No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched Harmony and now I'm watching the one where John's father has died. It's soooo bad. Totally stale. What did they turn the show into. *cries*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I know I'm not supposed to be here but I negotiated 5 minutes on the computer because I wanted to check my mails and why I won't come here just one min?lol
      I didn't read all the posts. Just see the newbie. Welcome here and I hope you will stay. Don't be scared because of our size. We're just normal.....well "normal" is not the good word to describe us.....lol
      I have so much fun. I don't want to work tomorrow. And I ate too much. I gained 10 pounds but lost 10 pounds in sweat. (yes I know. Always charming lol) It's too hot here.
      Time to leave.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*glomps Probie* Hey, stuffing yourself with too much food is all part of vacation!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        I've watched Harmony and now I'm watching the one where John's father has died. It's soooo bad. Totally stale. What did they turn the show into. *cries*
        *hugs and hands over a box of tissues* Harmony still irritates me. Someone needed to give that little brat a good spanking, queen or not. Outcast? Gah. While I love the measly few insights we get into John's past, it's frustrating that it took four seasons to get it, and then the Earth-built Replicator plot was so boring (and nary a mention of Elizabeth in sight! Fail!)... meh.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *hugs and hands over a box of tissues* Harmony still irritates me. Someone needed to give that little brat a good spanking, queen or not. Outcast? Gah. While I love the measly few insights we get into John's past, it's frustrating that it took four seasons to get it, and then the Earth-built Replicator plot was so boring (and nary a mention of Elizabeth in sight! Fail!)... meh.
          And I don't know, maybe it's because I watch it in German, but the dialogue is totally wooden.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I wish we had some rain here. All we've got is hot and sunny!
            I'd gladly switch weather with you. I'm on vacation, I would love to wander around the city and lay on the grass of central Park, not sit inside all day, watch the rain through the window. This way it's a relaxing vacation, yes, but I want to get out without getting drowned by the rain right away.

Harmony really was bad, although I have to admit, that painting made me chuckle. Yes I know, I'm easily entertained
            The one good thing about 'Outcast' was that we got an beautiful woobie face from John the one time Elizabeth was mentioned. Or when losing friends was mentioned. Don't remember if Elizabeth's name was mentioned or just loss in general.

Sig by me

Comment

I liked Harmony and loved Outcast. Please don't hate me. *trembles* And there was this bit of dialogue in Outcast.

SHEPPARD: Well, maybe you meant something to him too. You never know what people are thinking.

DIXON: Even those you're closest to?

SHEPPARD: Especially those.

(He frowns, lost in thought. Ava looks at him.)

DIXON: Colonel?

(He pulls himself together.)

I know it was meant to show John was thinking about his father but it could also have been Elizabeth. I mean he hadn't been close to his father in years but she had been right there all along. *nods* Yep, makes sense to me.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*glomps Probie* Hey, stuffing yourself with too much food is all part of vacation!

Not a fan of Harmony though I like actress Jodelle Ferland. But I hate gimmicky things like the hero-becomes-the-fool-fool-becomes-the-hero type stuff that happened at the end of that. Typically used when the Hero is overly egoistic and the fool is beaten upon, but here, John totally didn't deserve that. Boo.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                I'd gladly switch weather with you. I'm on vacation, I would love to wander around the city and lay on the grass of central Park, not sit inside all day, watch the rain through the window. This way it's a relaxing vacation, yes, but I want to get out without getting drowned by the rain right away.

Harmony really was bad, although I have to admit, that painting made me chuckle. Yes I know, I'm easily entertained
                The one good thing about 'Outcast' was that we got an beautiful woobie face from John the one time Elizabeth was mentioned. Or when losing friends was mentioned. Don't remember if Elizabeth's name was mentioned or just loss in general.
                No mention of Elizabeth. One of my biggest gripes in Outcast, because I was hoping we'd get a parallel somewhere, but we didn't. However, I did like Nancy and the background with Sheppard--particularly his conversation with his brother. And Ronon showing up and being supportive of John just by being there was a nice addition to Ronon's character.

But the fact that Elizabeth didn't get mentioned in an episode:

1) Where John had to be notified by his commander he'd lost someone
                2) Where John suffered a personal heartbreak
                3) Where John had to deal with a replicator on Earth
                4) Where said replicator was created because Replicator creator had lost someone

Was crap.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I liked Harmony and loved Outcast. Please don't hate me. *trembles* And there was this bit of dialogue in Outcast.

SHEPPARD: Well, maybe you meant something to him too. You never know what people are thinking.

I know it was meant to show John was thinking about his father but it could also have been Elizabeth. I mean he hadn't been close to his father in years but she had been right there all along. *nods* Yep, makes sense to me.
                  We outta have a 'we know who he was REALLY thinking of game'. Maybe slightly angsty, but pictures like this from The Seed

Definitely can be interpreted to have Elizabeth/Sparky moments. We outta see how many we can come up with in the post-Lizzie S4/S5 eppies. I bet lots more than people would think.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    No mention of Elizabeth. One of my biggest gripes in Outcast, because I was hoping we'd get a parallel somewhere, but we didn't. However, I did like Nancy and the background with Sheppard--particularly his conversation with his brother. And Ronon showing up and being supportive of John just by being there was a nice addition to Ronon's character.

4) Where said replicator was created because Replicator creator had lost someone

Was crap.
                    Yup, that is crap. I only watched the ep once and I know we talked about John's woobie face, but I don't remember to what it referred.
                    It was nice to finally get a bit of a background on him, even if we had to wait for nearly four years

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Nah, we don't hate you. And I fully support your interpretation of that scene. It's canon, baby.

Not a fan of Harmony though I like actress Jodelle Ferland. But I hate gimmicky things like the hero-becomes-the-fool-fool-becomes-the-hero type stuff that happened at the end of that. Typically used when the Hero is overly egoistic and the fool is beaten upon, but here, John totally didn't deserve that. Boo.
                      *nods* That's why I didn't like Harmony. What they did to John so, so, so sucked.

Was crap.
                      You and me both! The story for Outcast gave a prime opportunity to have an Elizabeth mention/parallel, but nooooo...

We outta have a 'we know who he was REALLY thinking of game'. Maybe slightly angsty, but pictures like this from The Seed

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...-5x02-2445.jpg

Definitely can be interpreted to have Elizabeth/Sparky moments. We outta see how many we can come up with in the post-Lizzie S4/S5 eppies. I bet lots more than people would think.
                      That's a great idea for a game! And you're right, we'd come up with lots of Elizabeth/Sparky moments... After all, just look at all the ones that the gen fans kept coming up with in the episode discussion threads when those eppies were first being aired!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I thought Harmony was silly, but cute - one of my guilty pleasure eps!
                        Outcast - needed more John back story, but what we got was good. I liked Nancy. The replicator storyline was Joe's idea, if I remember correctly. I love that BTS picture with Joe feeding the horse!
                        (although, up until this point, I would have NEVER thought he was a son of privilege, always figured he'd grown up in foster homes or had to leave home at an early age kind of thing)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          I thought Harmony was silly, but cute - one of my guilty pleasure eps!
                          Outcast - needed more John back story, but what we got was good. I liked Nancy. The replicator storyline was Joe's idea, if I remember correctly. I love that BTS picture with Joe feeding the horse!
                          (although, up until this point, I would have NEVER thought he was a son of privilege, always figured he'd grown up in foster homes or had to leave home at an early age kind of thing)
                          Yeah, I remember hearing that Joe had come up with one of the storylines for Outcast. Though what TPTW ended up doing with it... oh, well. I seem to remember that Joe wasn't all that impressed with what they did with his idea for Season 2's Epiphany, either.

Sheppard's background as a poor little rich boy did come as a bit of a surprise. As I recall, earlier versions of MGM's and SciFi's sites both carried a line in Sheppard's character profile about how he was the son of a colonel who served during the Cold War. Dunno why TPTW decided to change that, but... *shrugs*

Comment

Sheppard's background as a poor little rich boy did come as a bit of a surprise. As I recall, earlier versions of MGM's and SciFi's sites both carried a line in Sheppard's character profile about how he was the son of a colonel who served during the Cold War. Dunno why TPTW decided to change that, but... *shrugs*
                            I think I read somewhere that Joe didn't imagine Shep as being the "rich kid" either until this ep happened.
                            Is there any fic out there where Elizabeth finds out about John's upbringing, or meets Dave and the family? She's probably used to dealing with the monied folk of the world in a diplomatic sense but wonder how that knowledge would impact how she perceived him?
                            sigpic

Comment

Keeping Sunday's golf playing in mind, Sheppard's rich kid background didn't come as a surprise at all.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Keeping Sunday's golf playing in mind, Sheppard's rich kid background didn't come as a surprise at all.
                                Perhaps this is a Southern California thing, but quite a few of the people I knew growing up (definitely lower middle to middle class) and now work with (nurses, respiratory therapists, technicians, clerks and not just the docs) are golfers. I remember my brother going to the local course with his friends all the time - they'd borrow clubs from each other if they didn't own one or two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X