Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    You are always welcome to post here and we love input, always! But I don't quite understand what you mean by 'offering to do something and it biting you in the butt'--are you offended that we haven't said how awesome and information filled your posts were? Well, they were awesome and will be very useful.

However, if you want an example of how much work we do around here, please take a look at our livejournal for Season 6: http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/. All the information there had to be researched and written up by various people, and trust me when I say a LOT of time went into those discussions and backgrounds. And that's not including stuff like our own Scary Kitty's Atlantis timeline or diagram of Atlantis.

We all spend a lot of time and effort in celebrating Sparky, whether it be vids, fics, icons, episode recaps, or even just research--but one thing we all have in common is we give that time and talent without necessarily expecting praise and accolades all the time for what we do. We give because our goal is to enjoy celebrating and sharing in the fun of the J/E ship. I hope you'll continue to join us in doing that!
    I wouldn't say offended. I just rarely get any positive feed back from anyone out side of my family so I always expect the worst. And on the doing things for others and having it bite me in the butt. That's probably just a gut reaction to how I lost my last job. There was a girl I worked with and was interested in. We started talking and joking around. I offered to get her shirt I had told her made me think of her and she thought what it said was funny. She said no thanks. I left it at that. The next week I got fired and a week later I found out she was the one who got me fired. So you can see we I have a hard time trusting people right now.
    Sorry, and I promise to remind myself that you all have lots of other creative activities that take up your time should I get cranky again.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I'd also like to offer a blanket "I sorry" to anyone else on the thread that might be upset with me. Bitter experience has taught me to always expect the worst. I keep trying to change but life aways smacks me down again.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*pokes thread* Where be all of you?

Thank you for reading the fic! Now I'm gonna concentrate on bigger projects, that small one was to tide you over while I'm working on longer fics.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Thank you for reading the fic! Now I'm gonna concentrate on bigger projects, that small one was to tide you over while I'm working on longer fics.
          *pokes back* I'm vegging out in front of the computer, doing a little plotting for Atlantis Rising. And playing the TRON Legacy game on my iPod. Those damn tanks are a b*tch to maneuver and shoot at the bad guys at the same time. John, no doubt, would probably be much better at it than I... Of course, if Elizabeth was doing unspeakably obscene things to certain parts of John's anatomy, I doubt he'd be able to concentrate enough to play with video games.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Almost forgot.
            Chapter 2 of my Missing Moments fic.
            Enjoy!

Spoiler:
            02: Hide and Seek

(after the ep)

“Doctor Weir?”

Elizabeth switched her gaze from her laptop to the soft brown-green eyes of her military commander.

“Yes Major, how can I help you?”

He seemed a bit nervous to her as he raked his hand through his hair, messing it up just that little bit more and then licked his lips, before turning his eyes back to her.

“I uh... wanted to apologize.”

A confused look appeared on her face. “What for?”

“Earlier today when we were watching the football game... you were right... I should have asked you to join me… us... so... I’m sorry for not asking you.”

She gave him a slight smile. “There’s nothing to apologize for, Major. You were bonding with your team. That’s very important.”

“Well, yeah. But you’re part of the team too.”

“I’m not a part of your team, Major.”

“No, not my team, but you’re part of the… euhm… command team.”

“The command team?” She questioned, humor lacing her voice and he nodded. “And who would be a part of that team?"

“Well… there’s… euhm… you and then there’s… euhm… me of course.”

Her eyes sparkled in amusement. “Not a very big team.”

“No, but very important none the less.” He pointed out with a semi-serious grin.

“True.” She smiled.

“And the command team needs to relax from time to time... especially after a stressful day. So... euhm… I was hoping you would… join me… for a movie?”

One of her eyebrows slowly rose and she was genuinely touched by his proposal, but she didn't want to give in so easily.

"Major, are you asking me out on a date?"

The sudden blush on his cheeks made her almost laugh.

"What? No! Of course not. It's just a movie... nothing more."

“Alright, but it depends on what movie we’ll be seeing.” She smiled, teasing him just a bit more.

He shrugged. “One of the scientists is a huge movie buff apparently and he brought along a hard disk filled with nearly every movie that’s been released in the last three decades. So it’s your choice.”

“My choice?”

“Yup.” He seemed to hesitate for a moment before continuing. “Just don’t choose a chick-flick, please.”

She softly laughed at that. “Don’t worry Major, I’m not that much into chick-flicks either.”

He seemed to visibly relax as his grin grew. “Alright, let’s go then.”

“Now?”

“Of course now.”

Slightly shaking her head in amusement she got up from the chair and followed him towards the rec room. To their surprise the room was filled almost to the brim with scientists and soldiers. When they entered, the scientists sat up a little straighter and the soldiers stood at attention.

John let out a frustrated sigh. “At ease and I’m making that a standing order.”

A chorus of ‘yessirs’ arose and the soldiers sat down again.

“How about a game of chess instead?” He asked her quietly, seeing the uneasiness caused by their presence. She nodded in agreement, noticing the sudden awkward tension in the room too. This was clearly the downside of being part of the command team.

Everyone who had brought along a game had put them together on one of the shelves in the rec room and John grabbed one of the three available chess games and they quickly made their way back to her office where he set up the game. He was playing with black and she was playing with white.

“I never would have seen you as a chess player.” She admitted as he made the first move.

He gave her a slight grin. “There’s much you don’t know about me, Doc.”

“Apparently.” She returned his grin and moved one of her pawns.

He looked at the board and moved another piece. “But as I never played against anyone else but dim-witted soldiers, I’m quite sure you’re gonna kick my ass.”

She laughed and countered his move. “It’s been years since I played, so don’t bet on it.”

“I’m fairly sure you’re still gonna kick my ass.” He mumbled and moved another pawn.

“If you keep playing like this then I have to agree.” Smiling she captured one of his pawns.

“Nice move, Doc.”

“I try.”

He made another move which was easily countered by her. She was quickly and efficiently driving him into a corner and for some reason he didn’t really mind being beaten by her in a game of chess.

It took him two games before he managed to win one.

“Congratulations, Major.”

“Thanks, Doc. But you’re obviously still the better player.”

“Thank you.”

He gave her a nod and checked his watch. “I’d say it’s time to go to bed.”

“Good idea. Can you clear the board and bring it back to the rec room, please?”

“Sure thing.” He smiled and watched her as she got up and moved to the door.

“I’ll see you in the morning, major.”

“Briefing at nine, right?”

“Exactly.”

“Alright, see you then.”

She nodded and walked out. His eyes followed her as she walked through the control room, bid the night shift goodnight and walked down the stairs, going past the gate and exiting the gate room.

He couldn’t help the small smile that played on his face. He genuinely had fun tonight and even though they only had been in Atlantis for just a couple of days, he had a very good feeling about the friendship that was slowly but steadily building between them.

That was really sweet and really good, I could've totally seen that.

I have a lot of catching up to do, lol. I was busy this weekend getting my almost 4yr old daughter baptized(Its kinda late but whatever) and we had a party for her and what not. It was cute. Even though she screamed bloody murder when the water got poured over her head and she blew out the baptismal candle, lol. Oh well.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              I'd also like to offer a blanket "I sorry" to anyone else on the thread that might be upset with me. Bitter experience has taught me to always expect the worst. I keep trying to change but life aways smacks me down again.
              I know how that feels, sometimes everything just seems to go wrong you just end up getting defensive/offended about everything even if theres really nothing to get defensive or offended about. Hopefully everything will be ok and things will get better. For now try to have fun. The silly goofy kind of fun that sometimes even ends up being a little OT sometimes(as long as its not too OT we don't want mod trouble lol.) Everyone here is pretty nice, so enjoy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                SyFy's rerun today was The Defiant One; missed it 'cause I was out running errands, but I've got to say, John really needed a nice long hot bath to clean up all that dirty grimy sand. I'm sure Elizabeth would've helped.
                Oh, I'm very sure Elizabeth would have no trouble whatsoever to help him out with that

Awww! Playing chess together! That fits so well with the intellectual 'marriage of the minds' that they have. Great idea!
                How did Torri put it? "They keep challenging each other on an intelligent level?"
                I love it when actors think about their characters the same as we do

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                I tried to upload to YT a corporative video using one of Moby's songs (which I fail to remember the title) at work and it did blocked the sound
                Ah, but if it was corporative, it prolly wasn't non-profit.
                fanvids are non-profit and thus allowed much more easily.
                Moby (and his record company) are also very careful as to allow music for company vids or political vids as his music has been used wrongfully in the past.
                Just a couple of months ago one of his songs was used in an anti-gay-marriage vid without asking for permission first. I can tell you that Moby was not happy with that as he would have never given permission to use his music for something like that.
                HERE you can find all his music that you can use freely for non-profit stuff.
                And I absolutely adore artists who put their stuff out there free for use, no matter what music they make. They are my Gods

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                Do you have a fanfiction.net account? Is easier for me to check multi-chapter fics and I don't forget to read any
                No, I only have a CD account. But I'm not sure when I'm gonna post this fic there as it's still not finished.
                My CD account is HERE.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                That was really sweet and really good, I could've totally seen that.
                Thank you

Sig by me

Comment

Lol, after 'Atlantis Rising', we now have 'Atlantis Down'

Sig by me

Comment

More tweets from JoeF. LOL, I think Ireland agrees with him.....read the bottom one first and then the one on top. Twitter does the "reverse chronological order" thing.

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan Anti-leprechaun measures executed. Awaiting casualty figures. Guiness safe and all is well again on the Emerald Isle. Movie info to follow
                    about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
                    Reply Retweet .

JoeFlanigan I wouldn't be so paranoid if all these damn leprechauns weren't trying to steal my Guiness
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Forgot about the LJ * Gibbs slaps self hard and puts out biggest bowl in house full of sugar for the cute lemming*
                      Oh, you've already found that sugar is an excellent source of bribery for the Lemming. DOH!

And on the doing things for others and having it bite me in the butt.
                      I know what that's like.

But trust me - you're safe in this thread. Apart from the occasional insanity, every one is friendly, respectful, openminded, awesome and allround cool.

At least that's my opinion on this thread and its occupants.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You can relax here. We're like a big family with only the occasional dysfunctional moment. The lurkers keep us on our toes. LOL

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

I was sleeping. It wasn't my fault.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        More tweets from JoeF. LOL, I think Ireland agrees with him.....read the bottom one first and then the one on top. Twitter does the "reverse chronological order" thing.

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan Anti-leprechaun measures executed. Awaiting casualty figures. Guiness safe and all is well again on the Emerald Isle. Movie info to follow
                        Reply Retweet .

JoeFlanigan I wouldn't be so paranoid if all these damn leprechauns weren't trying to steal my Guiness
                        I love these. Mr. SR had a fanboy moment yesterday when I told him about the Guinness. And the fact that Joe can't spell it makes me giggle. He's not perfect. Shhhh.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Oh, you've already found that sugar is an excellent source of bribery for the Lemming. DOH!

I know what that's like.

But trust me - you're safe in this thread. Apart from the occasional insanity, every one is friendly, respectful, openminded, awesome and allround cool.

At least that's my opinion on this thread and its occupants.
                        Well, thank you for saying that. We like to think we are openminded and respectful. No matter who says otherwise. And I would add intelligent to that list.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          And I would add intelligent to that list.
                          I forgot to add that.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*pokes back* I'm vegging out in front of the computer, doing a little plotting for Atlantis Rising. And playing the TRON Legacy game on my iPod. Those damn tanks are a b*tch to maneuver and shoot at the bad guys at the same time. John, no doubt, would probably be much better at it than I... Of course, if Elizabeth was doing unspeakably obscene things to certain parts of John's anatomy, I doubt he'd be able to concentrate enough to play with video games.
                            Ooo, we has SUCH A good game plan for eppies 1&2! Y'all are gonna love it!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Spoiler:

Reply Retweet .

I don't blame him. If leprechauns were trying to steal my Guinness I'd be POed too. I love Guinness

Alright, I'm trying a second shot at SR's vid...
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Ooo, we has SUCH A good game plan for eppies 1&2! Y'all are gonna love it!

I don't blame him. If leprechauns were trying to steal my Guinness I'd be POed too. I love Guinness

Alright, I'm trying a second shot at SR's vid...
                              Ooh, I can't wait to hear all about it.

LOL. Unlike Joe and Mr. SR I hate Guinness. I like the amber beers like Dos Equis and all the pale ales and most microbrews and the reds and so on. Hate the heavy ones and the really light ones that taste like water. I thought it was the Irish blood but that's not you. LOL
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Ooh, I can't wait to hear all about it.

LOL. Unlike Joe and Mr. SR I hate Guinness. I like the amber beers like Dos Equis and all the pale ales and most microbrews and the reds and so on. Hate the heavy ones and the really light ones that taste like water. I thought it was the Irish blood but that's not you. LOL

I am part Irish, I think. Or Scottish. My Dad is a mutt of some kind with ancestors from the UK, so maybe there are hints there. And the other half is Mexican and we just like beer, period.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X