No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methinks that octopus just made a bunch of people very, very rich.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm seriously peeved about the ref. I wish De Bleeckere had been ref.

Spain played well, and The Netherlands got a few chances but too many mistakes happened on both teams. I guess the better team won. Though one more person saying Holland played dirty, I'll point them to every mistake and drop-to-the-ground-for-nothing the Spaniards did.

And Paul was right indeed. Funky little animal!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh! Little bugger could put the gambling industry out of business!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

wow, i missed a lot lol But i have been gone awhile. I hope everyone is well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            wow, i missed a lot lol But i have been gone awhile. I hope everyone is well.
            We're all quite well! How are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              We're all quite well! How are you doing?
              Fine, i havent been in a chatty mood lately and ive been kinda catching up on ncis and ncis la eps ive missed, ive kinda developed an obsession with the Callen character in ncis la, and ive never really liked chris o'donnell much before. oh and earlier on i did almost set myself on fire trying to light my barbecue with a lighter and birthday candles though. Then the lamb i was cooking kinda caught fire, but only the fatty parts,and the inside was still raw but i really couldnt tell cuz it was dark and the light was out in the yard so i shut the barbeque off and brought the meat inside thinking it was cooked but it kinda wasnt , and since i didnt really want a repeat of the earlier incident with the barbecue so i just put it on the stove, it actually came out very yummy lol.
              sigpic

Comment

We just got back from our last con day and: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Stuff happened that I barely believe happened... it was so insanely awesome and cool and just: WAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, to start from the beginning:
                Today started with the panel of Dominic Keating (ENT), but I had to leave half way to get into Katee Sackoff's (BSG) line for an autograph. Which was a shame, because the man was hilarious. After getting my autograph I joined my friends who were in Torri's line.
                Torri was completely awesome as the day before I had asked her if I could put a couple of Atlantis Rising cards on her table and she agreed and today they were still there. She had put them back again, so people could take them *hugs her*
                We talked a bit about her online presence, and she said she'd like to get an official website, but didn't really know how to get started with it. So I saw my chance and said that I'm a webmaster and could do her website. She agreed and asked me for my email so she could contact me *flails* I'm getting to do Torri's WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *flails some more*
                Anyway, after getting my photo-op signed, I went back to the room where the panels were taking place and I watched the end of Catherine Hicks' panel and scored some awesome seats for the BSG panels and after that the Torri panel.
                Torri was funny and hilarious and entertaining as always.

One of the questions was: What were the best qualities of your fellow actors on SGA?
                Her answer: Rachel has a good heart. David has intellect. Joe has his wife. Just kidding. He has a wry sense of humor. Jason... well... all women and some men know what his qualities are. Paul is everyone's best friend. It's sorta like they characters.

Someone asked what her fav bad guy in Stargate was.
                Her answer: Ba'al. He was so deliciously evil. But she also loved the Wraith and she's certain they started the vampire myth. She also loved Evil Weir, but never got tptb to use that idea.

Some things she said:
                - She didn't want to come back for S5 because she didn't like the vagueness around her character and she wanted closure for Elizabeth.
                - They were also frustrated that they didn't get to show any emotion over Caron's dead in the episodes following 'Sunday'.
                - Happiest moment from SG is meeting the fans and still being appreciated after all these years. And she rather does fan-run cons than official ones because they are all about the money and not about the fans.

After her panel I ran to the bar to see the second half of the soccer game. The bar was filled, but there was a tv outside and for a moment I was standing there alone as the others had gone out for a smoke. Just minutes later I was joined by Torri who stood next to me and together we cheered for Spain (as did the others actors that were in the bar) A while later the others returned from their smoke. And you know, it's amazing how many geeks suddenly want to watch soccer when the actors are interested in it.
                After Spain won and we all did a silly little happy dance, Torri had to go to her autograph session and we followed.
                But can you believe that? We watched the frakking WC final with Torri!!!!!
                Anyway, when we got to her, I asked her if she would like to have a drink with us after the con. And she agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *diez*
                So a while later, we met up in the bar and the six of us talked for almost two hours straight about everything, anything and nothing. It was awesome. I also got to tell her about John's woobie face every time Elizabeth's name was mentioned in s4 and s5 and the next time she sees Joe, she's going to hug him for doing that
                A lot was said and a lot was discussed and yes, it was one of the best nights I ever had.
                I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I'm still in a ruse
                Pics and maybe more details will follow later

Sig by me

Comment

wow that is soo cool, you always have the coolest con experiences.
                  sigpic

Comment

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! THANK YOU FOR THE REPORT, KRIS! You're da Con Queen!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! OMG, KRIS! That is totally amazing! Damn, Torri is just so frakkin' COOL!

And once again, I am very much bummed out that I couldn't go this year.

Hmm, if Torri goes to Shore Leave next year, is anyone up for a reunion? 'Cause damnit, I wanna go too! (And it sounds like that'll be my only chance at seeing her at a con, since she doesn't do the official ones... there goes my dreams for a Joe & Torri photo op! )

Comment

What a terrific experience!!! I'm so glad Torri is going to get her own personal website. That is so cool. You will make the coolest website for her I'm sure. She is just so adorable. Glad that you were able to convey to her how much her fans love her and she got to hear about JF's acting accolade to her character and Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Methinks that octopus just made a bunch of people very, very rich.
                          I'd say I want to have calamaris for lunch. Harhar.

And thank you for a con report, it must have been a great day!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                            I'd say I want to have calamaris for lunch. Harhar.
                            *snickers* Surprisingly enough, I had a similar craving this afternoon when the news of the game came in... The fried calamari rings with marinara dipping sauce. Tasty stuff, that.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                            And thank you for a con report, it must have been a great day!
                            It sure sounds like everyone had an exciting day!

But... *yawns* This little kitty is getting sleepy, so it's off to bed for me! Nighty-night, Sparkies, pleasant Sparky dreams, and I'll see you all tomorrow!

Comment

I think SouthernRed mentioned the Last of the Mohicans and the waterfall scene during which the hero Hawkeye (daniel day-lewis) has to leave Cora, the heroine behind and she will be captured by the enemy. He extorts her to "stay alive. No matter what. I will find you." It's such a powerful scene. I always felt that those lines would have worked incredibly well when Elizabeth surrenders herself keeping the replicators at bay allowing Shepard and team to escape and John saying should those words. Here's a link to it. The line starts at about 2:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxnVl2bBPQ

The Last of the Mohicans is set in 1750 in North America where the French and British are fighting each other and the different Indian nations are trying to survive by playing the two groups off each because they don't have the population or the technology to fight these invaders. Another element are ordinary Britons who have to come to America for a chance to own land and have freedom from the tyrannies of the Old World and become caught up in the wars between empires.

Another great scene between the Hawkeye and Cora occurs when they are out in the woods fleeing an enemy and they've camped for the night. They are lying on the ground staring at the stars. In this scene, Hawykeye discovers that Cora is not a delicate, missish sort of woman who disdains the New World. For the first time they really connect. She is an upper class lady whose father is a British general or colonel. Hawkeye is a white boy who was orphaned and was subsequently raised by an Indian family that sadly is dying out. The hero assumes she has no interest in the new world where fighting is particularly savage and civilians are not spared. But she states that on the contrary, this land deeply stirs her blood. I couldn't find a clip of that scene.

Here's link to the movie trailer.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7UH...eature=related

Comment

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend! I'm sorry I missed all the excitement! I had 3 tennis things in 2 days (due to inclement weather the rest of the week) plus family in town.

Torri is SO AWESOME. She just rocks my world. I'm glad she liked our ideas. I almost have my continuity timeline finished so I'll present that ASAP.

Yay Spain!

Congrats, Kris! If you get to be Torri's official webmaster, awesome!
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X