Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I always wished they had continued that conversation. But they just dropped it like it never happened. It was weird not seeing onscreen how their disagreement was resolved.
    I know. It seemed like they meant for the trust issue to come up later but it never did. I know TPTB and JF said that they tried to do more controversy between them but it just didn't work. So maybe they realized they worked better as friends and dropped it. But what they didn't see was that it would have worked great within the friendship and made them closer. Plus it was really hot. LOL Maybe that's the part they really didn't like. *sporks TPTB*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I know. It seemed like they meant for the trust issue to come up later but it never did. I know TPTB and JF said that they tried to do more controversy between them but it just didn't work. So maybe they realized they worked better as friends and dropped it. But what they didn't see was that it would have worked great within the friendship and made them closer. Plus it was really hot. LOL Maybe that's the part they really didn't like. *sporks TPTB*
      Yea, resolving the disagreement onscreen would have showed how they came to trust each other so much. Because they obviously still did after that. Lol, yeah because tptb didn't want them to say anything with actual words in case anyone got the "wrong idea". lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Yea, resolving the disagreement onscreen would have showed how they came to trust each other so much. Because they obviously still did after that. Lol, yeah because tptb didn't want them to say anything with actual words in case anyone got the "wrong idea". lol
        *snerks* Like anyone would be able to think otherwise with all the sparks that keep flying across the desk between them.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *wibbles* It's still such a shock to see things between them fall apart like that.

Of course, Elizabeth's birthday is coming up. John, you've got a golden opportunity.
          And he already found out when her birthday is, so that really would be a golden opportunity

Eeep.
          Easiest would be a plane, but I really cannot afford the $750 for the flight right now. Let alone the hotel, food, public transport and anything I want to buy at the con (like autographs).

He really did always take her safety as a personal mission, didn't he? And the way they each cared about saving the other in HZ was amazing. If only they had been allowed to continue that conversation at the end. *sporks Carson and Rodney*
          Talk about 'Worst timing ever'!

Ooooh, that's so true. Every time tptb tried to drive a wedge between them, something else happened that brought them closer again. Or you could just read it in their eyes or from they way they're standing that their friendship couldn't break. Good thing tptb were at least smart enough to notice that, or we would have ended up with two very OOC characters... not to mention a completely different show.

*snerks* Like anyone would be able to think otherwise with all the sparks that keep flying across the desk between them.
          And yet, some people still can't see those sparks... amazes me every time...

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning Sparkies! Joe just tweeted that the movie will wrap in another week so it looks good for Chicago. *all digits crossed*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              And yet, some people still can't see those sparks... amazes me every time...
              Because they look only with the eyes, but not with the heart.
              Inspiration for a motivator, will create it tomorrow.
              I'm at work and this evening I have dinner with cat lovers

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                That's true. You know I don't understand why everyone can't see what we see, but it's okay if they don't. We just want to enjoy our ship and it's nice to no longer be considered deluded and crazy. (You should have been here in the old days.) Now we are still going strong and SGARising is going to be so huge and even the non-shippers can enjoy it. I love what we've accomplished here and am proud of all of us.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Good morning Sparkies! Joe just tweeted that the movie will wrap in another week so it looks good for Chicago. *all digits crossed*

Yeehaw! *pumps fist in the air* You're gonna have so much fun!

That sounds like a great phrase for a motivator, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

That's true. You know I don't understand why everyone can't see what we see, but it's okay if they don't. We just want to enjoy our ship and it's nice to no longer be considered deluded and crazy. (You should have been here in the old days.) Now we are still going strong and SGARising is going to be so huge and even the non-shippers can enjoy it. I love what we've accomplished here and am proud of all of us.
                  I'm enjoying our renaissance here, too. We've got something amazing to really be excited about and keep our love for Sparky strong. It's a great time to be a Sparky fan!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think I know what it feels like (remembering old A/T times ... they used to bash me any time).
                    Well, in order to explain why I like this ship, it would involve comparison with another one and breaking some rules here and I won't, I think I will just make a post on my LJ tomorrow and you will comment there.

OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Had a really crappy week at work and this evening I have a dinner scheduled with cat lovers. I'm really tired, but I think I will go anyway and put a fake smile on my face. Damn ... the only good thing is that weekend will be longer (monday is holiday in Italy) and maybe I will be inspired enough to make some Sparky graphics or videos or don't-know-what.

SGARising is a great source of joy and inspiration to me.
                    Something to look forward to.
                    Thanks to you all!

Comment

I think I know what it feels like (remembering old A/T times ... they used to bash me any time).
                      Well, in order to explain why I like this ship, it would involve comparison with another one and breaking some rules here and I won't, I think I will just make a post on my LJ tomorrow and you will comment there.

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Had a really crappy week at work and this evening I have a dinner scheduled with cat lovers. I'm really tired, but I think I will go anyway and put a fake smile on my face. Damn ... the only good thing is that weekend will be longer (monday is holiday in Italy) and maybe I will be inspired enough to make some Sparky graphics or videos or don't-know-what.

Thanks to you all!
                      Sorry you're so tired. I will indeed look forward to that LJ post and you know I will comment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nephtys, here's a wee something to perhaps cheer you up? Something I've been working on at lunch at work for fun...

PM_wall.jpg
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Nephtys, here's a wee something to perhaps cheer you up? Something I've been working on at lunch at work for fun...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27342[/ATTACH]
                          OMG wowee! Love this!
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Yay!!! And only 15 more days!!!!

*hugs* Reading something like this makes me feel so good and so insanely proud to be a Sparky. And you're absolutely right. We are still going very strong. Dare I even say we're going stronger!

Pretty!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

OT
                              Spoiler:

Thanks to you all!
                              *huggles* I'll be looking forward to that post on LJ, too. And enjoy your dinner out... maybe that little pick-me-up is just what you need!

ZOMG! That's amazing and beautiful, Eri!

And that reminds me... we had discussed the possibility of making Atlantis Rising episodes available in ebook reader formats, and I was thinking it'd be nice to have cover artwork for each of them. I wonder if we could have some sort of basic design template that would be consistent for all the covers, with added images appropriate to each story. Kind of like how Big Finish did the covers for their SG-1 and Atlantis audio dramas, perhaps. What are everyone's thoughts?

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              *hugs* Reading something like this makes me feel so good and so insanely proud to be a Sparky. And you're absolutely right. We are still going very strong. Dare I even say we're going stronger!
                              Oh, I think we can definitely dare to say we're even stronger!

Comment

*huggles* I'll be looking forward to that post on LJ, too. And enjoy your dinner out... maybe that little pick-me-up is just what you need!

ZOMG! That's amazing and beautiful, Eri!

And that reminds me... we had discussed the possibility of making Atlantis Rising episodes available in ebook reader formats, and I was thinking it'd be nice to have cover artwork for each of them. I wonder if we could have some sort of basic design template that would be consistent for all the covers, with added images appropriate to each story. Kind of like how Big Finish did the covers for their SG-1 and Atlantis audio dramas, perhaps. What are everyone's thoughts?

Oh, I think we can definitely dare to say we're even stronger!
                                *ebil lawyer side about to come out* ---------->about the e-reader thing...

While I think what we're doing so far is safely considered 'fandom just for fun', I think if we tread into putting cover art of licensed images we don't have the right to on stuff that might be broadcast across official e-readers like a Kindle or a iPad might be pushing the envelop as far as the copyright is concerned. Stuff we're doing now, like wallpapers, icons, sigs, etc is sort of mainstream, and though it's all infringement, it's sort of par for the course in terms of web stuff and fandom.

But e-readers are a little bit of a step above the traditional fansites, and because the bulk of their product is sold-for-profit stuff, I'm leery about attaching images or anything to them. Though our stuff would still be free, I'm afraid it might be crossing over that fine copyright line...
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X