Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Rich is so variable. Like, you could straight up buy a MANSION in Georgia for what a 3 bedroom home in some areas in California costs. My definition of Rich is never having to worry about your future because you know you're covered. If you wanted to sit back and watch TV 12 hours a day for the next 40 years, you could do that because you're fine. No budgeting required. That standard may go up if all you want to do is travel or buy Burberry Bags, but basically it's ease of mind.

'Wealthy' I'd categorize as having enough money to be comfortable but not necessarily enough to where you could do whatever you wanted whenever. The belt is loose but you still have to be careful not to spend it all or you could end up facing tough times if you weren't careful like so many people I know currently defaulting on mortgages cuz they didn't save.
    That pretty much works for my definition too. And sigh. It's not me. LOL Peace of mind is a big part of it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      These are for polomare.

Spoiler:

This is EXACTLY what I needed to cheer myself up! Thanks!

Comment

No, you have to actually get outside in the hot sun. Hee.
        I can play outside with the wii.lol

Funny thing about my mom. She can see Sparky everywhere.
        We were watching an episode of "Two and a half men".It's our new obsession now. She has a crush on Charlie Sheen.lol
        We like Rose/Charlie. We're not obsessed by it but we really like it. I don't know if you know this show but Rose and Charlie have many scenes on a balcony. And reflexion of my mom during those scenes "Oh they're like John and Elizabeth. They share an intimate moment on a balcony and don't want to reveal that they love each other." Mom in action.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Rich is so variable. Like, you could straight up buy a MANSION in Georgia for what a 3 bedroom home in some areas in California costs. My definition of Rich is never having to worry about your future because you know you're covered. If you wanted to sit back and watch TV 12 hours a day for the next 40 years, you could do that because you're fine. No budgeting required. That standard may go up if all you want to do is travel or buy Burberry Bags, but basically it's ease of mind.

'Wealthy' I'd categorize as having enough money to be comfortable but not necessarily enough to where you could do whatever you wanted whenever. The belt is loose but you still have to be careful not to spend it all or you could end up facing tough times if you weren't careful like so many people I know currently defaulting on mortgages cuz they didn't save.
          I pretty much agree with this description. Especially those bags, lol. Sadly I've seen people who carry those around and seem to think everyone else should bow at them - I'd call that snobs. John obviously doesn't come across like that, and before S4 I wouldn't peg him for a "rich kid". Imo he comes across as a modest type of guy, who isn't spoiled and doesn't look for 'special treatment' like people with Burberry bags who think they're most awesome thing ever awesomed. But the backstory works out, especially if we consider he is an outcast and behaves differently than most of his family.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I don't know, I think in Germany people earning 100000€ plus/year would start playing golf *g* That's a lot harder in Germany than it is in the US, I think.

To me everybody whose month ends before the money does is rich. *hehe*
            Although, in my case that would be before the quarter ends, they only pay me four times a year.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
              I don't know, I think in Germany people earning 100000€ plus/year would start playing golf *g* That's a lot harder in Germany than it is in the US, I think.

To me everybody whose month ends before the money does is rich. *hehe*
              Although, in my case that would be before the quarter ends, they only pay me four times a year.
              On a related note, I got a very very small raise. Not much, but better than no raise at all. *twirls*

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                On a related note, I got a very very small raise. Not much, but better than no raise at all. *twirls*
                Yay for you. Small is better than nothing.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                I can play outside with the wii.lol

Funny thing about my mom. She can see Sparky everywhere.
                We were watching an episode of "Two and a half men".It's our new obsession now. She has a crush on Charlie Sheen.lol
                We like Rose/Charlie. We're not obsessed by it but we really like it. I don't know if you know this show but Rose and Charlie have many scenes on a balcony. And reflexion of my mom during those scenes "Oh they're like John and Elizabeth. They share an intimate moment on a balcony and don't want to reveal that they love each other." Mom in action.lol
                We watch that show but it is very vulgar. Though I will admit that we LOL on occasion. And no, just no on Charlie. His personal life just turns me off like whoa. The man is...well...he's no Joe Flanigan. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

We watch that show but it is very vulgar. Though I will admit that we LOL on occasion. And no, just no on Charlie. His personal life just turns me off like whoa. The man is...well...he's no Joe Flanigan. LOL
                  This show is fun. It's vulgar yes but we are not shocked by this and it's strange.lol I have strange tastes for tv show. Dexter (serial killer), Shield (bad cop), House....
                  I know Charlie Sheen is not a good man in real life and he has big trouble with drugs and women (his wike or ex wife has also problem with drugs) but I judge the actor. I like the actor and I found him charming (in spin city). My mom is in love.lol Yes It's strange to do the difference between the actor and character. We are strange. And no it's not Joe Flanigan but I'm doing some infidelity to this man.lol And I'm not talking only with Charlie. I can do a list if you want.lol

I used "strange" four times.lol
                  Last edited by Probie; 15 July 2010, 10:15 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's how I would define it as well. I'm definitely not rich, either. Ah well.

I pretty much agree with this description. Especially those bags, lol. Sadly I've seen people who carry those around and seem to think everyone else should bow at them - I'd call that snobs. John obviously doesn't come across like that, and before S4 I wouldn't peg him for a "rich kid". Imo he comes across as a modest type of guy, who isn't spoiled and doesn't look for 'special treatment' like people with Burberry bags who think they're most awesome thing ever awesomed. But the backstory works out, especially if we consider he is an outcast and behaves differently than most of his family.
                    Much like Joe himself. Well, except for the outcast part of it.

Yay raise!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

These are for polomare.

Spoiler:

Omigosh! Those are awesome! I love the "pesky impossible to kill" Hahaha!

And so fun to read how the sparkies got started I read all the yahoo list group entries and chuckled all the way! Though, I must say I'm partial to the "SWiffer" suggestion, that one made me fall outta my chair xD!
                      But Sparky it is

To join the wealth discussion, I will add that Wealth is more a state of mind, than a number in a bank account. I work in the upper most level of the equestrian industry in the US, and let me tell you, the rich are never rich enough. They are always comparing themselves to some other rich guy and coveting what they don't have. Be it a better show horse, yacht, plane, whatever. There's always something that they can't have, so they are perpetually unsatisfied. At least, I've found it's the very rare "rich" person that is truly satisfied with their life.
                      Wealth is not something an outsider can judge or label. Only the person in question can state whether or not they feel "wealthy".
                      sigpic

Comment

This show is fun. It's vulgar yes but we are not shocked by this and it's strange.lol I have strange tastes for tv show. Dexter (serial killer), Shield (bad cop), House....
                        I know Charlie Sheen is not a good man in real life and he has big trouble with drugs and women (his wike or ex wife has also problem with drugs) but I judge the actor. I like the actor and I found him charming (in spin city). My mom is in love.lol Yes It's strange to do the difference between the actor and character. We are strange. And no it's not Joe Flanigan but I'm doing some infidelity to this man.lol And I'm not talking only with Charlie. I can do a list if you want.lol

I used "strange" four times.lol
                        I'll pass on the list. I can tolerate a lot in my actors and usually don't want to know the personal stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll pass on the list. I can tolerate a lot in my actors and usually don't want to know the personal stuff.
                          I don't want to know their personal life because It's not my life and because I don't want to be disappointed.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't want to know their personal life because It's not my life and because I don't want to be disappointed.
                            I'm similar. Only I don't want to know about personal lives, because that's what I do at work - discuss and analyze other people's marriages, badly behaved kids and such. With famous people I really don't want to know anything, because I spend most of my time having to know all kinds of private stuff about other people.

Comment

God, I'm the worst person to define rich, probably. I don't know - having several mansions, millions, hanging out at really REALLY expensive places like it's nothing special? I can't even fathom that kind of wealth.

Anyway, i guess rich people do play golf here. But Croatian rich isn't quite the same as USA rich. Also, I believe not only rich people play golf... I honestly don't know. I'm not very interested in golf. Eeep.
                              Thats kinda how I see rich, basically haveing the money to do whatever you want and not worry about it. and as for golf, I've never really been interested in it either (tried it in a hs gym class), or any sport for that matter cuz I'm not really not very good at them. i usually either end up inadvertantly hurting myself or other people. When i tried softball i hit myself in the head with the bat, with paddleball i hit the person trying to help me serve in the face with the paddle. The racket has flown out of my hand playing tennis, i can't hit a golf ball at all, i couldnt catch a football if my life depended on it; i can barely chew gum walk at the same time nevermind running and bouncing a basketball at the same time. I'm a spaz lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Thats kinda how I see rich, basically haveing the money to do whatever you want and not worry about it. and as for golf, I've never really been interested in it either (tried it in a hs gym class), or any sport for that matter cuz I'm not really not very good at them. i usually either end up inadvertantly hurting myself or other people. When i tried softball i hit myself in the head with the bat, with paddleball i hit the person trying to help me serve in the face with the paddle. The racket has flown out of my hand playing tennis, i can't hit a golf ball at all, i couldnt catch a football if my life depended on it; i can barely chew gum walk at the same time nevermind running and bouncing a basketball at the same time. I'm a spaz lol.
                                Never do sports with you.....I will remember it.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X