Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's what I was envisioning, too. Maybe a disc-like shape, or even something that looked like a miniature puddle jumper. Perhaps, when they use one for a space gate, the jumper can pick it up by opening a panel on the outer hull, and the kino fits inside. Hmm...
    I love that idea!!!! Mini jumpers
    Lol, I can see John and Liz's kid playing with one

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    In Inquisition, it's all scenes we've seen before, clips taken from other episodes, hence 'clip show'.
    Most shows have atleast one clipshow episode per season to save on costs. I usually just roll my eyes at them...

Sig by me

Comment

Damn, I'm tired. I didn't even had the chance to skip a little bit of work to check out this thread today. *checks thread*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
      Hee. I love smut Tuesdays

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      Uhm, "Kino" is the German word for cinema.

*hugs Probie*
      Hee. And they keep telling me that fandom is a waste of time. I keep learning new languages... and se...*cough* making out(?) positions.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Croatian too, only the accent when pronouncing is different.
      German... Croatian... see? Fandom = awesome way to learn stuff

That's what I was envisioning, too. Maybe a disc-like shape, or even something that looked like a miniature puddle jumper. Perhaps, when they use one for a space gate, the jumper can pick it up by opening a panel on the outer hull, and the kino fits inside. Hmm...
      Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      And with the capability of cloaking itself ... that would be cool!
      *nods* I was watching Childhood's End the other day, and wondering if the ancients didn't have one of those probies thingies that Wraith have.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        And now I'm obligated to go looking for sparky fluffy fic. With kids preferably. Or with they making one... *checks livejournal*

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
          How about a more advanced version, smaller or more aerodynamic or with more functions? That would fit with how Ancient tech is shown to have evolved from Destiny era, to Milkey Way before they fled from the plague, to Atlantis.
          Now that idea I can go for. I keep thinking about that ball thing in Childhood's End. It's Wraith tech I know but maybe they stole it from Atlantis or vice versa.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          Yeah I wasn't really a fan of Inquistion; and i think It would've been better if if John was the one talking about Elizabeth also. He always gets this looks in his eyes everytime hes talked about her since Lifeline, that just really makes me wanna hug him. lol
          I'd be glad to do that for you in Chicago.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Now that idea I can go for. I keep thinking about that ball thing in Childhood's End. It's Wraith tech I know but maybe they stole it from Atlantis or vice versa.

I'd be glad to do that for you in Chicago.
            You are soo lucky if you get a chance to lol. Even if i went to a con, i could never bring myself to touch him, or even look someone in the eye lol. I'm extremy shy around people, sometimes even people i know lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
              And with the capability of cloaking itself ... that would be cool!
              That is a GREAT idea!

LMAO! They so would!

Hmm, that's not a bad thought. We have seen the Wraith attempting (and sometimes succeeding) in reverse-engineering Ancient technology, like working out how to use ZPMs in their cloning facilities and the like. It does stand to reason that they might have gotten the idea for their drone ball from the Ancients.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Very very true. He deserves a bunch of purple hearts. And since he saved Earth in EatG, he should get the MOH.
                Yep. He deserves the Medal of Honor though I wonder what his reaction to that would be. He seems like a modest man and maybe would feel abashed about receiving it.

Comment

Yup, exactly. John more than deserves it. And you're right, he isn't in it for the glory and he would never gloat about it, but he sure does deserve it.
                  You know what would be a great scene for s7? When Elizabeth is in John's room and opens one of his drawers, she finds a medal box, opens it and finds a purple heart. She confronts him about it, wondering why he never told her or anyone else about it and he just shrugs, saying he only did his work.
                  Yeah, I know, it would be in his file, but still, it would be a beautiful scene
                  Hi Kris,
                  I didn't have time to play on the internet much lately, sorry for the late reply. Also to you SR. I'd make it the Medal of Honor because it is the highest honor in the U.S. military as I understand. They give the Purple Heart if one has suffered an injury in the line of combat. Other than that, that would be a fabulous scene and allows for deeper conversation between the two.

Comment

You are soo lucky if you get a chance to lol. Even if i went to a con, i could never bring myself to touch him, or even look someone in the eye lol. I'm extremy shy around people, sometimes even people i know lol.
                    I feel too shy to even go and I live in the Chicago area now. I want to continue to think of JF as John Sheppard for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                      I feel too shy to even go and I live in the Chicago area now. I want to continue to think of JF as John Sheppard for the time being.
                      LOl yeah thats another thing actually meeting the actor might take me out of his character, and I like knowing him as John Sheppard. Even though I have heard that JF is a really nice guy and everything, part of me doesnt want to meet him for now lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd say there is usually a bit of fact hidden in the snark in his answers. We'll have to pick and choose what we can use in our S6. Thanks.

And on putting the kinos in our series, I'd vote a big fat NO. I don't watch SGU but have heard enough to know they seem like just another lame plot device that would be a bit too cutsey for us.

Wonderful! How do you find these things? LOL

I don't think we want to have 2 Lt. Col's at the same time. It would be hard to explain why Lorne didn't get his own command. Unless a clever writer came up with a way to give Lorne a part of the command without degrading John.

True but maybe Ronon just never thought about it before.

Now that should have happened at the end of GitM at the very least. It would have been nice foreshadowing if indeed they were planning to continue with her story in their S6.

I like this option. In fact Lorne deserves a medal also. For John, the Air Force Cross would be a great idea.

On the uniform insignia, does anyone have the link to the explanation of John's medals? We are going to need that. And if I recall correctly, I think a few of them are in the wrong place. Plus I heard that he didn't have a ribbon for Antarctica.
                        Spoiler:
                        Which a certain author is using to justify having him only have been in Antarctica for a few months when he clearly says he's been there 11 months.
                        *cough* Carter in s9/10 SG-1 *cough* Perhaps someone could come up with a position that adds to his responsibility, yet still allows him to go off world. Perhaps head of base security...IDK, I'm rambling, I'll have to think about it. Or maybe a clever writer could

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Definitely a good idea.

And some new info about the crossover has come out on JM's blog, as well as a couple of random facts we might find useful for AR:

Keeps us guessing, at any rate.

I can imagine planning for kinos on Atlantis might have been due to the existence of the space gates. That way the expedition wouldn't have had to keep wasting their MALPs; they just send a kino through, then have a jumper retrieve it. And we did discuss introducing a flying MALP for AR... of course, given that apparent timeline for Destiny's creation, Atlantis's kinos could be a lot different from the ones on Destiny. Just a thought.

That's my concern with having them both at the same rank for most of the season.

Unless McKay's line of, 'I guess that answers the question as to whether it was really Elizabeth.' was supposed to be intended as a doubtful note... after all, Mallozzi and Mullie apparently did disagree on whether or not the real Weir was still alive (Mallozzi wanted her alive, Mullie wanted her dead... something else I'm going to have to send Mallozzi some chocolate in gratitude for).

Was there ever a breakdown of his medals on GW? I think there may have been one on The Major forums...

And
                        Spoiler:
                        that author's justification for Sheppard not having the Antarctica Service Medal is totally bogus; according to the criteria for being awarded the medal, one must spend between 15 to 30 days stationed on the Antarctic continent (defined as south of 60 degrees latitude). The 15 day mark is used for flight crews flying missions into and out of the continent; each flight mission within a 24-hour period counts as one day. McMurdo is technically not on the continent itself but on an island in the Ross Sea, but it's at 77 degrees latitude. Slam dunk. Even if Sheppard wasn't there 11 months, he was still there more than 30 days and should have the medal.
                        Although why wouldn't they just send the jumper through? They'd be there anyway (in the gateroom) and the jumper could do more detailed scans. The Ancients would've known where all the gates were (given that they put them there) so it's not like they'd accidentally be sending a jumper through into the side of a mountain.

Also re the blog - okay, if Atlantis is that old, how dumb are the Ancients? Seriously, Earth got hyperdrive technology of it's own (albiet it didn't work properly) in six years, then the Asgard gave them the proper one. Carter and co also designed the X-302's, then the x-303's. And Carter made a new DHD for earth. Plus someone (Hammond just announced it during the first ep) figured out that an iris would protect Earth from any Stargate incursion. We also defeated the replicators (a more advanced version than the PG ones) and the Goaold.

As long as the kino was a MALP and nobody used it to spy on people in the shower, I guess I'd be okay with it. But I don't want us to look like we're stealing ideas from SGU.

I know somebody did a breakdown of the medals but I didn't bookmark it.
                        Was that a joke, or do people on SGU do that?

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Ah. Thanks.

Although--didn't we have the flying camera thing in "Phantoms" which Ronon shot down? The OAV or AOV or AUV or something like that?

The question of whether Elizabeth was alive was never really answered. Remember her clone mentions in TMC during the convo with John "at least I know I'm the only Elizabeth Weir out there". Of course, she wasn't. I think Rodney's line referring to Franibeth as really Elizabeth is true in this regard as well. But when you're dealing with consciousness you could have an Elizabeth say 100 times "I'm the only one" and have them truly think that, but it doesn't have to be the truth.

The way we're writing up the mid-season 2 parter and the rest of the story explains that every version of Elizabeth was going to think herself the 'real one' until told otherwise, because Oberoth wanted it that way. He was trying to discover what gave her the ability to override The Collective and avoid assimilation despite having replicators as a part of her. So he'd want his copies to believe they were the real thing.

For our purposes, the "Primus" they find IS the real Elizabeth, but if you wanted to argue it, you could say it's questionable. We're going to try and prove it beyond doubt by establishing stuff like her body composition's the exact same as in Lifeline, her ability to connect and remember all other versions of herself, etc, make her 99.99% probable as the real one, but this IS Sci-Fi, and she has been out of our line of sight for a while, so there will always be that .01% possibility that she's not the real one, either, just a very, very, very detailed copy. For our purpose's she's not, but for the sake of argument, she could be, because as writers we can't come out and say "we interrupt this story for the important announcement to all the readers that this IS the real Elizabeth!".
                        UAV, babe, UAV. It's a new thing I'm trying, doesn't work does it? Didn't think so

I love reading/seeing epidodes that jump back and forth in time. I usually find them really interesting.
                        Tabula Rasa was quite good, but often they're not. And it wasn't really a clip show, merely an out of order show. If it'd been shown in sequence, it would've been pretty average I think.

Me also. When it's a true episode and not a clip show. See next comment.

That's because this was not a true episode all on its own but a clip show. They thought they were being clever but failed. Now LFP was a good clip show because it made more sense. Inquisition was too static and didn't have any action in the present to keep it moving. And would have been much better if John was the one talking about Elizabeth.

Notice how I got us back on topic there? Wasn't that clever? *smirks*
                        LFP was probably the best clip show I've ever seen. Although House in s1 did a pretty good one explaining his injury (but it was more like Tabula Rasa, not a true 'clip' show, just flashbacks).

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        *bows to SR*

I agree, LFP was a good clip show - actually the best clip show I ever saw. However, episodes with flashbacks are different; you get a piece of story, then a piece of history, then it's all mixed up and then finally it's all resolved. Something like final episode of BSG, where we see, for example, Kara's flashbacks. When you reach a certain point you realize why she couldn't be happy with Lee.
                        Or, you can go down the Lost path (sorry Eri). Those flashbacks just pissed me off after a while because nothing was happening in the present

Oh, I think we all wanna hug John.
                        Speak for yourself. I'd like a Teyla/Liz/gateraid hug sandwich

Hi Kris,
                        I didn't have time to play on the internet much lately, sorry for the late reply. Also to you SR. I'd make it the Medal of Honor because it is the highest honor in the U.S. military as I understand. They give the Purple Heart if one has suffered an injury in the line of combat. Other than that, that would be a fabulous scene and allows for deeper conversation between the two.
                        Well, when you put it like that (and SR), maybe he should get the MoH? It was a controversy with Cam though. Again, good writers will make it work. Thanks heavens you've got them on staff already
                        sigpic

Comment

Re JM's blog and personal revelations

Spoiler:

There's been some discussion lately about you Major. A few of us have been wondering which team are you on?

:lorne: Mostly I lead Pegasus 2, but every now and then they call me up for Pegasus 1.

That's exactly what I thought. It clears everything up perfectly

Re the signature series (these have let me down, muse must be on vacation)

Spoiler:

:caldwell: Send that on to the SGC, Major

:marks: Aye, Colonel Jane

:caldwell: What did you say?

:marks: Nothing, Colonel Caldwell, sir. Right away sir.

:caldwell: That's right Captain.

:marks: What was that sir?

:caldwell: Exactly, Major

:woolsey: So what's the deal with this John Hancock fellow? What what I can see from your diary, he's fairly important to this mission, but I've got no record of him. I asked Colonel Caldwell, but he gave me a funny look and said "figures you'd want to know, Dick" and then he asked if I'd been talking to Major Marks.
                          sigpic

Comment

LOl yeah thats another thing actually meeting the actor might take me out of his character, and I like knowing him as John Sheppard. Even though I have heard that JF is a really nice guy and everything, part of me doesnt want to meet him for now lol.
                            JF is an awesomely sweet and kind guy. If there's anyone you shouldn't be afraid of to meet IRL, it's him... and Torri... and David too... oh and Paul
                            No, honestly, they are all very sweet and kind people and they'll make you want to watch the show even more

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Nope, not a joke I'm afraid. It was only one small scene, but there was actually a shower peekage scene with a kino in SGU... yes... it's that kind of a show.
                            And it's those kinds of scenes (plus all the random sex scenes) that don't make me think of Stargate when I watch SGU.

Sig by me

Comment

Really, I wish you'd come to the con. I'd love to meet you. OT story which I hope will be okay to post. I can try to make it Sparky but I will fail.

Spoiler:
                              One of my tasks in Chicago is to get Joe's autograph for the 5 year old son of a friend. Colonel Sheppard is his hero and he loooveeesss the show. But his mom asked if I could get Joe to write John Sheppard on the pic because the kid won't know who Joe Flanigan is. LOL We'll see if I can accomplish that. I know he will. I just have to get it out without passing out. Maybe Mr. SR can do that one. And the mom likes him for a totally different reason. Heh.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

This time tomorrow, I'll be on the train to Comic-Con! Whee!

*cough* Carter in s9/10 SG-1 *cough* Perhaps someone could come up with a position that adds to his responsibility, yet still allows him to go off world. Perhaps head of base security...IDK, I'm rambling, I'll have to think about it. Or maybe a clever writer could
                                That's certainly doable.

Although why wouldn't they just send the jumper through? They'd be there anyway (in the gateroom) and the jumper could do more detailed scans. The Ancients would've known where all the gates were (given that they put them there) so it's not like they'd accidentally be sending a jumper through into the side of a mountain.
                                And that may well be why TPTW ended up never introducing the kinos on Atlantis as they had planned...

Also re the blog - okay, if Atlantis is that old, how dumb are the Ancients? Seriously, Earth got hyperdrive technology of it's own (albiet it didn't work properly) in six years, then the Asgard gave them the proper one. Carter and co also designed the X-302's, then the x-303's. And Carter made a new DHD for earth. Plus someone (Hammond just announced it during the first ep) figured out that an iris would protect Earth from any Stargate incursion. We also defeated the replicators (a more advanced version than the PG ones) and the Goaold.
                                Well, we are supposed to be the second evolution of this form, so...

Sadly, that's not a joke.

Speak for yourself. I'd like a Teyla/Liz/gateraid hug sandwich
                                Personally, I wouldn't mind a Joe/SK/Torri hug sandwich.

Well, when you put it like that (and SR), maybe he should get the MoH? It was a controversy with Cam though. Again, good writers will make it work. Thanks heavens you've got them on staff already
                                That's why I suggested the Air Force Cross as an alternative.

Re JM's blog and personal revelations

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26937[/ATTACH]

There's been some discussion lately about you Major. A few of us have been wondering which team are you on?

:lorne: Mostly I lead Pegasus 2, but every now and then they call me up for Pegasus 1.

That's exactly what I thought. It clears everything up perfectly

Re the signature series (these have let me down, muse must be on vacation)

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26938[/ATTACH]

:caldwell: Send that on to the SGC, Major

:marks: Aye, Colonel Jane

:caldwell: What did you say?

:marks: Nothing, Colonel Caldwell, sir. Right away sir.

:caldwell: That's right Captain.

:marks: What was that sir?

:caldwell: Exactly, Major

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26939[/ATTACH]

:woolsey: So what's the deal with this John Hancock fellow? What what I can see from your diary, he's fairly important to this mission, but I've got no record of him. I asked Colonel Caldwell, but he gave me a funny look and said "figures you'd want to know, Dick" and then he asked if I'd been talking to Major Marks.
                                Ahahahahahah!!!

Really, I wish you'd come to the con. I'd love to meet you. OT story which I hope will be okay to post. I can try to make it Sparky but I will fail.

Spoiler:
                                One of my tasks in Chicago is to get Joe's autograph for the 5 year old son of a friend. Colonel Sheppard is his hero and he loooveeesss the show. But his mom asked if I could get Joe to write John Sheppard on the pic because the kid won't know who Joe Flanigan is. LOL We'll see if I can accomplish that. I know he will. I just have to get it out without passing out. Maybe Mr. SR can do that one. And the mom likes him for a totally different reason. Heh.
                                Awwww! That's so sweet!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X