Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    What, other than discuss in precise detail why Weir is totally awesome and getting rid of her was one of TPTW's stupidest ideas?

As for who, Terri Osborne wrote the 'memoirs of Elizabeth Weir' novel, Portals of Discovery, which Fandemonium is supposed to be publishing... except they still haven't announced a release date even though they're fast-tracking The Books We Do Not Speak Of. Gits. Don't know who the other people on the list are, though...
    Ok, I think I'm going to this panel... and take notes

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Ok, I think I'm going to this panel... and take notes
      Lots and lots of notes, we hope.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        I think we can definitely say our promotion is better than the other virtual seasons
        Definitely!

And you may want to keep that blue-green template handy for more sig banners for other characters later in the season...
        Hey!! Get out of my head!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Definitely!

Hey!! Get out of my head!
          What can I say? Great minds think alike.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Looks like someone opened up a can of worms... I hope they know what they're doing. See SGA general discussion - can't miss it!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True. What I object to is that by springing it in the very first episode, they just rushed it in to get it out of the way as quickly as possible and didn't take the time to properly set up the underlying plot development. I don't consider that good writing. The rest of their ideas do look pretty interesting, though.
              Actually, something else sparked this particular rant.

It's just wrong that Kate and the other secondary characters are forgotten so often. To me, Atlantis has always been about more than just the big bad offworld team, it's about the city, the expedition, the family that they've formed together. And that includes Kate. *huggles Kate and FH*
              Big fat AMEN to this. Do you suppose it was easier to be a fan of SGA if you liked the team more than the expedition? With the exception of Ford, the team stayed intact. It was the rest of the expedition they picked off. I know there are other factors (like McKeller), but looking back it seems like the "team" fans were much happier. And why wouldn't they be?

Looks like someone opened up a can of worms... I hope they know what they're doing. See SGA general discussion - can't miss it!
              HAHAHAHAHA. I'm waiting for a mod to swoop in. Everyone's playing nice ATM, but they're beating a dead horse.

Oh, and take a look at my sig because I'm about to retire Save Lizzie. But that's okay because WE ARE saving her.
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Big fat AMEN to this. Do you suppose it was easier to be a fan of SGA if you liked the team more than the expedition? With the exception of Ford, the team stayed intact. It was the rest of the expedition they picked off. I know there are other factors (like McKeller), but looking back it seems like the "team" fans were much happier. And why wouldn't they be?

HAHAHAHAHA. I'm waiting for a mod to swoop in. Everyone's playing nice ATM, but they're beating a dead horse.

Oh, and take a look at my sig because I'm about to retire Save Lizzie. But that's okay because WE ARE saving her.
                I agree with that idea about the team. What's to complain about? After S1 the team was the whole story. They didn't even bother having the team explore the city. It was just go off world, meet aliens, get in danger, barely get home alive over and over. I found it boring, especially when the team dynamic never changed.

I got a very sock puppet vibe from that can of worms, but maybe that's just me remembering the old days. Not gonna go there. Will not be baited.

Oh and I added Erin's last sig to the list. So if anyone wants them we have an easy reference.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*snickers at the fur flying* You're braver than me.

Ah, gotcha.

I think that explanation makes a lot of sense. It's a shame, though, as it's yet another example of the SG-1-ification of SGA in its later years. Atlantis could and should have been much more than that. It certainly seemed to me in the first season that while there was a core cast of main characters, there was much more of an ensemble feel to the show. They should've stuck with that.

*passes around a bowl of popcorn*

Awwww... *clings to Save Lizzie sig*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I got a very sock puppet vibe from that can of worms, but maybe that's just me remembering the old days. Not gonna go there. Will not be baited.
                    *snerks and whistles innocently*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I agree with that idea about the team. What's to complain about? After S1 the team was the whole story. They didn't even bother having the team explore the city. It was just go off world, meet aliens, get in danger, barely get home alive over and over. I found it boring, especially when the team dynamic never changed.
                      I think that explanation makes a lot of sense. It's a shame, though, as it's yet another example of the SG-1-ification of SGA in its later years. Atlantis could and should have been much more than that. It certainly seemed to me in the first season that while there was a core cast of main characters, there was much more of an ensemble feel to the show. They should've stuck with that.
                      Just imagine how great it would have been to mix the team up every week. Plus that would have left different people to interact on Atlantis while the team was in the field. What could have been...

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      It's the ghost of .... *bites tongue*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                      Awwww... *clings to Save Lizzie sig*
                      Lizzie is not going quietly! LOL I can't get it deleted!

Plus when I try to upload my new sig from Photo Bucket it says it's too big.

I'm going to eat some ice cream.
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Just imagine how great it would have been to mix the team up every week. Plus that would have left different people to interact on Atlantis while the team was in the field. What could have been...
                        More opportunities to see Elizabeth in the field, as she should have been... Why, TPTW, why?!

It's the ghost of .... *bites tongue*
                        Heehee!

Lizzie is not going quietly! LOL I can't get it deleted!

Plus when I try to upload my new sig from Photo Bucket it says it's too big.

I'm going to eat some ice cream.
                        *cracks up* She won't let go until we've posted the story where we save her!

Comment

*cracks up* She won't let go until we've posted the story where we save her!
                          That must be it! Can't be that I'm computer challenged sometimes.

Actually I think it's GW. When I typed this it brought up everything I've quoted all evening.

I think I'll start fresh tomorrow....
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

That must be it! Can't be that I'm computer challenged sometimes.
                            Lizzie's ghost is in the machine, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Actually I think it's GW. When I typed this it brought up everything I've quoted all evening.

I think I'll start fresh tomorrow....
                            Hmm, GW's been doing the same thing to me ever since they updated the forum software a couple of months ago. I have to log out, close the browser, then reopen the browser and log back in again to clear it. Or sometimes if I post something on another thread and I go to the advanced reply, it'll give me a message below the text box giving me the option to deselect quotes from posts in other threads. Frakkin' weird.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies!!

Two more days!!! *bounces around*

What else is happening?

Sig by me

Comment

I couldn't help myself and replied to the can of worms. So far everyone is staying very polite

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X