Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Uh oh, well I have one more. I was collecting clips for doing a vid request from Anuna. Don't tell her but I hope to have it ready when she gets back. The sheer number of good clips for this couple is just overwhelming.
    Which song you're vidding? *is curious*

Anyway, we need a gif of the walk by scene in The Intruder. It happens when Caldwell asks to speak to her in private and John gives her such a look.

Spoiler:
    They seem to be leaning toward each other here. So in tune.

Then she walks by and John looks like this.
    Oh John... So obvious... Not that we can blame him

Will do! Lol, if I actually have time to do all this. Even photoshop doing all by itself, idk how many siblings I'll have to fight over the usage of the computer tonight. Not many I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
      Which song you're vidding? *is curious*

Oh John... So obvious... Not that we can blame him

Will do! Lol, if I actually have time to do all this. Even photoshop doing all by itself, idk how many siblings I'll have to fight over the usage of the computer tonight. Not many I hope!
      Love and Happiness by Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler. It's gonna be an eyesex extravaganza. But I work slowly so don't get too excited to see it anytime soon. Especially since I'm doing it the hard way and not cheating with iMovie. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Love and Happiness by Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler. It's gonna be an eyesex extravaganza. But I work slowly so don't get too excited to see it anytime soon. Especially since I'm doing it the hard way and not cheating with iMovie. LOL
        Is there a way to cheat when vidding?! lol, my vids usually take weeks or months (not counting the ones that I forget are forgotten in my HD and then I bring them back to life)! We have to make scene-per-scene and according with the music rhythm, there's no easy way to do it if we want it to be perfect...
        I'm doing one for Nuna too, with Bruce's Let's be Friends. Tecnically, I'm not doing it yet, but I'm planning to start this week.

AND EYE!SEX. WANT. GIVE IT TO ME. *DIES FROM EXCITMENT*

Comment

Is there a way to cheat when vidding?!
          If you find it, please share it, LOL
          Creating a vid takes a lot of patience. I wish I had a more powerful computer, because it's frustrating when it renders the video and then you realize it's not ok and you have to make modifications and a new render will take a lot of time.
          Wish I could find a way to mask better overlays, for example the lullaby video has exceptional masking of Teyla over other movies and I can't seem to find a way to do the same thing. Crap!

Comment

Hi all!

The Timeline is up for the most part. I still have to do the Wraith, but I didn't want people to wait any longer.

All the entries for it are located in the comments for our General Story timeline here: http://community.livejournal.com/spa...w=39193#t39193

You are welcome to add anything additional to the characters by commenting on the comments about them.

I'll try to crank out the Wraith timeline shortly. In the meanwhile, peruse this and see if you can think of anything else continuity wise we might need, or questions you may have.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
              Creating a vid takes a lot of patience. I wish I had a more powerful computer, because it's frustrating when it renders the video and then you realize it's not ok and you have to make modifications and a new render will take a lot of time.
              Wish I could find a way to mask better overlays, for example the lullaby video has exceptional masking of Teyla over other movies and I can't seem to find a way to do the same thing. Crap!
              I just got my old computer repaired and I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE HELL I USE TO VID THERE. No seriously, the thing is so slow. Lol.
              Render is definitely my least favorite part of vidding. Last week, when I was uploading a video, there were like ONE FRAME that wasn't cutted out of the video, but if I left it there I wouldn't be able to sleep properly, lol. So I rendered again. More 45 minutes because of one frame. FML.
              My computer is not that powerful, but at least now with my 1TB HD I can leave all my tv shows there and vid away
              I love Sony Vegas for masking. And for everything else (lol).
              There you can overlay multiple videos, make moviment/crop/zoom with little quality loss (if you're vidding for online streaming, not so good for DVD authoring unless you're using HD footage).
              With SV we can use many video tracks, sometimes I use +20 tracks for blending.
              But then my work computer is bit-chin'
              And is just to amuse the clients, I'm more fond of fast and clean video cuts than blends. In this Lullaby video, it fit very well because of the song and video effects.

And just so we don't go OT:
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Hi all!

The Timeline is up for the most part. I still have to do the Wraith, but I didn't want people to wait any longer.

All the entries for it are located in the comments for our General Story timeline here: http://community.livejournal.com/spa...w=39193#t39193

You are welcome to add anything additional to the characters by commenting on the comments about them.

I'll try to crank out the Wraith timeline shortly. In the meanwhile, peruse this and see if you can think of anything else continuity wise we might need, or questions you may have.

*bookmarks to read in the bus*

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Hi all!

Excellent! I'll give this a looksee ASAP! Thanks, Eri!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Is there a way to cheat when vidding?! lol, my vids usually take weeks or months (not counting the ones that I forget are forgotten in my HD and then I bring them back to life)! We have to make scene-per-scene and according with the music rhythm, there's no easy way to do it if we want it to be perfect...
                    I'm doing one for Nuna too, with Bruce's Let's be Friends. Tecnically, I'm not doing it yet, but I'm planning to start this week.

AND EYE!SEX. WANT. GIVE IT TO ME. *DIES FROM EXCITMENT*
                    Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                    iMovie is cheating because it gives you a template and you just plug in the clips. If you don't want to, you don't even have to do your own transitions.

I remember the rendering problems when I used a PC. Now I use a Mac and Final Cut Express which renders in a minute or two. I'm too lazy to study like I should and practice all the techniques. I like to use screen overlays which can give you some of the effects like in Lullaby and I think if you manipulate soft edges to black out most of the scene you can isolate parts like in that Teyla section. I like that also.

*bookmarks timeline for later*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Woot!! Timeline!! Will look it over... not that I'll be able to contribute anything useful, but still

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Hot damn, he was totally checking her out in that scene!
                      Haha!!! He so was!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

iMovie is cheating because it gives you a template and you just plug in the clips. If you don't want to, you don't even have to do your own transitions.
                        I really don't like those kind of programs. Is not even because is cheating, I just don't like the style.

I remember the rendering problems when I used a PC. Now I use a Mac and Final Cut Express which renders in a minute or two. I'm too lazy to study like I should and practice all the techniques. I like to use screen overlays which can give you some of the effects like in Lullaby and I think if you manipulate soft edges to black out most of the scene you can isolate parts like in that Teyla section. I like that also.

*bookmarks timeline for later*
                        *kicks floor* I always wanted a Mac (because of final cut) but in Brazil is ridiculous expensive
                        So I grew a love for Sony Vegas for letting me do whatever I want

Comment

Cutty, you're Brazilian. This means I can practise my portuguese with you. Eu sou estúpido. notei a sua nacionalidade que agora.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Eri, awesome job on the timeline!!! *applauds*

Sig by me

Comment

In honor of my 15th anniversary at work today, I'm dropping off 3 "5 Times" fic prompts for the Sparky crew. Wish I had time and creativity to tackle these myself, but alas, I am fresh out of both, so CHEERS to whoever picks these up!

5 Times John & Elizabeth Get Caught In A Storm
                              5 Times Elizabeth Calls John's Bluff
                              5 Times John Chases Elizabeth
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Haha!!! He so was!!!!
                                That's our John. Always watching Lizzeh's ass.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X