Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Done! I want my message now
    Spoiled baby. Want some cheese with that whine?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
      And secretly Joe is a sparky shipper. Thus that amazing con kiss!

Oh that kiss will NEVER get old, because he was SO playing the role of John Sheppard right there, with the grin, perking up and lifting two fingers. I totally luff him for that!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Spoiled baby. Want some cheese with that whine?
        Cheese and grapes, please.

Comment

Oh that kiss will NEVER get old, because he was SO playing the role of John Sheppard right there, with the grin, perking up and lifting two fingers. I totally luff him for that!
          Like he's saying. "Who's gonna kiss her but my character? Watch this."

Cheese and grapes, please.
          Blue cheese and black grapes. Yum. With a nice glass of Cabernet.
          sigpic

Comment

Like he's saying. "Who's gonna kiss her but my character? Watch this."

Blue cheese and black grapes. Yum. With a nice glass of Cabernet.
            And indeed we watched! *makes a toast*

Comment

See now, who do you think had feelings for who first? Sheppard fell for Elizabeth first? Elizabeth was such a strong character, sometimes stoic. But they always had an unspeakable bond, they needed no words. I think maybe Joe was alright with the idea of their two characters having something. Or come on how could Joe and Torri not find each other attractive?

Comment

See now, who do you think had feelings for who first? Sheppard fell for Elizabeth first? Elizabeth was such a strong character, sometimes stoic. But they always had an unspeakable bond, they needed no words. I think maybe Joe was alright with the idea of their two characters having something. Or come on how could Joe and Torri not find each other attractive?
                I wouldn't know what the actors thought about one another - I think it's a matter of respect not to speculate on things like that. I find myself feeling extremely uncomfortable while discussing a real person's private life, but characters are a fair game, and the discussion about John and Elizabeth is certainly something I enjoy.

I think the falling for each other, if we choose to see their connection as romantic, was mutual and more or less simultaneous, and while John was learning to respect Elizabeth's decisions and her guidance - and learning that she would hear him out and consider his POV, unlike nhis previous "bosses", she was learning to share her responsibility with him and rely on him. It might seem mundane but I find it incredibly romantic, because they're two stubborn people who, by default, think they have only themselves to rely on.

Comment

No no no no no no. Joe and Torri have no attraction for each other and we can't even speculate on that. RPS is not for us in any way shape or form. As far as I know, they aren't even friends in RL and we can't even hint that they are. This thread is watched like a hawk so let's not give anyone reason to mod us.
                  sigpic

Comment

No no no no no no. Joe and Torri have no attraction for each other and we can't even speculate on that. RPS is not for us in any way shape or form. As far as I know, they aren't even friends in RL and we can't even hint that they are. This thread is watched like a hawk so let's not give anyone reason to mod us.
                    Amen.

Comment

Was rewatching the pilot for SGA. And you can notice the subtle glances and comments made between John and Elizabeth.

Comment

Oh I love Mary Alice. She is just a sea of calm in the chaos sometimes but you can just see her little wheels turning. LOL And Mr. SR loves Geof. He takes being Zen to a whole new level. Anyone who's never seen Ace of Cakes needs to find it on the Food Network.

Oh honey. CCR is my band from my college days. I got stories...that have to remain untold. Those songs just trigger huge memories with me and my friends.
                        Then you'll be happy to know she is expecting and the little guy is due around New Years. Really anybody working with Duff would have to be incredibly calm or Zen like because of all of his antics. Reminds me of some fics I read back in the day with John and Liz sharing an eye roll while McKay was ranting about something.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Then you'll be happy to know she is expecting and the little guy is due around New Years. Really anybody working with Duff would have to be incredibly calm or Zen like because of all of his antics. Reminds me of some fics I read back in the day with John and Liz sharing an eye roll while McKay was ranting about something.
                          But can McKay bake a cake in the shape of a puddle jumper? I always wanted to see what Duff and company could do with the 'gate. That would make a cool cake.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Ah, CCR. I LOVE them. Mandogater, I'm like you, Metallica's my favorite, though! XD

As to unspoken Sparky moments nephtys brought up...I can't say that I ever thought there would be 'unspoken' moments, because my mind works too much on an analytical level sometimes, and so even before I knew the behind-the-scenes stuff I figured they'd never say anything, just because that's the way Stargate was traditionally built. And its sort of taboo for leads to do that sort of thing. I crossed my fingers it might happen subversively in the last season of the show (ah, naivete...) but never thought they were going to have a 'magic moment' until something really big happened that was a show shifter, much later into the show's run. Of course, that happened, but not to our advantage. =\

I will say, though, that there were some things that threw me for a loop as to my expectations for the relationship--places I didn't think they'd go but they did:

1) Kolya bluffing Elizabeth's death to John and John completely snapping over it in The Eye

2) Personal gift giving with such flirtation in "Before I Sleep"

3) The whole 'don't scare me like that!' moment in The Siege

4) Elizabeth being so darn stubborn about finding John in "Epiphany"

5) The 'defending your honor' scene in Misbegotten

6) Basically John's entire involvement in "The Real World"

7) John carrying Elizabeth in Echoes (that literally had me dancing on the carpet of my living room)

8) John's crying over her in Adrift

9) John's expressions in Miller's Crossing at the mention of her name

10) John's expression at seeing her again in This Mortal Coil

11) John's reaction to her in Ghost in the Machine

Those last 3 I chalk up more to JF than production, but, hey, they kept them in the final edits and didn't redirect the scene.

But by far the biggest pleasant surprise was "The Eye". That went against what is traditionally expected and they really ramped it up for all it was worth. Easily the episode that made me both a Sparky and an SGA fan.
                            You can't go wrong with the S & M double disc!

Isn't it funny how while trying not to write a ship TPTB managed to give us so many shippy moments that just screamed Shep and Weir were pretty meant to be.
                            Last edited by mandogater; 13 September 2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

But can McKay bake a cake in the shape of a puddle jumper? I always wanted to see what Duff and company could do with the 'gate. That would make a cool cake.
                              Very true. I really must tinker with any other fic idea I had for Ace of Cakes making an anniversery cake for the expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                You can't go wrong with the S & M double disc!

Isn't it funny how while trying not to write a ship TPTB managed to give us so many shippy moments that just screamed Shep and Weir were pretty meant to be.
                                ZOMG S&M IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I have to stop because I'll go into fangirlish squeeing that shall not end.

The gate would make a cool cake. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to do, either as fancy cakes go...
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X