• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, Rock, paper, scissors does clearly not work with three people

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      LOL. And I guess we can relax now on the hair issue. They didn't give him a brush cut. Cool gun. And do I see a peek of dog tags?
      It's just weird seeing him in digital woodland cammo instead of the usual black

Sig by me

Comment

Peter: "You can fix anything."
        Rodney: "Who told you that?"
        Peter: "You; on several occasions."

I love their snark
        And it reminds me how much I miss Peter

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          I know. It will take some getting used to. I'm just glad he figured out how to post pics. LOL I can't believe people are giving him a hard time about the leprechauns and the drinking. Does no one have a sense of humor anymore? Don't they know by now what a kidder Joe is? What am I saying? Of course they don't. Sheesh. I just hope some of the fans don't prove to the man that he should keep his distance from them us.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Wraithname of the week = Bob

Sig by me

Comment

LOL I can't believe people are giving him a hard time about the leprechauns and the drinking. Does no one have a sense of humor anymore? Don't they know by now what a kidder Joe is? What am I saying? Of course they don't. Sheesh. I just hope some of the fans don't prove to the man that he should keep his distance from them us.
              Some people have no sense of humour.
              Luckily, Joe does

Comment

I know. It will take some getting used to. I'm just glad he figured out how to post pics. LOL I can't believe people are giving him a hard time about the leprechauns and the drinking. Does no one have a sense of humor anymore? Don't they know by now what a kidder Joe is? What am I saying? Of course they don't. Sheesh. I just hope some of the fans don't prove to the man that he should keep his distance from them us.
                Oh, I know! At Fedcon he sorta hinted that he was scared of the fans and that that was the reason he didn't have any online presence. So I'm scared too the crazy people will scare him away again.
                I love the things he's posting!! He's so funny and it's just so him! If you've ever seen him at a a con, you just know that's exactly him and his kind of humor. *hugs Joe* Please don't stop posting!!

Ooh, no Peter got killed Liz is so sad

Sig by me

Comment

I was thinking about the "Ghost In The Machine" episode (yes, I hate it and it still irks me): Sheppard and Woolsey had thought about uploading FranElizabeth's consciousness into a virtual reality.
                  Do you know if anybody wrote a fic about this alternative solution?
                  I imagine John spending all his free time in the virtual reality, just to have some time alone with her

Comment

'To be continued'
                    Will have to wait for tomorrow for the second part... or I could just pop in a DVD

Sig by me

Comment

Oh, I know! At Fedcon he sorta hinted that he was scared of the fans and that that was the reason he didn't have any online presence. So I'm scared too the crazy people will scare him away again.
                      I love the things he's posting!! He's so funny and it's just so him! If you've ever seen him at a a con, you just know that's exactly him and his kind of humor. *hugs Joe* Please don't stop posting!!

Ooh, no Peter got killed Liz is so sad
                      I'm not surprised. Some of the fans scare me. LOL

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      I was thinking about the "Ghost In The Machine" episode (yes, I hate it and it still irks me): Sheppard and Woolsey had thought about uploading FranElizabeth's consciousness into a virtual reality.
                      I imagine John spending all his free time in the virtual reality, just to have some time alone with her
                      I remember there being talk of the possibility of the alternate reality but don't know of any fics right off hand.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Gee, I'm away for a couple of hours and look at all the stuff I have to catch up on! LOL!

Erin, your new banners are gorgeous! And you got a tablet for your birthday? Squee! I'm beginning to think that's what I'll be asking for, too.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        A fluffy Sparky tweet for SR......

Spoiler:

Elizabeth = Sigh, sunsets on the balcony are so beautiful.

John = Brunettes on the balcony are so HAWT!

I know, it's dorky.....but it made me giggle....
                        Dorky, but very cute! I love it!

Love it. And since he's also a brunette, she could pass that compliment right back at him. Hee.
                        Always a plus.

Lol @ Joe

"For all those leprechaun-loving non-drinker types: go play with your Lucky Charms!"

ZOMG! Joe, you are such a goofball! LOL!

I gladly take full responsibility.

LOL. And I guess we can relax now on the hair issue. They didn't give him a brush cut. Cool gun. And do I see a peek of dog tags?
                        As long as The Hair was not molested, it's all good. Hmm, I think I see some chain peekage, too.

That it is.

Man, what is up with all those people being such crabby fuddy-duddys? Joe's just having some fun with us, after all. You know what they say about all work and no play...

I don't recall seeing any fics exactly like that, but how about this:

The Family in the Machine, by wanderingsmith. It's kind of an alternate take on GitM, with Elizabeth's consciousness essentially becoming an AI that helps to run Atlantis. Pretty neat.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Today chapter 4 of 'Missing Moments'.
                          Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                          04: Suspicion

(after the ep)

“Enter.” John called out to whoever had just knocked on his office door.

Moments later Elizabeth walked in.

“Doctor Weir. How can I help you?” John asked and put his PDA down.

She walked over to his window and stared outside. “I’m still jealous of the view you have.”

“I don't blame you.” He said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. To him they had betrayed the Athosians by sending them to the mainland and he needed some time to get over that. He had stood by her side to find the snitch, but he didn’t like how the Athosians had been sent packing. “Now what can I do for you?”

Turning to him she said: “Halling asked me to visit him and his people on the mainland and I’m looking for a pilot.”

John shrugged. “You know the people who’ve had jumper training. Take your pick.”

“I already did.” She said and looked pointedly at him.

“Oh... well... I got... other things to do. I’m sure Stackhouse would be thrilled at the opportunity to be your private pilot.” He turned to the screen of his computer.

“Major.” She said sternly and he looked back up at her, a bit surprised. “We need to talk and some time alone in a jumper would be perfect for that. I expect you in the jumperbay in 30 minutes. Don’t force me to make an order out of it.” And with that she walked out, leaving an open-mouthed Sheppard behind.

Thirty minutes later, he was readying one of the jumpers when she walked into the back.

“Thank you, Major.”

He gave her a slight nod and brought up the flight path on the screen in front of him while she sat down in the co-pilot seat.

“Flight, this is jumper 3. We’re go for bay launch.”

They heard the roof open and Grodin’s voice gave the OK over the speaker.

Sheppard easily lifted the jumper up and moments later, the sun was shining brightly through the window.

“Beautiful day.” Elizabeth said after a few minutes of tense silence.

“Yeah.” John muttered curtly.

“Look, Major, I don’t know what the problem is but...”

“Problem?” He interrupted her. “My problem is that we sent our friends away. We betrayed the people who trusted us and...”

“We betrayed no one.” She shot back. “It was their choice to move to the mainland.”

“Oh yeah... and we gave them a lot of choice in the matter.” He growled.

“You know just as well as I do that their stay within the city was merely temporary. At least now they are still safe from the Wraith.”

“And that makes everything alright, doesn’t it?

“Not alright, but better. I hate the way things went, but it’s in the past and there’s nothing we can do about it anymore. I need to know we can still work together as a team, Major.”

He stayed quiet for a few moments and Elizabeth got worried that he would resign his commission, even though that would be difficult as they were still cut of from Earth, until he let out a small breath. “Don’t worry about that.”

Giving him a nod, she turned back to the window, watching the water and waves and wondering if they would ever truly be alright.

“I miss them too, you know.” She admitted after a while and he turned to her in surprise. “It was nice to have families in a city as big as Atlantis. Kids running around, laughter around every corner... It feels empty now, doesn’t it?”

He was lost for words for a few moments. Not only because of her admission but also because she seemed to know him quite well already.

“It feels very empty.” He agreed.

“Makes you wonder if that was what the city was like when the Ancients lived there.” She said wistfully.

“We haven’t found any proof yet that there were kids in the city at any time.”

“No.” She agreed. “But we haven’t ventured far beyond the control tower and the adjacent labs yet. I don’t think they kept their kids close to the Stargate or the control room. Maybe one day we will find proof that they lived there with their kids at one point.”

“Must be. It was their city and they lived there for countless generations.”

“Makes you wonder what it would be like to have a family in Atlantis.”

“The chance is very big that we’ll have to face that in the future. And the chance gets bigger the longer we stay cut off from Earth.”

“Very true.” She agreed. “I hope that if we stay cut off from Earth, people will move on and truly start living in Atlantis instead of just working.”

“It would be nice to hear the laughter of children in the halls again.” Now he sounded wistful too and Elizabeth gave him a small smile.

“The Athosian children really liked you a lot, didn’t they?”

He shrugged. “Kids always seem to take an automatic liking to me. We’re almost there.”

She looked outside and saw the mainland coming closer quite fast.

“Have you visited them already?” She asked and John shook his head. “Me neither. I wonder how they’re settling in.”

It was a few minutes later that John put the jumper down and they stepped outside.

“Doctor Weir.” Halling greeted her with a slight bow.

“Halling, it is good to see you again. How is Jinto?”

“He is fine. Major Sheppard, it is nice you are able to visit us too.”

“Just making sure you’re settling in alright.” John said as he and Elizabeth followed Halling towards the settlement.

“We are doing just fine. Everyone is settling in alright and nearly everyone is glad to be out in the open again. The city of the Ancestors is amazing and we will be forever grateful for your hospitality, but we are used to living in a large open space. To wake up to the songs of the birds, to sleep with the light of the moon in our tents and to be surrounded by the wind. We are glad to have that again.”

Elizabeth nodded in understanding. “I’m glad you and your people are happy here.”

It was hours later when they made their way back to the jumper that John stopped and turned to her.

“I’m sorry for saying that we betrayed them. You were right. They are a lot happier here and I’m glad for that.”

She gave him a soft smile. “There is nothing to be sorry about, Major. I understand your reaction. It wasn’t professional but I understand it.”

Grinning slightly, he started walking again. “You up for a game of chess when we return?”

She followed him inside the jumper and couldn’t help the smile that grew on her face. “Sounds good to me.”

The smile on his face grew too, glad that everything between them was ok again… glad that he had his friend back and feeling silly for acting the way he had.

Sig by me

Comment

Today's Atlantis rerun on SyFy is Sanctuary... everybody say hello to AthTart! LOL!

Halling just told Elizabeth that destroying Atlantis would destroy the future of the Pegasus Galaxy. Yet another reason to bring Atlantis back to Pegasus in s6.
                            You betcha.

Today chapter 4 of 'Missing Moments'.
                            Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                            04: Suspicion

(after the ep)

“Enter.” John called out to whoever had just knocked on his office door.

Moments later Elizabeth walked in.

“Doctor Weir. How can I help you?” John asked and put his PDA down.

She walked over to his window and stared outside. “I’m still jealous of the view you have.”

“I don't blame you.” He said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. To him they had betrayed the Athosians by sending them to the mainland and he needed some time to get over that. He had stood by her side to find the snitch, but he didn’t like how the Athosians had been sent packing. “Now what can I do for you?”

Turning to him she said: “Halling asked me to visit him and his people on the mainland and I’m looking for a pilot.”

John shrugged. “You know the people who’ve had jumper training. Take your pick.”

“I already did.” She said and looked pointedly at him.

“Oh... well... I got... other things to do. I’m sure Stackhouse would be thrilled at the opportunity to be your private pilot.” He turned to the screen of his computer.

“Major.” She said sternly and he looked back up at her, a bit surprised. “We need to talk and some time alone in a jumper would be perfect for that. I expect you in the jumperbay in 30 minutes. Don’t force me to make an order out of it.” And with that she walked out, leaving an open-mouthed Sheppard behind.

Thirty minutes later, he was readying one of the jumpers when she walked into the back.

“Thank you, Major.”

He gave her a slight nod and brought up the flight path on the screen in front of him while she sat down in the co-pilot seat.

“Flight, this is jumper 3. We’re go for bay launch.”

They heard the roof open and Grodin’s voice gave the OK over the speaker.

Sheppard easily lifted the jumper up and moments later, the sun was shining brightly through the window.

“Beautiful day.” Elizabeth said after a few minutes of tense silence.

“Yeah.” John muttered curtly.

“Look, Major, I don’t know what the problem is but...”

“Problem?” He interrupted her. “My problem is that we sent our friends away. We betrayed the people who trusted us and...”

“We betrayed no one.” She shot back. “It was their choice to move to the mainland.”

“Oh yeah... and we gave them a lot of choice in the matter.” He growled.

“You know just as well as I do that their stay within the city was merely temporary. At least now they are still safe from the Wraith.”

“And that makes everything alright, doesn’t it?

“Not alright, but better. I hate the way things went, but it’s in the past and there’s nothing we can do about it anymore. I need to know we can still work together as a team, Major.”

He stayed quiet for a few moments and Elizabeth got worried that he would resign his commission, even though that would be difficult as they were still cut of from Earth, until he let out a small breath. “Don’t worry about that.”

Giving him a nod, she turned back to the window, watching the water and waves and wondering if they would ever truly be alright.

“I miss them too, you know.” She admitted after a while and he turned to her in surprise. “It was nice to have families in a city as big as Atlantis. Kids running around, laughter around every corner... It feels empty now, doesn’t it?”

He was lost for words for a few moments. Not only because of her admission but also because she seemed to know him quite well already.

“It feels very empty.” He agreed.

“Makes you wonder if that was what the city was like when the Ancients lived there.” She said wistfully.

“We haven’t found any proof yet that there were kids in the city at any time.”

“No.” She agreed. “But we haven’t ventured far beyond the control tower and the adjacent labs yet. I don’t think they kept their kids close to the Stargate or the control room. Maybe one day we will find proof that they lived there with their kids at one point.”

“Must be. It was their city and they lived there for countless generations.”

“Makes you wonder what it would be like to have a family in Atlantis.”

“The chance is very big that we’ll have to face that in the future. And the chance gets bigger the longer we stay cut off from Earth.”

“Very true.” She agreed. “I hope that if we stay cut off from Earth, people will move on and truly start living in Atlantis instead of just working.”

“It would be nice to hear the laughter of children in the halls again.” Now he sounded wistful too and Elizabeth gave him a small smile.

“The Athosian children really liked you a lot, didn’t they?”

He shrugged. “Kids always seem to take an automatic liking to me. We’re almost there.”

She looked outside and saw the mainland coming closer quite fast.

“Have you visited them already?” She asked and John shook his head. “Me neither. I wonder how they’re settling in.”

It was a few minutes later that John put the jumper down and they stepped outside.

“Doctor Weir.” Halling greeted her with a slight bow.

“Halling, it is good to see you again. How is Jinto?”

“He is fine. Major Sheppard, it is nice you are able to visit us too.”

“Just making sure you’re settling in alright.” John said as he and Elizabeth followed Halling towards the settlement.

“We are doing just fine. Everyone is settling in alright and nearly everyone is glad to be out in the open again. The city of the Ancestors is amazing and we will be forever grateful for your hospitality, but we are used to living in a large open space. To wake up to the songs of the birds, to sleep with the light of the moon in our tents and to be surrounded by the wind. We are glad to have that again.”

Elizabeth nodded in understanding. “I’m glad you and your people are happy here.”

It was hours later when they made their way back to the jumper that John stopped and turned to her.

“I’m sorry for saying that we betrayed them. You were right. They are a lot happier here and I’m glad for that.”

She gave him a soft smile. “There is nothing to be sorry about, Major. I understand your reaction. It wasn’t professional but I understand it.”

Grinning slightly, he started walking again. “You up for a game of chess when we return?”

She followed him inside the jumper and couldn’t help the smile that grew on her face. “Sounds good to me.”

The smile on his face grew too, glad that everything between them was ok again… glad that he had his friend back and feeling silly for acting the way he had.

Awww! That's awesome! And we totally do need to see what Atlantis is like with families and children.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Today's Atlantis rerun on SyFy is Sanctuary... everybody say hello to AthTart! LOL!

You betcha.

Awww! That's awesome! And we totally do need to see what Atlantis is like with families and children.
                              I'm watching it now as I make another Elizabeth icon that I *hope* will be pretty....
                              ugh the whole "this would be acceptable" line from Chaya about going to Atlantis with John...Of *course* it's acceptable...too bad he's already
                              Spoiler:
                              boinking someone in the closets you hussy!

sorry.....kinda got carried away a little
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                I'm watching it now as I make another Elizabeth icon that I *hope* will be pretty....
                                ugh the whole "this would be acceptable" line from Chaya about going to Atlantis with John...Of *course* it's acceptable...too bad he's already
                                Spoiler:
                                boinking someone in the closets you hussy!

sorry.....kinda got carried away a little
                                Bwahahahah!

And Teyla was just totally mocking John's little picnic with Chaya... Heeheehee!

Comment

Working...
                                X