Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
    Awww
    If is of any consolation, my knee is always purple from bruises; I hit it in the desk at work pretty much every day.
    I do that a lot, too.

SMUT. GIVE IT TO ME!!! (ROLF, I'm addicted.)
    Hahahahah! Every day is smut day on the Sparky thread!

Spoiler:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8...720pspanis.png
    John: ELizabeth, I've already told you not to pinch my butt in the control room.
    Elizabeth: It wasn't me this time. Sorry. I can't help it.
    Bwahahahaha!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I thought that too. When 38 Min first aired there was talk of a love declaration. As much as I would have liked that it was too soon. I always thought he wanted to thank her for trusting in him.
    See, that's what I always thought, too. Such a big deal was made by O'Neill (okay, just a token protest on his part) and even more so by Sumner about how John was a loose cannon and all. I've always believed that the very first thing that struck John about Elizabeth was the fact that she didn't give a damn about his record. He had something that the expedition needed, and she was willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Perhaps that might have been a little selfish on her part initially, but her honesty about it puts another mark in her favor.

I can't believe all I had to catch up on after being away a few hours. You guys are just the best.
    *salutes* We do try.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I know how that feels, sometimes everything just seems to go wrong you just end up getting defensive/offended about everything even if theres really nothing to get defensive or offended about. Hopefully everything will be ok and things will get better. For now try to have fun. The silly goofy kind of fun that sometimes even ends up being a little OT sometimes(as long as its not too OT we don't want mod trouble lol.) Everyone here is pretty nice, so enjoy.
      Thanks a lot! Now if the weather doesn't knock the power out again, got to love Ohio weather, and I can find the darn CD I may have a couple of Sparky songs to share.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Oh, you've already found that sugar is an excellent source of bribery for the Lemming. DOH!

I know what that's like.

But trust me - you're safe in this thread. Apart from the occasional insanity, every one is friendly, respectful, openminded, awesome and allround cool.

At least that's my opinion on this thread and its occupants.
        Had to join in the fun with the sugar for the lemming. I've lurked here enough to know everyone here is friendly, but 33 years of being a card carrying cynic is a lot to overcome quickly.

Comment

You can relax here. We're like a big family with only the occasional dysfunctional moment. The lurkers keep us on our toes. LOL
          Working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Weird, your posts weren't there last night; must still be on probie status.

Anyway, apology accepted. And the others are absolutely correct; we're not out to get you here.
            Thanks. In my head I know that but after so many years of not really trusting people it takes a while to unlearn. You all keep humoring me and I keep working on it.

Comment

Lol, tell me about catching up! I've just woken up to - four or five new pages of sparky awesomesauce and that is never a bad thing!

On 38 Minutes, a Thank you is precisely what I imagined John saying. I see John as someone who needs solid and tangible tasks to do. maybe that's why he did feel content to fly a helicopter over the expanses of ice. Atlantis was a series of tasks, and it gave him not only the chance to prove his worth, but also a sense of greater purpose - not that he didn't have one before. He did. I think he can adapt to simple things well, as long as there's something to keep him focused and occupied (remember how meditating used to drive him insane)? So, yeah. I just had a big brainy moment.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

OT:
                Spoiler:
                It was non profit
                I love artist who put their music for free use too! In Brazil we have a nice band called O Teatro Mágico that does not sell CDs in store, they put their music on the site to download for free, and in shows they sell the cds/dvds for the price of their cost with the cd disk.
                OT:
                Spoiler:
                I thought Brazil was one of the leading countries in free use of music and remixing. A while ago I saw a documentary (Remix Manifesto) and there they said that Brazil has its own hiv-drug and pissed off the big pharmaceutical companies because of that. I love Brazil for saying "frak you! We think lives are more important than money" and bringing out their own cheaper and equally efficient drug.

And I have a CD account but I rarely use, you should make a FF.net account *pokes* (you know I'm insistent, lol!).
                I love CD!! And I really don't like ff.net. Not sure why, but I really don't use it that often
                So, if you want to see my big stories, go more on CD
                Or keep an eye on my LJ...

See, that's what I always thought, too. Such a big deal was made by O'Neill (okay, just a token protest on his part) and even more so by Sumner about how John was a loose cannon and all. I've always believed that the very first thing that struck John about Elizabeth was the fact that she didn't give a damn about his record. He had something that the expedition needed, and she was willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Perhaps that might have been a little selfish on her part initially, but her honesty about it puts another mark in her favor.
                Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                On 38 Minutes, a Thank you is precisely what I imagined John saying. I see John as someone who needs solid and tangible tasks to do. maybe that's why he did feel content to fly a helicopter over the expanses of ice. Atlantis was a series of tasks, and it gave him not only the chance to prove his worth, but also a sense of greater purpose - not that he didn't have one before. He did. I think he can adapt to simple things well, as long as there's something to keep him focused and occupied (remember how meditating used to drive him insane)? So, yeah. I just had a big brainy moment.
                I totally agree with what the two of you are saying. John needs a purpose and he needs people to trust his judgment. He needs to feel useful and Elizabeth gives him a purpose by dragging him along and after Sumner dies, he really has a purpose because the people on the expedition are his responsibility too now. She also shows trust in him by not questioning his every action and decision after he takes over military command, even with the black mark. It's one of the reasons they work so well together.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Had to join in the fun with the sugar for the lemming.

Sweet to see you stick around.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hahahahah! Every day is smut day on the Sparky thread!
                    It is!!! Do you have any to share? *wink*

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought Brazil was one of the leading countries in free use of music and remixing. A while ago I saw a documentary (Remix Manifesto) and there they said that Brazil has its own hiv-drug and pissed off the big pharmaceutical companies because of that. I love Brazil for saying "frak you! We think lives are more important than money" and bringing out their own cheaper and equally efficient drug.

I love CD!! And I really don't like ff.net. Not sure why, but I really don't use it that often
                    So, if you want to see my big stories, go more on CD
                    Or keep an eye on my LJ...
                    OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Here we can download everything for free and is not illegal, only the redistribution with profit is illegal. And that is really cool! But Youtube kinda sucks here, there are a lot of artists that WMG, Sony and whatnot that are blocked, it started about two years a go. I've lost many fanvids in there. It sucks.

Oh... I use FF.net since 2006 and I still love it. There was a time I only read fanfiction @ LJ, now I'm not so picky

In another note, I hopeI won't miss much fun in the next 24h I'll be away! I don't even know why I'm saying that I know I'll miss lots of fun lol.

Comment

Thanks your conversation, I have a Brazilian song in my head and it's very good.

This thread is going too fast for me.I'm lost and I will be more lost when I will be back in two weeks. No I'm not leaving now. I have to work first but the next monday, I will disappear because HOLIDAY!!!!! I will do a SGA marathon with a friend during one week. I will be so a good sparky after it. I will remember the name of the episodes, see all the looks between them....I'm ready to start.lol
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Thanks your conversation, I have a Brazilian song in my head and it's very good.

This thread is going too fast for me.I'm lost and I will be more lost when I will be back in two weeks. No I'm not leaving now. I have to work first but the next monday, I will disappear because HOLIDAY!!!!! I will do a SGA marathon with a friend during one week. I will be so a good sparky after it. I will remember the name of the episodes, see all the looks between them....I'm ready to start.lol
                        Which song?!
                        Also, holiday? *cries* Can you take me in your bag? Please?

Comment

To quote John from Irresistible, "Buck up, Carson!" (probably the only good thing to come out of that episode was that scene)
                          You forgot:

WEIR: We're still fine, John.

SHEPPARD: No lingering desires? Secret longings for his touch?!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                            You forgot:

WEIR: We're still fine, John.

SHEPPARD: No lingering desires? Secret longings for his touch?!

WEIR's POV: Nope. Only for your touch. Dammit. Did I said it aloud? *eye!sex tiems* *sigh of relief* nope, I'm safe.

Comment

Which song?!
                              Also, holiday? *cries* Can you take me in your bag? Please?
                              I will stay in my house during the first week but I will have fun with friends. I can take you.
                              If I remind it correctly, we used to hear Daniela Mercury when we were in holiday in Portugal. My parents, my sisters and my brother sang this song in the car and dance.lol there are so any songs that we took with us for the holiday. The fun thing is we understand the lyrics. because we share the same language.
                              Ah Cutty, I will listen Brazilian music now.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Time for a Sparky tweet.....

Spoiler:

Elizabeth - IOA incoming in 10 minutes!

John - MF, somebody gimme a big stick! Time to whack a few heads!

sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X