Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been browsing the thread and the Season 6 Atlantis Rising work sounds fantastic. So far, it sounds very well thought out and I like how you all trying to keep it in sync with canon.

I left a quick post on the other thread. I can understand how incredibly difficult and frustrating it is for the other shipper group. To be promised your ship at the beginning of the series and then have TPTW end their story on such a jarring note of finality with Teyla falling in love with another man, having his baby and marrying him, it's impossible to change or tweak that for one's own preferred pairing even in a scifi world short of thoroughly maligning the main characters. I truly believe it's a much worse than the way they ended Sparky. At least we had John mourning for Elizabeth and the incredibly insightful character study of John in Vegas. I stand by my conviction that Vegas supports Sparky in a big way by revealing the essence of the man who is John Sheppard. It's easy to bring back Elizabeth in a sci-fi universe. The only way to get around Kanaan and the baby is to make all of season 4 and 5 a dream or a vision of a parallel universe and rewrite those seasons.
    Hey, I remember you! Haven't seen you in a while! *hugs*

Yes, Sparky still has lots of hope... we've never been given conclusive proof that Elizabeth is irrecoverably dead, and John is acting for all intents and purposes like a widower in the throes of grief for his wife. Enter Atlantis Rising.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Warning: Evil lemming on the loose!

Everybody knows John is very much in love with Kate, and they're going to elope and have lots of babies.... and ... *looks around*...

Err... I meant to say.... John and Elizabeth are going to elope and have lots of babies together and will live happily ever after.

[insert evil yet fluffy laughter]

*is intercepted by owner*

[insert big innocent grin]
    LMAO! You're such a nut, and we love you!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Can Teyla and Kanaan join them? Not for the conception of babies.....*naughty mind* Yuk

Oh sorry, I wanted to say Teyla and Kate.....again it will be hard for babies...So I keep Kanaan.lol
    Oh, are we talking a polyamorous orgy, now? Whoa, Nellie! LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I'm quoting my favorite writer JG.lol Ok it's was an easy one and a "coup bas".
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

LMAO! You're such a nut, and we love you!
        *takes a bow*

The Dutch won - dang, those last 5 minutes were intense still. And now I need to go feed my muse who is going to turn one of my WIP's upside down and inside out by completely rewriting the verse and bringing a whole lot of dead characters back in this AU-version because she can.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

for Atlantis Rising how are you guys going to bring Heightmeyer back?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            for Atlantis Rising how are you guys going to bring Heightmeyer back?
            Anuna is the person to ask that - she's writing what will be my favorite episode of the season. No, I'm not biased at all...

Comment

Anuna is the person to ask that - she's writing what will be my favorite episode of the season. No, I'm not biased at all...
              of course your not. . cant wait to see how kate comes back.

Comment

Hello and welcome back Flowerbud!!!!!
                Very interesting what you said and it's sure we can understand why they are so sad or disappointed by ttheir ship but I want to say it's an american thing.lol Here we never knew that John and Teyla were supposed to be together.

I hope you will stay and participate.
                Thanks Probie. It's so interesting to hear how Europeans view the show, and I think, it's clear that the French know love and romance better than anyone!

Sadly, my schedule is fairly erratic . So, I'm not a very good forum poster, but I always check into this thread from time to time even if I don't have time to write posts.

Comment

*takes a bow*

The Dutch won - dang, those last 5 minutes were intense still. And now I need to go feed my muse who is going to turn one of my WIP's upside down and inside out by completely rewriting the verse and bringing a whole lot of dead characters back in this AU-version because she can.
                  Muses Gone Wild, Part 2: Adventures in Smutasy!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, I remember you! Haven't seen you in a while! *hugs*

Yes, Sparky still has lots of hope... we've never been given conclusive proof that Elizabeth is irrecoverably dead, and John is acting for all intents and purposes like a widower in the throes of grief for his wife. Enter Atlantis Rising.
                    Hey SK, thanks for the welcome. I check in on the thread from time to time, but usually don't have time to post and follow replies. I am on vacation this week. WooHoo!

I don't know why, but I continue to enjoy this fandom so much and still check for Sparky fics and follow this thread. Atlantis Rising is fabulous. You're following through on the story in a logical, organic way. If I can help with proofing for grammar, spelling etc, happy to help, but I have no talent with writing fiction or artwork on the computer.

Comment

Muses Gone Wild, Part 2: Adventures in Smutasy!
                      Which comes with the following warning - and it ain't even in small print:

Do not underestimate the power of the muse!

Risk serious injury to brain if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                        Spoiler:

J: You know, they all wanted to see me and you f#cking like bunnies the whole series.
                        T: Well I did ... with Kanaan.
                        J: Right.
                        T: And Rodney with Jennifer, Ronon with Amelia, Carson with ...
                        J: Ok, ok, there's no need to underline the fact that I'm left alone.
                        T: There's still Zelenka ...
                        J: Now, that's creepy!
                        T: Aren't you polyamorous?
                        J: I'm WHAT?

Sorry, couldn't resist
                        *dies laughing* *gets resuscitated* *reads it again* *dies laughing again*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        All any of us have is fanfic really. Oh wait....we have 3 years of eye sex and all those wonderful moments of John's grief that JF added for us against orders to stop making those faces. Maybe I should thank him for that in Chicago. *nods*
                        I agree with the others. You really should thank him for that. And of course let us know his reaction

Do you think it's the moment to go on this thread with my new sig "Teyla/Kanaan" and say "No because I'm a happy Teylaan fan"?lol
                        So, did you do it yet?

The Dutch won - dang, those last 5 minutes were intense still.
                        OMG, those last five minutes were sooooooooo intense. My bf and me were sitting on the edge of our seats!! Amazing to watch.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          So, did you do it yet?
                          She did.

OMG, those last five minutes were sooooooooo intense. My bf and me were sitting on the edge of our seats!! Amazing to watch.
                          Those 5 last minutes practically killed me stonedead, and the way Uruguay was frantically trying to score while the Dutch were trying to keep the ball away from their goal - I really thought they were going to make it 3-3. I almost shouted at the referree to whistle already.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                            Hey SK, thanks for the welcome. I check in on the thread from time to time, but usually don't have time to post and follow replies. I am on vacation this week. WooHoo!

I don't know why, but I continue to enjoy this fandom so much and still check for Sparky fics and follow this thread. Atlantis Rising is fabulous. You're following through on the story in a logical, organic way. If I can help with proofing for grammar, spelling etc, happy to help, but I have no talent with writing fiction or artwork on the computer.
                            Hooray for vacation!

We always need more cheerleaders for Atlantis Rising, and we'd be glad to have you on board. The more, the merrier!

Which comes with the following warning - and it ain't even in small print:

Do not underestimate the power of the muse!

Risk serious injury to brain if you do.
                            Bwahahahaha!

Comment

So... I'm rewatching SG1 (saw Rodney's first appearance yesterday... gosh he looked young ) and I'm wondering... how many MALPs did they have? Are they surprised the SG program costs that much? It's like they loose one every time they go offworld and I don't think those things come cheap...

Those 5 last minutes practically killed me stonedead, and the way Uruguay was frantically trying to score while the Dutch were trying to keep the ball away from their goal - I really thought they were going to make it 3-3. I almost shouted at the referree to whistle already.
                              I was actually shouting not to blow that whistle yet
                              It would have been awesome if they had managed to score just once more

Sig by me

Comment

So... I'm rewatching SG1 (saw Rodney's first appearance yesterday... gosh he looked young ) and I'm wondering... how many MALPs did they have? Are they surprised the SG program costs that much? It's like they loose one every time they go offworld and I don't think those things come cheap...
                                Good question... And let's not forget that MALP they lost through the space gate in Rising. How many more might they have lost since then? I recall we had a bit of discussion about introducing a flying MALP in Atlantis Rising especially for space gates.

For that matter, one would think that with the Ancients' database of worlds in the Pegasus Galaxy, they'd have marked the entries in some way to indicate whether a gate was planet-side or an orbital gate. I don't recall if we ever saw anything like that on the show, though one of the novels (Casualties of War) actually did this for a planet that had both types of gate. I suppose we could, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X