No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweets the Sparkies might be interested in.....

Spoiler:

martinfirrell Lovely Torri Higginson - where are you?

I think someone already got this one, but it's so cute it deserves repeating, lol...

JoeFlanigan Dublin sacked. Next stop, Glasgow. http://twitpic.com/2co7me

Sure hope Martin finds Torri and whew - hope Ireland survives Flanigan & Momoa
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      Tweets the Sparkies might be interested in.....

Spoiler:

martinfirrell Lovely Torri Higginson - where are you?

I think someone already got this one, but it's so cute it deserves repeating, lol...

JoeFlanigan Dublin sacked. Next stop, Glasgow. http://twitpic.com/2co7me

Sure hope Martin finds Torri and whew - hope Ireland survives Flanigan & Momoa
      I hope Martin finds her too. He won't give up I think. And did you check out the tweets from the other guys in the movie this morning? Evidently the whole gang went on the pub crawl. http://twitter.com/Topomanyare and http://twitter.com/Chrissymacc Not a word today from team Flanigan. Maybe they aren't so awake. LOL Lesson learned. Never try to outdrink the Irish.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I hope Martin finds her too. He won't give up I think. And did you check out the tweets from the other guys in the movie this morning? Evidently the whole gang went on the pub crawl. http://twitter.com/Topomanyare and http://twitter.com/Chrissymacc Not a word today from team Flanigan. Maybe they aren't so awake. LOL Lesson learned. Never try to outdrink the Irish.
        Oh my.....they indeed sacked Dublin. Whew - bet they're sleeping in today!
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Hi! Did I miss something?
          It will be one of my last posts before to leave this forum during 1 week or more.

Kris: Excellent fics.
          Homie: Buenos dias! Qué tal?

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
          I saw Sparky moments since the beginning and, as I was first of all a fan of Elizabeth Weir, I thought that -if well written- a loving relationship with Sheppard would have worked in the show.

I mean, not immediately, but in Season 3 I think they were ready for that step.
          It wouldn't have been easy, considering their positions on Atlantis, probably they would have been forced to keep it secret, but it could work. And it could be great.

The right moment for that love to blossom would have been "The Return" imho.
          They were back home, no more Atlantis, no more barriers (he was working at the SGC, she was out of the Stargate program).

And then ... Replicators kill all the ancients and they are back to the city ... back to their positions. I can even imagine them being apart for a while because they don't know how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't even change the Adrift/Lifeline story ... John was devastated when he was forced to leave Elizabeth in Replicator's hand.

Getting her back would have been great for the show, because it would have caused some interesting conflicts:
          -the IOA not trusting Elizabeth, they don't give her her position back
          -Elizabeth losing direction for a while, because she doesn't know what to do
          -conflicts with Carter
          -internal struggle because of what she was through with the Replicators
          -finding a new inspiration and a new sense of purpose

And writing this I want to make clear I didn't want Stargate Atlantis to be a soap opera. I only believe that, if the writers had the nerve to finally explore a Boss-2ic relationship, it could have been the gratest love story ever told in Science Fiction.
          Even if I would love this (It's why I will love the season 6), I don't think it would be a good idea for SGA. Let me explain. The show would be too shippy (the non-shipper would cry, the fans of others ships would cry.....)and the writers don't know how to write a ship and they don't have the guts to do this.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            Oh my.....they indeed sacked Dublin. Whew - bet they're sleeping in today!
            Maybe but evidently now they are at a hurling game. At first I thought Joe meant he was hurling. But now I get it. *snort*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Hi! Did I miss something?
            It will be one of my last posts before to leave this forum during 1 week or more.

Kris: Excellent fics.
            Homie: Buenos dias! Qué tal?

Even if I would love this (It's why I will love the season 6), I don't think it would be a good idea for SGA. Let me explain. The show would be too shippy (the non-shipper would cry, the fans of others ships would cry.....)and the writers don't know how to write a ship and they don't have the guts to do this.
            As always when you don't check in here you miss a ton. Joe and Jason tried to outdrink several Irishmen and evidently lost. Sparky is still going strong and having fun. Miss you. Have fun. Hurry back.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! So much for lazy, though, we're busy as bees!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              *Looks around* A donde esta mi sparkies? I know I've been a stranger lately, but I have a little, really little, bit of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth for all y'all.

Spoiler:
              Sir John stood on the balcony outside his room with eyes transfixed on an object on the horizon. Elizabeth’s ship, a little battered, was getting larger as it approached the shore of Chaya’s domain. Sir John’s gaze moved to the clock on a small table. There were only thirty-eight hours for Lady Elizabeth to rescue him.

“I see you woman survived,” Chaya entered Sir John’s room.

“Yes, and she will come for me,” Sir John replied defiantly.

“Seems like you’re not used to being the one rescued,” Chaya smirked.

“And it seems like you’re not used to being the prettiest girl in the room,” Sir John shot back with his own cocky smirk.

“We’ll see,” Chaya turned and left the room frustrated.

On the Daedalus…

“Lady Elizabeth, we’ll reach land in about eight hours,” Captain Caldwell informed Lady Elizabeth and Ronon.

“I see. After all that’s happened I know this will seem vain,” Lady Elizabeth paused, “but I need to find a courtier.”

“You mean that silly beauty pageant rumor is true?” Caldwell’s face contorted from the shock.

“Yes. I have to prove I’m more beautiful than some woman named Chaya,” Lady Elizabeth blushed.

“Well, I know about one. His work isn’t cheap and it’ll take us half-a-day out of our way,” Captain Caldwell seemed hesitant to make the detour.

“Lady Elizabeth help win fight. You now help her,” Ronon growled his disapproval of Caldwell’s perceived lack of honor.

“Easy big fella. We’ll go right now,” Caldwell answered.

“Thank you,” Lady Elizabeth said.

Half-a-day later…

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon entered a small village after the Daedalus docked to begin repairs. The village was small and simple. A small blacksmith’s shop at one end, a livery stable, an inn with the sound of evening laughter entering the streets, and some other small shops.

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon stopped in front of an old wood door. A small metal sign had “švadlena” stamped into it. Lady Elizabeth and Ronon shared a quizzical look at the foreign, and Lady Elizabeth shrugged and gave the door a few gentle knocks.

“Good evening, how can I help you?” a man with glasses and a thick foreign accent answered the door.

“Good evening. We’re looking for Monsieur Radek Zelenka,” Elizabeth replied with a friendly smile.

“I am him. We are about to close for the night, but you may come in for a few minutes,” Zelenka opened the door an invited Lady Elizabeth and Ronon inside.

“Monsieur Zelenka, I appreciate you seeing me without an appointment. But I need a very large favor,” Lady Elizabeth began.

“It’s not a problem. What is it that you need?” Zelenka asked as he gestured for Lady Elizabeth and Ronon to sit down.

“I need a dress…” Lady Elizabeth hesitated for a moment, “by tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow! Impossible!” Zelenka shook his head and began mumbling in what Lady Elizabeth and Ronon believed was the man’s native tongue.

“Please. I have to meet with Chaya…” Lady Elizabeth tried to explain her situation.

“Chaya! What business do you have with that ice queen?” Radek furled his brow in interest.

“She has my love hostage, and I must go ransom him back,” Lady Elizabeth replied.

“I see. I was her dress maker. She turned my people into unusually large penguins and made me work for free in exchange for making them human again. Chaya double crossed me and sent me to this little place,” Zelenka spoke while grabbing a measuring tape and chalk.

“Not nice to do,” Ronon shook his head in sympathy.

“Indeed not. Come on now, we have much to do,” Zelenka beckoned Lady Elizabeth to his work room.

“You make pretty dress?” Ronon asked.

“Pretty? This will be my finest work my friend,” Zelenka smiled confidently and patted Ronon and the shoulder.

By morning…

“Mommy, who cares about dresses?” Torren whined.

“Not young boys,” Teyla smiled.

“When is Lady Elizabeth going to rescue Sir John?” Torren’s eyes lit up.

“Soon, honey,” Teyla tucked in her son.

“Are they gonna have a catfight?” Torren asked.

“Not all disputes need to be settled with violence,” Teyla kissed her son goodnight.
              PK! We've missed you, man! Hooray for a new installment of our Sparky fantasy fic! Poor Radek... he is so gonna get back at Chaya, I just know it!

SR!!! You wanted Joe with beer?
              Get it

http://twitpic.com/2co7me
              ZOMG.

Looks like the leprechauns won this round.

I saw Sparky moments since the beginning and, as I was first of all a fan of Elizabeth Weir, I thought that -if well written- a loving relationship with Sheppard would have worked in the show.

I mean, not immediately, but in Season 3 I think they were ready for that step.
              It wouldn't have been easy, considering their positions on Atlantis, probably they would have been forced to keep it secret, but it could work. And it could be great.

The right moment for that love to blossom would have been "The Return" imho.
              They were back home, no more Atlantis, no more barriers (he was working at the SGC, she was out of the Stargate program).

And then ... Replicators kill all the ancients and they are back to the city ... back to their positions. I can even imagine them being apart for a while because they don't know how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't even change the Adrift/Lifeline story ... John was devastated when he was forced to leave Elizabeth in Replicator's hand.

Getting her back would have been great for the show, because it would have caused some interesting conflicts:
              -the IOA not trusting Elizabeth, they don't give her her position back
              -Elizabeth losing direction for a while, because she doesn't know what to do
              -conflicts with Carter
              -internal struggle because of what she was through with the Replicators
              -finding a new inspiration and a new sense of purpose

And writing this I want to make clear I didn't want Stargate Atlantis to be a soap opera. I only believe that, if the writers had the nerve to finally explore a Boss-2ic relationship, it could have been the gratest love story ever told in Science Fiction.
              Gee, that sounds kinda familiar...

Sounds like a quick synopsis of our S6. LOL And it would have worked great on the show. In fact I doubt the casual viewers would have objected much. The most unrealistic part of the show I think was the total lack of ship between the main characters. But then considering their idea of how that would go in S5, we were lucky it never happened. Though I can't imagine how they could have messed it up with Joe and Torri in the roles. They just wouidn't have let it go badly.
              Absolutely. Those two made Sparky terrific, even when it wasn't scripted. If it had been (even if badly), they would've made our TVs explode.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It seems quiet here today. I'm killing time until Mr. SR and I go eat an early dinner/late lunch.

And I don't think there was any way Sparky could have been done badly. If they got them together and then broke them up and hooked one or both of them up with someone else, then maybe. That would have soured me on the whole idea I think and I would have lost respect not only for the writers but the characters. I don't want my TV ships to be like real life where people hook up and break up and reconnect with someone else. I want my TV ships to be for life.

And the way it was done with her lost and John grieving was the best ending we could have hoped for considering these writers. Now there's probably going to be no more canon and it ends there.

sigpic

Comment

Hello again, everyone. Been out for most of the day, walking around Antwerp and looking for answers.
                  Anyway... seems like Jason also got pulled to the dark side: http://twitter.com/JasonMomoa

I'm drawing a blank for the rest... kinda tired... will post part 7 later...

Oh, and I'm working on colinferguson.net again... it's about time...

*closes eyes for a catnap*

Sig by me

Comment

It seems quiet here today.
                    Thus, we need a motivator

Spoiler:

Edit: SR, now you get Joe with Guinness http://twitpic.com/2cvocy
                    Yay!!!

Comment

They're at it again

Joe Fanigan Beer and Loathing-part 2. http://twitpic.com/2cvocy

And this time there is Guinness involved

Sig by me

Comment

It seems quiet here today. I'm killing time until Mr. SR and I go eat an early dinner/late lunch.

And I don't think there was any way Sparky could have been done badly. If they got them together and then broke them up and hooked one or both of them up with someone else, then maybe. That would have soured me on the whole idea I think and I would have lost respect not only for the writers but the characters. I don't want my TV ships to be like real life where people hook up and break up and reconnect with someone else. I want my TV ships to be for life.
                        Agreed. No soap opera hijinks, thanks much.

And the way it was done with her lost and John grieving was the best ending we could have hoped for considering these writers. Now there's probably going to be no more canon and it ends there.
                        And then continues with Atlantis Rising. The REAL canon, baby.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        Hello again, everyone. Been out for most of the day, walking around Antwerp and looking for answers.
                        Anyway... seems like Jason also got pulled to the dark side: http://twitter.com/JasonMomoa

I'm drawing a blank for the rest... kinda tired... will post part 7 later...

Oh, and I'm working on colinferguson.net again... it's about time...

*closes eyes for a catnap*
                        Oooh, Momoa's on Twitter? 'Scuse me, gotta go add him to our follow list. That is, if it's him...

Spoiler:
                        Ahahahah! I love that!

Yay!!!
                        Yes! Round two, with bonus cigars! LOL!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Oooh, Momoa's on Twitter? 'Scuse me, gotta go add him to our follow list. That is, if it's him...
                          Well, Joe is following him, and since they're together at the moment... I think you get where I'm going with this

Sig by me

Comment

Chapter 7 of 'Missing Moments'!
                            Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                            07: Underground

(after the ep)

“I just hope they don’t come all at once.”

“Even if it’s just one hive ship…” She ended her sentence with a shake of her head.

“We need to prepare for it.”

She sighed. He made it sound so easy. “I know but it breaks my heart to give up this city. Just imagine all the wonders we could still discover.”

“I know... it’s never easy to give up your home.”

A sad smile played on her lips. “Unbelievable isn’t it? That after barely five months this city already has become more of a home to us than Earth ever was.”

He nodded in agreement. “I would hate to see it destroyed, but I would hate it even more if it fell into the hands of the Wraith and if they used it to get to Earth.”

“The self-destruct protocols are in place.” Elizabeth pointed out.

“We just need to walk through the procedure to get everyone and everything evacuated on time.”

“Especially now that the Athosians are on the mainland.”

“And schedule a test or two to see if it all works out.” John said, still slightly amazed at the ease at which they talked and seemed to share the same ideas. It was nice to be able to lead this city with someone who shared the same ideas and ideals. It amazed him even more that she was a civilian and a woman. He never remembered ever being able to get along quite so well with anyone in charge... let alone a civilian woman. He smiled softly at her and she returned it without hesitation. His belly fluttered unexpectedly and he quickly cast his eyes away from her to look back at the sea.

~What the hell was that?~He wondered and decided to ignore it for now... whatever ‘it’ was.

“I’ll put an evacuation plan together with Bates. It’ll be on your desk first thing in the morning.”

“Thank you.” She said, not really able to meet his eyes either. Her belly had fluttered unexpectedly too and she wasn’t sure how to handle it.

The silence between them was suddenly awkward and John cleared his throat.

“I’d better go, otherwise we’ll never get it finished.”

Elizabeth nodded and heard him leave the balcony. She wondered what had just happened between them, but wrote it off as stress due to the day’s events.

Sig by me

Comment

Well, Joe is following him, and since they're together at the moment... I think you get where I'm going with this
                              So he is... Well, well, well.

Ah, your Chapter 7 is so very nice! I like the calm, quiet moments... especially when John's belly starts doing flip-flops over Lizzeh.

Comment

Yay!!!

And so we shall have a beer motivator.

Spoiler:

Chapter 7 of 'Missing Moments'!
                                Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                                07: Underground

(after the ep)

“I just hope they don’t come all at once.”

“Even if it’s just one hive ship…” She ended her sentence with a shake of her head.

“We need to prepare for it.”

She sighed. He made it sound so easy. “I know but it breaks my heart to give up this city. Just imagine all the wonders we could still discover.”

“I know... it’s never easy to give up your home.”

A sad smile played on her lips. “Unbelievable isn’t it? That after barely five months this city already has become more of a home to us than Earth ever was.”

He nodded in agreement. “I would hate to see it destroyed, but I would hate it even more if it fell into the hands of the Wraith and if they used it to get to Earth.”

“The self-destruct protocols are in place.” Elizabeth pointed out.

“We just need to walk through the procedure to get everyone and everything evacuated on time.”

“Especially now that the Athosians are on the mainland.”

“And schedule a test or two to see if it all works out.” John said, still slightly amazed at the ease at which they talked and seemed to share the same ideas. It was nice to be able to lead this city with someone who shared the same ideas and ideals. It amazed him even more that she was a civilian and a woman. He never remembered ever being able to get along quite so well with anyone in charge... let alone a civilian woman. He smiled softly at her and she returned it without hesitation. His belly fluttered unexpectedly and he quickly cast his eyes away from her to look back at the sea.

~What the hell was that?~He wondered and decided to ignore it for now... whatever ‘it’ was.

“I’ll put an evacuation plan together with Bates. It’ll be on your desk first thing in the morning.”

“Thank you.” She said, not really able to meet his eyes either. Her belly had fluttered unexpectedly too and she wasn’t sure how to handle it.

The silence between them was suddenly awkward and John cleared his throat.

“I’d better go, otherwise we’ll never get it finished.”

Elizabeth nodded and heard him leave the balcony. She wondered what had just happened between them, but wrote it off as stress due to the day’s events.
                                I love it when their tummies flutter.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X