X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    Spoiler:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_o5ilIjkMTsc/TD...eGate_2836.jpg
    J: You know, they all wanted to see me and you f#cking like bunnies the whole series.
    T: Well I did ... with Kanaan.
    J: Right.
    T: And Rodney with Jennifer, Ronon with Amelia, Carson with ...
    J: Ok, ok, there's no need to underline the fact that I'm left alone.
    T: There's still Zelenka ...
    J: Now, that's creepy!
    T: Aren't you polyamorous?
    J: I'm WHAT?

Sorry, couldn't resist
    *dies laughing* You may have unseated gateraid and are now the new queen of caps. But what else could be happening?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Do you suppose it was easier to be a fan of SGA if you liked the team more than the expedition?
      I think in the grand scheme things - yes, it was. And it was even easier if you happen to be a fan of Rodney. Although, some of his fans realized what TPTW were doing with him was detrimental to his character in the end.

With the exception of Ford, the team stayed intact. It was the rest of the expedition they picked off. I know there are other factors (like McKeller), but looking back it seems like the "team" fans were much happier. And why wouldn't they be?
      It's hard to be a fan of the expedition - and especially a fan of a background character who appeared all of 5 times. And there's limited fanfic out there too, so it's really searching for a needle in a proverbial haystack.

Like I said - it's easier if you're characters are always front and center - lots of material to work with.

HAHAHAHAHA. I'm waiting for a mod to swoop in. Everyone's playing nice ATM, but they're beating a dead horse.
      They're trying to rescucitate the horse - it's not working so well.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It was just go off world, meet aliens, get in danger, barely get home alive over and over. I found it boring, especially when the team dynamic never changed.
      The expedition as a whole what was set Atlantis most apart from SG1 - but that was sadly not something they kept. And I agree with SR here that the same old, same old just wasn't all that. I loved the expedition as a whole and I wished they had done more ensemble than team - but eventually team won out, until team wasn't enough for TPTW and characters were split and most went solo or were simply forgotten.

I got a very sock puppet vibe from that can of worms, but maybe that's just me remembering the old days. Not gonna go there. Will not be baited.
      They did a purge once - maybe this one slipped through the net. *shrug*

Just imagine how great it would have been to mix the team up every week. Plus that would have left different people to interact on Atlantis while the team was in the field. What could have been...
      That would have been awesome...

Lizzie is not going quietly! LOL I can't get it deleted!
      LOL!!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      I couldn't help myself and replied to the can of worms. So far everyone is staying very polite
      You just wait...

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      Hi Sparkies, let's put aside the can of worms for a minute
      Hey - let the worms have a little fun once in a while.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      "can of worms"? I missed something.
      Yes... worms - let me show you:

Spoiler:

I almost wanted to take the Teyla/Kanaan one but I'm sure I will have some trouble especially if I go on the Teyla thread.....
      Don't worry about the people in the Teyla-thread - most of them will tolerate and respect your likeness towards Teyla/Kanaan. I mean, they haven't kicked me out just yet. And those that don't, well, just ignore them.

Besides I asked about the Fandemonium books and I barely got a reply... so they're not going to fall over the sig either.

Wow....I'm a Teylaan or Keyla....Give me this sig.lol
      Kayla is taken - that's what I call Kate/Teyla.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Will someone tell me, nicely, what can of worms are you talking about?
      Of course, we will... here be the can of worms.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh i found a can of worms. LOL. LOL LOL LOL. They can be disappointed all they want. In the meantime I'll just write fanfic.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh i found a can of worms. LOL. LOL LOL LOL. They can be disappointed all they want. In the meantime I'll just write fanfic.
          It must be really hard to deal with the fact that your ship never even got off the ground. I wouldn't be around today if Elizabeth had fallen in love with and gotten pregnant by another man. Especially if they had come out and stated that when the show began they were going to put her and John together. I feel really sorry for anyone who had their hopes dashed like that.

All any of us have is fanfic really. Oh wait....we have 3 years of eye sex and all those wonderful moments of John's grief that JF added for us against orders to stop making those faces. Maybe I should thank him for that in Chicago. *nods*
          sigpic

Comment

It must be really hard to deal with the fact that your ship never even got off the ground. I wouldn't be around today if Elizabeth had fallen in love with and gotten pregnant by another man. Especially if they had come out and stated that when the show began they were going to put her and John together. I feel really sorry for anyone who had their hopes dashed like that.

All any of us have is fanfic really. Oh wait....we have 3 years of eye sex and all those wonderful moments of John's grief that JF added for us against orders to stop making those faces. Maybe I should thank him for that in Chicago. *nods*
            Yes I think you should!

I think we had more than we could ever hope for, especially considering the attitude of PTB about J/E. But the fact remains that the acotrs, mostly, have created this ship and that both JF and Torri have said supportive things about the ship

Comment

Yes I think you should!

I think we had more than we could ever hope for, especially considering the attitude of PTB about J/E. But the fact remains that the acotrs, mostly, have created this ship and that both JF and Torri have said supportive things about the ship
              Yep, I don't know how many more times and in how many ways he has to say he missed her and how he thought she was badly treated and that he wanted to show John's grief for her before everyone stops declaring that he didn't care. Selective memory seems to be an epidemic around here.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep, I don't know how many more times and in how many ways he has to say he missed her and how he thought she was badly treated and that he wanted to show John's grief for her before everyone stops declaring that he didn't care. Selective memory seems to be an epidemic around here.
                Very true. I find it amusing most of the times. And wouldn't you say that, if you have to bash a ship and a female character so hard in order to 'prove' it's your ship that's actually working out, that you're definitely intimidated.

Comment

Very true. I find it amusing most of the times. And wouldn't you say that, if you have to bash a ship and a female character so hard in order to 'prove' it's your ship that's actually working out, that you're definitely intimidated.
                  Not only intimidated but ...well I can't say that word here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you think it's the moment to go on this thread with my new sig "Teyla/Kanaan" and say "No because I'm a happy Teylaan fan"?lol
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Not only intimidated but ...well I can't say that word here.
                      Isn't there a more polite substitution? LOL.

I don't mind people having different views than mine, regarding ship (although sometimes I disagree and sometimes I disagree very strongly, and that is my right). But what I do oppose to is when people state point blank that my opinion is wrong and their opinion is the only right opinion out there and that I am delusional or anything else along those lines.

Which is why I find fics that portray Elizabeth as old, boring and unattractive pretty ridiculous. Old, boring and unattractive? On old, how come John isn't old? They're about the same age, according to casting materials. Joe F is actually older than Torri. How can then Elizabeth be too old? And just how much younger is Rachel? I don't think she is much younger than Torri, so the old argument is completely worthless IMO.

Boring and unattractive is something I don't get either. In the show we all watched (did we?) neither of main characters ever said or referred to Elizabeth with such unflattering traits. on the contrary, everyone liked her well, except for Kavanaugh, but he was an a$$hole anyway, so he doesn't really count. John, in particular, seemed fond of Elizabeth.

Then, when I run into a fic where the author portrays Elizabeth as some sort of evil monarch, or degrades her so much in John's eyes, only to make her ship work, I call it crap, and I think that same author is probably bothered by the tons of on screen chemistry John and Elizabeth share and just has to address it, in the manner of completely ruining it.

I guess deNial isn't only a river in Egypt.

Comment

Do you think it's the moment to go on this thread with my new sig "Teyla/Kanaan" and say "No because I'm a happy Teylaan fan"?lol
                        I think it doesn't hurt repeating that canon is canon. LOL.

Comment

I think it doesn't hurt repeating that canon is canon. LOL.
                          Don't tempt me......
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't tempt me......
                            *tempts*

Comment

I think I like ships when they're subtle and when chemistry is apparent between characters - whether that's because the actors play around with it, or because something of their real life friendships leaks into their characters, I don't know.

For example I'm a total Daniel/Janet-lover. I adored that ship beyond anything else. Michael and Teryl played around with it, adding little hints here and there as they became aware of fan's responses to Daniel and Janet's friendship (and more to the point possibility of more).

I don't go into a show for shipping - that just sorta happens to me as it goes. That's not what I watch for.
                              Hell, I'm the person tolerating Kahlan and Richard on Legend of the Seeker, because apparently it's canon. Damn you, Goodkind! *shakes fist* Seriously, Cara and Kahlan have oodles more chemistry than Richard and Kahlan. <- IMHO of course

I don't like being spoonfed a pairing either - unless it's done really well and PTB of the show know what they are doing, and know where they are going with it.

I don't know why I'm on the Sparky-side - but I like it here, that's for sure. In all my forum-days (and fandom days too) I have rarely met a bunch as tolerant (most of the time anyway - there have been moments, not everyone is perfect) as the Sparky-gang.

I like Elizabeth Weir, and I like John Sheppard. I like their friendship and what could have been (and will be once we're doing our season 6, and 7 too hopefully).

I like Teyla too of course - *points at self* Teyla-fan here - but I just see nothing of the sort of chemistry that Elizabeth and John have. Actually I do see that same sort of chemistry but I see it between Teyla and Kate. And they do in 5 episodes what John and Elizabeth get to do in three or four seasons (depends how you look at it). I call that flash-dating...

But anyway, that's just me... ... the silly little lemming who loves to kick back on Heightmeyer's shoulder.
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 July 2010, 10:47 AM.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*tempts*
                                Do you realize that It will be the beginning of the third World War.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X