Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
    es I know, it's been a year. *looks warily at others* So I've missed out on all the news, but just seen that Stargate Extinction has the green light?
    Welcome here!
    And no, as far as I know there is no green light for Stargate Extinction. MGM has no money and all sets, props, costume were auctioned so there's nothing left for a new movie, they would need to rebuild Atlantis sets from zero. I don't think they will ever do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but I saw the less gory version they ran on CBS during the strike season. You want to know my problem with it now?
      Spoiler:
      The fact that Dexter and his sister on the show got married in real life! LOL I know, I'm weird, but that's what I think about when they're on screen together.
      That's the version we watched and luckily it hasn't come back on and Mr. SR hasn't said anything about getting the DVD's. LOL I don't think it's so much the gore but the whole idea that squicks me out. And ewwwww on the RL thing.

Just after midnight now and I think my neighbors finally ran out of their illegal but entertaining fireworks.
      Mine finally quieted down about 11pm but this is the 'burbs. It's so dry here I was a bit afraid they would set something on fire and yes some of those big high ones are definitely illegal.

But hey, if it's well-written we should love it despite the destruction of canon. Sorry, that's a rant more suitable for my LJ.
      I agree with that. Different groups who write these are going to have different hot buttons. I wouldn't object to breaking up Teyla/Kanaan if it wasn't for the baby and that they made such a big buildup to how much she cares about him in S4 and how much a part of his life she was in S5. That may be my ship preference but that's okay too. We just chose to stay with canon no matter how uncomfortable. Besides who knows what the movie would have done.

Speaking of when the time comes, here's another idea to bat around. Maybe it's been discussed; if so, apologies. I was wondering if we could do episode previews in 30 second vid format. We could plop the previews at the end of each story.
      Great idea and I think we've discussed something similar. More when the time comes.

es I know, it's been a year. *looks warily at others* So I've missed out on all the news, but just seen that Stargate Extinction has the green light? Details, details, details! I actually didn't think they were going to come through...and of course will never get any Elizabeth (Yes I know it's been ages, but that will always be a sore spot in my Stargate world)
      If this is true, it's just been greenlit. I mean like yesterday because the general belief is that the movie is not going to happen. JM even said he thinks they would do an SGU movie and then SG-1 before SGA.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello all!

Dropping by a (small) set of new sigs.

Spoiler:

Also, if anybody still likes one of the older sigs, they have been updated with the new name and can be found here.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And we've got no more weekday reruns of SGA on SyFy until July 20. Sucktastic!

As to the end of our Independence Day festivities, the bootleg fireworks finally died down around 11pm out here. But we had some pretty good ones!

But hey, if it's well-written we should love it despite the destruction of canon. Sorry, that's a rant more suitable for my LJ.
          True. What I object to is that by springing it in the very first episode, they just rushed it in to get it out of the way as quickly as possible and didn't take the time to properly set up the underlying plot development. I don't consider that good writing. The rest of their ideas do look pretty interesting, though.

es I know, it's been a year. *looks warily at others* So I've missed out on all the news, but just seen that Stargate Extinction has the green light? Details, details, details! I actually didn't think they were going to come through...and of course will never get any Elizabeth (Yes I know it's been ages, but that will always be a sore spot in my Stargate world)
          Nope, it's not been greenlighted. There's a fan campaign to keep the pressure on MGM and all, and Mallozzi keeps saying that they want to get it made, but that's it.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I agree with that. Different groups who write these are going to have different hot buttons. I wouldn't object to breaking up Teyla/Kanaan if it wasn't for the baby and that they made such a big buildup to how much she cares about him in S4 and how much a part of his life she was in S5. That may be my ship preference but that's okay too. We just chose to stay with canon no matter how uncomfortable. Besides who knows what the movie would have done.
          Yes, with all that buildup, any story that would break them up would have to be very careful to take their past history into account and not degenerate into sloppy cliches (death, cultural quirks that 'let them off the hook,' etc.)

If this is true, it's just been greenlit. I mean like yesterday because the general belief is that the movie is not going to happen. JM even said he thinks they would do an SGU movie and then SG-1 before SGA.
          Now he's talking about doing an SGU movie even before an SGA movie?!? *headdesk*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Hello all!

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ewsigcity2.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignewjohn2.jpg

Also, if anybody still likes one of the older sigs, they have been updated with the new name and can be found here.
            Erin, those are fabulous! I love the green; will you be expanding this set with sigs with the rest of the characters?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello all!

Gorgeous and added to our collection. Would it be too much to ask you to add "by the fans for the fans" to the John one? Thanks.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And we've got no more weekday reruns of SGA on SyFy until July 20. Sucktastic!

As to the end of our Independence Day festivities, the bootleg fireworks finally died down around 11pm out here. But we had some pretty good ones!

True. What I object to is that by springing it in the very first episode, they just rushed it in to get it out of the way as quickly as possible and didn't take the time to properly set up the underlying plot development. I don't consider that good writing. The rest of their ideas do look pretty interesting, though.

Nope, it's not been greenlighted. There's a fan campaign to keep the pressure on MGM and all, and Mallozzi keeps saying that they want to get it made, but that's it.

Yes, with all that buildup, any story that would break them up would have to be very careful to take their past history into account and not degenerate into sloppy cliches (death, cultural quirks that 'let them off the hook,' etc.)

Now he's talking about doing an SGU movie even before an SGA movie?!? *headdesk*
              You mean cultural quirks like being polyamorous, having casual affairs and families that are constantly changing because of rotating parents? Like that? Or mysterious past lives that are clearly violations of canon? Don't you love it when fanfic is more respectful of canon than "official" publications? LOL

And yep, JM is talking about an SGU movie and is pretty sure the SG-1 movie will be made. Strangely mute on SGA though. I've also been enjoying the speculation on who will guest star on SGU from Atlantis. ROTFLMAO! Mr. SR wants to ask Joe when he's going to be on. I may let him.
              sigpic

Comment

I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but I saw the less gory version they ran on CBS during the strike season. You want to know my problem with it now?
                Spoiler:
                The fact that Dexter and his sister on the show got married in real life! LOL I know, I'm weird, but that's what I think about when they're on screen together.

He said the magic word *jumps everywhere* He watched Dexter *jumps on gateraid*Hmm...sorry.
                I don't how to react when someone put the word "Dexter" and "enjoy" in the same sentence. I found this weird too but now I'm focus on Michael C Hall and his muscles...heu...talent.

Welcome back!

Erin87: Can I take this sig. It's so beautiful and I want to do propaganda in the other threads.lol
                I know it's not good to do propaganda but Sparky propaganda is an exception.lol
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

You mean cultural quirks like being polyamorous, having casual affairs and families that are constantly changing because of rotating parents? Like that? Or mysterious past lives that are clearly violations of canon? Don't you love it when fanfic is more respectful of canon than "official" publications? LOL
                  *snickers* Yup, that's exactly what I mean.

And yep, JM is talking about an SGU movie and is pretty sure the SG-1 movie will be made. Strangely mute on SGA though. I've also been enjoying the speculation on who will guest star on SGU from Atlantis. ROTFLMAO! Mr. SR wants to ask Joe when he's going to be on. I may let him.
                  Hah! Though personally, I think McKay is more likely than Sheppard...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Erin87: Can I take this sig. It's so beautiful and I want to do propaganda in the other threads.lol
                  Never fear, Sparky propaganda is totally allowed!

Comment

I'll be sticking to Atlantis Rising, because that's the only season out there that will have the one thing I like the most, out of everything Atlantis - Kate

Most people either don't like her, can't remember her, don't know how to write HEIGHTMEYER, or just ignore the background characters altogether.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*snickers* Yup, that's exactly what I mean.

Hah! Though personally, I think McKay is more likely than Sheppard...

Never fear, Sparky propaganda is totally allowed!
                      Oh, we think McKay is more likely too but wouldn't it be fun to see Joe's reaction?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I'll be sticking to Atlantis Rising, because that's the only season out there that will have the one thing I like the most, out of everything Atlantis - Kate http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18.../Other/wub.gif

Most people either don't like her, can't remember her, don't know how to write HEIGHTMEYER, or just ignore the background characters altogether.
                      I guess technically we have violated our own rules about canon but bringing Kate back is worth it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess technically we have violated our own rules about canon but bringing Kate back is worth it.
                        Ah, but Stargate brings dead characters back all the time - no one ever dies in scifi (except when the characters and/or actors are not in the top drawer of TPTB, or when they are expendable red shirts).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll be sticking to Atlantis Rising, because that's the only season out there that will have the one thing I like the most, out of everything Atlantis - Kate

It's just wrong that Kate and the other secondary characters are forgotten so often. To me, Atlantis has always been about more than just the big bad offworld team, it's about the city, the expedition, the family that they've formed together. And that includes Kate. *huggles Kate and FH*

Comment

Erin, those are fabulous! I love the green; will you be expanding this set with sigs with the rest of the characters?
                            Thank you. That is indeed my intention.

Gorgeous and added to our collection. Would it be too much to ask you to add "by the fans for the fans" to the John one? Thanks.
                            Done.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Thank you, and by all means go ahead. Like SK said, Sparky propaganda is always good.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Ah, but Stargate brings dead characters back all the time - no one ever dies in scifi (except when the characters and/or actors are not in the top drawer of TPTB, or when they are expendable red shirts).
                              And besides which, we came up with a clever idea for how to bring her back.

Comment

Thank you. That is indeed my intention.

Done.

Spoiler:

Thank you, and by all means go ahead. Like SK said, Sparky propaganda is always good.
                                Yay! Snurched and thank you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X