Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Someone posted a video of Torri from Shore Leave. Explaining why she did Stonehenge Apocalypse and why she didn't come back for s5 and how it is to work with David and Joe.
    Yes, there is some Sparky in there
    it's HERE.
    Torri looks so pretty/cute here. I've always loved her personality, imo its to bad it wasn't allowed to shine through more due to the lack of material she was given as Elizabeth.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      Sparky...the best unintended ship!!!!!!!!!

In my avi, I think he is thinking about how to get Elizabeth out of her meeting and into a closet.
      What else could he be thinking about? Hee. Maybe "I wonder if Caldwell saw Elizabeth's bra hanging out of her pocket?"
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        What else could he be thinking about? Hee. Maybe "I wonder if Caldwell saw Elizabeth's bra hanging out of her pocket?"
        LOL!!! Just try writing that up in report Col. C!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          In my avi, I think he is thinking about how to get Elizabeth out of her meeting and into a closet.
          Lol. Definitely.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!!!

Also, huge congratulations to Pocus and her hubby on their anniversary, and to her niece on her wedding day!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            As to the discussion about whether to promote Shep, I'm on the fence. I've always thought the mission was too important to be trusted in the hands of a Lt Col, however competent he may be. But if you promote him, he shouldn't really be leading teams any more. Or at least only when there are multiple teams going, and he is in charge of the operation. But I may be in the minority on that *shrugs*
            Actually, I agree with you. Like Anuna, I think it would make for a great opportunity to explore how John has matured professionally.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Actually, i've barely started, and I like your idea, and my own idea went along similar lines. You helped me!

On Shep and his promotion, I must say I like this idea. I think it's also something to consider, and maybe we could throw in that idea at least - how John feels about doing a desk job, now that he's getting promoted. It's something I could work into "Gravity" well. Also, considering how busy Pegasus galaxy can be, the chances of him going off world are still very high. But I'd love to play with the idea of his personal and professional growth, and also him getting older and tap on his different fears - after all, that's what "Gravity" should be about - not that much plot, more heavy on character development.
            Doooo itttt!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            The role I described above was what I thought they'd have Carter fill when she came to Atlantis, under Weir (either that or commander of the Apollo). I actually think if they were trying to be realistic, they'd have at least a two star general in charge of the military side of things. Heck, even foreign detention centres have a higher ranking CO than Atlantis. But that brings yet another character into the mix.

But yes, he should be getting more desk time if he is promoted. It's logical to assume Lorne would be due for a promotion too, maybe he'll take up some of his off-world duties
            The problem I have with bringing in someone of higher rank (especially as high as a two-star general) is the high level of secrecy surrounding the Stargate program. The more brass they've got, the more attention might be directed their way.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I have mixed emotions on promoting John also. The biggest reason I think would be that both Carter and Mitchell were promoted. So John and also Lorne should be. But it may be too soon for John. Lorne, however, is way overdue. And we won't even talk about Major Davis.

Anyway, this confusing chart goes a long way toward explaining how it works. It all depends on timing and there is a long bureaucratic process each year that depends on how many people are eligible. They put the names in alphabetical order for consideration which also works against John because if there are a lot of candidates and the year runs out they reset and start over. It's confusing I know and of course since this is fiction we can handwave all that as they did with his promotion to Lt. Col. It just doesn't happen that way and never in a million years would Elizabeth have been able to get him promoted.

So the question is do we ignore reality and promote him?
            Oooh, that table is quite helpful!

You're right, Lorne definitely is due for a promotion. As for John, I think we can go ahead and promote him too... but we may want to hold off until after the mid-season two-parter. The issue about how he should not be spending so much time in the field is a good one, but we still need him in the field, since, well, he leads the primary off-world team.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Someone posted a video of Torri from Shore Leave. Explaining why she did Stonehenge Apocalypse and why she didn't come back for s5 and how it is to work with David and Joe.
            Yes, there is some Sparky in there
            it's HERE.
            The line about the carrot is sooo appropriate.

But look at how adorable she is! I want to bring some of that into how we write Weir in Atlantis Rising.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

But look at how adorable she is! I want to bring some of that into how we write Weir in Atlantis Rising.
              Please do!
              Her facial expressions are to die for, I was looking trough KrisRussel's pictures and almost had a heart attack with the cuteness and funny faces. And the smile... *sigh*

And then my video editor stops in the most pretty Elizabeth/John scenes and I melt. Ngh, awesome Sunday is awesome.
              ---
              P.S.: Does anyone knows when my posts stop needing approval? Is kinda confusing getting my comments above others that I've read before mine shows up (it takes about 5 hours to get it approved).

Comment

Yup, she is completely, incredibly adorable. Kris, your photos are perfect - ALL of them, but Torri ones are my favorites. You're my hero!

The recent discussion is allowing me to brainstorm "Gravity". I think the episode will allow me to play up Elizabeth's less professional - more personal side. There should be a moment when she teases John a little about his new desk job - not too shippy, but cute and something to show off her playful, girly side we almost didn't get to see at all. Also, john can be subdued, thoughtful at times, but not dark. he can do some thinking, deciding, even wishing for things - until the trouble for him starts and he will have to address some of his issues in more depth than he'd like.

cuttingonions, do you still want that vid - prompt from me?
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                  Please do!
                  Her facial expressions are to die for, I was looking trough KrisRussel's pictures and almost had a heart attack with the cuteness and funny faces. And the smile... *sigh*

And then my video editor stops in the most pretty Elizabeth/John scenes and I melt. Ngh, awesome Sunday is awesome.
                  ---
                  P.S.: Does anyone knows when my posts stop needing approval? Is kinda confusing getting my comments above others that I've read before mine shows up (it takes about 5 hours to get it approved).
                  Uh oh, i joined three years ago... there was no posts - moderation then. I think Probie or someone else who joined recently might know. Probie? VampyreWraith? *looks around*

Comment

also: Big congratulations to pocus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Uh oh, i joined three years ago... there was no posts - moderation then. I think Probie or someone else who joined recently might know. Probie? VampyreWraith? *looks around*
                      I think around 15-20 posts, i posted a lot that needed approval all at once so i cant be sure. but after around those numbers i stopped needing approval. but it also depends on how long you've been a member. And the mods can clear you for regular posting privileges if they feel like your being a good poster and not a troll or spammer.

Do i need to put spoiler quotes around that answer? lol
                      sigpic

Comment

cuttingonions, do you still want that vid - prompt from me?
                        Yes, yes I do! Prompt away, and I'll tell you if my muse approves ;P
                        Right now I'm finishing one with Crashing Down by Mat Kearney (I posted part of the lyric in my last LJ entry). The damn song was stuck in my head the whole week and it is soooooo Sparky.

My last Reply above was approved really fast, maybe there was no mod was around yesterday night or this morning. Not a problem though, moderators have lives to live, I get that. Lol. I'm just anxious.

Comment

I think around 15-20 posts, i posted a lot that needed approval all at once so i cant be sure. but after around those numbers i stopped needing approval. but it also depends on how long you've been a member. And the mods can clear you for regular posting privileges if they feel like your being a good poster and not a troll or spammer.

Do i need to put spoiler quotes around that answer? lol
                          15-20... Good, I'm almost there! Now if depends of how long I'm a member, that will take a while, I'm a member since... well, about 24h.
                          No need to spoiler quotes, lol. I'm addicted to spoilers and I'm the only really, really new member here I guess.

Comment

Yes, yes I do! Prompt away, and I'll tell you if my muse approves ;P
                            Right now I'm finishing one with Crashing Down by Mat Kearney (I posted part of the lyric in my last LJ entry). The damn song was stuck in my head the whole week and it is soooooo Sparky.

My last Reply above was approved really fast, maybe there was no mod was around yesterday night or this morning. Not a problem though, moderators have lives to live, I get that. Lol. I'm just anxious.
                            Hehe - I'd pay good money (or write good fic) if someone made a vid like this one for SGA/sparky.

Other than that, Let's be friends by Bruce Springsteen has perfect lyrics, and that rhythm? It's sooo them, flirting and doing tons of eye!$ex in front of everyone.

Comment

Hehe - I'd pay good money (or write good fic) if someone made a vid like this one for SGA/sparky.
                              Gah, I used to love this song!
                              Though, after I started working as a video editor - mostly for weddings - clients ruined it for me. Try listening to it everyday - and I mean EVERY DAY - for almost 6 months (all clients love it).

Other than that, Let's be friends by Bruce Springsteen has perfect lyrics, and that rhythm? It's sooo them, flirting and doing tons of eye!$ex in front of everyone.
                              Now, you got me. Bruce is amazing!

There's a lot of talk going 'round you
                              Let them talk, you know you're the only one
                              There's a lot of walls need tearing down
                              Together we could take them down one by one

Ngh. Love it. I'm going to add this to my John/'Lizabeth playlist so I can picture the scenes in my head. Maybe even start it next week

Comment

15-20... Good, I'm almost there! Now if depends of how long I'm a member, that will take a while, I'm a member since... well, about 24h.
                                No need to spoiler quotes, lol. I'm addicted to spoilers and I'm the only really, really new member here I guess.
                                Just in case. OT about posting status

Spoiler:
                                Its a combination of things, so even though uve only been a member for about 24 hrs if your being good you should be on regular posting soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X