Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    LOL. I need to lose another 15 Kgs before JF can lift me, otherwise I'd kill him, ROTFLMAO.
    I was 90 Kgs, now I am 75 Kgs. Maybe in another 6 months ... who knows?
    Oh dear!

But congrats on the weight loss!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Haha, yup, you can always see how he'd react to that

In other news and it's sorta SGA, but OT:
    Spoiler:
    I know some of you have kids and maybe this would be cool to make for them:
    http://blastr.com/2010/07/video-step-by-step-instru.php
    ZOMFG! That's cool!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm rewatching SG1 and in Evolution they're talking about the fact that the Goa'uld based their sarcophagus on an Ancient device that has an extreme ability to heal. Too extreme for humans, because if they'd want to use it, they'd have to stand at a considerable distance with the machine on a very low setting.
      Anyway, why am I bringing this up? Could we maybe use something like that in S7? A device like that could have a positive or negative effect on the expedition. McKay tries it out and the test subject dies (red shirt). Elizabeth or Woolsey, or whoever is in charge then, doesn't want to sanction another test, but McKay tries to convince them, telling them of the benefits. John once again shows his trust in McKay and volunteers (angst scene between John and Liz).
      Just an idea of course, but it would be kinda logical that the ancients kept a healing device like that in Atlantis, even if they left the one behind on Earth.

Sig by me

Comment

ZOMG!!!!! If you're a Castle fan, you have to see this:

Sig by me

Comment

I'm rewatching SG1 and in Evolution they're talking about the fact that the Goa'uld based their sarcophagus on an Ancient device that has an extreme ability to heal. Too extreme for humans, because if they'd want to use it, they'd have to stand at a considerable distance with the machine on a very low setting.
          Anyway, why am I bringing this up? Could we maybe use something like that in S7? A device like that could have a positive or negative effect on the expedition. McKay tries it out and the test subject dies (red shirt). Elizabeth or Woolsey, or whoever is in charge then, doesn't want to sanction another test, but McKay tries to convince them, telling them of the benefits. John once again shows his trust in McKay and volunteers (angst scene between John and Liz).
          Just an idea of course, but it would be kinda logical that the ancients kept a healing device like that in Atlantis, even if they left the one behind on Earth.
          Oooh, that could have some possibilities. But it brings up the question of why we haven't seen this device used before on Atlantis. Is this device discovered in this episode, or have they known about its existence for a while?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Oooh, that could have some possibilities. But it brings up the question of why we haven't seen this device used before on Atlantis. Is this device discovered in this episode, or have they known about its existence for a while?
            There's still a ton of labs they haven't fully explored yet, so it's very well possible the device got only discovered in that ep. Or in between eps and we open the ep as Rodney and Zelenka are working on it.

Sig by me

Comment

Some shameless selfpimping. I just uploaded my latest fic: Think of it as camping
              Obviously it's Sparky
              Enjoy

Sig by me

Comment

FYI - John giving Elizabeth is a kitten is a bad idea. I doubt Atlantis can handle cuteness turning into an absolute gremlin-like state.

*gets innocent look from Saphira & replies with eyeroll and sigh*
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*emerald_day drops in*

I´m back lol I know I haven´t been abel to bee here as much as I would have liked, I have been so busy with work. I saw all of these lovely banners that you guys have been makeing so I thought I would make some banners for the: Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series . The banners that I made are really similer to my other one that I made, you could say they are indentical. I only changed the text in the banner. I still hope you guys like them. I made two versions "gold" and "silver" . Anyway what have you all been up too?

Here are my Banners:

Gold Text Version:
                  http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...old_w_text.jpg

Gold Clean Version:
                  http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...text_clean.jpg

Silver Text Version:

Silver Clean Version:
                  http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ver_w_text.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Don't worry. I already know dirty words in portuguese. My dad teached me them.lol
                    I'm happy to see I'm not alone.
                    Lol, your dad is Brazilian?! That's awesome! And is great to know that if I ever vent/have a fangirl attack in portuguese, you will understand me!♥

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Hey cutty, your gifs are excellent. The one with the hug is my favorite. I never really paid attention to John's face (bad thing for a sparky lol) and now I can see it.
                    You should pay more attention to sparky from now on!!! And thank you♥

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Those were all totally wonderful. Can you do the handholding after he rescued her from Kolya in The Eye? *puppy eyes*

I'm 5' 6" and I'm taller than most women I know. What do you feed the girls down there?
                    Can do!
                    And I'm not even going to say anything in the "how tall you are" convo, because I'm almost short enough to not be able to donate blood. Even when I passed the height by centimeters I still can't donate blood but that's because I'm too skinny. Fail.

Haha, he so does
                    He so wants to kiss her
                    Can you blame him? Lol!

I wish we had the whole shooting from this scene... they actually running up the stairs instead of they running for the stairs. *sigh* But we can't always get what we want
                    You can have the gif though.
                    Spoiler:

I hated the coloring on this, but I have to go and finish... stuff.

Comment

Though reenacting the fainting scene from Echoes might be interesting...
                      It would cripple him. He'd drop me and then where would we be?

LOL. I need to lose another 15 Kgs before JF can lift me, otherwise I'd kill him, ROTFLMAO.
                      I was 90 Kgs, now I am 75 Kgs. Maybe in another 6 months ... who knows?
                      Me too. Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great. I weigh about 145lbs/72.5kgs which is more than I've ever weighed when not pregnant. LOL But in my youth I was skinny as a rail. So a warning to all you younguns. It creeps up on you. But IMHO nothing looks worse than a scrawny old lady. So I'm not too upset by the gain. Anyhow you look at it, Joe couldn't lift me far. But I'd be glad to hang on his neck while he tried. Didn't Jason say something at a con once about how strong he is? LOL

I love this idea but will never remember it until S7. So that's your job. Bring it up again then.

ZOMG!!!!! If you're a Castle fan, you have to see this:

*dies* They had to do this sooner or later I guess.

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                      *emerald_day drops in*

I´m back lol I know I haven´t been abel to bee here as much as I would have liked, I have been so busy with work. I saw all of these lovely banners that you guys have been makeing so I thought I would make some banners for the: Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series . The banners that I made are really similer to my other one that I made, you could say they are indentical. I only changed the text in the banner. I still hope you guys like them. I made two versions "gold" and "silver" . Anyway what have you all been up too?

Here are my Banners:

Gold Text Version:

Gold Clean Version:

Silver Text Version:

Silver Clean Version:
                      Hi, welcome back. Those were gorgeous. Added to our art stickie for easy reference.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Some shameless selfpimping. I just uploaded my latest fic: Think of it as camping
                        Obviously it's Sparky
                        Enjoy
                        Great!

*emerald_day drops in*

Here are my Banners:

Gold Text Version:

Gold Clean Version:

Silver Text Version:

Silver Clean Version:
                        They're very pretty!

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post

I wish we had the whole shooting from this scene... they actually running up the stairs instead of they running for the stairs. *sigh* But we can't always get what we want

Yeah, I wish we had the whole thing too. Great gif though.
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

There's still a ton of labs they haven't fully explored yet, so it's very well possible the device got only discovered in that ep. Or in between eps and we open the ep as Rodney and Zelenka are working on it.
                          That'll work.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          FYI - John giving Elizabeth is a kitten is a bad idea. I doubt Atlantis can handle cuteness turning into an absolute gremlin-like state.

*gets innocent look from Saphira & replies with eyeroll and sigh*
                          *snickers*

*emerald_day drops in*

Here are my Banners:

Gold Text Version:

Gold Clean Version:

Silver Text Version:

Silver Clean Version:
                          That is a great design! (But then, I've always liked purple. ) One suggestion I'd like to offer is to lighten up the gold and silver of the Atlantis Rising logo/By the Fans, For the Fans line; in all four banners it's dark enough that it kind of blends into the dark background which makes it a bit hard to read.

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post

Oh, yum! *squees and snerches*

And curse them for always cutting out the good stuff!

It would cripple him. He'd drop me and then where would we be?
                          Eeep.

Me too. Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great. I weigh about 145lbs/72.5kgs which is more than I've ever weighed when not pregnant. LOL But in my youth I was skinny as a rail. So a warning to all you younguns. It creeps up on you. But IMHO nothing looks worse than a scrawny old lady. So I'm not too upset by the gain. Anyhow you look at it, Joe couldn't lift me far. But I'd be glad to hang on his neck while he tried. Didn't Jason say something at a con once about how strong he is? LOL
                          He's Superman! LOL!

Comment

Quick note for those in the US: The iTunes Store (US only as far as I know) is currently offering the first episodes of several science fiction series, including SGA, as free downloads. (the link will open iTunes if you have it installed on your computer)

Mmmm, Rising on my iPod... Bring on that magnum of champagne and our first Sparky eyesex!

Comment

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              I love cats too much, I can't help it.
                              Me and my friend help all stray cats we can. In this last month we have found 3, all in bad conditions, but they are recovering. We hope in good adoptions for them.
                              Public link to pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=df47050f20 (no need to be registered to FB)
                              Spoiler:
                              aww poor babies, i always feel so bad when I see or hear about injured animals. I feed strays, and I take care of momma cats and their kittens sometimes. I always try to find the babies a good home, sometimes I'll even keep a kitten if i fall in love with it and can take another one in.
                              sigpic

Comment

Quick note for those in the US: The iTunes Store (US only as far as I know) is currently offering the first episodes of several science fiction series, including SGA, as free downloads. (the link will open iTunes if you have it installed on your computer)

Mmmm, Rising on my iPod... Bring on that magnum of champagne and our first Sparky eyesex!
                                Lol, I have all my favorite SGA eps on iTunes already. Rising is one of them, I'm probably missing only a few eps in the series actually. (most of my 160GB ipod is stargate eps lol, i also have a few other tv shows and movies. Thanks for mentioning it though. Do you have any idea what other sci-fi series they are trying to pimp by offering freebies? lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X