Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    there are so many poeple to follow on twitter...
    Just saw that Rachel saw Torri at an audition for a tv show.
    Rachel has a Twitter too? *headdesk*
    I really don't want to join!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Rachel has a Twitter too? *headdesk*
      I really don't want to join!!
      Yep. Joe, David, Rainbow, Jewel, Rachel, RDA, Amanda......I won't join twitter too.lol

List
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        That's what the propworx outfit stated, but she has never worn that on screen so that's quite debatable. There's no canon evidence to support that claim.
        But Elizabeth constantly wears a uniform with an American patch...

Oh, btw Kris, apart from owing me a box of cookies - Jewel Staite (Kristanna Loken cancelled) will be at Facts (along with Robert Picardo). But you probably already know that.
        They finally got confirmations? Yay
        And yay, I can now get two more autographs on my Atlantis Rising banner

Sig by me

Comment

But Elizabeth constantly wears a uniform with an American patch...
          It was Kate we were talking about. ... I think.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Dalai Lama is also on twitter.wow
            sigpic

Comment

Yep. Joe, David, Rainbow, Jewel, Rachel, RDA, Amanda......I won't join twitter too.lol

List
              No!!! You did not just give me a dozen reasons more to join! *headdesk*

It was Kate we were talking about. ... I think.
              Really? I thought it was Liz... *scratches head*
              Kate could be Canadian, never really thought about that

Sig by me

Comment

Dalai Lama is also on twitter.wow
                Shut up!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  <snip>Nope, I'm pretty sure it's just the standard opening door sound effect.

I'm definitely sure it's NOT a transporter. Transporter doors do not have stained glass panels in them (okay, apparently some do, like this rare ringer from Hide and Seek), but the mystery door in Weir's office does have stained glass panels. And then there's these comparison pics...
                  <snip>
                  Door it is. Although now it is apparently a door that leads to a transporter

Would that blog be a way to keep yourself sane through the writing?
                  Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Totes. Though hopefully without any controversy or cooking recipes.
                  Oh noes, this could be dangerous. Don't write anything that could give me cause to write a list

Aw really...

*wipes drool of keyboard*

Most likely.

With Athosian tuttleroot-soup.
                  I've been wondering - would that be like a potato, or perhaps kumara, soup?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Thanks. I made a stickie. And I love the blog.

Awww, SR, Jr. had a hamster. Her name was Squeeze because she could escape between the bars of her cage. LOL Do you have a ball for her to run around in? Hours of fun until they poop.
                  You've just described kids to me

Originally posted by polomare View Post
                  Hehehe Yup. LOL

Cool
                  We should date. I'll bring my iPod

And . . . you just lost points there, mate.
                  Dogs drink out of the toilet *yuck*
                  Whoa. You let your dog inside?

Ok, you gained some points back with that one
                  IRL, I have plenty of comments that lose points, not so many that gain them back. Although I'm told I"m more endearing than annoying. It's both an insult and a compliment

Snort.

Mine ran in a wheel for hours on end. Her name was Roseline. Unfortunately for me the animal chose to die on my birthday, and worst of it all she died in my hands (didn't squeeze her to death if that's what you're thinking).
                  Good lord, that's terrible And no, I didn't think you crushed her. Is that Roseline like clothesline, or Roseline like ro-sell-eene?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Caps of JF from an ep of Birds of Prey.
                  Thanks Linda

Why wouldn't it surprise me if this man has had the same haircut for the better part of his entire life.

Oh dear...
                  And oddly, he is looking younger here than he did on SGA *scratches head*

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                  Isn't yours electric? Mine has power wires. When I used to live in a very, very, very hot weather and didn't need warm water, it was just the pipe and the shower head.

Minimal damage! Just a short short(?) circuit, my brother already fixed it and I have a hot shower again
                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  This has certainly been educational about showers around the world. My whole house is electric. The hot water heater is in the basement and hot water goes through the pipes throughout the house. And I can't imagine anywhere being so hot you don't need hot water. How do you wash dishes?
                  Mine is similar to yours, SR, except the cylinder is not in the basement. I also have a wetback on my fire, which heats the water in addition to the element. Gas is increasingly common here, but in newer houses (heating the water as it is used, rather than before it is used

Heightmeyer's Lemming doesn't like Twitter either - but it's getting harder and harder not to give into the urge.

But what I should I name myself....

Snorted @ Joe's last tweet about being the only first class passenger on Air Lingus.
                  And I snorted at Air Lingus *runs*

Oh
                  Femslash thoughts crossed my mind a few times while watching SGA, ngl. Especially when Teyla was on screen
                  Though mostly of the time I was too focused in Sparky to pay attention to something else.
                  But then Ronon showed up and my attention was split a little
                  Too bad I'm not the femslash kind of person (in fandom, IRL I like to think that all hot girls are lesbians and want to make out with me ). I would totally help you keep things updated if I was.
                  Where have you been all my life?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Hello all!
                  I've been lurking here almost since I discovered this site and finally decided to join the Sparky fun.
                  Funny thing is I had never heard of shipping until this site or thought much about any pairings on tv. And then along came a little show called Stargate Atlantis, I found this site and discovered shipping. After watching The Storm, i just knew this thread would get started. Once I started watching the reruns it was like Holy Shipper Alert Batman it was there from the pilot. Then you all had to start having such interesting conversations here and I was hooked.

Please humor me while I try to figure out this forum since I've never joined one before.
                  Welcome to sparky I'd never heard of shipping before either until GW. Fifteen hundred posts later......

Before I forget to add this, I've been working on something to keep myself sane and not get too depressed while job hunting that could be of use for your virtual season six.

Thanks to something Chris Judge said on commentary for Season Six of SG-1, I began wondering how much damage our heros actually did to the enemy. So I watched every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis to figure out how many bad guys they killed, how many they captured, what they blew up or how many air-to-air victories they have and what medals they should have gotten for their actions. I even tracked down what civilian medals Elizabeth and the other scientists could be up for.

Could this be of any use for your massive project I can't wait to read?

I also worked out a little more back story and military achievements of secondary characters like Caldwell, Ellis, Probies' mom's hunk a hunk of burning Lorne, Cadman, Banks and even Chuck.
                  That's a great idea. And the bolded bit - brilliant. It's something I'd never even considered, yet quite logical.

Kate/pretty much everyone - though I have to be able to envision it (applies to all ships though).

But I too have OTP's (both het and femslash), OT3's... that sort of thing.
                  I've been meaning to ask this for ages, but it rarely comes up. What are OTP's? And OT3's?

Aren't they?!
                  I'm going to resize it a little, large banner and changing images is making me a little confused and dizzy...

We should probably make some animated sigs from Gateraid caps
                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  That sounds positively naughty. I love it!
                  But not too naughty. The gods can see you (and by gods, read mods)

Aah, one of the mysterious lurkers comes forward!
                  Welcome mandogater. Grab a chair, some popcorn, don't accept any mints and have fun!!

Yay!!! And it's an awesome one at that

Can't we use that as a slogan somewhere??

I think character by character would be easier to look something up while you're writing.

And now I'm thinking that maybe we could give Lorne his promotion and give maybe McKay and Zelenka medals at the start of the season.
                  Then at the end of the season we can promote John and give Elizabeth a medal

Completely OT:

Spoiler:
                  I just got tickets for Gorillaz in November!!!!!!!!!!!! *does a silly little happy dance*
                  Isn't it November already??
                  I've been a fan of this idea since it was first mentioned. That is, promote Lorne initially, then promote Shep near/at the end of the season. But as was mentioned at the time, there needs to be a logical reason why Lorne didn't receive his own (seperate) command. Although given that Carter didn't get a separate team in SG-1 when she came back from maternity leave Area 51, there is some precedent. And presumably they'd err on the side of having more than the usual number of higher ranking officers on Atlantis, given it's security/classification status

Since she is a civilian, I'd need a majority vote from you all to decide if she was Canadian or American before I could take a guess. I did consider awarding her a Distinguished US Federal Service Medal but if the non-military personnel are all imployed through the IOA, I don't think would still be eligible for it.
                  That's a bit unclear (although I gather Kate is American). Some are specifically employed by the Air Force during their time at the SGC - Elizabeth, Rodney, Dr Lee etc - but it was never spelled out precisely what the situation was on Atlantis.
                  sigpic

Comment

Shut up!!!!!!!!!!
                    S.A.R.A.H. - the smart house in Eureka - is also on twitter.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I've been wondering - would that be like a potato, or perhaps kumara, soup?
                    I haven't a clue, really.

You've just described kids to me
                    Second that.

Good lord, that's terrible And no, I didn't think you crushed her. Is that Roseline like clothesline, or Roseline like ro-sell-eene?
                    More like Rose-line.

I've been meaning to ask this for ages, but it rarely comes up. What are OTP's? And OT3's?
                    To the best of my knowledge:

OTP = one true pairing
                    OT3 = one true threesome

That's a bit unclear (although I gather Kate is American). Some are specifically employed by the Air Force during their time at the SGC - Elizabeth, Rodney, Dr Lee etc - but it was never spelled out precisely what the situation was on Atlantis.
                    Another one of those PTB creation of story fails... I guess.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh... I always considered her to be Canadian (but that's because Claire is Canadian). She could be an American citizen, not much canon evidence to support that either. *shrug*
                      Oohhh. So there's no official word on it then? *scratches head* Torri is Candian, but plays an American, although David plays a Canadian. And Amanda is British, but plays an American. That clears things up

That's what the propworx outfit stated, but she has never worn that on screen so that's quite debatable. There's no canon evidence to support that claim.
                      I'd go back to the SG1 days. Except for the scientists (brilliance in that area would be international and they'd probably be snatched up by their own nations military once they proved their excellence), my guess (and that's all it is) would be that any other civilian would be 'attached' to the USAF in much the same way as McKay was when he consulted at the SGC. Although that theory may not be that valid - the few times on SG1 that they actually did decide to evacuate to the Alpha Site, they took civilians (the best and the brightest from all fields). And in Red Sky, when Carter accidentally doomed some villagers, they had a non-military scientist involved (was it Dr McClary, with his super heavy McClarium?)

List
                      Sounds interesting, but I barely even check my facebook account. Which I only got because someone wanted me to check out theirs.

Shut up!!!!!!!!!!
                      Okay, I have to go to bed soon
                      sigpic

Comment

Shut up!!!!!!!!!!
                        Sorry. I was just doing a list....by the way, Gorillaz is also on twitter. I know this one was easy.lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I barely even check my facebook account. Which I only got because someone wanted me to check out theirs.
                          Like me. I spent 10 minutes on it and I deactivated my account.
                          sigpic

Comment

*headdesk*
                            I think I'm gonna tweet ...
                            *surrenders*

Comment

S.A.R.A.H. - the smart house in Eureka - is also on twitter.

I haven't a clue, really.

Second that.

More like Rose-line.
                              Cute

To the best of my knowledge:

OTP = one true pairing
                              OT3 = one true threesome
                              And here was I thinking it was an Off Topic Pairing. No wonder it didn't make any sense

Another one of those PTB creation of story fails... I guess.
                              I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway. I guess it's just one of those things that could've tied their hands at a later date.

When you think about it, it's odd that all of the civilians didn't wear the civilian uniform, Weir included. That way they wouldn't have had to add dialogue to say "oh hey, I'm American/Candian/German......"
                              sigpic

Comment

And given that my previous two posts were not particularly sparky...

Spoiler:

If you keep staring at it, it's not going to go down

I know, I know. I know I should look away, but some things you just have to stand back and admire

Sorry nephtys, again
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X