Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Thank you! The more I think about this, the more I'm certain this episode won't be very plot - heavy. The plot itself is simplistic, which allows me to emphasize what John feels, fears etc. And non - linear telling is just right for this, because I keep jumping between past and present and that will allow me to keep the readers on their toes.
    I like episodes like this (Thirty Eight Minutes, Tabula Rasa), as well, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one comes out.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I like episodes like this (Thirty Eight Minutes, Tabula Rasa), as well, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one comes out.
      Me too! Lately I've read quite a few fics with non linear telling, and I liked it immensely. It's not easy doing it, but I think I can pull it off here.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Me too but didn't like flashbacks during the episode....the episode...*looks for titles of season 5*....the one with the trial and the cigar scene....just a moment. I will be back with the title.lol

EDIT: Inquisition. The same word in french and I can't remember it. I'm a horrible fan. I didn't like flashbacks here because I don't see the utility.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Me too! Lately I've read quite a few fics with non linear telling, and I liked it immensely. It's not easy doing it, but I think I can pull it off here.
          I like the non-linear concept as well, and I think it's going to make for a great episode.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Me too but didn't like flashbacks during the episode....the episode...*looks for titles of season 5*....the one with the trial and the cigar scene....just a moment. I will be back with the title.lol

EDIT: Inquisition. The same word in french and I can't remember it. I'm a horrible fan. I didn't like flashbacks here because I don't see the utility.
          Inquisition isn't quite the same kind of episode, though; it's a clip show, a story framed around showing flashbacks to other episodes. Episodes like Thirty Eight Minutes, Tabula Rasa, and what Anuna's planning for Gravity are stories in which the flashbacks are an integral part of this story. Like Anuna said, it's non-linear storytelling.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Me also. When it's a true episode and not a clip show. See next comment.

That's because this was not a true episode all on its own but a clip show. They thought they were being clever but failed. Now LFP was a good clip show because it made more sense. Inquisition was too static and didn't have any action in the present to keep it moving. And would have been much better if John was the one talking about Elizabeth.

Notice how I got us back on topic there? Wasn't that clever? *smirks*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*bows to SR*

I agree, LFP was a good clip show - actually the best clip show I ever saw. However, episodes with flashbacks are different; you get a piece of story, then a piece of history, then it's all mixed up and then finally it's all resolved. Something like final episode of BSG, where we see, for example, Kara's flashbacks. When you reach a certain point you realize why she couldn't be happy with Lee.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                That's because this was not a true episode all on its own but a clip show. They thought they were being clever but failed. Now LFP was a good clip show because it made more sense. Inquisition was too static and didn't have any action in the present to keep it moving. And would have been much better if John was the one talking about Elizabeth.
                LFP was the only good clip show they did. And yes, John so should've been the one talking about Elizabeth in Inquisition. Grrr.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Notice how I got us back on topic there? Wasn't that clever? *smirks*
                Heeheehee!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  But it does make sense that the Atlantians used some sort of MALP before going to an unexplored world. The kino is a good device for that. Even though it is an easy plot device
                  Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                  I'm not fond of the kino idea for Atlantis ... I found it ridiculous even for Universe.
                  Maybe Rodney can find a new and different toy ... or even create it
                  How about a more advanced version, smaller or more aerodynamic or with more functions? That would fit with how Ancient tech is shown to have evolved from Destiny era, to Milkey Way before they fled from the plague, to Atlantis.
                  DDC

Comment

LFP was the only good clip show they did. And yes, John so should've been the one talking about Elizabeth in Inquisition. Grrr.

Heeheehee!
                    Yeah I wasn't really a fan of Inquistion; and i think It would've been better if if John was the one talking about Elizabeth also. He always gets this looks in his eyes everytime hes talked about her since Lifeline, that just really makes me wanna hug him. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                      How about a more advanced version, smaller or more aerodynamic or with more functions? That would fit with how Ancient tech is shown to have evolved from Destiny era, to Milkey Way before they fled from the plague, to Atlantis.
                      I think thats a good idea; even though i still do like the ball shape of the sgu kino.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                        That's what I was envisioning, too. Maybe a disc-like shape, or even something that looked like a miniature puddle jumper. Perhaps, when they use one for a space gate, the jumper can pick it up by opening a panel on the outer hull, and the kino fits inside. Hmm...

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        Yeah I wasn't really a fan of Inquistion; and i think It would've been better if if John was the one talking about Elizabeth also. He always gets this looks in his eyes everytime hes talked about her since Lifeline, that just really makes me wanna hug him. lol
                        Oh, I think we all wanna hug John.

Comment

Inquisition isn't quite the same kind of episode, though; it's a clip show, a story framed around showing flashbacks to other episodes. Episodes like Thirty Eight Minutes, Tabula Rasa, and what Anuna's planning for Gravity are stories in which the flashbacks are an integral part of this story. Like Anuna said, it's non-linear storytelling.
                          "Clip show". I should remember it.
                          I can't wait to read this season. The more I hear, the more I want to read it.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

"Clip show". I should remember it.
                            I can't wait to read this season. The more I hear, the more I want to read it.
                            me too.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's what I was envisioning, too. Maybe a disc-like shape, or even something that looked like a miniature puddle jumper. Perhaps, when they use one for a space gate, the jumper can pick it up by opening a panel on the outer hull, and the kino fits inside. Hmm...
                              And with the capability of cloaking itself ... that would be cool!

Comment

It should be noted that the difference between stories like Inquisition and stories like 38 Minutes is that in 38 Minutes the 'flashbacks' are original, meaning that they are scenes you've never seen before. So it's not you getting a scene from another show, it's you following the story backwards and forwards in time, but not knowing what the next 'flashback' will entail. As Anuna mentioned, it's original material told in a backwards pattern, or non-linear.

In Inquisition, it's all scenes we've seen before, clips taken from other episodes, hence 'clip show'.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X