Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Finished the eye!sex blends for Suspicion and there are a lot of them. I'm gonna put them on my LJ when I get home from work.
    But I just wanted to share these with you all first. Enjoy!
    Oooo, I love the 3rd one especially!
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

It did change over the course of the seasons - they say as much in the commentaries and I think in te compagnion guides too.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hope so too for you... but then again, maybe he'll fall asleep on your shoulder during the photo-op

See, I was thinking the same thing...
        Then in that case I hope he flies straight from Scotland to Chicago.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        First point of business: with the timeline up that's all I have left to contribute. SR, the call is on you where to go from here.

Second...for fun, I did a comparison of Elizabeth's Office season by season: I'll let you decide whether it's changed...

To me it looks like the make-up is the same but that they added Sq footage by S5, because the Full Shot from Rising makes the office seem much smaller.
        Oh, okay. Are we ready to start writing? That would mean you and SK go first. I've been doing a bit on To Build A Fire but not a lot. Everybody needs to get betas lined up and re-familiarize themselves with the timeline and the synopsis of each episode. Some of our writers haven't been around lately. That may be a situation later. And we still need a writer for several episodes, do we not?

I think I remember on a commentary the changes in the office were discussed. I remember someone saying at first it was just part of a corridor they walled off and then later they expanded it. It looks like they kept moving the walls around and didn't think we would notice. But I guess that's a natural progression for a show. They did the same thing with the infirmary and the mess hall.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Oh, okay. Are we ready to start writing? That would mean you and SK go first. I've been doing a bit on To Build A Fire but not a lot. Everybody needs to get betas lined up and re-familiarize themselves with the timeline and the synopsis of each episode. Some of our writers haven't been around lately. That may be a situation later. And we still need a writer for several episodes, do we not?
          I'd be willing to write an ep, but with a co-writer. If I have to do it alone, I'd never make the deadline.

Sig by me

Comment

I'd be willing to write an ep, but with a co-writer. If I have to do it alone, I'd never make the deadline.
            We haven't talked about deadlines but I imagine we will all be pretty slow. How about some of the new members? Anyone want a writing partner? Believe me, the idea of writing 40+ pages is a bit daunting to me. I'm the drabble queen and 10 pages seems like a novel. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

We haven't talked about deadlines but I imagine we will all be pretty slow. How about some of the new members? Anyone want a writing partner? Believe me, the idea of writing 40+ pages is a bit daunting to me. I'm the drabble queen and 10 pages seems like a novel. LOL
              Yeah, we haven't decided deadlines. I'm involved in the first 3 episodes, so I hope the deadline isn't soon!

I've updated Episode 3 and named it "Trust"--let me know if anyone objects to this. We'd discussed the content of the episode a while back and so I've added the plot synopsis. I think Trust is a fitting title (and reusable, even if it's been used in SG-1) because it covers all the various scenarios involved in the storyline. If people have anything to add, add it to the comments.

Erin, if you want to talk about where Teyla will be heading into first year following Trust let me know.

Thinking over this, I propose a vote that all writers who have not seen S4/S5 should have a Beta or co-writer who has, who can tell them what they're missing. Even if the co-writer is just a sounding board and not an actual writer.

I can say personally that it's very different to actually see it even if you think you have a good idea what happens based on what people talk about it all the time. There are a lot of character nuances and stuff that would be missed if I'd written without seeing the last two seasons. We need to make sure we're writing for the general audience even if we didn't or don't approve of the changes made. Otherwise we're going to fail holding up the 'sticking to canon' part we're promising.

Comment

Trust has not be been used as SG1-title.

And I don't think I need to say again that I have seen all of SGA (multiple times too) and all of SG1 (but that's not really that important) (and none of SGU).

Comment

Well, 40+ pages is actually a normal sized fic for me... one of the ones I'm writing right now (Missing Moments) is over 70 pages and I'm barely half
                  So size isn't the problem, my muse is as she is insanely stubborn and walks out whenever she sees fit

I've updated Episode 3 and named it "Trust"--let me know if anyone objects to this. We'd discussed the content of the episode a while back and so I've added the plot synopsis. I think Trust is a fitting title (and reusable, even if it's been used in SG-1) because it covers all the various scenarios involved in the storyline. If people have anything to add, add it to the comments.
                  I like it and I'll change it on the website.

And this is for all writers: if you change the title of an ep or a summary, let me know so I can update it on the sgarising website.

Thinking over this, I propose a vote that all writers who have not seen S4/S5 should have a Beta or co-writer who has, who can tell them what they're missing. Even if the co-writer is just a sounding board and not an actual writer.
                  I agree. I've only seen a couple of s5 eps and a lot does happen that is important for s6. And I'd watch all of s5 (no matter how difficult it will be) before writing or reading s6.

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Eeep! *glomps cuttingonions*

Eri, SR, before we get down to writing, did we ever finish discussing the season finale in more detail? I thought we were going to do that.

"Trust" is a great title for Episode 3 and I have no objections to it.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I don't have the s4 dvds, but check out the DG one if you get a mo. That's the scene I'm thinking of. I seem to remember the sound of the transporter, and they walked into the room. Of course I may have just assumed it was a transporter, if I was watching s4 there was probably alcohol involved
                    Nope, I'm pretty sure it's just the standard opening door sound effect.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    So, we're not entirely sure, right? Possibly a transporter, or just a door. And what the frak are they doing calling it Carter's office? Commander's office would be more apt.
                    I'm definitely sure it's NOT a transporter. Transporter doors do not have stained glass panels in them (okay, apparently some do, like this rare ringer from Hide and Seek), but the mystery door in Weir's office does have stained glass panels. And then there's these comparison pics...

Here's a couple of pics of Ford coming in that door from The Siege, Part 3:
                    Spoiler:
                    Before

After

And some shots of Ronon coming through the mystery doorway in Lifeline:
                    Spoiler:
                    Before

During

After

Compare all those to Eri's pic of Carson standing in front of the open doorway in Season 2; it's the same hallway back there.

Definitely not a transporter. Just a hallway.

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                    http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2470/sgas02e17x264720pspanis.png
                    (Elizabeth's POV)*must keep my hands to myself*

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/885...ethsoblunt.png
                    *Note to self: Next time not ogle Elizabeth so bluntly in front of everyone. It can be embarrassing.*
                    Ahahahaha!

Lol!!!! I love John's face in that last one... he looks so guilty
                    And Liz really is focusing on keeping her hands to herself
                    Gee, you think they just came from a closet?
                    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 29 July 2010, 06:57 AM. Reason: correcting typos
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, we haven't decided deadlines. I'm involved in the first 3 episodes, so I hope the deadline isn't soon!

Erin, if you want to talk about where Teyla will be heading into first year following Trust let me know.

I can say personally that it's very different to actually see it even if you think you have a good idea what happens based on what people talk about it all the time. There are a lot of character nuances and stuff that would be missed if I'd written without seeing the last two seasons. We need to make sure we're writing for the general audience even if we didn't or don't approve of the changes made. Otherwise we're going to fail holding up the 'sticking to canon' part we're promising.
                      Trust sounds good and fits all the different aspects of the ep.

ITA on viewing S4-5 or having a beta who has. I vote for asking begging all writers to please view all of S4-5 if humanly possible.

Oh, and I was thinking we hadn't spent a lot of time discussing the finale too. But my thinking right now is that's so far in the future maybe we can put it off. I for one will forget everything we said. The synopsis on the comm is pretty thorough and may have to be changed anyway as we write the other eps.

We can't really impose a deadline due to RL issues for writers. But I think we need to get something up on the website within the next month or so since we are handing out cards with that web address on it. People's memories are short and if they go there and find nothing beyond the timeline they may forget to check back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Eeep! *glomps cuttingonions*

Eri, SR, before we get down to writing, did we ever finish discussing the season finale in more detail? I thought we were going to do that.

"Trust" is a great title for Episode 3 and I have no objections to it.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's just the standard opening door sound effect.

I'm definitely sure it's NOT a transporter. Transporter doors do not have stained glass panels in them (okay, apparently some do, like this rare ringer from Hide and Seek), but the mystery door in Weir's office does have stained glass panels. And then there's these comparison pics...

Here's a couple of pics of Ford coming in that door from The Siege, Part 3:
                        Spoiler:
                        Before

After

And some shots of Ronon coming through the mystery doorway in Lifeline:
                        Spoiler:
                        Before

During

After

Compare all those to Eri's pic of Carson standing in front of the open doorway in Season 2; it's the same hallway back there.

Definitely not a transporter. Just a hallway.

Ahahahaha!

Gee, you think they just came from a closet?
                        Trust sounds good and fits all the different aspects of the ep.

ITA on viewing S4-5 or having a beta who has. I vote for asking begging all writers to please view all of S4-5 if humanly possible.

Oh, and I was thinking we hadn't spent a lot of time discussing the finale too. But my thinking right now is that's so far in the future maybe we can put it off. I for one will forget everything we said. The synopsis on the comm is pretty thorough and may have to be changed anyway as we write the other eps.

We can't really impose a deadline due to RL issues for writers. But I think we need to get something up on the website within the next month or so since we are handing out cards with that web address on it. People's memories are short and if they go there and find nothing beyond the timeline they may forget to check back.
                        I agree with SR on holding off on the Finale. I have a feeling our season is going to take characters in developmental directions that we can't plan for at this point. Perhaps after we hit Primum Movens we can start discussing details like the name of the bad guys and such. We also need to discuss Extinction, but I think we should wait and see how we end up writing stuff like Evolution, Adoremus and The Pegasus Coalition.

What if we did a 'writer's blog' to keep people up-to-date--Kris, can you put a blogging function on the website? Then we can update with fun, stupid stuff like "John's character is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not working with me right now. Stubborn Sheppard." or "have you ever imagined what an Athosian Christening gown looks like? Me neither". We can keep it lighthearted and update progress, too, and open it for all pen-to-paper writers.

Comment

Would that blog be a way to keep yourself sane through the writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Totes. Though hopefully without any controversy or cooking recipes.

Comment

I agree with SR on holding off on the Finale. I have a feeling our season is going to take characters in developmental directions that we can't plan for at this point. Perhaps after we hit Primum Movens we can start discussing details like the name of the bad guys and such. We also need to discuss Extinction, but I think we should wait and see how we end up writing stuff like Evolution, Adoremus and The Pegasus Coalition.

What if we did a 'writer's blog' to keep people up-to-date--Kris, can you put a blogging function on the website? Then we can update with fun, stupid stuff like "John's character is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not working with me right now. Stubborn Sheppard." or "have you ever imagined what an Athosian Christening gown looks like? Me neither". We can keep it lighthearted and update progress, too, and open it for all pen-to-paper writers.
                              Love the blog idea. That would be fun even for non-writers and would keep the writers in touch with each other. Plus the "fans" could ask us questions and make comments.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I think you may expect too much.

Totes. Though hopefully without any controversy or cooking recipes.
                              *pouts* I was planning to post pics of whatever I cook Mr. SR for dinner. Tonight is three-cheese ravioli with a piquant marinara sauce served with a juicy fruit salad made with Eastern peaches, Jersey blueberries and California strawberries. We don't have any dogs but some of you could repost your cat pics. It would be just like a real blog.
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree with the others, that is an awesome idea!!
                                And adding in a blog shouldn't be a problem whatsoever

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X