Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    They could always send someone over with the stones and to keep an eye on them.
    But I don't think they'll rebuild the Atlantis set for just one ep, so maybe they could do something like:

McKay and Zelenka walk away from an active gate, looking up to the control room in the SGC.
    "Gentlemen, welcome back to Earth." Landry says as he walks into the embarkation room and the gate shuts down. "How are things in Atlantis?"
    McKay shrugs. "Same old, same old. Todd sends his best and Woolsey wanted you to know that we're working on a peace agreement with several Wraith. Although we could use some good diplomats for that." For a second McKay zones out, but then looks up again. "Alright, what did you need us so urgently for?"
    "A car will take you to the pentagon where you'll be briefed."

Or something along these lines. No need for Atlantis sets, but we know it's back in Pegasus and we know Woolsey is still in charge.
    I think that's how it'll probably go, as well. No need to spend money rebuilding sets, they can use costumes they have on hand. Cheap and cheerful.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And just to be spreading around more Sparky good mood love songs:
      Spoiler:

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Who knows maybe we are all mis- reading all the not so subtle hints, regarding who gets broken up . For some reason I dont think so, I came in not knowing anything about that author and her work and yet, by reading her comments, came to the same conclusion about her intentions as people who were familiar with her fanfiction work.
        I'm happier about the small glimpse we got of the characters after Atlantis, than about the actual crossover. I don't think we'll be getting any real SGA character development in an SGU episode, but its still kinda nice.

If you read her fics you'd have no doubts in your mind, trust me.

I would like to hope we are misreading but she was pretty clear with some people not on her blog but elsewhere. I don't think the general fans know about her fan identity.
        Exactly. However I don't think it will be long until more and more people find out what's her agenda.

Sorry for the newbie question here, but who are you all talking about?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by polomare View Post
          Sorry for the newbie question here, but who are you all talking about?
          http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/
          sigpic

Comment

^ Thanks for the link. I'm not familiar with the author or the Legacy series. Am I correct in sensing you guys don't like her for some reason? Or am I way off? Either way, tell me what you think. Is the book good?
            sigpic

Comment

^ Thanks for the link. I'm not familiar with the author or the Legacy series. Am I correct in sensing you guys don't like her for some reason? Or am I way off? Either way, tell me what you think. Is the book good?
              I'm going to suggest we take any further discussion to PMs, as some (not on this thread) have had an issue with us discussing certain on-topic subjects.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

She ships the ship that's pretty much opposite of ours and in order to accomplish this shipping in her Legacy series she is twisting, stretching and bending the canon to the point where she announces she'll split up a canon couple. If you're wondering which one, it's the couple with a baby boy.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

OT Book Discussion
                  Spoiler:
                  LOL you are correct I'm assuming that I am not a fan at least. (I can't speak for anyone else here) Her portrayls of some of the SGA characters are um somewhat unique IMO. Teyla and the Athosians are polyamorous nomads; She was only with Kannan because of Torren and is open to the idea of multiple partners. John and Teyla have repressed sexual/emotional feelings for each other. John is completely dysfunctional and can barely function as a human being cuz hes so alone. He needs to resolve his feelings before he can move on in a healthy fashion, and there is only one way he can do that. Sam is an all knowing relationship guru with a wild side, belying her reserved demeanor. Elizabeth is cold and distant and will be used as a plot device possibly in digital form. I'm really not feeling her characterizations so I'm not pleased and probably won't be purchasing these books.

oops I'll just put spoiler tags around it.
                  Last edited by VampyreWraith; 16 July 2010, 01:53 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    LOL you are correct I'm assuming that I am not a fan at least. (I can't speak for anyone else here) Her portrayls of some of the SGA characters are um somewhat unique IMO. Teyla and the Athosians are polyamorous nomads; She was only with Kannan because of Torren and is open to the idea of multiple partners. John and Teyla have repressed sexual/emotional feelings for each other. John is completely dysfunctional and can barely function as a human being cuz hes so alone. He needs to resolve his feelings before he can move on in a healthy fashion, and there is only one way he can do that. Sam is an all knowing relationship guru with a wild side, belying her reserved demeanor. Elizabeth is cold and distant and will be used as a plot device possibly in digital form. I'm really not feeling her characterizations so I'm not pleased and probably won't be purchasing these books.

oops I'll just put spoiler tags around it.
                    LOL. Your spoiler recap made me laugh! Sounds like ill-advised fanfiction. And this is a "paid" author????
                    So, if I understand correctly, that's what led to you guys' happy dance earlier, her work has officially been labeled as non-canon by JM?

edit: Scary Kitty, just got your PM! *eye popper* So she IS a FF writer. Originally, at least. That explains a lot.
                    All I have to say is this board needs a smiley that makes a cat hissing sound! (not to step on your toes Scary Kitty, you would definitely have first dibs on that smiley).
                    I won't be buying her books either!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I'm going to suggest we take any further discussion to PMs, as some (not on this thread) have had an issue with us discussing certain on-topic subjects.
                      Sorry, I just saw this.
                      No more discussion necessary
                      sigpic

Comment

No apology necessary.

Now, back to Sparky!

I bring you some cracktastic fic recs to giggle at:

Brain Damage
                        , by Southern Red.
                        Summary: This is the crackiest of crack fics. John got hit on the noggin. Dreams ensue.

Flowers for Elizabeth, by Southern Red.
                        Summary: The team runs into some angry gardeners.

And even though I just recced it a little while ago, it never hurts to reread:

Barefoot and Handcuffed, by Anuna.
                        Summary: Rodney thinks he's more popular than John and wants to prove it. Hilarity ensues. Crack!fic.

Bring on the Sparky crack!

Comment

Thought I'd let you know that I'm not going to fall off the face of the planet in the coming, starting tomorrow, I'm just on holiday.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Thought I'd let you know that I'm not going to fall off the face of the planet in the coming, starting tomorrow, I'm just on holiday.
                            Have a nice holiday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I think we have to go ahead as planned. We are only a virtual series, after all. If this significantly alters canon (if John is in a relationship with Nancy, if Atlantis is the new SGC, if McKeller are married) then it's a risk we have to take. But we can't wait until episode 16, which probably won't come out until, what--March of 2011? to put our planning on hold. Since our first episodes sends Atlantis back, we're already running into a problem with this new canon.
                              I think you all should continue with what you currently planned. They probably wouldn't make significant changes to canon apart from McKeller being married. To write a throwaway line about a John and Nancy reunion would really seem out of left field other than throwing some crumbs to SGA fans (and it wouldn't satisfy any major shipper groups of the SGA fandom). Guessing who the SGA guest stars maybe it will be McKay and either Keller or Zelenka. Just have a hunch about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show was canceled before the episode aired. It the ratings continue their downhill trajectory, it's all over by 5-6 episodes into the new season. The SGA crossover episode may never be broadcast and only be available on DVD. Although there's always a chance the show will be completely different and the fans will come back. It sounds as if Robert Carlyle is maybe leaving or thinks the show will be cancelled because he talked a lot about his forthcoming projects at Comicon.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Really? Then I would be in big trouble.
                                Heehee. A French person must think we are nuts if they read that article. Yeah, I'm with you about the NYT. Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X