Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    So to go on with the Sparky discussion while we're waiting for further fabulous con news. As you all know, my friend is visiting. She is a Sparky shipper but doesn't go online and I have been filling her in on all the news. Most of it has left her shocked and awed but anyway. Yesterday we were watching some vids and loved the one to "I Will Find You" from The Last of the Mohicans so naturally we had to watch the movie. Well, could a movie be any more Sparkified? We found ourselves yelling "sparky moment" on numerous occasions...the eye sex, the angst, the parting. There was even one scene that mirrored the "I have to and you know it" scene. I think it had a lot to do with the incredible actor chemistry which just made it all the more clear what chemistry Joe and Torri had. It's hard to explain it but you know it when you see it. The only thing missing from this movie was a scene where he had to shoot someone who was holding her captive. I recommend it to everyone who loves Sparky.

And I also got this great quote: "Do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense." Now is that perfect or what?
    Hah! That is a great quote!

Ohhhh, I haven't seen The Last of the Mohicans in years... I'm gonna have to go watch that!

Hey, there's a thought for a Sparky game! Movies that have Sparky parallel moments!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Well, not so lazy for me, I'm working on the thrice-be-damned location list again.

*snickers*

Neither can I. Which is why I'm shocked that it's happened at all.

That's my worry.

Michael as Torren's father would've been wicked. Of course, they already did the 'spawn of evil' storyline with Adria on SG-1, so I can understand why they wouldn't have wanted to do it again. Personally, I would've liked to see Carson as Torren's father. Having that come on the heels of Carson's death in Sunday would've been a poignantly hopeful little coda to Carson's story.

Probably.

That doesn't change the fact that there is a producer-approved story on the table, and that MGM is supposed to defer to that script; they have ordered changes in past books due to conflicts with episodes in various states of production, so there's no valid reason for them to change tactics this late in the game. For that matter, Mallozzi's said more than once that he's open to the possibility of adapting the script into a novel in the event that the movie doesn't get made. So no matter how you look at it, MGM is shooting themselves in the foot by letting these tie-in books go forward.

Eeeeheeheehee! Puffy bangs!
      I would have loved having Carson as the baby daddy also.

And on the books, the two newest releases aren't getting good reviews in several places. Someone on Joe's facebook group said Hunt and Run completely changes Ronon's background. I know these books aren't official but still it's getting ridiculous.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I would have loved having Carson as the baby daddy also.

And on the books, the two newest releases aren't getting good reviews in several places. Someone on Joe's facebook group said Hunt and Run completely changes Ronon's background. I know these books aren't official but still it's getting ridiculous.
        Oooh, I'll have to take a look at those reviews. Hearing about all these gross mistakes cropping up in the books, it's looking more and more to me as though the guy that MGM has in charge of approving these books really doesn't know Atlantis canon at all. How the heck did he get the job if he doesn't even know the material he's supposed to be working with?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oooh, I'll have to take a look at those reviews. Hearing about all these gross mistakes cropping up in the books, it's looking more and more to me as though the guy that MGM has in charge of approving these books really doesn't know Atlantis canon at all. How the heck did he get the job if he doesn't even know the material he's supposed to be working with?
          There aren't any reviews yet on Amazon oddly enough. This is just bits I've picked up on GW or LJ in comments.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm sure I'm not the only one watching football. Holland's team is violent.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Oh my......"Les Misérables".......The worst experience at school. I think we all hate "Les Misérables" here. When I said "all" is for the people who learnt the book at school. 1000 pages. An after that, youhave to watch all the movies about it. There are many other excellent books of Victor Hugo.
              I read it in French in highschool - but forgot what the story was about. My sister brought me up to speed, and the musical was AWESOME. Saw the film today with Liam Neeson as Jean Valjean and it was slightly different in story then the musical - at least as far as the last part of his life went.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There aren't any reviews yet on Amazon oddly enough. This is just bits I've picked up on GW or LJ in comments.
                Hmm, curious...

Heh!

Comment

The Dutch are in the collecting yellow cards business, but the Spanish aren't shy of the yellow cards either.

So far -> 0-0

And we're going into the second half... *crosses fingers for the neighbors*

Comment

They always are.
                    I remember being at a Nick Cave concert and in the middle of it suddenly the really tall Dutch guys in front of us started to pogo. Maybe it's a cultural thing (Needless to say I was totally crushed, but thankfully everybody around us also was of the opinion that this was not such a great idea so they eventually stopped and I escaped unharmed *g*)

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Almost 1.0 for Holland....
                      sigpic

Comment

You know the Spaniards aren't exactly playing nice either - so could we not make the Dutch to be the bad ones here. Thank you.

And FYI - they are not a violent species.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          You know the Spaniards aren't exactly playing nice either - so could we not make the Dutch to be the bad ones here. Thank you.

But you have to admit. When Holland is playing, there is many yellow cards. When they have tension, they try to kick the legs of the players.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'm actually for Holland, because
                            a) I don't like the football style the Spaniards are playing,
                            b) This is the second time we lost against Spain (European Cup final and World Cup semi-final now) and it ruined our summer fairy-tale and
                            c) They are already European Cup winner, so it's only fair that Holland should win.

Well, yes, I do have several friends who are Dutch, I was joking.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I'm for...I don't know.lol
                              I'm for Spain because it will be good to say" hey you know, Portugal lost against the world cup winner" but I'm also for Holland because I want to sleep tonight. There are many spanish here and they will do "fiesta" all the night.
                              sigpic

Comment

But you have to admit. When Holland is playing, there is many yellow cards. When they have tension, they try to kick the legs of the players.
                                The Spaniards too can play that game... and oh look no yellow for a frustrated player.

I wonder how the expedition would watch the world cup now that they can in the bay of SF?

Comment

Working...
                                X