No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torri is so lovely in the vid. Thanks for your con report Kris. This woman is so nice. I hope she will work with Martin Firell. And I love Terri. I want to read her book.

OT
    Oh guys....it's 6pm. I should sleep but I just assist to a "burglary". My neighbor front my house. My dad saw the three robbers. We're waiting the cops. I live in a movie sometimes.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      OMG SO MUCH WIN YOU GUYS! The news on book is most interesting, but OMG Torri's view of Sparky is exactly how we see it! And OMG, I just love that their chamistry just happened. It's the same thing with John/Elizabeth because they just happened too! Things like that just can't be forced; they're both awesome people, based on everything we've learned by now, and I love how that carried over to the svreen and gave us so much to love.
      Sparky is destined. It just is.

And, there should be a fic where John and Elizabeth are having a newspaper!fight.
      Heeheehee!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      I promise to post more soon....and visit more often...but now...I'm taking my drunken backside to bed!
      *hugs to all*
      Hah! Drunken, eh? Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Torri is so lovely in the vid. Thanks for your con report Kris. This woman is so nice. I hope she will work with Martin Firell. And I love Terri. I want to read her book.

OT
      Oh guys....it's 6pm. I should sleep but I just assist to a "burglary". My neighbor front my house. My dad saw the three robbers. We're waiting the cops. I live in a movie sometimes.
      Yikes! I hope everybody's okay and nothing got stolen!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK: It's sure. They took a car but I don't know if they took something on the house. I missed the beginning. I was sleeping when my mum woke me up saying "call the cops, there is a burglary front our house. Your father is 'talking' with the robbers." I just grabbed a phone, put me on the balcony to see where is my daddy. Ready to jump on someone if they start to touch him and talking with the cops at the same time.
        sigpic

Comment

SK: It's sure. They took a car but I don't know if they took something on the house. I missed the beginning. I was sleeping when my mum woke me up saying "call the cops, there is a burglary front our house. Your father is 'talking' with the robbers." I just grabbed a phone, put me on the balcony to see where is my daddy. Ready to jump on someone if they start to touch him and talking with the cops at the same time.
          Eeek! *BIG huggles*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK: The funny thing (if I can find something funny in this) is the fact that we don't like this neighbor but because we're nice, we tride to save his home. Now I'm just tired. It's not a life to be awake at 6am (and not pm) sunday morning.lol
            sigpic

Comment

SK: The funny thing (if I can find something funny in this) is the fact that we don't like this neighbor but because we're nice, we tride to save his home. Now I'm just tired. It's not a life to be awake at 6am (and not pm) sunday morning.lol
              It's not good to be up at 6am on a Sunday morning at all. Though in this case, at least it's for a good reason. Even if your neighbor is a git. *huggles*

And on that note... I'm off to bed! Nighty-night, Sparkies! I'll see you tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                OT:
                Spoiler:
                okay so I'm in a little bit of a tight jam. Yesterday (Friday) I ran into a old lady friend for the first time since march. I told her that the next time she is in town that i would buy her dinner and she said she like that. I started noticing that I might feel something for her when I saw her for the first time last july since she and my best friend broke up. It wasn't until late January that she and i spent an entire Night talking that I finally realized that I like this girl alot more than I should. My friend knows that i like her but i told him we were only friends and That's it but now seeing her again all these feelings just floated back to the surface again.
                what should I do?
                *virtual hug* Those things are never easy, but I think a true friend will always appreciate your honesty about any situation.
                ^ what she said. Depends on how strongly you feel about her, and him. The bro code is apt, but if you really feel strongly about this girl, then you already know what to do.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                The con is great!!!!!!!!!!!! We're having so much fun!!!!!!!!
                Torri and Eddie and Katee are so sweet and awesome!!!!!!!!
                We talked to Torri for a couple of moments at her autograph booth and I told her about season 6 and she absolutely loved it! She also loved the cards and my banner that I got signed and she's convinced we're gonna do a better job writing the show than tptw ever did and she said that Torrealis and I should have done the graphics for the show
                She's totally going to check it out and I'm thinking of giving her a large summary tomorrow of the arc in which Elizabeth is going to be brought back. If that's ok with you guys.

I also told her everything that Joe said about her and the message I relayed from him from Fedcon. And for the people who are going to see Joe next, you have to relay this message:
                "Joe, I miss you too and I got a subscription to the Washington post that was inspired by you."
                Apparently it's supposed to piss him off, so I can't wait for his reaction

After that I got to talk to Terri Osborne again and I asked her about her thoughts on the polyamarous nomads and the books that said writer is writing.
                According to her, MGM would never approve a book that breaks canon and if the person checking the books approved it, he made a big mistake.
                She can understand the reasoning of the writer, but the writer is applying Earth logic to an alien society and she should not do that.
                She also said that if we have proof of the writer breaking canon, we should let MGM know and they will put a stop to it because they will never allow to let an outside writer break canon like that.
                And according to her, MGM would never allow an outside writer to couple two main characters (like Sparky or Sheyla) in an official book.
                So, yay!!!

Then the panel of Torri was up. She was so awesome and funny.
                Someone asked what she would prefer to have happened: Sparky or Sheyla.
                Torri: So you're asking weather John would do me or Rachel?
                Sheyla would work because John and Teyla are both fighters, but Sparky would also work because John and Elizabeth compliment each other on an intelligent level and keep challenging each other.
                Another question was if the chemistry that happened on screen between Elizabeth and John was something that the both of them did on purpose or if it just happened.
                Torri said that they had never talked about it, but that they still had to get to know each other when the show started and that they didn't have a lot in common (he's a republican, I'm a democrat), but they did have a lot of respect for each other and she thinks some of that respect came over on the screen.
                Karthryn asked about the Martin Firrell project and if he had contacted her about it. She said he hadn't, but she would love to be in it and that if we could, we should let him know that.
                She called Sedge a b*tch because a director once told her Sedge stole her light.
                During the panel she was following the soccer match and updated us on the score. After that we went to bar to see the last 15 minutes live, and Torri was there too. Twas funny hearing her cheer for Uruguay
                We also learned that her fav colors are orange and green.

*hugs* Twas fun to hear her cheer though
                Wow. Congrats? Um, don't tell her too much - best appear like fans, not fanatics LOL about the paper, and her views on sparky/sheyla. I'd really like to be a fly on the wall for their political debates - it's rare that people actually argue (intelligently) about that sort of thing here, regardless of their politcal colours (mostly because there isn't a huge diff between left and right here)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Okay, I'm here and unless Eri really objects, it's fine with me. Just give her the overall arc without specifics in case we change stuff and minimal shippy details.

Uh oh big time. I know Joe reads the NY Times which, since he's a Republican and it's the most liberal paper in the universe, I don't understand. But I'm also a Republican and I read the Washington Post because it's my local paper even though it's the second most liberal paper in the universe. So Joe and I may have to talk papers. But if I do that I won't have time to ask him any of the million questions you guys want me to ask him. I may need at least an hour of his time.
                Fly. Wall. Me. Talk to him about whatever you want, it's your time. But if he's okay with it, let's pencil in two hours for you and Joe

See the thing with the books is that I'm not sure how far outside canon they are going. Unless they go back and change something, who's to say MGM doesn't want the Athosians to be polyamorous nomads? Every thing she's adding on background, even though it's unthinkable to us, may be perfectly fine to the average fan and MGM. And she hasn't said anything about actually putting any characters together. Just that she is breaking some up. At least not in public. The fact that one person does all the licensing at MGM is the big problem and we don't know exactly how to get a message to them or even if it would do any good since it would probably be ignored. It's all very confusing and hard to sort facts from rumor.
                ITA with this. Aside from all the rumour and innuendo, I really can't see MGM approving something that completely contradicts the show. Regardless of which way the wind blows at the time.

One thing we do know for sure is that she is writing Teyla as having had another child which directly contradicts her conversation with Lorne in SOW. I think someone found a few other contradictions also. And she is claiming to be following canon while she is making up whatever suits her.
                Again, this may be our interpretation (although it seems unlikely to be just sparky bias). My worry is that if she is makingg this up (let's face it, if Teyla had had a child in the past, we'd know about it), what else is going to happen. And I'm not basing this on her fanfic - I think some of those scenarios are pretty unlikely. I'm meaning in terms of possible storylines - what if Michael is actually the father of Torren (I would've supported this at the time, but it's been written completely differently now)

I always thought that the political difference in Joe and Torri might create a few sparks that carried over on screen. Now we know it's true. Maybe if he had argued politics with Rachel, things would have been better with that ship. LOL I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the Republican/Democrat discussion and I'm sure they were able to argue without any real rancor. But at times she must have wanted to take his newspaper, roll it up and beat him with it. LOL
                What a pity that arguement never made it on screen, given the characers they portray. Although I'm sure SGA could've screwed that up

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                I just checked on Creation's page for the Chicago con, and apparently they are going to be auctioning tickets (at a later date) to private meet and greet parties with each of the guests. Ten lucky attendees per guest meet and greet. Heheheh...

The thing with Teyla having had another child in the past is a big one as there is direct canon evidence against it, but even the Athosians as polyamorous nomads is highly suspect, simply because there is nothing in canon that even hints at it as a valid possibility. On the contrary, as has been pointed out here in the past, the way that the Athosians have been portrayed on the series (the importance of families staying together that we've seen with Halling and Jinto, among other things) would appear to contradict it. And we do know that the producers don't take part in the merchandising side of the business (as was reinforced yet again by Joe Mallozzi on his blog a week or so ago), so they definitely have not given their stamp of approval to that story.

Which itself brings up the other elephant in the room: that there's already a producer-approved story on the table. The script for Stargate: Extinction. Why would MGM deliberately sabotage the movie? A movie would make way more money for them than a bunch of tie-in books that the casual viewers (who make up the most sought-after segment of the audience according to the advertisers) don't even know about. Unless it's due to the fact that the lone guy working in MGM's licensing department has no idea the movie script even exists, and it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Any way you look at it, it's a trainwreck.

LMAO! I've wondered at that, myself. Hmm, maybe we could slide a fun little scene along those lines into Season 6? Just as a little inside joke?
                I can only guess, but my bet would be that the SGA movie is not going ahead. Ever. So any book/novel isn't going to contradict what will never be on screen. And if it does, well, it isn't canon unless it is on screen

OT
                You witnessed a robbery? Cool.

If this bloke is an ass, it doesn't really matter. Nobody deserves to be burgled. At least you did your bit and have a clear conscience
                sigpic

Comment

Torri was for Uruguay....I hope you're not too sad Fionnait. But hey they won so I'm sure you're not.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

You witnessed a robbery? Cool.
                  Cool....hmm...It's not the word that I will choose.lol

If this bloke is an ass, it doesn't really matter. Nobody deserves to be burgled. At least you did your bit and have a clear conscience
                  The son of my neighbor is an ass but the father is not.
                  My dad and I had to describe the robbers, the car....The cop said we were unconscious because we "talk" with the robbers but when you are in the situation, you can't stay calm.lol
                  They just took the car because the four guys were pursued by other men. I live in Bronx.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Twas fun to hear her cheer though
                    I am heartbroken, nonetheless.

We also learned that her fav colors are orange and green.
                    At least she likes my hair-colour. *g*

OT
                    Oh dear. You don't live in a dangerous area, do you? Do I need to visit and protect you?

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post

Oh dear. You don't live in a dangerous area, do you? Do I need to visit and protect you?
                      No I'm not but sometimes those things can happen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Germany won the game for third place 3-2, that's gotta count for something.

And helloooooo, I'm back from London - didn't get to go to the Forbidden Planet to find me some SGA books. Les Misérables didn't finish until 6-ish.... and OMGoddess, it was sooooooooooo awesome. And even though I went to see because my sister wanted to see Nick Jonas play Marius. I have to say that the boy's got talent. He pulled Marius off brilliantly. And the rest of the cast was brilliant too. Enjoyed it very, very, very much.

Now I wish there was a recording somewhere of Claire Rankin playing Cosette.

And loving all the con reporting...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Germany won the game for third place 3-2, that's gotta count for something.

And helloooooo, I'm back from London - didn't get to go to the Forbidden Planet to find me some SGA books. Les Misérables didn't finish until 6-ish.... and OMGoddess, it was sooooooooooo awesome. And even though I went to see because my sister wanted to see Nick Jonas play Marius. I have to say that the boy's got talent. He pulled Marius off brilliantly. And the rest of the cast was brilliant too. Enjoyed it very, very, very much.

Now I wish there was a recording somewhere of Claire Rankin playing Cosette.

And loving all the con reporting...
                          Oh my......"Les Misérables".......The worst experience at school. I think we all hate "Les Misérables" here. When I said "all" is for the people who learnt the book at school. 1000 pages. An after that, youhave to watch all the movies about it. There are many other excellent books of Victor Hugo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Little pic of Torri

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

So to go on with the Sparky discussion while we're waiting for further fabulous con news. As you all know, my friend is visiting. She is a Sparky shipper but doesn't go online and I have been filling her in on all the news. Most of it has left her shocked and awed but anyway. Yesterday we were watching some vids and loved the one to "I Will Find You" from The Last of the Mohicans so naturally we had to watch the movie. Well, could a movie be any more Sparkified? We found ourselves yelling "sparky moment" on numerous occasions...the eye sex, the angst, the parting. There was even one scene that mirrored the "I have to and you know it" scene. I think it had a lot to do with the incredible actor chemistry which just made it all the more clear what chemistry Joe and Torri had. It's hard to explain it but you know it when you see it. The only thing missing from this movie was a scene where he had to shoot someone who was holding her captive. I recommend it to everyone who loves Sparky.

And I also got this great quote: "Do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense." Now is that perfect or what?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Well, not so lazy for me, I'm working on the thrice-be-damned location list again.

Fly. Wall. Me. Talk to him about whatever you want, it's your time. But if he's okay with it, let's pencil in two hours for you and Joe
                                *snickers*

ITA with this. Aside from all the rumour and innuendo, I really can't see MGM approving something that completely contradicts the show. Regardless of which way the wind blows at the time.
                                Neither can I. Which is why I'm shocked that it's happened at all.

Again, this may be our interpretation (although it seems unlikely to be just sparky bias). My worry is that if she is makingg this up (let's face it, if Teyla had had a child in the past, we'd know about it), what else is going to happen. And I'm not basing this on her fanfic - I think some of those scenarios are pretty unlikely. I'm meaning in terms of possible storylines - what if Michael is actually the father of Torren (I would've supported this at the time, but it's been written completely differently now)
                                That's my worry.

Michael as Torren's father would've been wicked. Of course, they already did the 'spawn of evil' storyline with Adria on SG-1, so I can understand why they wouldn't have wanted to do it again. Personally, I would've liked to see Carson as Torren's father. Having that come on the heels of Carson's death in Sunday would've been a poignantly hopeful little coda to Carson's story.

What a pity that arguement never made it on screen, given the characers they portray. Although I'm sure SGA could've screwed that up
                                Probably.

I can only guess, but my bet would be that the SGA movie is not going ahead. Ever. So any book/novel isn't going to contradict what will never be on screen. And if it does, well, it isn't canon unless it is on screen
                                That doesn't change the fact that there is a producer-approved story on the table, and that MGM is supposed to defer to that script; they have ordered changes in past books due to conflicts with episodes in various states of production, so there's no valid reason for them to change tactics this late in the game. For that matter, Mallozzi's said more than once that he's open to the possibility of adapting the script into a novel in the event that the movie doesn't get made. So no matter how you look at it, MGM is shooting themselves in the foot by letting these tie-in books go forward.

Eeeeheeheehee! Puffy bangs!

Comment

Working...
                                X