Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

What else could the personal revelation be? Unless he's a wraith worshipper. Or a Genii spy. TPTW don't do creative very well (I'm not saying I can though). And I obviously stereotype people, hence my automatic assumption of the nature of this revelation.

Edited to add: There's a reason stereotypes exist though - they may be cliched, but they're somewhat based on truth. As for the stereotype of Lorne being gay based on his painting, his submissiveness, and living in San Fran, yes that is a bit of a cliche. That said, he (and pretty much all of the secondary characters) have to be submissive to the leads. The leads have to be, well, leaders, and by default that makes other characters appear to be submissive towards them. He also can't help his birthplace, and painting is just a hobby (unless he's painting male nudes, it doesn't really mean anything). I assume TPTB's reasoning in making him gay (if that is actually what the revelation is) is based on the fact that they really couldn't have a gay main character. It would contradict the canon they already have, and would be somewhat out of character. The thing I actually have an objection to is that they're making a personal revelation about an SGA character on SGU. But the likelihood is that there won't be an SGA movie, so I guess they see it as tidying up a loose end
    Who talked about a personal revelation? I missed something again....I'm so behind.
    What you said it's logic but because I like you, I won't tell it to my mom.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Who talked about a personal revelation? I missed something again....I'm so behind.
      Just something from Joe Mallozzi's infamous Blog of Doom, as it used to be known. It's really just conjecture at this point. It could also be that he's got a kid, has left the military......anything really. JM is known for making statements that turn out to be, err, less than complete when the final product appears on our screen. And he has a knack for stirring up the fandom.
      sigpic

Comment

JM mentioned Lorne might be having a personal revelation in his blog.
        gateraid IMO, I really don't think theyre going to go into any personal revelations about anyone from SGA on SGU. I think JM was just throwing it out there because he know a lot of people think Lorne is gay. Same goes for the other personal tidbits, its to tease the fans i think and some of it might be explored in the movie, if we get one, but i dont think it has to do with the SGU ep.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          JM mentioned Lorne might be having a personal revelation in his blog.
          gateraid IMO, I really don't think theyre going to go into any personal revelations about anyone from SGA on SGU. I think JM was just throwing it out there because he know a lot of people think Lorne is gay. Same goes for the other personal tidbits, its to tease the fans i think and some of it might be explored in the movie, if we get one, but i dont think it has to do with the SGU ep.
          It kinda ties their hands a bit if they do. They'd be assuming people who watch SGA also watch SGU, and will also watch the SGA movie. While many of them will, a personal revelation that is mentioned in SGU would seem like it came out of nowhere in the movie. I assume Carter is still on the George Hammond, because that's what she said in SGA, but if they gave her another job on SGU, I'd be confused when the movie came out. Same with anything related to any of the other characters
          sigpic

Comment

It kinda ties their hands a bit if they do. They'd be assuming people who watch SGA also watch SGU, and will also watch the SGA movie. While many of them will, a personal revelation that is mentioned in SGU would seem like it came out of nowhere in the movie. I assume Carter is still on the George Hammond, because that's what she said in SGA, but if they gave her another job on SGU, I'd be confused when the movie came out. Same with anything related to any of the other characters
            I think the only info on Atlantis we'll be getting in the sgu ep is its current location, other than that the SGA characters will probably get to to fixng whatever is going on with destiny. If mckay is there, we might get a mckeller reference, but i think thats about it.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the only info on Atlantis we'll be getting in the sgu ep is its current location, other than that the SGA characters will probably get to to fixng whatever is going on with destiny. If mckay is there, we might get a mckeller reference, but i think thats about it.
              If it were me, I'd have McKay and Carter stone aboard the Destiny to fix it (unless they're gonna go with McKay being smarter than Carter, but that's not how they envisioned the characters initially). They should simply mention that Atlantis is still on Earth (or in orbit), but in an undisclosed location. I'd prefer they weren't using it as Stargate Command. For one thing, the SGC is a military facility, Atlantis is not meant to be. Also, in a foothold situation, they nuke the SGC. I'd rather they didn't have to nuke Atlantis.
              sigpic

Comment

If it were me, I'd have McKay and Carter stone aboard the Destiny to fix it (unless they're gonna go with McKay being smarter than Carter, but that's not how they envisioned the characters initially). They should simply mention that Atlantis is still on Earth (or in orbit), but in an undisclosed location. I'd prefer they weren't using it as Stargate Command. For one thing, the SGC is a military facility, Atlantis is not meant to be. Also, in a foothold situation, they nuke the SGC. I'd rather they didn't have to nuke Atlantis.
                Yeah, id rather not have atlantis as an sgc, they couldve done an override on the atlantis gate or deactivated it or whatever so it wouldnt take precedence over the mw one. Carter wouldn't be bad to have on destiny, but she might be busy chasing down and fighting the LA on the Hammond.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL a fruit basket would be fitting. I did thank him on his blog last night though lol. and today i'm shipping kinda Teyla and Kanaan there.
                  Good for you. He needs to know fans like that pair and want Kanaan to stay around.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Counselors? For a little baby 3.6? Bah.
                  LOL. In today's paper a woman said it was sooooo scary she's never going to California now. Yes, we do have a bunch of wimps here.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  That's kind of why I figure that the rest of the survivors of Michael's experiments did eventually leave the mainland on New Lantea and went back to New Athos.
                  I thought that too since they had a settlement there with crops before they got taken. I don't think they were gone so long that they couldn't move back in. Plus it was accessible by gate.

The only time i can ever picture John calling Elizabeth Ma'am is if theyre um role playing. and weir would be saying what you had her say there; minus the general o'neill part
                  He called her ma'am in the pilot consistently. And called her Elizabeth the first time in HZ.

You are killing me with the caps. Keep it up.

Another goal of JM and co. is to get more SGA fans to watch SGU. He thinks teasing us about all these things will get us to watch the crossover to see if any of it happens. From the comments I've read so far on GW that is unlikely to happen.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Folks

I have a lot of people that are really getting tired of the off topicness of JM's blog and that book and other ships.

And we've posted in here several times, asking nicely for folks to get it back to the topic, which is all things Weir and Sheppard.

Final warning.

Keep it on topic, or keep it to yourself.

If you want to discuss joe's blog in depth, head to the blog thread or Pm each other or take it to another forum. If you want to discuss shep/teyla in depth, find another thread.

this thread is meant to be a little haven for shep/weir fans to have fun with their ship and not have to worry about defending it or anything else. It's not meant to be a free for all about any topic you're in the mood for.

Those making off topic posts will get their posts deleted and they will lose their posting privileges for a period of time. Respect those that want to talk about the ship by leaving them alone to do so.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Polomare: don't talk about the other ships or you will have problems with mods or even with crazy girls who attack you on msn or by PMs. Hi my aggressor if you see me. lol
                      I don't remember where I did that. . . But, point taken
                      sigpic

Comment

Video rec!

Spoiler:
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Folks

I have a lot of people that are really getting tired of the off topicness of JM's blog and that book and other ships.

And we've posted in here several times, asking nicely for folks to get it back to the topic, which is all things Weir and Sheppard.

Final warning.

Keep it on topic, or keep it to yourself.

If you want to discuss joe's blog in depth, head to the blog thread or Pm each other or take it to another forum. If you want to discuss shep/teyla in depth, find another thread.

this thread is meant to be a little haven for shep/weir fans to have fun with their ship and not have to worry about defending it or anything else. It's not meant to be a free for all about any topic you're in the mood for.

Those making off topic posts will get their posts deleted and they will lose their posting privileges for a period of time. Respect those that want to talk about the ship by leaving them alone to do so.
                          Gee I thought we were doing a good job of working Sparky into our discussion. Sorry if we offended the lurkers. They were welcome to tell us how wrong we were but I guess they save that to harass people in other places. Now maybe they will leave us alone to talk about Sparky.

And will this new attention to being on topic also apply to other threads? Sorry for the sarcasm. I know you are just doing your job but we are tired of the whiners who hate us.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Gee I thought we were doing a good job of working Sparky into our discussion. Sorry if we offended the lurkers. They were welcome to tell us how wrong we were but I guess they save that to harass people in other places. Now maybe they will leave us alone to talk about Sparky.

And will this new attention to being on topic also apply to other threads? Sorry for the sarcasm. I know you are just doing your job but we are tired of the whiners who hate us.
                            Hey, back to Sparky! I know you know lots of good fluff fics, point me in direction of lovely fluff, please?

I need it very badly.

Comment

Also! I know someone here - listyrose? - was mentioning he/she would like to read a fic where Elizabeth meets John family.

Here's one rec - AU, set during "Outcast" with focus on John, his life and everything we really wanted to see about him. Besides, Elizabeth is there (like she should be). Quickly, go read "For the living" by leave_me_light

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky Family Saturday!

gateraid, you are a bad, bad man. LOL!

Didnt some or a lot of the people Micheal converted get killed in the Kindred pt 2. There were only a handful of Athosians with Halling, and i get it about the extras, but werent there a lot of people in the stasis chambers that were killed? As for Teyla as leader. I always saw Halling as their leader after they left Atlantis. I saw Teyla more of an ambassador for the Athosians than a leader. She wouldve beenn respected in the Return but I never saw her as going back to be their leader.
                                You're absolutely correct, there were a number of Athosians in those tents that it looked like Michael was gassing when he evacuated his operations. Certainly, it looked like there were fewer people still with Halling than we saw in Rising. The question of just how many of the Athosians are left is something we ought to address for the episode First Year. That'll be for Erin87 to take up.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Good night SK! Have a nice, restful sleep. *huggles*

May I remind you guys - we're almost at 99 000 posts! Keep it up and let's reach the big number before the summer is over!
                                I'd certainly like to.

5 pages since my last post (yesterday). This thread is going to fast.
                                Hah! And here you were asking for us to have 10 pages by the time you got back from your Bastille Day holiday! LOL!

LOL. In today's paper a woman said it was sooooo scary she's never going to California now. Yes, we do have a bunch of wimps here.
                                Bwhahahaha!

I thought that too since they had a settlement there with crops before they got taken. I don't think they were gone so long that they couldn't move back in. Plus it was accessible by gate.
                                It seemed to me that Atlantis had set up some sort of Alpha Site-esque field camp on New Athos after the Athosians disappeared (didn't we see that in This Mortal Coil? I'll have to check...). Probably to keep an eye on the place and have someone there in case the Athosians came back on their own. It was probably still okay for the Athosians to move back there once Keller de-hybrided them after The Seed. So yeah, I'm guessing that's where the Athosians are now, and where we'll have them during Atlantis Rising.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X