Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    And another fic, based on one of the prompts SMB_books posted and the challenge FH set.
    Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
    Title: You want me to what?
    Author: Kris Russel
    Rating: PG
    Category: Angst, Romance
    Spoilers: none
    Summary: John is sitting with Heightmeyer for a post mission talk but the subject turns in a completely different direction.
    Disclaimer: Not mine and will never be mine.
    Author’s Note: written for my lovely Sparky friends on GW and especially for SMB_Books who provided the prompt and for Falcon Horus who challenged us to use Kate in the fic. And kudos to the awesome Scary Kitty for her uber-beta skills.

"Colonel, you lost two men under your command today while you were off world."
    John gave the psychiatrist sitting across from him a glare and got up from the couch, pacing the space in front of the window and eventually settling on just staring outside.
    Kate Heightmeyer let out an inaudible sigh. John had always been one of her worst patients. He had no problem sending the people working under his command to see her when they had problems, but if it concerned him then it was a completely different case. From the moment he entered her office, he seemed to lose the ability to talk.
    "Why are you here?" She eventually asked him even though she already knew the answer.
    There was something in his stance that changed, something Kate had noticed before, but never so clearly.
    "Dr. Weir told me to come." John said stiffly, but Kate could hear a softness in his voice and it made her smile involuntarily.
    "The two of you work closely together, don't you?"
    John shrugged in an almost 'Duh!' manner and kept staring outside.
    "If she sent you here, that means she worries about your well being."
    His stance slightly changed again. "She's our leader, of course she worries."
    The way he pronounced 'leader' was also remarkable, Kate noted. There was a trace of respect and awe, but she could also clearly hear a trace of regret.
    For show she flicked through his file that lay next to her on the couch. "The thing is that you're one of the few people she actually orders to come and talk to me."
    He shrugged once more, looser now, like he didn't actually want to think about what she was saying. "She knows I'm not talkative."
    "That's not what I hear from your colleagues. Most people on Atlantis describe you as social, always ready to hear them out and give them advice. So, why are you not like that when you're in here with me?"
    Now his stance tensed and his shoulders squared. "I thought I was here to talk about the people I lost today."
    "You are. But there are other things going on too and maybe they need to be resolved first before we can get to the matter at hand."
    He stayed quiet and stared outside.
    "I think that right now the thing bothering you most is your relationship with Dr. Weir."
    He scoffed, but his shoulders tensed again, telling Kate she was on the right track.
    "How do you feel about her?"
    He stayed quiet for a while, clearly thinking about the question and the answer he should give. "She's my superior, whatever I feel doesn't matter."
    "I disagree." Kate answered. "Feelings are a very important aspect of life. Ignoring them can lead to other symptoms. It's usually best to face your feelings."
    "It's not that easy."
    "Because she's your superior?"
    John nodded, still staring outside.
    "But is she, really? I know that on paper she leads this expedition, but doesn't she ask you for advice? Doesn't she include you in everything that's going on? If you ask most people on this base who leads this expedition, both your names will be mentioned."
    "That's not fair for her."
    "Why not?"
    Now he turned to Kate and his eyes seemed to spit fire. "Because she's the one who has to take all the **** that the IOA and the SGC throw at her. Because she's the one who needs to make the hard decisions. Because she's the one who feels guilty to the core every time someone gets killed."
    "Doesn't she share that burden with you? Doesn't she talk to you about it?"
    John looked at her like only now he really saw her for the first time, but stayed quiet.
    "She does, doesn't she? Do you really think she would do that with just anyone? She views you as her equal in more than one aspect and commanding this city and sharing the burden are two of them."
    He turned back to the window.
    "I also think she feels the same about you as you feel about her."
    John tensed up once more.
    "So.... I want you to tell her how you feel about her."
    His head whipped around to her. "You want me to what?"
    "I want you to tell her how you feel about her."
    John opened his mouth, shook his head and turned back to stare outside.
    "If you don't think she feels the same about you and she'll turn you down, you are very much mistaken."
    He scoffed. "What, she told you?"
    "No, I see it in the way she talks to you. In the way she confides in you. In the way she looks at you. If you don't believe me, look for the signs. You will see them."
    "Isn't our time up yet?"
    Kate looked at her watch and nodded. "Yes."
    Without another word, John walked out.

The days passed by as they usually did. But John didn't forget about what Kate had told him and slowly he started to see the signs she had told him about and it astounded him he had never seen it before. The things Elizabeth told him about missions, reports and even herself were all told in confidence and he knew he was the only one she confided in like that. The way she gently put her hand on his arm after he told her about a difficult mission. The way she looked at him at times nearly took his breath away. The way they silently held entire conversations with only their eyes in the span of less than a second. How he knew what she was going to say before she even opened her mouth. How she shut him up with her eyes before he had even opened his mouth. How silence between them was never uncomfortable. How there was relief in her eyes when they made it back from a dangerous mission. When she laughed his stomach fluttered, especially when she laughed in a way that made her eyes twinkle. The way her voice turned softer when it was just the two of them on the balcony. How one of them always seemed to sense when the other one needed comfort or needed to talk. How she challenged him intellectually by letting Rodney leave some of the math for him. How they agreed on nearly everything and how they listened to and respected each others opinion when they didn't see eye-to-eye.
    John realized he was deeply in love with Elizabeth and by her actions, he could now tell she felt the same about him. He had always laughed at the concept of soulmates, but now... now he started believing in it.

"I heard you wanted to talk to me."
    John slightly turned and gave Elizabeth a smile. He'd been waiting for her on the east pier for a couple of minutes and he was relieved she had received his invitation. Night had fallen already and the lights of the city reflected on the water, giving her face a beautiful glow.
    "Yes, there's something I wanted to show you."
    She stood next to him and looked up at the huge spires surrounding them.
    "So, what am I supposed to see?"
    "Give it a moment." John had barely spoken the words and all the outer lights in the city suddenly went out, leaving them in sudden darkness, the stars in the night sky now shining brightly.
    Elizabeth took a step closer to him and as she wanted to reach for her earpiece, John took her hand in his, stopping the action and interlaced his fingers with hers.
    "Look up."
    She gave him a strange look, but followed his gaze up. She gasped and her eyes widened at the sight. Dozens, maybe even hundreds of falling stars were suddenly filling the sky and it was one of the most amazing things she had ever seen.
    "Once every 200 years, this planet passes the outer belt of a meteor field, giving us a very pretty light show. The meteors all burn up before they reach the surface, so the city and mainland should be safe."
    For a moment Elizabeth stayed quiet, but then suddenly realized something.
    "How come I didn't know about this?"
    He gave her a sheepish look. "I asked McKay to keep it quiet. I euhm... I wanted to surprise you."
    Her smile turned soft and she squeezed his hand.
    "Thank you. It's amazing and absolutely beautiful."
    He wanted to say 'just like you', but kept silent for now, just grinning proudly.
    "You could make a wish." He eventually suggested.
    "I already did." She answered without missing a beat.
    "So did I." He confessed with a soft voice and turned to her as she turned to him.
    "John..."
    He licked his lips and even in the dark she could see he was looking at her lips with a trace of longing in his eyes and it took her breath away.
    Words were unnecessary just like so many times before, because each knew what the other wanted.
    Slowly they inched closer and their lips softly collided. The kiss stayed chaste but it told them all they needed to know and more than words ever could.
    When they finally parted, their foreheads touched and small smile appeared on both their faces.
    "Remind me to thank Heightmeyer." John whispered and Elizabeth gave him a questioning look.
    "She wanted me to tell you that... that..."
    Elizabeth efficiently silenced him by locking her lips with his.
    When they parted again, she gave him a small, but loving smile. "I know."
    "Good." Grinning slightly, he kissed her again, this time letting the kiss deepen and wrapping their arms around each other.
    His lips then traveled down her jawline and her neck while his hand found a trace of bare skin under her shirt. She gasped as his fingers gently traced over her skin and she held him closer. His mouth lingered by her ear and she shuddered as she felt his breath caress her ear.
    "I love you." He whispered quietly and she closed her eyes, trying to hold him even closer, reveling in his arms and closeness.
    "I love you too."
    "Thank, God." He grinned and gave her another chaste kiss.
    Eventually he moved her around, so her back was against his front and he wrapped his arms around her middle as he looked up at the many falling stars.
    Her hands rested on his and her head leaned on his shoulder while she stared up at the sky.
    "My wish has come true." He said after a while.
    "So has mine." She confessed and he held her closer, smiling contently.

The End
    Awwwwwwwww ................. *melts*
    Soooooooooooooooooo romantic!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And another fic, based on one of the prompts SMB_books posted and the challenge FH set.
      Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
      Summary: John is sitting with Heightmeyer for a post mission talk but the subject turns in a completely different direction.
      Author’s Note: written for my lovely Sparky friends on GW and especially for SMB_Books who provided the prompt and for Falcon Horus who challenged us to use Kate in the fic. And kudos to the awesome Scary Kitty for her uber-beta skills.

John gave the psychiatrist sitting across from him a glare and got up from the couch, pacing the space in front of the window and eventually settling on just staring outside.
      Kate Heightmeyer let out an inaudible sigh. John had always been one of her worst patients. He had no problem sending the people working under his command to see her when they had problems, but if it concerned him then it was a completely different case. From the moment he entered her office, he seemed to lose the ability to talk.
      "Why are you here?" She eventually asked him even though she already knew the answer.
      There was something in his stance that changed, something Kate had noticed before, but never so clearly.
      "Dr. Weir told me to come." John said stiffly, but Kate could hear a softness in his voice and it made her smile involuntarily.
      The way he pronounced 'leader' was also remarkable, Kate noted. There was a trace of respect and awe, but she could also clearly hear a trace of regret.
      For show she flicked through his file that lay next to her on the couch. "The thing is that you're one of the few people she actually orders to come and talk to me."
      He shrugged once more, looser now, like he didn't actually want to think about what she was saying. "She knows I'm not talkative."
      "That's not what I hear from your colleagues. Most people on Atlantis describe you as social, always ready to hear them out and give them advice. So, why are you not like that when you're in here with me?"
      Now his stance tensed and his shoulders squared. "I thought I was here to talk about the people I lost today."
      "You are. But there are other things going on too and maybe they need to be resolved first before we can get to the matter at hand."
      "I think that right now the thing bothering you most is your relationship with Dr. Weir."
      He scoffed, but his shoulders tensed again, telling Kate she was on the right track.
      He stayed quiet for a while, clearly thinking about the question and the answer he should give. "She's my superior, whatever I feel doesn't matter."
      "I disagree." Kate answered. "Feelings are a very important aspect of life. Ignoring them can lead to other symptoms. It's usually best to face your feelings."
      "It's not that easy."
      "But is she, really? I know that on paper she leads this expedition, but doesn't she ask you for advice? Doesn't she include you in everything that's going on? If you ask most people on this base who leads this expedition, both your names will be mentioned."
      "Why not?"
      Now he turned to Kate and his eyes seemed to spit fire. "Because she's the one who has to take all the **** that the IOA and the SGC throw at her. Because she's the one who needs to make the hard decisions. Because she's the one who feels guilty to the core every time someone gets killed."
      John looked at her like only now he really saw her for the first time, but stayed quiet.
      "She does, doesn't she? Do you really think she would do that with just anyone? She views you as her equal in more than one aspect and commanding this city and sharing the burden are two of them."
      "If you don't think she feels the same about you and she'll turn you down, you are very much mistaken."
      "No, I see it in the way she talks to you. In the way she confides in you. In the way she looks at you. If you don't believe me, look for the signs. You will see them."
      "Isn't our time up yet?"

The days passed by as they usually did. But John didn't forget about what Kate had told him and slowly he started to see the signs she had told him about and it astounded him he had never seen it before. The things Elizabeth told him about missions, reports and even herself were all told in confidence and he knew he was the only one she confided in like that. The way she gently put her hand on his arm after he told her about a difficult mission. The way she looked at him at times nearly took his breath away. The way they silently held entire conversations with only their eyes in the span of less than a second. How he knew what she was going to say before she even opened her mouth. How she shut him up with her eyes before he had even opened his mouth. How silence between them was never uncomfortable. How there was relief in her eyes when they made it back from a dangerous mission. When she laughed his stomach fluttered, especially when she laughed in a way that made her eyes twinkle. The way her voice turned softer when it was just the two of them on the balcony. How one of them always seemed to sense when the other one needed comfort or needed to talk. How she challenged him intellectually by letting Rodney leave some of the math for him. How they agreed on nearly everything and how they listened to and respected each others opinion when they didn't see eye-to-eye.
      John realized he was deeply in love with Elizabeth and by her actions, he could now tell she felt the same about him. He had always laughed at the concept of soulmates, but now... now he started believing in it.

John slightly turned and gave Elizabeth a smile. He'd been waiting for her on the east pier for a couple of minutes and he was relieved she had received his invitation. Night had fallen already and the lights of the city reflected on the water, giving her face a beautiful glow.
      "Give it a moment." John had barely spoken the words and all the outer lights in the city suddenly went out, leaving them in sudden darkness, the stars in the night sky now shining brightly.
      Elizabeth took a step closer to him and as she wanted to reach for her earpiece, John took her hand in his, stopping the action and interlaced his fingers with hers.
      "Look up."
      She gave him a strange look, but followed his gaze up. She gasped and her eyes widened at the sight. Dozens, maybe even hundreds of falling stars were suddenly filling the sky and it was one of the most amazing things she had ever seen.
      "Once every 200 years, this planet passes the outer belt of a meteor field, giving us a very pretty light show. The meteors all burn up before they reach the surface, so the city and mainland should be safe."
      He gave her a sheepish look. "I asked McKay to keep it quiet. I euhm... I wanted to surprise you."
      He wanted to say 'just like you', but kept silent for now, just grinning proudly.
      "So did I." He confessed with a soft voice and turned to her as she turned to him.
      "John..."
      He licked his lips and even in the dark she could see he was looking at her lips with a trace of longing in his eyes and it took her breath away.
      Words were unnecessary just like so many times before, because each knew what the other wanted.
      Slowly they inched closer and their lips softly collided. The kiss stayed chaste but it told them all they needed to know and more than words ever could.
      When they finally parted, their foreheads touched and small smile appeared on both their faces.
      "Remind me to thank Heightmeyer." John whispered and Elizabeth gave him a questioning look.
      "Good." Grinning slightly, he kissed her again, this time letting the kiss deepen and wrapping their arms around each other.
      His lips then traveled down her jawline and her neck while his hand found a trace of bare skin under her shirt. She gasped as his fingers gently traced over her skin and she held him closer. His mouth lingered by her ear and she shuddered as she felt his breath caress her ear.
      "I love you." He whispered quietly and she closed her eyes, trying to hold him even closer, reveling in his arms and closeness.
      "I love you too."
      Eventually he moved her around, so her back was against his front and he wrapped his arms around her middle as he looked up at the many falling stars.
      Her hands rested on his and her head leaned on his shoulder while she stared up at the sky.

The End
      Beautiful. Loved how Kate turned the session with John, around to include John's feelings for Elizabeth and vice versa.

Comment

Kris, that was beautiful. And I always wished John had been able to talk to Kate. I know something just like this would have happened. So perfect.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

KrisRussel - Absolutely OUTSTANDING! I love how you used the prompt. Thank you very much!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Enjoy!!

Spoiler:

"It's not that easy."
            "Why not?"
            "Isn't our time up yet?"

"Look up."
            "John..."
            "I love you too."

The End
            very nice again. Your a very good writer.
            sigpic

Comment

Enjoy!!

Spoiler:

"It's not that easy."
              "Why not?"
              "Isn't our time up yet?"

"Look up."
              "John..."
              "I love you too."

The End
              That was an awesomely angsty and adorable fic! *high-fives Kris*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*Looks around* A donde esta mi sparkies? I know I've been a stranger lately, but I have a little, really little, bit of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth for all y'all.

Spoiler:
                Sir John stood on the balcony outside his room with eyes transfixed on an object on the horizon. Elizabeth’s ship, a little battered, was getting larger as it approached the shore of Chaya’s domain. Sir John’s gaze moved to the clock on a small table. There were only thirty-eight hours for Lady Elizabeth to rescue him.

“I see you woman survived,” Chaya entered Sir John’s room.

“Yes, and she will come for me,” Sir John replied defiantly.

“Seems like you’re not used to being the one rescued,” Chaya smirked.

“And it seems like you’re not used to being the prettiest girl in the room,” Sir John shot back with his own cocky smirk.

“We’ll see,” Chaya turned and left the room frustrated.

On the Daedalus…

“Lady Elizabeth, we’ll reach land in about eight hours,” Captain Caldwell informed Lady Elizabeth and Ronon.

“I see. After all that’s happened I know this will seem vain,” Lady Elizabeth paused, “but I need to find a courtier.”

“You mean that silly beauty pageant rumor is true?” Caldwell’s face contorted from the shock.

“Yes. I have to prove I’m more beautiful than some woman named Chaya,” Lady Elizabeth blushed.

“Well, I know about one. His work isn’t cheap and it’ll take us half-a-day out of our way,” Captain Caldwell seemed hesitant to make the detour.

“Lady Elizabeth help win fight. You now help her,” Ronon growled his disapproval of Caldwell’s perceived lack of honor.

“Easy big fella. We’ll go right now,” Caldwell answered.

“Thank you,” Lady Elizabeth said.

Half-a-day later…

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon entered a small village after the Daedalus docked to begin repairs. The village was small and simple. A small blacksmith’s shop at one end, a livery stable, an inn with the sound of evening laughter entering the streets, and some other small shops.

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon stopped in front of an old wood door. A small metal sign had “švadlena” stamped into it. Lady Elizabeth and Ronon shared a quizzical look at the foreign, and Lady Elizabeth shrugged and gave the door a few gentle knocks.

“Good evening, how can I help you?” a man with glasses and a thick foreign accent answered the door.

“Good evening. We’re looking for Monsieur Radek Zelenka,” Elizabeth replied with a friendly smile.

“I am him. We are about to close for the night, but you may come in for a few minutes,” Zelenka opened the door an invited Lady Elizabeth and Ronon inside.

“Monsieur Zelenka, I appreciate you seeing me without an appointment. But I need a very large favor,” Lady Elizabeth began.

“It’s not a problem. What is it that you need?” Zelenka asked as he gestured for Lady Elizabeth and Ronon to sit down.

“I need a dress…” Lady Elizabeth hesitated for a moment, “by tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow! Impossible!” Zelenka shook his head and began mumbling in what Lady Elizabeth and Ronon believed was the man’s native tongue.

“Please. I have to meet with Chaya…” Lady Elizabeth tried to explain her situation.

“Chaya! What business do you have with that ice queen?” Radek furled his brow in interest.

“She has my love hostage, and I must go ransom him back,” Lady Elizabeth replied.

“I see. I was her dress maker. She turned my people into unusually large penguins and made me work for free in exchange for making them human again. Chaya double crossed me and sent me to this little place,” Zelenka spoke while grabbing a measuring tape and chalk.

“Not nice to do,” Ronon shook his head in sympathy.

“Indeed not. Come on now, we have much to do,” Zelenka beckoned Lady Elizabeth to his work room.

“You make pretty dress?” Ronon asked.

“Pretty? This will be my finest work my friend,” Zelenka smiled confidently and patted Ronon and the shoulder.

By morning…

“Mommy, who cares about dresses?” Torren whined.

“Not young boys,” Teyla smiled.

“When is Lady Elizabeth going to rescue Sir John?” Torren’s eyes lit up.

“Soon, honey,” Teyla tucked in her son.

“Are they gonna have a catfight?” Torren asked.

“Not all disputes need to be settled with violence,” Teyla kissed her son goodnight.
                Last edited by pkprd869; 07 August 2010, 11:16 PM.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

SR!!! You wanted Joe with beer?
                  Get it

http://twitpic.com/2co7me

Comment

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback on the fics!! *hugs thread*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    *Looks around* A donde esta mi sparkies? I know I've been a stranger lately, but I have a little, really little, bit of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth for all y'all.

Spoiler:
                    Sir John stood on the balcony outside his room with eyes transfixed on an object on the horizon. Elizabeth’s ship, a little battered, was getting larger as it approached the shore of Chaya’s domain. Sir John’s gaze moved to the clock on a small table. There were only thrity-eight hours for Lady Elizabeth to rescue him.

“And it seems like you’re not used to being the prettiest girl in the room,” Sir John shot back with his own cocky smirk.

On the Daedalus…

“Lady Elizabeth, we’ll reach land in about eight hours,” Captain Caldwell informed Lady Elizabeth and Ronon.

“I see. After all that’s happened I know this we’ll seem vain,” Lady Elizabeth paused, “but I need to find a courtier.”

“You mean that silly beauty pageant rumor is true?” Caldwell’s face contorted from the shock.

“Yes. I have to prove I’m more beautiful than some woman named Chaya,” Lady Elizabeth blushed.

“Well, I know about one. His work isn’t cheap and it’ll take us half-a-day out of our way,” Captain Caldwell seemed hesitant to make the detour.

“Lady Elizabeth help win fight. You now help her,” Ronon growled his disapproval of Caldwell’s perceived lack of honor.

Half-a-day later…

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon entered a small village after the Daedalus docked to begin repairs. The village was small and simple. A small blacksmith’s shop at one end, a livery stable, an inn with the sound of evening laughter entering the streets, and some other small shops.

Lady Elizabeth and Ronon stopped in front of an old wood door. A small metal sign had “švadlena” stamped into it. Lady Elizabeth and Ronon shared a quizzical look at the foreign, and Lady Elizabeth shrugged and gave the door a few gentle knocks.

“Good evening, how can I help you?” a man with glasses and a thick foreign accent answered the door.

“Good evening. We’re looking for Monsieur Radek Zelenka,” Elizabeth replied with a friendly smile.

“I am him. We are about to close for the night, but you may come in for a few minutes,” Zelenka opened the door an invited Lady Elizabeth and Ronon inside.

“Monsieur Zelenka, I appreciate you seeing me without an appointment. But I need a very large favor,” Lady Elizabeth began.

“It’s not a problem. What is it that you need?” Zelenka asked as he gestured for Lady Elizabeth and Ronon to sit down.

“Tomorrow! Impossible!” Zelenka shook his head and began mumbling in what Lady Elizabeth and Ronon believed was the man’s native tongue.

“Please. I have to meet with Chaya…” Lady Elizabeth tried to explain her situation.

“Chaya! What business do you have with that ice queen?” Radek furled his brow in interest.

“She has my love hostage, and I must go ransom him back,” Lady Elizabeth replied.

“I see. I was her dress maker. She turned my people into unusually large penguins and made me work for free in exchange for making them human again. Chaya double crossed me and sent me to this little place,” Zelenka spoke while grabbing a measuring tape and chalk.

“Indeed not. Come on now, we have much to do,” Zelenka beckoned Lady Elizabeth to his work room.

“Pretty? This will be my finest work my friend,” Zelenka smiled confidently and patted Ronon and the shoulder.

By morning…

“Not all disputes need to be settled with violence,” Teyla kissed her son goodnight.
                    oooh, Lizzie in a pretty dress
                    And she'll win that contest without a problem!!
                    Can't wait to read more!

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                    Get it

Yeah, but he's not holding beer, is he?? Cheater

Sig by me

Comment

This picture:
                      http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//Stil...305-0254xe.jpg

makes me think about second half of Season 6.
                      That picture makes me wonder:

* why didn't they remove the positioning tape from the floor?

* why doesn't Elizabeth have a sidearm, or even a stunner?

* why is Ronon wearing assless chaps? And also frontless assless chaps. Weird.

Get it

I'm not sure who is more intoxicated - those two, or the person who took the photo

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Because I owe you an explanation of sorts...

I'm going to take a break from this thread for a bit, until... well, I don't know really...we'll see.

While I like Sparky, there are things that I like discussing and/or talking about more, but are unfortunately not on anyone's list of priorities. Anyway, until my troubled mind has settled down it's better I take my lemming self off this thread for a while than to bother you with OT-stuff. And while I know you guys don't mind... it's just not the same.

If you need me (to bite ankles or to help out somewhere, always possible) PM me (I'll clean out my box, I promise) or post a message on my profile.

Edit: Starts now.
                      Hope you feel better soon. You're always welcome here. Even if we don't always talk about what is on your mind

Re the Rising picspams (great work SR) I didn't see Sparky straight away. If I watch the ep now, I can see elements of it, but it has a completely different feel to it. Mostly back then I was just excited to see the new eps, with all the cool tech and giant flying city. I think also they hadn't settled into their respective roles yet, and the situation was somewhat uncertain in that ep, so the dynamic is slightly different.
                      sigpic

Comment

When I say I saw Sparky from the beginning I mean that I saw hints of it. John was always friendly and such a flirt to most women; but I saw him as flirting with Weir a lot. And Elizabeth always seemed especially worried about John when he went offworld. This actually annoyed me when I was first watching the show because I really didn't want to see any ship at all. It didn't help that there were very awkward hints of ship going in another direction either. I would get especially annoyed at that because it was confusing. But John and Elizabeth looked so obvious to me a lot of the time I couldn't see how it wasn't done on purpose. (Ronon and Teyla also looked obvious to me in season2) I mean how many guys sit on their boss' desk and lean forward into them. John never did that with Sam, and I probably wouldve had a fit of giggles if i saw him doing that to Woolsey. And John was always so protective of Elizabeth; whether it was from Kolya, the wraith, the ioa, the replicators. He was always backing her. Even the writers found it hard to write an antagonistic relationship between them. Originally John and Elizabeth were supposed to go back and forth with each other like Jack and Daniel. But tptb even admitted that they couldn't get it to work right that way. They ended up having a very comfortable friendly working relationship and there could've been something romantic there.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm not sure it made any sense, I'm not sure I actually know what I'm talking about anymore. lol I havent gone to sleep yet and its 7:30am. I guess I'm not going to sleep lol. I've had really bad sleep issues lately. lol Oh well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

Spoiler:
                          Sir John stood on the balcony outside his room with eyes transfixed on an object on the horizon. Elizabeth’s ship, a little battered, was getting larger as it approached the shore of Chaya’s domain. Sir John’s gaze moved to the clock on a small table. There were only thirty-eight hours for Lady Elizabeth to rescue him.

On the Daedalus…

“I see. After all that’s happened I know this will seem vain,” Lady Elizabeth paused, “but I need to find a courtier.”

Half-a-day later…

By morning…

Glad to see you around. And thanks for entertaining us with the cute fic.

Get it

Oh Joe. But that's scotch. I wanted to do a Guinness motivator.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          When I say I saw Sparky from the beginning I mean that I saw hints of it. John was always friendly and such a flirt to most women; but I saw him as flirting with Weir a lot. And Elizabeth always seemed especially worried about John when he went offworld. This actually annoyed me when I was first watching the show because I really didn't want to see any ship at all. It didn't help that there were very awkward hints of ship going in another direction either. I would get especially annoyed at that because it was confusing. But John and Elizabeth looked so obvious to me a lot of the time I couldn't see how it wasn't done on purpose. (Ronon and Teyla also looked obvious to me in season2) I mean how many guys sit on their boss' desk and lean forward into them. John never did that with Sam, and I probably wouldve had a fit of giggles if i saw him doing that to Woolsey. And John was always so protective of Elizabeth; whether it was from Kolya, the wraith, the ioa, the replicators. He was always backing her. Even the writers found it hard to write an antagonistic relationship between them. Originally John and Elizabeth were supposed to go back and forth with each other like Jack and Daniel. But tptb even admitted that they couldn't get it to work right that way. They ended up having a very comfortable friendly working relationship and there could've been something romantic there.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm not sure it made any sense, I'm not sure I actually know what I'm talking about anymore. lol I havent gone to sleep yet and its 7:30am. I guess I'm not going to sleep lol. I've had really bad sleep issues lately. lol Oh well.
                          It makes great sense. They even said in the S1 Companion Book that they tried to make them fight more but it just didn't work out. That's called chemistry and it couldn't be denied.
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw Sparky moments since the beginning and, as I was first of all a fan of Elizabeth Weir, I thought that -if well written- a loving relationship with Sheppard would have worked in the show.

I mean, not immediately, but in Season 3 I think they were ready for that step.
                            It wouldn't have been easy, considering their positions on Atlantis, probably they would have been forced to keep it secret, but it could work. And it could be great.

The right moment for that love to blossom would have been "The Return" imho.
                            They were back home, no more Atlantis, no more barriers (he was working at the SGC, she was out of the Stargate program).

And then ... Replicators kill all the ancients and they are back to the city ... back to their positions. I can even imagine them being apart for a while because they don't know how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't even change the Adrift/Lifeline story ... John was devastated when he was forced to leave Elizabeth in Replicator's hand.

Getting her back would have been great for the show, because it would have caused some interesting conflicts:
                            -the IOA not trusting Elizabeth, they don't give her her position back
                            -Elizabeth losing direction for a while, because she doesn't know what to do
                            -conflicts with Carter
                            -internal struggle because of what she was through with the Replicators
                            -finding a new inspiration and a new sense of purpose

And writing this I want to make clear I didn't want Stargate Atlantis to be a soap opera. I only believe that, if the writers had the nerve to finally explore a Boss-2ic relationship, it could have been the gratest love story ever told in Science Fiction.

Comment

I saw Sparky moments since the beginning and, as I was first of all a fan of Elizabeth Weir, I thought that -if well written- a loving relationship with Sheppard would have worked in the show.

It wouldn't have been easy, considering their positions on Atlantis, probably they would have been forced to keep it secret, but it could work. And it could be great.

They were back home, no more Atlantis, no more barriers (he was working at the SGC, she was out of the Stargate program).

And then ... Replicators kill all the ancients and they are back to the city ... back to their positions. I can even imagine them being apart for a while because they don't know how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't even change the Adrift/Lifeline story ... John was devastated when he was forced to leave Elizabeth in Replicator's hand.

Getting her back would have been great for the show, because it would have caused some interesting conflicts:
                              -conflicts with Carter

And writing this I want to make clear I didn't want Stargate Atlantis to be a soap opera. I only believe that, if the writers had the nerve to finally explore a Boss-2ic relationship, it could have been the gratest love story ever told in Science Fiction.
                              Sounds like a quick synopsis of our S6. LOL And it would have worked great on the show. In fact I doubt the casual viewers would have objected much. The most unrealistic part of the show I think was the total lack of ship between the main characters. But then considering their idea of how that would go in S5, we were lucky it never happened. Though I can't imagine how they could have messed it up with Joe and Torri in the roles. They just wouidn't have let it go badly.
                              sigpic

Comment

-conflicts with Carter

The Return would've been a really good staring point for their relationship. Thats where I pictured it starting in my head and then I had them end it once the got back to Atlantis.(who know they were on Earth for 6 weeks of time that we didn't see, maybe it did happen then but they were depressed because even thought they could finally be together they couldn't be at home lol)
                                Then everything that happened until Lifeline could've have happened, but they would've needed to give Elizabeth a major replicator story arc not a couple of eps that didn't do anything. And everything you said in your post about what they couldve done would made an excellent subplot through several eps.
                                And after Lifeline the whole dynamic between John and Elizabeth would've changed regarding their work roles so that would've worked well for me as to what was on screen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X