blonde god is Damon and he really is a god on the keyboards. Lorne you already met. Guys, this is Elizabeth. A good friend of mine.”

She shook all their hands and greeted them while she heard Lorne whisper to John: “Good friend my ass, I’ve seen the way you look at her.”

They stayed in the bar until the early hours of the night and it had been a long time since she had such fun. Make that a very long time. When they finally left, his friends gave them wolf whistles when he proposed to walk her back to her hotel. It made her blush involuntarily.

For the first few blocks it stayed quiet between them but eventually John couldn’t hold it anymore.

“So.. you and… your Sheppard… are you... euhm… close?”

Elizabeth nodded, finding it almost impossible to lie to him. “Yes, we are.”

“Ah, ok… I guess you must miss him.”

“Very much.”

“And with close… how close… euhm… are you?”

She stopped and turned to him, barely realizing what she was doing, she took his head between her hands and whispered: “close enough to do this.” And touched his lips with hers. She would normally never come on to a guy like this, let alone this fast, but she had missed him so much.

For a moment he was so flabbergasted he didn’t react and just when she thought she had made a fool out of herself and wanted to pull back, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him, returning the kiss.

She had no idea how they had made it into her hotel room, let alone naked in her bed. But God, she had missed him so much.

They fell asleep in each other’s arms and for the first time, since she had woken up in this reality, she slept completely peacefully and she felt hopeful about her future here.

When she woke up the next morning, it was with a smile on her face. Without opening her eyes, she felt around for John on the bed and a slight panic came over her when she didn’t find him. As she opened her eyes, her smile faded and the panic grew. She was back in her own room, in her mother’s house. How? What? It couldn’t have been a dream, it simply couldn’t have. She wasn’t naked anymore, but dressed in her pajamas. She checked her computer and found nothing of her search for him. When she tried to do the search again that had located him, it came up empty. Elizabeth sat down on her bed, buried her head in her hands and for the first since she had woken up in this world that was so totally wrong, she cried.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      ZOMG S&M IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I have to stop because I'll go into fangirlish squeeing that shall not end.

The gate would make a cool cake. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to do, either as fancy cakes go...
      S & M is what I listen to when I'm mad. For some reason it calms me down.

As for the gate as a cake, On Ace of Cakes I honestly could see Duff talking about carving a cake of the city first and needing to be talked into just the gate or a jumper.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Missing Moments Chapter 43: The Real World (aka the one where Elizabeth wants to find John)

Spoiler:

It felt good to be somewhere familiar again, to be in her mother's house again, even though she still felt something was wrong. How could Atlantis not be real? How could she have dreamed up the last two years of her life? The horrors they lived through, the close friends they lost. How could she have dreamed up John? A man she would normally never go for, but who had been there for her every step of the way and who she had fallen in love with so easily.

She sighed as she sat in her garden and stared at some flowers. They reminded her of the flowers John had once brought with him after an offworld mission for their six month anniversary. He remembered things like that even though she barely ever did and he was never angry with her for that. It was also one of the reasons she loved him.

"I have to find him." She mumbled to herself as she got up and walked inside the house to her computer.

Finding him wasn't the easiest task. It was like he didn't want to be found or like something was stopping her from finding him.

About two weeks after she started her intense search, she hit jackpot and took the first flight out.

She hadn’t found out much about him though, but what she had found, had given her hope. He had once been an Air Force pilot, but after he had ignored his orders, risked his life and crashed a helicopter to save two soldiers, he had been court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. Now he lead a calm life by the beach in LA, surfing during the day and playing with his band at night. She thought it’d be exactly what her John would do in a situation like that.

From the moment she saw him though, she knew it wasn’t her John. He looked straight past her and when she went closer to him, he looked surprised that a woman like her would walk up to him. His looks were different too. He had a large tattoo on his right arm that featured a dragon and his hair was long enough for him to hold it together in a ponytail. It still looked uncontrollable though.

“John Sheppard?”

“Who wants to know?”

“Elizabeth Weir.”

He snapped his fingers. “Of course, that diplomat from TV. You’re pretty famous.”

She gave him a nervous laugh. “If I tell you the truth, you’re going to think I’m insane.”

He grinned. “Try me.”

She looked at him for a few moments. “Alright, but not here.” She said as she looked around the crowded beach. “I’m staying in the Holiday Inn, meet me in the bar at 8 tonight.”

He nodded. “You betcha.”

She was nervous as she was waiting at a small table for him. God knows why she was nervous. She had known the man she was waiting for, for years… but this man was different, his eyes had told her that much in the few minutes she had talked to him on the beach.

Her thoughts had drifted so far that she startled when he suddenly appeared next to her and she gave him an apologetic smile.

Before she could say anything, a waiter appeared at their table. John ordered a beer for himself and Elizabeth ordered a Cuba Libre.

John gave her a grin. “A diplomat who orders a Cuba Libre… that’s very telling.”

She returned his smile. “It’s my favorite cocktail. The name is purely incidental.”

“So, how do you know me?” John asked again. “Cause I know I would never forget meeting you.”

“Flirting now, are we?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“Just a bit. Look, I told you on the beach: try me. And I wasn’t kidding. The things I’ve seen and heard while I was in the Air Force…”

“Alright. I’ll start from the beginning.” And she told him everything: about how she had woken up in the hospital, about how she was sure she had spend over two years in Atlantis, about the Stargate program, about him, about his team, about the missions, about him saving her life. By the time she had finished, the bar was nearly empty and he had stayed mostly quiet, just listening to her and absorbing the overflow of information.

She loved the fact that he called it her reality and not dream or fantasy. “You most definitely are.”

Now it was her turn to laugh, but then she turned serious again. “I know it’s real John. I just know it is, I don’t care what the doctors and Colonel O’Neill are saying.”

He smiled and glanced at his watch. “Oh crap, is that the time? I have to get going. I’m meeting a couple of my friends for a gig.” He quickly got up and turned back to her. “Why don’t you join me?”

He held his hand out for her. “Come on, you’ll love it. And it would be great to hear an honest opinion about our music.”

“Shep, you’re late!”

“Ah, well, in this reality, we served together in Afghanistan and now he’s my drummer.”

Lorne had finally reached them. “Evan, this is Elizabeth, Elizabeth, meet Evan.”

“Nice to meet you. And I can’t blame Johnny boy here for being late now that I know why.” At that he eyed Elizabeth.

“Lorne!”

Lorne grinned to his friend. “Come on, man, the audience is starting to complain.”

They started playing and Elizabeth was sold to the music right away. They were really really good. John was playing lead guitar, Lorne was letting himself completely go on the drums, there was a darkhaired girl with an amazing voice singing, another dark haired girl who looked like a duplicate of the singer was on bass and a blonde longhaired man was on keyboard. The music was a mix between Johnny Cash, Bruce Cockburn, U2 and Mark Knofler.

After playing for almost two hours straight, with mostly original songs, they walked off stage. John came over to Elizabeth straight away, ignoring all the groupies that tried to cling to him. He took her hand and guided her towards the rest of the band.

“Elizabeth, I’d like you to meet River and Summer. They’re twins as you can clearly see and without them, we wouldn’t have a band. The blonde god is Damon and he really is a god on the keyboards. Lorne you already met. Guys, this is Elizabeth. A good friend of mine.”

She shook all their hands and greeted them while she heard Lorne whisper to John: “Good friend my ass, I’ve seen the way you look at her.”

They stayed in the bar until the early hours of the night and it had been a long time since she had such fun. Make that a very long time. When they finally left, his friends gave them wolf whistles when he proposed to walk her back to her hotel. It made her blush involuntarily.

For the first few blocks it stayed quiet between them but eventually John couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Very much.”

She stopped and turned to him, barely realizing what she was doing, she took his head between her hands and whispered: “close enough to do this.” And touched his lips with hers. She would normally never come on to a guy like this, let alone this fast, but she had missed him so much.

For a moment he was so flabbergasted he didn’t react and just when she thought she had made a fool out of herself and wanted to pull back, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him, returning the kiss.

She had no idea how they had made it into her hotel room, let alone naked in her bed. But God, she had missed him so much.

They fell asleep in each other’s arms and for the first time, since she had woken up in this reality, she slept completely peacefully and she felt hopeful about her future here.

When she woke up the next morning, it was with a smile on her face. Without opening her eyes, she felt around for John on the bed and a slight panic came over her when she didn’t find him. As she opened her eyes, her smile faded and the panic grew. She was back in her own room, in her mother’s house. How? What? It couldn’t have been a dream, it simply couldn’t have. She wasn’t naked anymore, but dressed in her pajamas. She checked her computer and found nothing of her search for him. When she tried to do the search again that had located him, it came up empty. Elizabeth sat down on her bed, buried her head in her hands and for the first since she had woken up in this world that was so totally wrong, she cried.

Wonderful yet again! Is tomorrow's going to show how she gets out and what happens when Carson clears them both?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

KR can you put your missing moments on Ff.Net?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            S & M is what I listen to when I'm mad. For some reason it calms me down.

As for the gate as a cake, On Ace of Cakes I honestly could see Duff talking about carving a cake of the city first and needing to be talked into just the gate or a jumper.
            Me too. And all the discussion about how to make the upright gate on top of the cake. I can see a multi-tiered cake with the gate on top and drawings all down the sides of the people and the Wraith and scenes from the show. With ancient text around the layers.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Wonderful yet again! Is tomorrow's going to show how she gets out and what happens when Carson clears them both?
              Thanks and euhm, no... tonight I'm gonna post the Missing Moment to Common Ground.
              But you did give me an idea for the final version

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              KR can you put your missing moments on Ff.Net?
              Sorry, I don't use ff.net. Will let you guys know when I'll upload it to CD though.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Me too. And all the discussion about how to make the upright gate on top of the cake. I can see a multi-tiered cake with the gate on top and drawings all down the sides of the people and the Wraith and scenes from the show. With ancient text around the layers.
              Now I totally want a cake like that!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Found some vids worth sharing. One short and one long. Both with lots of eyesex. The second one is a Sparky journey from the beginning and fits great with the recent discussion of the early eyesex days.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                  And secretly Joe is a sparky shipper. Thus that amazing con kiss!

Oh thank you for posting that! I love seeing it ... over and over and over and over and over ... and it will make my work day SO much more bearable!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Found some vids worth sharing. One short and one long. Both with lots of eyesex. The second one is a Sparky journey from the beginning and fits great with the recent discussion of the early eyesex days.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Loved those!!

Thought I'd share one I made.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Oh thank you for posting that! I love seeing it ... over and over and over and over and over ... and it will make my work day SO much more bearable!
                      No problem. If only we had some more Sparky kisses.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

Spoiler:

“John Sheppard?”

“Who wants to know?”

“Elizabeth Weir.”

He grinned. “Try me.”

He nodded. “You betcha.”

“Flirting now, are we?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“Shep, you’re late!”

“Lorne!”

“Very much.”

Flabbergasted. Mainly cuz I'm trying to picture John with long hair and a tattoo. Tattoo, eeh, maybe could see. Long hair? LOL! Awesome job as always, definitely looking forward to the next one!

Comment

No problem. If only we had some more Sparky kisses.
                          Amen.

Okay, question: where does the thing with John and the turkey sandwiches come from? Cuz if webmaster has made a smilie for it: , then it's gotta be canon, but I can't remember where from ... Anybody help me out here???

Comment

Amen.

Okay, question: where does the thing with John and the turkey sandwiches come from? Cuz if webmaster has made a smilie for it: , then it's gotta be canon, but I can't remember where from ... Anybody help me out here???
                            Well, I know that from watching the pilot yesterday. That when he's in the puddlejumper and everytime he thinks of something the ship comes up with what he's thinking. Like where they are and such. So he says I'm thinking of a turkey sandwich, then he says it was worth a shot. I believe that's where it came from.

Comment

Loved those!!

Thought I'd share one I made.
                              Great vid. I love those woobie!John scenes.

Amen.

Okay, question: where does the thing with John and the turkey sandwiches come from? Cuz if webmaster has made a smilie for it: http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...chmentid=27800, then it's gotta be canon, but I can't remember where from ... Anybody help me out here???
                              Kinky_Carter is correct. And I just rewatched Suspicion. In that one Ford brings along a turkey sandwich to bribe John into letting him come along on the jumper trip to explore the planet. Also a cute scene.

And also in Suspicion I noticed something completely new. Here's a picspam of one of our favorite Sparky scenes with my observations:

Spoiler:
                              John asks if she'd like them to bring anything back like groceries, a new outfit, flatware.

She says no, just yourselves in one piece please in a teasing voice. Notice the big ole grin on Ford's face which stays there.

Random cute guy also looks a big amused. Rodney and Teyla look clueless but whatever. And John is just so proud of himself for amusing her.

Now by this point in the episode John and Elizabeth have been conflicted a lot. She has yelled at him. He has been pouty and snarky with her. But here they are teasing each other. And he's about to bust his buttons because he got a rise out of her and he knows she's not mad at him anymore.

She keeps looking right at him. And he knows she's looking. He wants to look back at her so badly he can barely stand it. I'm surprised he wasn't bouncing on his toes.

She turns to walk away still giving him the look and he turns his head back toward her. It's like there's a string connecting them. Everyone else is entirely clueless by this point. But Elizabeth ignores them.

She walks away and he's still oriented toward her. Now draw a line between her eyes and his. I couldn't find a cap but there should be a split second before this one when their eyes meet again before she walks away.

And she's gone but John still has that proud of himself look on his face. This just made his day and he's ready to go battle the Wraith or anything she wants him to do.

sigpic

Comment

aaahhhhhhh.....
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X