• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Kind of OT, but check out a new vid with Joe Flanigan that Prion found:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post11640228
    Lemonade anyone?
    Cute. I need to get me some of that. If I triple my athletic time of the day, I'll be up to a whole hour. Woot!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    What on earth is bonking? Obviously not what it means here, else Jo Graham would have some new material for her book

Edited to add:

Never mind. According to my good friend Google, it's the equivalent of hitting the wall
    Thanks for looking that up. I was just about to. And LOL on the JG reference. Maybe the Athosians can be polyamorous bonking nomads. Now I hear that Kanaan will be over 40 in the books and had another family. Patrick Sabongui is 35. I'm sure he won't be happy to hear he's aged. Funny how some people are envisioned as being the same age as their character, while others are quite different or younger.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Alright, opinions from the thread!

Since Primum Movens is our big two-parter, I've been trying to make it as solid a story as possible. Having now watched Season 5, I think some of what we brainstormed (located on our journal, look for the link in my sig) is a little too much for the story, so I'm simplifying it.

Since this is a big episode, I want the thread's approval on the major details. So here goes:

Spoiler:

The plotline will involve the Wraith (or rather, what the team thinks are the Wraith.). The Vanir, or Renegade Asgard, will have no involvement. When the story starts out, the Wraith have 'kidnapped' Franibeth and are trying to use her to find out where the Replicator "Primus" is, a weapon that is supposedly super powerful and capable of destroying all Wraith.

- The team will still think the replicators were unbonded in the Pegasus Coalition Episode.

- The story starts out with them getting contacted by Franibeth, who is prisoner on board a Wraith Hive ship. She informs Atlantis that the Wraith are trying to use her to find something called "The Primus" but that they are having difficulty accessing that information within her nanites because she isn't a true Asuran replicator but a 'copy' manipulated by Rodney. She has managed to escape her captors within the Hive Ship--long enough to send Atlantis a message and warn them-- but is likely to be recaptured soon.

- After a lengthy debate, Atlantis decides to send out a small party for rescue. Rodney and Teyla want to save Elizabeth because she's still alive and Elizabeth; John reluctantly agrees, though not wholly trusting Franibeth, but because the "Primus" might also help in the war with the Wraith. Plus, he's feeling a little reckless after what happened with Mayel.

- They land on the Hive and capture Franibeth, but they note that the rescue was relatively easy. They question her about how the Wraith found her and she mentions that they have not one, but two replicators captive--the second being the Replicator that McKay was toying with, and who escaped, in Reunion.

- McKay hacks into Franibeth's code and finds the location of the Primus. They journey to this location, discovering it looks 'Ancient' and find a stasis pod with a 'true' version of Elizabeth, who IS the Primus. As they're unearthing it the Wraith hive ship appears and starts firing on the Atlantis team; they have no choice but to wake Elizabeth from stasis, stun her, and take her back to Atlantis. They don't know how the Wraith found them, but we'll see it implied that Franibeth had something to do with it, unbeknownst to our team.

- On Atlantis, both the 'real' Elizabeth and Franibeth are confined. The group tries to figure out how this version of Elizabeth is the "Primus" and what that means. In the meanwhile, Elizabeth, whose memory only goes through her capture by Oberoth in Lifeline, is trying to cope with the Atlantis team distrusting her and the fact that two years have passed.

- In the meanwhile, the Hive Ship Franibeth was prisoner on appears over Atlantis and makes a seemingly foolish attempt to attack Atlantis. In the Melee, Franibeth escapes her prison and enters Elizabeth's cell, connecting to her through a mind probe. In Elizabeth's mind, we discover she is truly the original Elizabeth and that Franibeth--who has long been 'overriden' by Altus, the replicator from Reunion--needs the nanites within Elizabeth because they're the only ones remaining that have the original replicator 'base code' required to both reform the Collective and to attack the Wraith. (As both she and the replicator from Reunion were tampered with by Rodney). Franibeth was kept alive by Altus because he knew he could use her to manipulate the Atlanteans. She uses the mind probe to steal the base code, but Elizabeth demonstrates enough strength to prevent Franibeth from destroying her completely, though she does go into convulsions because of the strain on the nanites keeping her alive.

At the end of part I, Franibeth, with the stolen base code now downloaded into her system, steals a jumper (a hint that replicators can control Ancient technology) and makes her way to the Hive ship, which actually wasn't being controlled by the Wraith, but by Altus, who assimilated the Wraith crew and faked the entire scenario to make the Atlanteans think the Wraith were involved. With their original base code now downloaded, Franibeth and Altus head off to use their newly collected code to rebuild Asuras and reform the replicators.

In Part II, Atlantis is still reeling from Franibeth's betrayal and everyone, John in particular, is uncertain of exactly what role the 'real' Elizabeth played in all of this. They want to trust her, but no one truly knows if they can. This frustrates Elizabeth because she knows the danger they are in.

- As the group knows what Altus is planning, they know they have to make a preemptive strike, and quickly. They contact Earth to get their hands on the newly created PWARG, which is hooked up to the Daedalus (along with a smokin hyperdrive) which will put the Daedalus in Pegasus in a few days time.

- They contact the Pegasus Coalition to let them know what's up. Resources are offered (perhaps Travellers' ships as well) to help with the battle. This is one way the Coalition and Atlantis attempt to make peace following Mayel's betrayal of John (whether Mayel is in this episode or not I haven't decided--if it makes sense to see her, she will be).

- Thanks to some McKay dazzle, they are able to track Altus's Hive ship. In heading out, Elizabeth asks to be allowed to go with them. John is hesitant, but McKay and Woolsey (and Caldwell) all agree that she should be allowed to go as she's the only one who can get inside the Collective.

- When they arrive at the location where the Hive Ship is, they are shocked to find that Asuras II is mostly complete. A preemptive strike with the PWARG finds the planet shielded from a PWARG attack. In addition, Asuras begins an attack on the attacking ships. The only choice is to send a jumper down and disable Asuras's shield. Elizabeth wants to go and John refuses to allow her--this leads up to the argument in which she asks him to disable her nanites, because if she's that much of a threat she doesn't want to cause them any more pain by having her around if she's a danger. Her words, coupled with what he felt he owed her for his decisions in Adrift/Lifeline, convince him to allow her to go.

- They make their way onto Asuras II, getting past the defenses thanks to Elizabeth and her 'wireless' connection. While the city is intact, though, Altus has not been able to build up a huge number of replicators because reprogramming the base code has been tricky. Franibeth and a small army are sent to stop John and the rest.

- As John, Ronon and Teyla battle the replicator army near the shield generator's power room, Elizabeth realizes that Altus is close to reforming Oberoth and knows she's the only other entity that can connect to the Collective. She asks Rodney's permission to head into the City this time and tells him to activate her kill switch if he loses communication with her. He reluctantly agrees.

- Elizabeth makes her way to the Asuran Tower, where Altus is feverishly working to morph himself into Oberoth and make new replicators. She surprises him by making the connection with him, freezing the Collective, including the Replicator army and the drones being fired at the Daedalus. Altus has just managed to become Oberoth, and Elizabeth holds him at bay.

- At the replicator battle, Franibeth suddenly leaves, leaving her army to battle John and the others. John uses the opportunity to set the charges at the shield generator's power source, finding out in the meanwhile that Elizabeth has gone directly to confront Oberoth.

- Franibeth arrives and uses her abilities to connect to Elizabeth and surprise her enough to lose control of the Collective. It is enough time, however, for the shield generator to be destroyed by John's C4. As Team Sheppard makes their way back, Elizabeth fights for control of the Collective. The explosion disrupts Franibeth's control and she and Franibeth enter into a standoff for control of the Collective.

- John, in the meanwhile, finds out where Elizabeth's at. With the shield down, the Daedalus can hit the planet with the PWARG and destroy everything with Nanites in it--including Elizabeth. They cannot beam her up because, of course, her tracking beacon has been removed since Lifeline and they did not 'fit' her with another. John decides 'not again' and, following true to his 'leave no man behind' mantra, instructs Rodney to pilot the jumper away, and goes after Elizabeth. If he can find her, he'll instruct the Daedalus to beam them both up or he'll fly an Asuran jumper away.

- Elizabeth is starting to weaken with both Oberoth and Franibeth attacking her, but after a lengthy discussion, manages through talk to convince Franibeth that she's enough 'Elizabeth' to help her escape. With Franibeth's help, they overpower Oberoth and freeze him and the Collective long enough to prevent any power redistribution to the shield. Elizabeth accepts her fate as dying with the replicators.

- John, however, arrives just in time. Franibeth tells Elizabeth to go with him, promising she'll keep the Collective frozen long enough to allow the PWARG to be used. John reminds Elizabeth that he doesn't leave 'his people' behind, and because of his encouragement, and the trust he seems to be placing in Franibeth, she agrees. The Daedalus beams them up. True to her word, Franibeth keeps the Collective frozen long enough for the PWARG to be used, and the entire planet is unbonded.

- At the end, we have Elizabeth still under guard, on the balcony with John coming out to talk to her. Though he seems convinced she's the real thing, he can't find much to talk about. This hesitancy in him we see reflected in Elizabeth's quiet demeanor. Though they have her back, there are still many issues to be worked through and they both know it. He leaves her on the balcony with a sad face on both parts, which will lead us into Quietus.
      Sorry to take so long to read this but I didn't want to rush through it.

I love this plot so very much. I could picture the expressions on their faces on that balcony. And it hit me that our SS6 is full of action and danger and adventure with background and character development sprinkled all through but not the focus. I think we come pretty close to duplicating the spirit of Stargate. We're not writing a romance novel or changing canon and are staying true to the original. Did I say I love this?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        regarding PM: Will the team use the ARGs when they hit Asuras II?
        Yes, they'll use ARGs. They're the only weapons that make real sense for an assault on replicators. But they won't show up until PM, part II, when the Daedalus returns from Earth with the PWARG. At that point they can give them souped up ARGs or something that explains why they work again, at least for a little while.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Yup, I have secured sgarising.com
        I think I started with a 5-year term or something
        So all I need now is the server space. *looks at Eri*
        All you should need is the name servers; I'll email you.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Sorry to take so long to read this but I didn't want to rush through it.

I love this plot so very much. I could picture the expressions on their faces on that balcony. And it hit me that our SS6 is full of action and danger and adventure with background and character development sprinkled all through but not the focus. I think we come pretty close to duplicating the spirit of Stargate. We're not writing a romance novel or changing canon and are staying true to the original. Did I say I love this?
        I agree! I think our season rocks.

Okay, since most everybody seems to like this plot I'm going to change the journal with my synopsis and we'll consider this the primary plotline for Primum Movens.

I am working on the continuity timeline; I'll try to get it up as soon as possible.

And guys, those of you who haven't written that snippet of a show REALLY need to. I think everyone should be prepared as a writer for what they're getting into and whether they might need help in developing their stories. To make these episodes as good as everyone wants them to be will be a longer process than I think any of us are expecting. We're not going to crank out our episodes in a few days, it may take weeks. So be prepared and amp yourself up for a lengthy amount of time with your computer! And practice by novelizing scenes from SGA, which will prepare you for the road ahead. :3
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Cute. I need to get me some of that. If I triple my athletic time of the day, I'll be up to a whole hour. Woot!

Thanks for looking that up. I was just about to. And LOL on the JG reference. Maybe the Athosians can be polyamorous bonking nomads. Now I hear that Kanaan will be over 40 in the books and had another family. Patrick Sabongui is 35. I'm sure he won't be happy to hear he's aged. Funny how some people are envisioned as being the same age as their character, while others are quite different or younger.
          Oh that's JUST PRICELESS. Next thing we'll hear is that Elizabeth is well over fifty! Also, ain't it funny how one nearly 40 year old man is just good enough for a certain female character, while the other similarly aged male character isn't?
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Oh that's JUST PRICELESS. Next thing we'll hear is that Elizabeth is well over fifty! Also, ain't it funny how one nearly 40 year old man is just good enough for a certain female character, while the other similarly aged male character isn't?
            Yeah, funny that. I think John is one of those who has suddenly gotten younger. And Kanaan's son would be the same age as Jinto. LOL I guess the polyamorous nomads get started young. The more I learn the more I am ROTFLMAO. I have stopped being critical because who is going to want this complete nonsense? So you have very little in canon about a character and this is the best you can come up with.

And don't you know Elizabeth is ageless now? After all, she's just a few bytes in a computer.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, funny that. I think John is one of those who has suddenly gotten younger. And Kanaan's son would be the same age as Jinto. LOL I guess the polyamorous nomads get started young. The more I learn the more I am ROTFLMAO. I have stopped being critical because who is going to want this complete nonsense? So you have very little in canon about a character and this is the best you can come up with.

And don't you know Elizabeth is ageless now? After all, she's just a few bytes in a computer.
              I am waiting for Teyla to turn into Nanny Fine. She will remain 25, I persume.

I find it loltastic how John suddenly became younger, and that bit about Kanaan's son (?!!!) who is the same age as Jinto. Priceless I say.

All of this is prompting me to do something about it, fic - wise....
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                What on earth is bonking? Obviously not what it means here, else Jo Graham would have some new material for her book

Edited to add:

Never mind. According to my good friend Google, it's the equivalent of hitting the wall
                Don't ask me. I already have problem with my own language and I didn't listen him. I just heard "Surf" and saw the ocean behind......where is my holiday?lol

OT
                Spoiler:
                Bye bye Italy. Sorry nephty.
                France and Italy (finalists for the last cup word) are the worst team now.lol
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  I am waiting for Teyla to turn into Nanny Fine. She will remain 25, I persume.

I find it loltastic how John suddenly became younger, and that bit about Kanaan's son (?!!!) who is the same age as Jinto. Priceless I say.

All of this is prompting me to do something about it, fic - wise....
                  You can't possibly come up with crack!fic that's crackier than this.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love this very much as well, because there is a lot of adventure. First of all, I like science fiction and this story is Super.
                    Second, I love Sheppard & Weir but that's another story.
                    Third, I think Joe Flanigan is HOT but as mommy told me when I was a child, "just watch and DO NOT TOUCH"

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      I love this very much as well, because there is a lot of adventure. First of all, I like science fiction and this story is Super.
                      Second, I love Sheppard & Weir but that's another story.
                      Third, I think Joe Flanigan is HOT but as mommy told me when I was a child, "just watch and DO NOT TOUCH"
                      LOL Very true but I'm betting Mommy never saw Joe.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm a fan of JG. I mean if what you say about her books is true......she's the most funny woman in the world.
                        So they (because she's not alone) take the sga story and write the total opposite. I can't wait to read the next informations. Rodney is a dog? Teyla is 16 years old but she has a baby with a man who is 40? The Stargate is a flush (sorry for this one)? I have many ideas like this so if they want some help for the next book, I'm here. I don't think my ideas will be so hard to put in it if I follow the logic (if it's logic) of those writers. YOU SAW SGA, WRITE THE OPPOSITE!
                        Last edited by Probie; 24 June 2010, 09:15 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          I'm a fan of JG. I mean if what you say about her books is true......she's the most funny woman in the world.
                          So they (because she's not alone) take the sga story and write the total opposite. I can't wait to read the next informations. Rodney is a dog? Teyla has 16 years old but she has a baby with a man who has 40? The Stargate is a flush (sorry for this one)? I have many ideas like this so if they want some help for the next book, I'm here. I don't think my ideas will be so hard to put in it if I follow the logic (if it's logic) of those writers. YOU SAW SGA, WRITE THE OPPOSITE!
                          We definitely need to write a Galaxy Quest version of SGA!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            So they (because she's not alone) take the sga story and write the total opposite. I can't wait to read the next informations. Rodney is a dog? Teyla is 16 years old but she has a baby with a man who is 40? The Stargate is a flush (sorry for this one)? I have many ideas like this so if they want some help for the next book, I'm here. I don't think my ideas will be so hard to put in it if I follow the logic (if it's logic) of those writers. YOU SAW SGA, WRITE THE OPPOSITE!
                            Brilliant! I also like nephtys's Galaxy Quest idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Brilliant! I also like nephtys's Galaxy Quest idea.
                              Thanks. I have my moment
                              sigpic

Comment

Just so 10 minutes of Stonehenge (I think the letters are in the order lol) with Torri. I already saw a little moment one week ago. I was focus on the accent but now I spent 10 mins to laugh. The music, the visual effects and the story are hilarious. It's good to see Torri in it but....LOL. Why she did this movie?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X